People still calling America "freer" than everywhere else.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

People still calling America "freer" than everywhere else.

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Why does America keep calling itself this free nation? And do immigrants honestly still believe this bullshit about this country just because they fled from their own country that was going through issues? I looked at the NYpost and the first thing I saw was

"As Russia continues its bloody assault on Ukraine and China cracks down on dissent in its own country, Americans can see just how lucky we are to have freedom and democracy in our land. But some, who escaped repressive regimes to come to our shores, fear the US is now heading in the same dangerous direction as the countries they left behind."

So I'm thinking why do foreign idiots still buy into that bullshit lie that America is the freest nation compared to all the other countries? @lucas88 fled the UK but he didn't come here, he went to Spain. According to this post we are "Lucky"

https://nypost.com/2022/04/02/america-i ... -escapees/
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: People still calling America "freer" than everywhere else.

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
December 31st, 2022, 4:39 pm
Why does America keep calling itself this free nation? And do immigrants honestly still believe this bullshit about this country just because they fled from their own country that was going through issues? I looked at the NYpost and the first thing I saw was

"As Russia continues its bloody assault on Ukraine and China cracks down on dissent in its own country, Americans can see just how lucky we are to have freedom and democracy in our land. But some, who escaped repressive regimes to come to our shores, fear the US is now heading in the same dangerous direction as the countries they left behind."

So I'm thinking why do foreign idiots still buy into that bullshit lie that America is the freest nation compared to all the other countries? @lucas88 fled the UK but he didn't come here, he went to Spain. According to this post we are "Lucky"

https://nypost.com/2022/04/02/america-i ... -escapees/
Because they don't know any better. The grass seems to be greener on the other side. The "American Dream" Propaganda is actually working.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

While the American people are the scum of the Earth, America has by far the world's best constitution. And this still gives people in America unique protections including freedom of speech and the right to bear arms. Ultimately I expect the vile population to do away with constitutional protections, but that will take time.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Yes, freedom of speech and right to bear arms. Americans can bear arms but they can't fight off Abrams tanks, drones, and artillery with their puny AR15s. :-(. You expect civilians with guns to stand a chance against a highly trained strike group? Right to bear arms is written in the time of muskets. Now the government has tanks, fighter jets, drones, artillery, and cruise missiles.
You can complain about the situation about America all you want. It's going to be ignored and thrown out in the wind. The elites are too busy siphoning off the wealth in this country. Yeah nice freedum.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

fschmidt wrote:
December 31st, 2022, 5:13 pm
Ultimately I expect the vile population to do away with constitutional protections, but that will take time.
Not so sure it will take much time. Virtually every constitutional freedom was suspended during the scamdemic, some of them for almost two years. Time and again surveys (not presented as constitutional questions) show that Americans would do away with the Bill of Rights if they could. The saving grace of the nation so far has been its federalist system, which allows a handful of states that are attuned to constitutional values to assert sovereignty. That may have been the thing that kept the totalitarians from completing their worldwide agenda during the scamdemic (if you don't have the U.S. you don't have the degree of control you need), but the population of even those states grows stupider all the time, as does the federal judiciary.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
December 31st, 2022, 5:22 pm
Yes, freedom of speech and right to bear arms. Americans can bear arms but they can't fight off Abrams tanks, drones, and artillery with their puny AR15s. :-(. You expect civilians with guns to stand a chance against a highly trained strike group? Right to bear arms is written in the time of muskets. Now the government has tanks, fighter jets, drones, artillery, and cruise missiles.
You can complain about the situation about America all you want. It's going to be ignored and thrown out in the wind. The elites are too busy siphoning off the wealth in this country. Yeah nice freedum.
This I agree with, and the fact that people have the right to bear arms, when has the people ever used their guns anyway?
After that Jan 6 scenario, they were crying when they got arrested and thrown in jail. Where were all those armed citizens at to break them out of prison? Armed citizens who are also too afraid to fight, when streets were being destroyed in Leftist states where conservatives still lived at, none of them took out their firearms to do anything to stop Antifa or BLM both groups were encouraged by the Government to destroy and wreck havoc, yet people just went online to complain about it versus going out to fight them because they knew if they did. They would be the ones thrown in jail, not Antifa or BLM who were being bailed out.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

December 31st, 2022, 5:59 pm
December 31st, 2022, 5:22 pm
This I agree with, and the fact that people have the right to bear arms, when has the people ever used their guns anyway?
After that Jan 6 scenario, they were crying when they got arrested and thrown in jail. Where were all those armed citizens at to break them out of prison? Armed citizens who are also too afraid to fight, when streets were being destroyed in Leftist states where conservatives still lived at, none of them took out their firearms to do anything to stop Antifa or BLM both groups were encouraged by the Government to destroy and wreck havoc, yet people just went online to complain about it versus going out to fight them because they knew if they did. They would be the ones thrown in jail, not Antifa or BLM who were being bailed out.
Yes, I wonder where all the 2nd amendment people went when there were BLM protests all across the country burning down Minneapolis, Portland and other major cities? And I don't think people would risk their lives busting out some strangers who participated in Jan 6 scenario.
Like I said, the right to bear arms was written in a time of smoothbore musket guns. Back then the U.S government didn't have a powerful military like today. The firepower for both civilians and government soldiers were the same. However, today it is a different story. The government prepared for an insurrection and built FEMA camps and detention camps all across the country.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Why does America keep calling itself this free nation?
So I'm thinking why do foreign idiots still buy into that bullshit lie that America is the freest nation compared to all the other countries?
For sure USA is NOT 'freer' than everywhere else.

There are many reasons that USA is NOT the No. 1 regarding personal freedom.

There are too many restrictions, for example even if an US-citizen is moving abroad living there permanently since decades, he is subject to report his financial situation to US-tax related authorities, I am not aware of any other country which requires this.

USA also has different laws within its own territory, it's very restrictive regarding abortion and prostitution, even has a law if an US-citizen meets a foreign women via internet services and wants to marry and bring her back to the States. Only few countries worldwide have such strange regulations.
USA has also a remarkable large prison population, with many in jail for not violent crimes, like being bankrupt, jobless and unable to pay child support. It's also strongly feminist and woke orientated. USA is also the only developed nation worldwide I guess, which does not offer basic medical care to all its citizens. A country with rather inactive labor unions, where some workers in restaurants, hotels, delivery and similar services have to make a living out of tips.

My opinion: not so free, but for sure there are many countries which governments offer their citizens by far less protection...

There are some organizations which check out (somewhat biased of course) what freedom means.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_in_the_World

Out of 194 countries USA made it up only to rank 61, score was 83 out of 100.

Not so bad, but not so free either....
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Yohan wrote:
January 1st, 2023, 1:17 am
So I'm thinking why do foreign idiots still buy into that bullshit lie that America is the freest nation compared to all the other countries?

There are too many restrictions, for example even if an US-citizen is moving abroad living there permanently since decades, he is subject to report his financial situation to US-tax related authorities, I am not aware of any other country which requires this.

USA also has different laws within its own territory, it's very restrictive regarding abortion and prostitution, even has a law if an US-citizen meets a foreign women via internet services and wants to marry and bring her back to the States. Only few countries worldwide have such strange regulations.
USA has also a remarkable large prison population, with many in jail for not violent crimes, like being bankrupt, jobless and unable to pay child support. It's also strongly feminist and woke orientated. USA is also the only developed nation worldwide I guess, which does not offer basic medical care to all its citizens. A country with rather inactive labor unions, where some workers in restaurants, hotels, delivery and similar services have to make a living out of tips.

My opinion: not so free, but for sure there are many countries which governments offer their citizens by far less protection...

There are some organizations which check out (somewhat biased of course) what freedom means.

The only people calling it "free" are mostly the Republican/Right Wing types since they are overly "patriotic" about the damn country. And I notice no one young really says that, it's always some older Americans that say it. My own mother once said it and I had to correct her. The Democrats and Liberals know it isn't free but they don't give a shit regardless because they want it to be that way. I just feel that immigrants buy into that dumb shit lie. Especially immigrants that fled communist countries, they come here and start talking out the ass like they know America better than Americans since they believe the U.S. is "freer" than their own country when in actuality, America just treat immigrants better because they want to exploit and use them especially if they have any reason to believe they can be used for cheap labor or will vote democrat.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

January 1st, 2023, 2:47 am
Yohan wrote:

The only people calling it "free" are mostly the Republican/Right Wing types since they are overly "patriotic" about the damn country. And I notice no one young really says that, it's always some older Americans that say it. My own mother once said it and I had to correct her. The Democrats and Liberals know it isn't free but they don't give a shit regardless because they want it to be that way. I just feel that immigrants buy into that dumb shit lie. Especially immigrants that fled communist countries, they come here and start talking out the ass like they know America better than Americans since they believe the U.S. is "freer" than their own country when in actuality, America just treat immigrants better because they want to exploit and use them especially if they have any reason to believe they can be used for cheap labor or will vote democrat.
I agree, American isn't free but still people in my country, South Korea believe in that bullsh*t. My friends in Korea continues to beg me to allow them to stay in my house in America. So they can tell their friends they been to New York and America. They don't know the harsh reality to live in America because of the high cost of living, crap healthcare, high crime rates, excessive taxes( payroll tax, sales tax, income tax) and cold & hostile people.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Yohan wrote:

Yes.. America had little bit more freedom back in the late 90's, but on man... get taxed on worldwide income is very totalitarian.
Not to mention we have the patriot act, political correctness(Watch what you say or you will be fired from job), fire at will(the employer has the right to terminate without notice), CIA prison camps, too many ridiculous laws, etc.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

January 1st, 2023, 6:47 am
Yohan wrote:

I agree, American isn't free but still people in my country, South Korea believe in that bullsh*t. My friends in Korea continues to beg me to allow them to stay in my house in America. So they can tell their friends they been to New York and America. They don't know the harsh reality to live in America because of the high cost of living, crap healthcare, high crime rates, excessive taxes( payroll tax, sales tax, income tax) and cold & hostile people.
I think people that buy into it just haven't experienced the downfall of this country for themselves. I think once or if the U.S. get to how Venezuela ended up THEN people will start to see it. It's only 2023, America isn't going to remain a "super power" for very long... Too many cucks, a woke military, too much LBGTQ shit, too much transgenderism, white guilt, and blacks certainly could care less either, and all the old farts clinging on to their first amendment rights still believe Trump is GOD and is going to save America. All Trump voters believe this guy is the greatest man that ever lived, so they put all this faith into this guy when he couldn't even prevent the people of Jan 6 from being arrested, and even did some shady stuff to prove he's part of the problem The only difference between him and the Dems is that the Dems is honest about proving the U.S. isn't this free country, they want you to see exactly what this nation really is. And I don't think they ever preached America being this great nation either, they don't have to sell that lie to get people to come here. Instead they just promise to give them stuff they don't have.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

January 1st, 2023, 2:43 pm
Yohan wrote:

I think people that buy into it just haven't experienced the downfall of this country for themselves. I think once or if the U.S. get to how Venezuela ended up THEN people will start to see it. It's only 2023, America isn't going to remain a "super power" for very long... Too many cucks, a woke military, too much LBGTQ shit, too much transgenderism, white guilt, and blacks certainly could care less either, and all the old farts clinging on to their first amendment rights still believe Trump is GOD and is going to save America. All Trump voters believe this guy is the greatest man that ever lived, so they put all this faith into this guy when he couldn't even prevent the people of Jan 6 from being arrested, and even did some shady stuff to prove he's part of the problem The only difference between him and the Dems is that the Dems is honest about proving the U.S. isn't this free country, they want you to see exactly what this nation really is. And I don't think they ever preached America being this great nation either, they don't have to sell that lie to get people to come here. Instead they just promise to give them stuff they don't have.
You think that orange buffoon, Trump, will save America? Not in a million years. No matter who becomes president, the U.S system is broken and corrupt and FUBAR. No one knows who exactly pulls the puppet strings in this country, maybe the Jewish Banker elites or the Illuminati? Your guess is good as mine.

Sadly America is still standing and surviving on debt and petrol dollars. It has very little manufacturing capabilities and most of the economy is run on debt, speculations, the service sectors and high finance. America doesn't make anything anymore even toilet paper.
The American Dream marketing and PR is still going strong. All the people from the third world and even in East Asian countries are still buying into the marketing.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

January 1st, 2023, 4:55 pm
January 1st, 2023, 2:43 pm
Yohan wrote:

You think that orange buffoon, Trump, will save America? Not in a million years. No matter who becomes president, the U.S system is broken and corrupt and FUBAR. No one knows who exactly pulls the puppet strings in this country, maybe the Jewish Banker elites or the Illuminati? Your guess is good as mine.

Sadly America is still standing and surviving on debt and petrol dollars. It has very little manufacturing capabilities and most of the economy is run on debt, speculations, the service sectors and high finance. America doesn't make anything anymore even toilet paper.
The American Dream marketing and PR is still going strong. All the people from the third world and even in East Asian countries are still buying into the marketing.
I never said that Trump was going to Save America, I said that's what his voters believe. If you were to look at the articles on that website AmericanThinker, they literately think the man is GOD or was sent by GOD.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 4th, 2023, 4:01 am
I'm no fan of America by any measure but at least in America you can still Tweet "mean things" and the worst thing that could happen is getting your account banned by some feminist cunts. If you say the wrong thing in China, you're dead. You will legit end up in a concentration camp for it. That does not make America "the most free nation in the world", not by a long shot. But at least you can still freely shit-talk the government. Try doing that in Russia or China and see how long you last. :lol:
The OP using Russia isn’t a good example. You have a hell of a lot more freedom in the US. It goes way deeper than having freedom of speech. I’ve been pulled over three times by police and twice I’ve been forced to pay a bribe. If you want to be fast tracked through the medical system you’ll need to pay a bribe. If you want to build a house or start a business in a respectable amount of time or face being bogged down in red tape then you need pay a bribe. Want to get a job in customs or as a port worker, then you are owned by the mafia. If you own your own business, then you may be a victim of state or mafia racketeering. The state corruption investigators can easily have you locked away, if you don’t pay a bribe. Denounciations still occur like they did under Stalin. Everything is infiltrated by state or criminal corruption, all wanting your hard earned cash to keep you repressed. How would you feel if you worked hard all your life to set up a comfortable nest egg, only to have it taxed again 5 years into your retirement as a one off money grab by the state? This happened to my GF ‘s parents and millions off others a few years ago.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Russia and it’s people, but freedom is a pure illusion compared to western countries like the US..... and yes I have lived in Russia in a commy block with real Russian neighbors not just visiting as a tourist in a hotel. When you’re accepted into their inner circle, you start to understand how lucky we are when it comes to freedom, even in the US.