Illegal to go to other state or country for prostitution or underaged sex

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Illegal to go to other state or country for prostitution or underaged sex

Post by MrMan »

According to this website, it is illegal to cross state lines to have sex with a prostitute, including flying overseas:

https://www.gjllp.com/news/federal-crim ... nd-travel/

This is a lawyer's page, apparently. I had heard of the Mann Act forbidding transporting underaged girls across state lines. Before it was amended, a preacher was arrested for taking girls to church many decades back. But more typically, you might think of it applying if you take a teenager to a state where they don't prostitute for sleeping with teens or if you doing something particularly vile like taking kidnapped teens working as prostitutes across state lines. This is a US law.

But according to this page, someone who goes to another state or country to have sex with a prostitute or minor, whether or not the sex occurs, can be prosecuted, and customs can legally check your phone and electronic devices for pictures to collect evidence.

So those American citizen (and 'US person') posters who don't live in Los Vegas or Bangkok or parts of the Philippines who go there to have sex with prostitutes on the occasional post on a forum like this are posting incriminating evidence.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Illegal to go to other state or country for prostitution or underaged sex

Post by Yohan »

I know that Norway and UK have similar laws and maybe some other countries in Europe too. Not sure.

I say it again, if you are travelling abroad and look for women, always make sure that the woman with you is at least 18, or better in Asia 20 years old.

If you do not follow this very basic rule, don't tell me you did not know in case of legal troubles. You have been warned. Stay away from minors.

On the other side, it is not easy, if the woman is 20+ and living with you to charge you for 'prostitution' - she is just a new girlfriend you met somehow somewhere.

You could say the same about Japan - and not only about poorer countries like Philippines, Thailand or Cambodia - please do not believe such stupid internet postings claiming you can have sex with 13 y/o girls.

On the other side, if you meet a Japanese woman 20+ and nothing can be seen or heard from outside, it is not illegal to give her money for her services. N problem at all.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
December 8th, 2021, 8:50 am
... someone who goes to another state or country to have sex with a prostitute or minor, whether or not the sex occurs, can be prosecuted
This is true within USA, as states have different laws.

I remember a case a few years ago, where a 19 y/o man married a 14 y/o girl with full support of both of their parents, which was legal at that time and the marriage did not end in divorce.

2 years later they made together a trip by car, crossing the state border and checked into a hotel.
He was arrested for sex with a minor, despite holding a valid marriage certificate.

I don't remember exactly which US states, and what happened to them, but the story is for sure still somewhere out on the internet.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Yohan wrote:
December 8th, 2021, 10:06 am
I know that Norway and UK have similar laws and maybe some other countries in Europe too. Not sure.

I say it again, if you are travelling abroad and look for women, always make sure that the woman with you is at least 18, or better in Asia 20 years old.

If you do not follow this very basic rule, don't tell me you did not know in case of legal troubles. You have been warned. Stay away from minors.

On the other side, it is not easy, if the woman is 20+ and living with you to charge you for 'prostitution' - she is just a new girlfriend you met somehow somewhere.

You could say the same about Japan - and not only about poorer countries like Philippines, Thailand or Cambodia - please do not believe such stupid internet postings claiming you can have sex with 13 y/o girls.

On the other side, if you meet a Japanese woman 20+ and nothing can be seen or heard from outside, it is not illegal to give her money for her services. N problem at all.
Tsar better you pay full 100% atention on wisedom sage avices give here by yohan and same to you dan cily
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Spencer wrote:
December 8th, 2021, 10:32 am
Tsar better you pay full 100% atention on wisedom sage avices give here by yohan and same to you dan cily
Time will give you the answer...
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
December 8th, 2021, 10:13 am
MrMan wrote:
December 8th, 2021, 8:50 am
... someone who goes to another state or country to have sex with a prostitute or minor, whether or not the sex occurs, can be prosecuted
This is true within USA, as states have different laws.

I remember a case a few years ago, where a 19 y/o man married a 14 y/o girl with full support of both of their parents, which was legal at that time and the marriage did not end in divorce.

2 years later they made together a trip by car, crossing the state border and checked into a hotel.
He was arrested for sex with a minor, despite holding a valid marriage certificate.

I don't remember exactly which US states, and what happened to them, but the story is for sure still somewhere out on the internet.
That's obscenely obtrustive. How could they prove they had sex or that they had even consummated the marriage? Did they give her a 'virginity test'?

Unless they let something slip, he cannot be legally compelled to testify against himself and she cannot be forced to testify against her husband. There might be laws against sharing a room with a minor you aren't related to somewhere, an old law on the books.