Video: 10 Reasons Why You Should NEVER Move to the United States

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Video: 10 Reasons Why You Should NEVER Move to the United States

Post by Winston »

10 Reasons Why You Should NEVER Move to the United States

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Video: 10 Reasons Why You Should NEVER Move to the United States

Post by Taco »

The only thing I miss is the food and trout fishing.

35 Things Wrong With America
https://www.returnofkings.com/52021/35- ... th-america
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This comment below the video about the US is so true.

Patrick Sullivan
2 days ago
I am Canadian and my wife and I moved from America a year and a half ago after spending six years there. We were treated like dirt and the violence and bad attitude is off the charts. Everything is a competition so people will not help you because they do not want you to get ahead. The obesity is off the charts and you will see most people are enormous and are deeply offended that anyone even the Dr advise them to exercise and eat less. Violence is a heart beat away and you had better watch your step. The women are something else and are loud and belligerent and demanding their rights and if you are thin and attractive you are shunned or threatened with bullying or just plain bullied by other women. If you are polite and nice you are considered soft and a target of derision. Then there is the weird religious groups that permeate society and I often think it strange a country so filled with religion is one of the most violent countries in the world. America is all about what you have materially and it is rare to be liked for who you are as people here are very superficial and if you are of no use to them they will quickly abandon you. Americans are obsessed with sex, drugs, alcohol and the size of their house. Children are emotionally abandoned as their parents are too busy working all the time so that they can aquire things to appear rich. Corruption is so rife that if you have integrity you are considered strange and old fashioned and on your high horse. Of course not everyone is like this but it is so prevalent that society is crumbling fast.

Jonny
1 month ago (edited)
I lived in Spain for 6 months a few years back. Lived my whole live in the states. I’ll tell you after two months my mental and physical health drastically increased. I was just so happy and felt great. Maybe it was the better food quality; strangers weren’t scared to interact with each other too. People had respect for one another no matter their occupation. I walked everywhere and the days just felt longer. (I mean that in a good way) here in the states we live on our phones and cars. No one interacts with each other unless you have something to gain.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:10 pm
This comment below the video about the US is so true.

Patrick Sullivan
America is all about what you have materially and it is rare to be liked for who you are as people here are very superficial and if you are of no use to them they will quickly abandon you.

Jonny
No one interacts with each other unless you have something to gain.
Out of both those comments, those are the 2 lines that stand out the most. Isn't it interesting that in all these American criticism videos you never see a comment from an American who refutes what the video says.
Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

United States is not the worst country in this world, but also far away from being the best. It is all relative, depends from where you are, depends on your situation.
Personally I see no reason why I ever should consider to move to USA. But on the other side, there are plenty of immigrants lining up and try to enter illegally...
USA has clearly some problems, for example there is no general basic health care for everybody, legally seen this country is a chaos, with every state following different laws. Prison population is the no. 1 in the world, more than half a million homeless living in the streets and so on.

The main problem is however that United States cares so much about other countries, about their human rights, women rights, children rights, animal rights etc. etc. but its government does not care much about its own citizens.

I was suprised when I saw a documentary of youth living in some low income area in the States - not all of them were black - their educational level was really low, even a child living somewhere in the Philippines in a slum and has never been in a school has a better knowledge and behavior.

Many of them could not write correctly a simple sentence in English, despite English is their native language, others were unable to tell you ten states and ten major cities within USA. Others were unable to speak even one sentence which did not contain some vulgar words...many of them had been in trouble with the law...

Generally, USA is not a dream destination, but many other countries are even worse...
Last edited by Yohan on December 17th, 2020, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan, have you ever seen any movies about high school life in the US and the toxic culture and bullying that goes on there? It's super toxic and competitive, the furthest thing in the universe from down to earth. It's a living hell that will scar you for life. Many movies show the high school life in the US and how toxic everyone acts. A shy soft person would be persecuted and in hell in that environment. I'm talking about high school life in the US, besides the problems you mentioned. Because I don't think any country on earth has a high schoo life that's that toxic. Not even UK or Australia.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
December 15th, 2020, 12:06 am
10 Reasons Why You Should NEVER Move to the United States

That's a good video, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. The comments people have posted have been spot on as well.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

This is a video from 2016, but I don't think so much changed for the better, right?

However we also have to be aware that pictures are often fakes and not originals - amateur people who create such videos have to be more careful otherwise their credibility is lost - but many comments agree that living in some cities in USA is often pretty bad...

Places You Wouldn't Want to Live in the U.S.

Another one, follow-up comments speak for themselves

Or this one, also with some remarkable follow-up comments

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

What you are seeing is a lot of people being unable to retire - even on the money they're on if it's decent - I know of someone who had to move in with his sibling in Arizona or Nevada because retirement in California was too expensive - that is why millions of American pensioners are now in places like Mexico, Panama and Ecuador - were talking about 3-4 million people (most of them are illegal...) because they can't afford to live in the United States which is brutally f***ed up! I don't know how many Americans are now retired in the Philippines (I imagine it's a substantial number...) Thailand... where else? But I read about one such couple who were saving 10000 dollars a year on property tax in Houston - I wouldn't pay that if I was getting reamed on health care on top of it!

If you're very rich then I am sure America is great but if you're not very rich - it is a rip off.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yohan wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 9:25 pm
This is a video from 2016, but I don't think so much changed for the better, right?

However we also have to be aware that pictures are often fakes and not originals - amateur people who create such videos have to be more careful otherwise their credibility is lost - but many comments agree that living in some cities in USA is often pretty bad...

Places You Wouldn't Want to Live in the U.S.

Having lived in three of those cities, I would say that the first video is pretty misleading. You can certainly find major league slums in New Orleans and St Louis, but -- not to put too fine a point on it -- those are black neighborhoods, and studiously avoided by most residents. Same with most of the other cities. The segment about Reno is simply a fabrication. He's put a Brazilian favela and another image in there that most assuredly are not Reno, which is a beautiful place with no slums that I ever saw (and I've been back there since the video was made).
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 10:53 pm
What you are seeing is a lot of people being unable to retire - even on the money they're on if it's decent - I know of someone who had to move in with his sibling in Arizona or Nevada because retirement in California was too expensive - that is why millions of American pensioners are now in places like Mexico, Panama and Ecuador - were talking about 3-4 million people (most of them are illegal...) because they can't afford to live in the United States which is brutally f***ed up! I don't know how many Americans are now retired in the Philippines (I imagine it's a substantial number...) Thailand... where else? But I read about one such couple who were saving 10000 dollars a year on property tax in Houston - I wouldn't pay that if I was getting reamed on health care on top of it!

If you're very rich then I am sure America is great but if you're not very rich - it is a rip off.
This is not different from many other countries and many retired people who are living in expensive cities while still working.

After retirement move away to places which offer a better quality of life and cheaper expenses.

I also moved out of Tokyo with wife and we are now in a smaller city (still 750.000,- people living here, and 150.000 in the nearby other smaller cities) and prices for house+land/or condominium are about 1/4 or 1/5 of those in Tokyo. I live now in the outskirts of Okayama city, with a river, hills and forest nearby. To the city center about 4 miles...

To move out of California - not even to overseas but within USA - after retirement makes surely a lot of sense. Why to stay in an expensive area after retirement? For what?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 5:21 am
yick wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 10:53 pm

This is not different from many other countries and many retired people who are living in expensive cities while still working.

After retirement move away to places which offer a better quality of life and cheaper expenses.

I also moved out of Tokyo with wife and we are now in a smaller city (still 750.000,- people living here, and 150.000 in the nearby other smaller cities) and prices for house+land/or condominium are about 1/4 or 1/5 of those in Tokyo. I live now in the outskirts of Okayama city, with a river, hills and forest nearby. To the city center about 4 miles...

To move out of California - not even to overseas but within USA - after retirement makes surely a lot of sense. Why to stay in an expensive area after retirement? For what?
The one thing you need as you get older is free, cheap or affordable healthcare which is probably non-existent for old age pensioners in the United States - you need to have decent healthcare as you get older because things just crop up. I agree with your premise there are cheaper parts of the country - London for a life in a coastal town in England such as Bridlington - you could probably sell your crappy terraced house in Hackney and by something nice by the sea with land up north.

Also, people are attatched to their crappy hometown and the people they went to school with, usually they marry someone from round there and their dopey kids repeat the pattern - if their social circle and kids live in that town - it is a big deal to go and live your retirement years in another part of the country, never mind somewhere Costa Rica or the Philippines.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 7:25 am
The one thing you need as you get older is free, cheap or affordable healthcare which is probably non-existent for old age pensioners in the United States - you need to have decent healthcare as you get older because things just crop up.
I agree with you. USA is not a paradise except you are really rich.

Healthcare in USA is seriously overpriced. - If you are getting older AND have a reasonable retirement allowance or otherwise permanent income, I think if you are holding US citizenship you are better off to relocate abroad. It can be only better for you overseas. US-insurances are known to kick you out if you really get old and need medical services.

I never had any problem with health insurance and retirement allowance, as I spent most time of my life in EU (Austria) and in Japan.
Both countries offer their citizens and legal foreign residents national health insurance for life and - if you do a regular job and pay your contribution into the retirement fond for not less than 15 years - a retirement allowance for life starting with 65 years old.

I and wife, we feel really safe in this aspect. Nothing to worry, and we own our condominium, no mortgage, we are free of any debts.
As a foreigner, visa regulation also is an important issue. I am a Japanese permanent resident (which means I can stay in Japan for life regardless my family status)

It is difficult to believe - but unfortunately true - that USA totally failed to provide such a basic service to its citizens.