Idea for a New Forum Feature

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Idea for a New Forum Feature

Post by Tsar »

My idea is that someone who is on an ignore list of a thread creator cannot post on the thread creator's thread.

So if I posted a thread, anyone in The Loser Squad couldn't ruin it because if they're on my ignore list, they cannot post on the thread.

That will also improve the post quality by preventing drama from starting because the Loser Squad loves drama.

Does anyone else on the forum support my idea if it's possible?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
galii
Experienced Poster

Re: Idea for a New Forum Feature

Post by galii »

Tsar wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 3:12 am
My idea is that someone who is on an ignore list of a thread creator cannot post on the thread creator's thread.

So if I posted a thread, anyone in The Loser Squad couldn't ruin it because if they're on my ignore list, they cannot post on the thread.

That will also improve the post quality by preventing drama from starting because the Loser Squad loves drama.

I support it. I feel like safe spaces make sense sometimes :mrgreen:

edit: safe spaces
Last edited by galii on August 9th, 2022, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Tsar wrote:

I disagree. I say let them come and tear them apart :lol: otherwise it just becomes pockets of echo Chambers. If there are certain individuals who bother you on the forum, just ignore them is my advice. When the world turns to shit, which could be pretty soon, there will always be an opportunity to hunt down said individuals :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 4:38 am
Tsar wrote:

I disagree. I say let them come and tear them apart :lol: otherwise it just becomes pockets of echo Chambers. If there are certain individuals who bother you on the forum, just ignore them is my advice. When the world turns to shit, which could be pretty soon, there will always be an opportunity to hunt down said individuals :lol:
Hunt down in video game, right? We want to be peaceful and so on :mrgreen:

But sometimes oneself is full of shit. That is just how nature created people. Even looking at the mirror sometimes one does not know oneself is the problem. Anyway more safe spaces for everybody. People should be able to be left alone. If they are not they start shooting children in schools.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 4:58 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
Tsar wrote:

But sometimes oneself is full of shit. That is just how nature created people. Even looking at the mirror sometimes one does not know oneself is the problem. Anyway more safe spaces for everybody. People should be able to be left alone. If they are not they start shooting children in schools.
We can maintain a level of civility whilst everything is still alright. But soon everything will inevitably go to shit. When that happens only the strong will survive. Weaklings who hide behind their computer screens will be the first to die.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 5:05 am
galii wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 4:58 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
Tsar wrote:

We can maintain a level of civility whilst everything is still alright. But soon everything will inevitably go to shit. When that happens only the strong will survive. Weaklings who hide behind their computer screens will be the first to die.
You mean die in a videogame. We do not want to be bad role models for the kids, right?

Well I was in the apocalyptic discourse in the late 90's. Well seems like did not happen. I am a bit older so maybe a bit more wiser and not controlled by my emotions and testosterone like I was younger. I had also hateful seasons in my life and may still have it from time to time. So I am not a stranger to that. Btw the worst thing may be if life would be fair. Probably we would be bored out of our minds and start killing ourselfs. We are animals that is why we love 'killing zombies' in video games.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Tsar did you know about clicking on someone's user ID you can add them to your foe list and their posts are ignored.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 5:41 am
@Tsar did you know about clicking on someone's user ID you can add them to your foe list and their posts are ignored.
Yes, I do know about that feature. My suggestion was for an enhanced version.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar wrote:

It's a bad idea. Your idea will lead to forum censorship. I've seen forums die because of censorship.

@Winston will not implement your stupid idea.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 6:42 am
It's a bad idea. Your idea will lead to forum censorship. I've seen forums die because of censorship.

@Winston will not implement your stupid idea.
I don't think it's about censorship because it's not top-down censorship, it's personal censorship.

People can still post and create threads and reply, just not create posts on threads started by users who added them to ignore.

I disagree that my idea is stupid but you're free to have that opinion.

Most websites have a Block feature where getting blocked by someone prevents any replies to your threads and posts.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Tsar wrote:

We can call it the Echo Chamber Enhancement Update