Anyone else thinks that "settling down" is a dumb thing to do especially as a relatively young man? (Gynocentric society

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone else thinks that "settling down" is a dumb thing to do especially as a relatively young man? (Gynocentric soc

Post by MrMan »

Archibault wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 11:34 am
I would be open to having children in the future. But I would not be open to having a "nagging" wife who bosses me around. Like you said, many mistresses and having a fun life would be welcome. You'll be surprised that "nagging wife" types are very common, particularly in Western Countries. I had a friend from the UK who stopped hanging out with friends or even stopped working on projects(we used to do music together) since his wife didn't want to. It seems that whole "western monogamy" is a way to trap many guys. That's why I don't idealize the past since I see that many men were stuck with their wives. Pair Western monogamy+Anglo feminism and you got a recipe for disaster for the average man where everything is the man's fault.
A nagging wife scenario would be torture. I married a woman from Indonesia. But even so, being Asian doesn't make a woman automatically submissive or docile. I have to call her out on it if she does or say something that feels disrespectful to me. You have to set boundaries early on so she doesn't nag, domineer, or whatever, and if you don't it's harder, but you have to set them later.

My wife and I have common values from our faith. So she knows she is supposed to respect me and submit to me. It helps to have that as common ground. I would imagine it would be rough to have a loud, Anglo, feminist, atheist wife with little or no common ground on what marriage is supposed to be like.

Generally, purchases for the household need to go through me unless they are routine. I wouldn't want her bugging me about buying bread at the supermarket. But she wants to buy a new desk for one of the rooms, so she asked me. Stuff like that. You've got to set up the way you want things run in the household.