Why did the Middle East become so conservative/religious if its so sunny there?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Why did the Middle East become so conservative/religious if its so sunny there?

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Hey guys,
This is a fact that I can't quite understand. At least having lived in USA, Europe and Latin America people tend to believe that countries like Brazil are super liberal because its sunny. What i mean by liberal is the whole, "Sex, Beach and fun." Kinda like how people see California in the 70's. That a country like the UK is more conservative because the weather is cold. For the UK I mean conservative in the sense that people seem to be more prudish than places like France or Spain.

Any way, those are just my impression so I realize that climate in the Middle East is very hot, hence I wonder why this "dissonance."
Last edited by ArchibaultNew on August 8th, 2022, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

galii
Experienced Poster

Re: Why did the Middle East become so conservative/religious if its so sunny there?

Post by galii »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 6:34 am
Hey guys,
This is a fact that I can't quite understand. At least having lived in USA, Europe and Latin America people tend to believe that countries like Brazil are super liberal because its sunny. What i mean by liberal is the whole, "Sex, Beach and fun." Kinda like how people see California in the 70's. That a country like the UK is more conservative because the weather is cold.

Any way, those are just my impression so I realize that climate in the Middle East is very hot, hence I wonder why this "dissonance."
There is a difference between sunny and hellish hot. The later is the case in most arabic countries in summer. So like the cold makes you conservative the hot makes you probably conservative too historically speaking.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: Why did the Middle East become so conservative/religious if its so sunny there?

Post by Outcast9428 »

The UK? Conservative? What?

All the cold climates lacking in sun are ultra left wing. Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Canada, Finland, Denmark, Germany. All of them are cold climates. Even in Asia the colder countries seem a bit more liberal compared to Southeast Asia.

In the US the Northeast states are progressive left wing whereas most of the southern states are more conservative. Obviously Florida is a major exception to that rule but generally the South is more conservative.

If anything it seems like warm climates correlate with conservatism. Conservatives tend to be less innovative and creative then liberals are. Warm climates are conducive to mindsets and lifestyles that never really need to change whereas cold climates create people who needed to innovate in order to survive. This genetic tendency may have resulted in people who feel they need change in order to not become bored whereas people from warmer climates are raised in easy environments and prefer to maintain what they have and live low risk lifestyles.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Outcast9428 wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 8:37 am
The UK? Conservative? What?

All the cold climates lacking in sun are ultra left wing. Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Canada, Finland, Denmark, Germany. All of them are cold climates. Even in Asia the colder countries seem a bit more liberal compared to Southeast Asia.

In the US the Northeast states are progressive left wing whereas most of the southern states are more conservative. Obviously Florida is a major exception to that rule but generally the South is more conservative.

If anything it seems like warm climates correlate with conservatism. Conservatives tend to be less innovative and creative then liberals are. Warm climates are conducive to mindsets and lifestyles that never really need to change whereas cold climates create people who needed to innovate in order to survive. This genetic tendency may have resulted in people who feel they need change in order to not become bored whereas people from warmer climates are raised in easy environments and prefer to maintain what they have and live low risk lifestyles.
I know I used the word conservative wrong in a usual sense but hear me out. There was a discussion about puritan workethic. That is the foundation of western dominance. To be able to have a modern liberal society you have to have a strong foundation and discipline otherwise you would be done in no time. So the conservative thing is the ability to dominate the world. A real liberal system would not be able to do that because of lack of power.

The conservative element which I call basically discipline is not a matter of decades. It is build genetically through 20 thousand plus years.

You can take the Philippines as the other side. It is a more liberal society in that sense that they never needed that much discipline and do not have it. They are more playful and do not live in fear of the deadly winter like Europeans do. Think about the word German angst.

Tl.Dr

Good weather makes happy but lazy people
Bad weather makes tough but unhappy people.
Though in Europe weather is no more that bad in it's effect because of heating technology and so on.