Things Worth Doing

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Things Worth Doing

Post by fschmidt »

Most things are not worth doing. Complaining is a waste of time. Politics is worthless. Here are some things that I think are worth doing:

1. Have a family.
2. Attend a conservative religious service.
3. Create good things.
4. Become Arkian.

I have a family. There are no good religious services where I live, so I will move. I create a lot of good software, see the last 4 links here. And of course I am Arkian.

If you can think of anything else worth doing that I didn't list here, let me know.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Re: Things Worth Doing

Post by MrPeabody »

I have a suggestion. Your site seems to imply that the key to virtue is high IQ. What about the indigenous Indians who have been living in harmony with nature for thousands of years. They don’t necessarily have high Iqs but they create stable societies that last for centuries and are sustainable, so the environment continuously regenerates food and shelter so they can live. The real problem with virtue is our out of control greedy capitalistic system which sees everything, including humans, as a resource to be exploited. The materialistic culture corrupts everything.

Here is an article on the uncontacted tribes in Peru. The developers would like to kick them off their land so they can exploit the forests. Then they will move to the cities and become drunks, and you will complain that they have no virtue.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... tions-bill

https://www.survivalinternational.org/c ... ncontacted

You are a smart guy. I recommend you read the book: “The case against the global economy” by Jerry Mander. It will expand your consciousness.