Lessons from the Liver King

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Lessons from the Liver King

Post by Cornfed »

If you are familiar with YouTube fitness influencers you will know of the recent issue where an influencer calling himself Liver King, who always claimed to not use drugs, turned out to be on drugs all along (which was kind of obvious).

There are a couple of lessons from this. For one thing there is no honest way to make money in this or most other industries. If LK had not used drugs he would probably look basically like me. (He is a little guy about my skeletal size, although you of course wouldn't know is to see his pictures.) This would still be a huge improvement over the average couch potato, but would not have made him internationally famous.

Another problem is that there is no money in actual sensible diet and exercise advice. So they eat meat they buy at Walmart, do my workouts or similar and that will work well. They don't have to pay you money for that. LK's strategy was to was to give sensible advice but then say that wasn't quite enough, so you had to eat raw goat's balls and such as well in order to look like him. You don't want to do that? No problem, just buy his supplements.

The other lesson is that the guy was already rich and approached the whole social media thing as a high-investment, high-return business. Image consultants, special doctors, paid advertising, professional filming and such. Organic success does happen at times and places, but now is largely a pipe dream.

Hence if you were hoping to turn your hobby into a lucrative business and do well by doing good, you are probably shit out of luck.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Lessons from the Liver King

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
December 5th, 2022, 10:17 am
If you are familiar with YouTube fitness influencers you will know of the recent issue where an influencer calling himself Liver King, who always claimed to not use drugs, turned out to be on drugs all along (which was kind of obvious).

There are a couple of lessons from this. For one thing there is no honest way to make money in this or most other industries. If LK had not used drugs he would probably look basically like me. (He is a little guy about my skeletal size, although you of course wouldn't know is to see his pictures.) This would still be a huge improvement over the average couch potato, but would not have made him internationally famous.
I looked him up yesterday. What is the evidence that he used steroids, aside from the Hulk-like physique?

I wonder if he were actually telling the truth if eating raw animal testicles pumped him full of testosterone. For me, that is too high of a price to pay. I'd rather look a bit like Jabba the Hutt or something like that (and still be human of course) than eat raw testicles and eat like the liver king. I am happy I am not at the Jabba the Hutt extreme, and I can claim to look a bit more like the liver king since I have a human face and no tail.
The other lesson is that the guy was already rich and approached the whole social media thing as a high-investment, high-return business. Image consultants, special doctors, paid advertising, professional filming and such. Organic success does happen at times and places, but now is largely a pipe dream.

Hence if you were hoping to turn your hobby into a lucrative business and do well by doing good, you are probably shit out of luck.
There are people who sell legitimate products and do well. I think Jordan Peterson is using a lot of online promotion. Some of it is 'organic' now that he has become a celebrity and other YouTubers use his face to promote their videos. But he has sensible advice and he's making money.

There is this Dr. Gundry guy. I saw one of his ads and talked with it about my mother. She said she didn't trust him, because one week one product is the great secret to weight loss. The next week it is something else. He's probably the best salesman of medical-based diet plans I've seen for the quality of the commercials because he has such good credentials and experience (if he is telling the truth.) But I suspect he makes money because people do not take him up on the return policy.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
December 5th, 2022, 11:50 am
I looked him up yesterday. What is the evidence that he used steroids, aside from the Hulk-like physique?
Someone leaked his e-mails enquiring about what drugs to use and he posted a video admitting to drug use and apologizing for lying.
There are people who sell legitimate products and do well. I think Jordan Peterson is using a lot of online promotion.
Is this a joke?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
December 5th, 2022, 11:57 am
There are people who sell legitimate products and do well. I think Jordan Peterson is using a lot of online promotion.
Is this a joke?
Why would I be joiking?

I ordered a few universal one-size-fits-all ratchet heads. If it actually works, that's pretty cool. I bought two to give as gifts.

Jordan Peterson has some decent things to say, but I think he might use advertisers to promote his lectures, and probably a lot of it is organic traffic. He sells books and gets paid for lectures.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
December 6th, 2022, 11:09 pm
Jordan Peterson has some decent things to say, but I think he might use advertisers to promote his lectures, and probably a lot of it is organic traffic. He sells books and gets paid for lectures.
He is managed by a team of Jews to promote evil Jewish rule.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 6:04 am
MrMan wrote:
Your conspiracy theory lenses you look at the world through aren't going to help you in life.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 10:44 am
Cornfed wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 6:04 am
MrMan wrote:
Your conspiracy theory lenses you look at the world through aren't going to help you in life.
Why don't you do some research? I would be happy to put money on what I say being true. He most likely has an image manager, business manager, agent, booker etc. all of whom are Jews, which explains his constant groveling to the Jews.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

As expected, Liver King's strategy for dealing with the situation was to pretend to go off drugs for a short time, then go back on them, stop talking about the issue and carry on as before. You would think his sales would plummet, but no, they are as high as ever. People are stupid.