Is life in Modern North America "Soulless"?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Is life in Modern North America "Soulless"?

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Hey guys,

This is an observation that Winston made awhile back and I agree with him. I assume the English speaking countries follow a somewhat similar pattern, especially since cars and single family home where brought from Britain. Hence, life in Anglo-Canada might be somewhat similar. Let me illustrate you an example it might be a bit contrived but it gets the ideas across.

For instance, you have a couple man and wife. They are childless and they live with their dog. They shower their dog with affection and buy it clothes. They live in apartment building, which is not as common in America since they could simple live in a single family home which is even more alienating and they dislike their neighbors.If their neighbors want to play "loud music" they'll call the cops on them because its against the "Common Good." You can't drink at the park either and it could get you in trouble. There's a lot of these "rules" where its against the "Common Good" to do many things.

There's no "third space" like in the Netherlands where people get together to work on projects. Instead, they mostly do everything in their "private sphere" at their building. The husband and wife drive to work, they don't have nor us public transportation, since its viewed for "poor people." Back at their job in the city center most of the city is neglected and have graffiti, homeless people and first generation migrants who speak a different language. It doesn't matter to them since the new building have security guards outside who keep every out. The building has no "history" it was build a few years ago. The husband tries not to talk to his co-workers since he could be accused of "harassment." Everything is kept professional. After work the husband and wife buy a bunch of "material" stuff they don't need like "grills," "fast fashion" which will be discarded after a few uses to buy more. They follow the Protestant religions "Calvinist", "Methodists", "Evangelism" which discourage "Intellectualism" and "Sentimentality" instead they choose to dress "casually," speak in "plain English" and have no "intellectual curiosity" of other people since according to Calvinist thought many other people are "damned" and "depraved."

Haha, this is a contrived/idealized example but I do feel there are people who do live this way and have similar ideas. But I wanted Winston and you guys to Chime in and give me your thoughts.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Is life in Modern North America "Soulless"?

Post by kangarunner »

We've been turned into dehumanized worker drones doing the same thing every day over and over again.

Wake up. Work, make something, go home, go to sleep. Do it over again.

You're a slave to money and then you die......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
October 29th, 2022, 8:02 am
Hey guys,

This is an observation that Winston made awhile back and I agree with him. I assume the English speaking countries follow a somewhat similar pattern, especially since cars and single family home where brought from Britain. Hence, life in Anglo-Canada might be somewhat similar. Let me illustrate you an example it might be a bit contrived but it gets the ideas across.

For instance, you have a couple man and wife. They are childless and they live with their dog. They shower their dog with affection and buy it clothes. They live in apartment building, which is not as common in America since they could simple live in a single family home which is even more alienating and they dislike their neighbors.If their neighbors want to play "loud music" they'll call the cops on them because its against the "Common Good." You can't drink at the park either and it could get you in trouble. There's a lot of these "rules" where its against the "Common Good" to do many things.

There's no "third space" like in the Netherlands where people get together to work on projects. Instead, they mostly do everything in their "private sphere" at their building. The husband and wife drive to work, they don't have nor us public transportation, since its viewed for "poor people." Back at their job in the city center most of the city is neglected and have graffiti, homeless people and first generation migrants who speak a different language. It doesn't matter to them since the new building have security guards outside who keep every out. The building has no "history" it was build a few years ago. The husband tries not to talk to his co-workers since he could be accused of "harassment." Everything is kept professional. After work the husband and wife buy a bunch of "material" stuff they don't need like "grills," "fast fashion" which will be discarded after a few uses to buy more. They follow the Protestant religions "Calvinist", "Methodists", "Evangelism" which discourage "Intellectualism" and "Sentimentality" instead they choose to dress "casually," speak in "plain English" and have no "intellectual curiosity" of other people since according to Calvinist thought many other people are "damned" and "depraved."

Haha, this is a contrived/idealized example but I do feel there are people who do live this way and have similar ideas. But I wanted Winston and you guys to Chime in and give me your thoughts.
In Montreal, it's legal to drink in the parks. The females there are also easier to approach, at least the last time I was there. Techno music is huge there. They also are against the commercialization of their way of life. They used to riot against increases in tuition fees, building new luxury condos and they are openly against the police.

Contrast to Toronto, it's illegal to drink in parks. The females are angry and they don't want average men approaching them. They encourage consumer culture. They listen to Drake and the Weeknd. They publicly shame people who don't want to be gouged in Toronto. They are willing to pay sky high rents and they sic Toronto Police on innocent men. Many Toronto feminists are closely tied with City Council and the Toronto Police.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Mew6ix wrote:
October 29th, 2022, 10:05 am
ArchibaultNew wrote:
October 29th, 2022, 8:02 am
Hey guys,

In Montreal, it's legal to drink in the parks. The females there are also easier to approach, at least the last time I was there. Techno music is huge there. They also are against the commercialization of their way of life. They used to riot against increases in tuition fees, building new luxury condos and they are openly against the police.

Contrast to Toronto, it's illegal to drink in parks. The females are angry and they don't want average men approaching them. They encourage consumer culture. They listen to Drake and the Weeknd. They publicly shame people who don't want to be gouged in Toronto. They are willing to pay sky high rents and they sic Toronto Police on innocent men. Many Toronto feminists are closely tied with City Council and the Toronto Police.
Exactly, I don't count Quebec as Anglo-North America but as Franco-America. But yes, I agree Quebec has a very lively culture and different mindset. It definitely a Province to look up to.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Mew6ix wrote:

I'd rather live in Canada than this freakshow here in the US. I once saw a meme that said something like, "Canadians must think they live in an apartment above a meth lab".

By the way, isn't it interesting you never read any blog articles or websites from native people in SE Asia who hate it there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

kangarunner wrote:
October 29th, 2022, 10:18 am
Mew6ix wrote:

I'd rather live in Canada than this freakshow here in the US. I once saw a meme that said something like, "Canadians must think they live in an apartment above a meth lab".

By the way, isn't it interesting you never read any blog articles or websites from native people in SE Asia who hate it there.
I'm a European Jew. Why would I compare myself to those who were colonized? You make no sense?