Americans are much more serious about dating now then before the pandemic.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Americans are much more serious about dating now then before the pandemic.

Post by Outcast9428 »

My dad reads the Wall Street Journal every morning and found an article in the paper he thought I would be interested in, it is saying that, in the past two years, Americans have become a lot more serious about dating... @Mercer There are some whitepills for you as well in this article.

In 2019, 58% of singles said they were dating with the intention of finding a marriage partner. This year, that number has gone up to 75%. In addition to this, more singles then before said they were willing to wait before having sex in a relationship with 40% of men and 33% of women saying they were willing to wait.

On the list of top 5 things people were looking for in a partner, three traits entered the top 5 that are new since 2019... One was being comfortable with your sexuality, second was being able to communicate your wants and needs, and third was being emotionally mature. The trait which dropped out of the top 5, @Mercer pay attention to this one, was physical attraction.

About 80% of singles said that Roe v. Wade being overturned had changed their sexual behavior. So I imagine the pandemic, along with Roe V. Wade being overturned, will only serve to continue this trend of Americans becoming more serious about marriage and relationships.

See, I keep trying to tell y'all, there has been a lot of good news this year. I made a thread earlier showing that Americans, on average, are also becoming more conservative, and significantly less leftist. I mean, the midterm elections could have gone a little better, but think about it this way. Most Americans still supported the Republican Party even after we banned abortion in 1/3 of the states. Even after banning abortion in Texas, Greg Abbott still destroyed Beto O'Rourke by double digits. The GOP also expanded its control in the North Carolina general assembly despite North Carolinians knowing that giving the Republicans enough power would definitely result in abortion being banned there. The North Carolina general assembly was literally one seat in the house away from having the supermajority they needed to override the governor's veto and get abortion banned.

America is changing, the absolute hell that America seemed to be heading towards during the 2013-2020 years is finally over and that cultural trend is reversing, thank God, we are going back to what America used to be like.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Americans are much more serious about dating now then before the pandemic.

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Outcast9428 wrote:
November 16th, 2022, 10:32 pm
My dad reads the Wall Street Journal every morning and found an article in the paper he thought I would be interested in, it is saying that, in the past two years, Americans have become a lot more serious about dating... @Mercer There are some whitepills for you as well in this article.

In 2019, 58% of singles said they were dating with the intention of finding a marriage partner. This year, that number has gone up to 75%. In addition to this, more singles then before said they were willing to wait before having sex in a relationship with 40% of men and 33% of women saying they were willing to wait.

On the list of top 5 things people were looking for in a partner, three traits entered the top 5 that are new since 2019... One was being comfortable with your sexuality, second was being able to communicate your wants and needs, and third was being emotionally mature. The trait which dropped out of the top 5, @Mercer pay attention to this one, was physical attraction.

About 80% of singles said that Roe v. Wade being overturned had changed their sexual behavior. So I imagine the pandemic, along with Roe V. Wade being overturned, will only serve to continue this trend of Americans becoming more serious about marriage and relationships.

See, I keep trying to tell y'all, there has been a lot of good news this year. I made a thread earlier showing that Americans, on average, are also becoming more conservative, and significantly less leftist. I mean, the midterm elections could have gone a little better, but think about it this way. Most Americans still supported the Republican Party even after we banned abortion in 1/3 of the states. Even after banning abortion in Texas, Greg Abbott still destroyed Beto O'Rourke by double digits. The GOP also expanded its control in the North Carolina general assembly despite North Carolinians knowing that giving the Republicans enough power would definitely result in abortion being banned there. The North Carolina general assembly was literally one seat in the house away from having the supermajority they needed to override the governor's veto and get abortion banned.

America is changing, the absolute hell that America seemed to be heading towards during the 2013-2020 years is finally over and that cultural trend is reversing, thank God, we are going back to what America used to be like.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 17th, 2022, 4:02 am
Outcast9428 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What’s so funny?

Why are y’all so adamant about refusing to accept any good news?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
We are coming into a time, if we haven't gotten there yet, where 18-year-olds are a smaller generation. There were fewer children born the years after 911. So it could be that young singles are a little older demographic than a few years ago, and older singles might be a little more serious about marriage and tend to be more serious about marriage.

But I didn't read the article.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@MrMan

I highly doubt that a change, which occurred in only two-three years, would happen because of shifting age demographics.

@Mercer

Well of course nothing has changed in California. California is your only measurement of what the country is like right now.

I don't live in a small town, I live in the suburbs. Suburban White people around here are definitely majority centrist or conservative. The leftists tend to flock to the cities and the university towns but anywhere else and they really stand out. I'd say leftists are only 1 in 20 people around here. The really radical leftists are definitely kind of difficult to find. I've only known four people from my area in my entire life who believed in that "gender is made up and nonbinaries are a real gender" type nonsense. They were all kids who came from families who were known to be unusually left-wing. And all of them are absolutely insane and have been practically disowned by their parents because their behavior in other ways is so extreme and outrageous. Everyone I know who knew them from high school thinks they are crazy and mentally ill, and the radical left-wing politics are a big part of why people think they are crazy.

To be fair, if I shared every opinion I share on here with the people I knew from high school. They would probably think I am crazy too.

I am not trying to say that Virginia is some conservative paradise. We are not like Hungary or the 1950s, there are plenty of liberals here, there are definitely plenty of ghetto Blacks. And its not like you never meet crazy leftist types here.

However, Virginia is remarkably balanced when it comes to politics, and you won't struggle to find your niche here. If you want traditionalism, its not that hard to find here in the small towns or the suburbs. If you want leftism, then there's definitely plenty of that too in the cities and universities. If you want liberalism, again its very easy to find in the cities and universities. The suburbs have a decent bit of liberalism as well.

I would say though, that Virginia is definitely not hospitable for political radicalism. People here tend to dislike what they see as extremism on either side. If you say "I think things would be better if more women were at home." You probably wouldn't get much of a reaction, plenty would disagree with you but they wouldn't react too strongly, but you would get a strong reaction if you said "women ought to be kicked out of the workforce and go back to the kitchen" :lol:. Honestly though, even in Hungary or Japan people would think that is too extreme.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Outcast9428 wrote:
November 18th, 2022, 10:01 pm
@MrMan

I highly doubt that a change, which occurred in only two-three years, would happen because of shifting age demographics.

@Mercer

Well of course nothing has changed in California. California is your only measurement of what the country is like right now.

I don't live in a small town, I live in the suburbs. Suburban White people around here are definitely majority centrist or conservative. The leftists tend to flock to the cities and the university towns but anywhere else and they really stand out. I'd say leftists are only 1 in 20 people around here. The really radical leftists are definitely kind of difficult to find. I've only known four people from my area in my entire life who believed in that "gender is made up and nonbinaries are a real gender" type nonsense. They were all kids who came from families who were known to be unusually left-wing. And all of them are absolutely insane and have been practically disowned by their parents because their behavior in other ways is so extreme and outrageous. Everyone I know who knew them from high school thinks they are crazy and mentally ill, and the radical left-wing politics are a big part of why people think they are crazy.

To be fair, if I shared every opinion I share on here with the people I knew from high school. They would probably think I am crazy too.

I am not trying to say that Virginia is some conservative paradise. We are not like Hungary or the 1950s, there are plenty of liberals here, there are definitely plenty of ghetto Blacks. And its not like you never meet crazy leftist types here.

However, Virginia is remarkably balanced when it comes to politics, and you won't struggle to find your niche here. If you want traditionalism, its not that hard to find here in the small towns or the suburbs. If you want leftism, then there's definitely plenty of that too in the cities and universities. If you want liberalism, again its very easy to find in the cities and universities. The suburbs have a decent bit of liberalism as well.

I would say though, that Virginia is definitely not hospitable for political radicalism. People here tend to dislike what they see as extremism on either side. If you say "I think things would be better if more women were at home." You probably wouldn't get much of a reaction, plenty would disagree with you but they wouldn't react too strongly, but you would get a strong reaction if you said "women ought to be kicked out of the workforce and go back to the kitchen" :lol:. Honestly though, even in Hungary or Japan people would think that is too extreme.
Working is only neccessary for survival, otherwise it's pointless. Some work women are suited for like nursing because male nurses don't seem right, the name itself sounds feminine. But other than that, I don't think women belong in the armed forces, or should be anywhere near the military other than providing medical services. Just my attitude toward this.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Mercer wrote:
November 19th, 2022, 4:10 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
@MrMan

@Mercer

I can go online and see what's going on around this country and the west in general. The U.S. and the western world have gone to shit.
I know why you think that’s a good representation of what’s happening elsewhere in the country… But the truth is that you don’t know where these people are from. Most people online do not openly advertise where they live. Perhaps even more importantly though, you also don’t know what kind of person they are.

I’ve seen people online try to act as if countries such as India and Iran are actually feminist countries. When I went to Hungary, one of the traditionalist guys I spoke to acted like political correctness, degeneracy, and feminism was still a problem there even though I barely saw any of that. Nightclubs in Hungary are like night and day compared to our nightclubs. There’s no degeneracy or sketchy people in Hungarian nightclubs. Hungary has a lot of young couples walking around and there’s basically no ghetto culture there at all.

But everything is relative and people who grow up in conservative environments don’t realize how conservative they are relative to everywhere else until they travel and see other places. I notice traditionalists in particular always think a certain country or place isn’t conservative enough. I agree that there are still remnants of feminism/liberalism left in Hungary. But it’s all under assault from the government. The Hungarian government really does want to bring back the 1950s and they are amazingly close to reaching that goal.

I would also say the reverse is true and people living in liberal/leftist environments don’t realize how liberal/leftist they are until they check out other states… My ex girlfriend couldn’t believe how much of a difference there was between Florida and Virginia.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
@MrMan

A larger percentage the single population getting to the age where they might marry in this culture, while the younger part of the 'singles' segment of our society has fewer numbers could potentially skew the stats somewhat. But I don't know the demographics. Just that we are coming into some lean years for traditional students, where there is a relatively small number of college-aged students. Many colleges dropped SAT requirements to compete. They sure are sending my A-student senior-in-high-school a lot of mail.
I live in a red county that is a suburb of a small city. Maybe there are a couple of hundred thousand people in this metro area. Some of the kids in school are getting this non-binary garbage off of TicToc.
Maybe they should expand the size of DC to include all the liberals who live in the DC suburbs so they won't vote in Virginia elections. But that would require an amendment to the constitution, and those rich white folks might not want to be in the DC school system.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@MrMan

That would be really nice if we could. Many conservatives I talk to around here also say they wish they could make that section of VA an expansion of either DC or Maryland. It would help the state tremendously if we could give away those northern counties. The Republicans would absolutely dominate elections here if we did that.

I do plan on replying to your other post by the way it’s just pretty long so I’m gonna get around to it when I find the time.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Mercer wrote:
November 21st, 2022, 7:00 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
November 20th, 2022, 1:22 pm
Mercer wrote:
November 19th, 2022, 4:10 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
@MrMan

@Mercer

I can go online and see what's going on around this country and the west in general. The U.S. and the western world have gone to shit.
I know why you think that’s a good representation of what’s happening elsewhere in the country… But the truth is that you don’t know where these people are from. Most people online do not openly advertise where they live. Perhaps even more importantly though, you also don’t know what kind of person they are.
You can easily watch videos, the news, or even look at stats from around the country to know that it's gone to shit. Many places in the midwest, south, and northeast look worse than California.
Stats can give you a pretty good picture of what’s going on in a place… Thankfully I’ve already done the work for you. I have comparative statistics here…

viewtopic.php?style=11&f=21&t=46466