Reverse Culture Shock & Do you feel like a stranger in your own country?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Reverse Culture Shock & Do you feel like a stranger in your own country?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Just curious,

Do you guys feel like an alien or a stranger in your own country? Do you feel like a social outcast in your own country?
Do you experience reverse culture shock when you lived abroad and came back to America or any other countries?

I am in the fringe of American society anyway since Asian Americans are pretty much invisible to American women and in public in general. American women sucks anyway and its difficult to make friends here so I don't really care.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Reverse Culture Shock & Do you feel like a stranger in your own country?

Post by Lucas88 »

I absolutely do.

I've always felt like a foreigner in my own country and was never particularly well-integrated into British society. I don't like the culture, language, aesthetics or even the people. British people seem like an alien race to me. I don't connect with them at all.

Whenever I come back from Spain or Latin America, I find this place extremely alien. I become melancholic and anxious and my soul feels like it is being oppressed.

I remember when I had just arrived at Manchester Airport and was taking the train to my hometown. I was seated with my luggage in a carriage full of British people and I found everything about them so foreign. Even the sound of their language was agitating me. I had been used to speaking and hearing the beautiful Romance language of Spanish for months and then all of a sudden I was being exposed to the ugly dissonant Germanic language of (Northern) British English and it was producing strong feelings of revulsion.

I remember having to speak English for the first time in months when I bought the train ticket. The words that came out of my mouth felt so ugly and foreign as I struggled to articulate them. I was still thinking in Spanish. My soul felt dirty as I uttered a few words in the bizarre non-Romance tongue.

Then, after switching from one train to another, I once again listened to the conversations of the British passengers around me. I noticed that the people mostly talked nonsense. The level of conversation was much lower than that of the typical Spaniard. British people are for the most part cretinous barbarians without culture.

Once the train set off, I looked outside the window and saw the depressing grey concrete dystopia that the British call "city". I just became completely miserable and longed to be back in Valencia with its beautiful soulful architecture. Then I started to lose myself in more metaphysical thoughts. Why did I have to be born in this country and as part of this people? Why was fate so cruel to me? I don't belong here! I can't stand this barbarian race! I'm a Mediterranean soul! I shouldn't be here! I hate the circumstances of my life! Why on Earth did I incarnate in this godforsaken country? The UK actually makes me lose my mind at times.

Finally, I got off the train in my hometown and proceeded to make my way through the snow with my suitcase and bag. The temperature was freezing and my body couldn't hack it. I was once again overcome with misery as I remembered that just a few hours earlier I was in a still relatively warm Mediterranean environment with a beautiful beach just three streets away from where I was staying and a constant feeling of being enveloped by cosmic love and a profound sense of wellbeing.

Needless to say, it always takes a while for me to adjust to the UK. I go through at least a few weeks of full-blown culture shock.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Lucas88

Yes I can just imagine. There was this Spanish football player, I don't know his name, training in Manchester, UK and he said it was a complete grey hellhole like you have described and Manchester was full of chavs. I never been to England, but what your describing is similar to my experience in the U.S. I have lived in the suburbs when I was in School. Every suburb is copy and paste version and had the similar cookie cutter architecture like this below

Boxes Boxes Boxes everywhere. Once you been to U.S suburb, you have seen it all.
Do you feel inspired? :D
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 26th, 2023, 11:43 am
@Lucas88

Yes I can just imagine. There was this Spanish football player, I don't know his name, training in Manchester, UK and he said it was a complete grey hellhole like you have described and Manchester was full of chavs. I never been to England, but what your describing is similar to my experience in the U.S. I have lived in the suburbs when I was in School. Every suburb is copy and paste version and had the similar cookie cutter architecture like this below

Boxes Boxes Boxes everywhere. Once you been to U.S suburb, you have seen it all.
Do you feel inspired? :D
Everywhere in the US. We're a nation of clones!!! Clones! Attack of the CLONES!!!
Favorite Cornfed quote: "Here's another one to reassure you lemmings that the ongoing humiliation ritual that is your ratshit life will soon be coming to an end."

Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

kangarunner wrote:
January 26th, 2023, 12:32 pm
Everywhere in the US. We're a nation of clones!!! Clones! Attack of the CLONES!!!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Unleash the clones!!! :D
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

Dude, I am a white american and america is a total culture shock to me almost on a daily basis. Idk why....perhaps because I am italian from my mother or french from my father? I think there is a genetic component to this. The place is very cold and drab where I am. The people are largely the same way. You really cannot connect here with most other people.

I have never connected with american white women. They are just beyond my ability to fathom. Now, I see lots of young women who go out and stare at their phones and won't even try to connect with anyone. Then they complain about it online....bizarre. I have met women and tried to have a conversation with them only to get "iced out" in person, but they will have long conversations with me via text.

I feel like a stranger a lot of times. Sometimes, it is like I am just an observer and unable to connect into the game everyone else is playing. The amount of people that I want to talk to or hang out with is really small. When you add in the insane vaccine and virus hysteria that almost everyone fell for I feel entirely absurd when compared to these people. I wasn't scared at all and never took the shot. Everyone else in my workplace ran out to take it....so again I feel like the odd man stranger here.

Now, that I am in my 30s I feel even more disconnected from people because I am not young anymore, but not old either. It is a weird feeling. I don't even bother wanting to date even though I would like to I realize it is largely a complete waste of time. I had an older 35 year old woman desperately trying to get with me, but I just ignored her....at this point I don't see the point....she is already been with many guys and failed to secure a relationship or children.....wore the mask and took the shot....so what is the point?

Looking out at the situation it really feels quite hopeless here in America. Years ago, when I was 19 I went to Costa Rica for a month and enjoyed the trip. I almost cried when I had to come back to the US. The scene in the US was totally different. The general disposition of people in Costa Rica was generally friendly or at least neutral. You could talk to women and it was no big deal. They knew why you were talking to them. Here in the US, I have been called a creep a bunch of times just for talking to women....the difference is night/day.

America really is a screwed up place. People addicted to social media stupidity. Have little conversational skills. Obey government authorities that don't care about them. Wear masks and take poison shots. The women are obese and brainwashed with feminism. Many women have had so many dicks that they will never be loyal or capable of having a healthy relationship. Truly a hellscape.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

OutcastedPhilosopher wrote:
January 26th, 2023, 1:55 pm
Dude, I am a white american and america is a total culture shock to me almost on a daily basis. Idk why....perhaps because I am italian from my mother or french from my father? I think there is a genetic component to this. The place is very cold and drab where I am. The people are largely the same way. You really cannot connect here with most other people.

I have never connected with american white women. They are just beyond my ability to fathom. Now, I see lots of young women who go out and stare at their phones and won't even try to connect with anyone. Then they complain about it online....bizarre. I have met women and tried to have a conversation with them only to get "iced out" in person, but they will have long conversations with me via text.

I feel like a stranger a lot of times. Sometimes, it is like I am just an observer and unable to connect into the game everyone else is playing. The amount of people that I want to talk to or hang out with is really small. When you add in the insane vaccine and virus hysteria that almost everyone fell for I feel entirely absurd when compared to these people. I wasn't scared at all and never took the shot. Everyone else in my workplace ran out to take it....so again I feel like the odd man stranger here.

Now, that I am in my 30s I feel even more disconnected from people because I am not young anymore, but not old either. It is a weird feeling. I don't even bother wanting to date even though I would like to I realize it is largely a complete waste of time. I had an older 35 year old woman desperately trying to get with me, but I just ignored her....at this point I don't see the point....she is already been with many guys and failed to secure a relationship or children.....wore the mask and took the shot....so what is the point?

Looking out at the situation it really feels quite hopeless here in America. Years ago, when I was 19 I went to Costa Rica for a month and enjoyed the trip. I almost cried when I had to come back to the US. The scene in the US was totally different. The general disposition of people in Costa Rica was generally friendly or at least neutral. You could talk to women and it was no big deal. They knew why you were talking to them. Here in the US, I have been called a creep a bunch of times just for talking to women....the difference is night/day.

America really is a screwed up place. People addicted to social media stupidity. Have little conversational skills. Obey government authorities that don't care about them. Wear masks and take poison shots. The women are obese and brainwashed with feminism. Many women have had so many dicks that they will never be loyal or capable of having a healthy relationship. Truly a hellscape.
I am in my 30's too. It feels like I am stuck in a purgatory right now.

Yes.. every time I go back to the U.S from South Korea, I really dread the TSA agents and the all grayed out airport from the 1970's, you know, La Guardia Airport? They make people stand in big lines, ordering you around and treating you like a criminal. It feels like a third world country. South Korea is bad, but at least they don't have those minimum wage A$$holes wearing tacky blue uniforms treating you like a terrorist.

When I was in High school, some people told me I was "socially awkward" or I needed to "socialize more". I really did tried my hardest to make friends but they all block me out with their thick ice wall. They excluded me from all the cool things like parties, hangouts and nobody asked me out on the prom. I though something was wrong with me but later on I realized that they are the ones who were "socially retarded" and have a mindset of a 12 year old even they are in a teenager's body. I hated high school. University years were same for me. I went to state school and everybody was gone on the weekends because they were commuters. Still the same clique structure. This time by race. Indians with Indians, Koreans with Koreans, Chinese with Chinese, Whites with whites, blacks with blacks, Latinos with Latinos, etc.

At work, I don't really socialize with anyone because they are all the cold autistic robots anyway. Talking about stupid sh*t like Games of Thrones, Facebook, and Fantasy Football, etc.

I can understand why people like Choi Seung Hui, the V-tech shooter, did what he did. Even though it's wrong to kill people, he must've suffered a lot from the repressive cold desolate environment that is America.

So that's my American Dream for you. The Jew elites certainly did nice job with their "American Dream" Marketing Campaign to lure all the smart foreigners into their Venus fly trap. Well played.
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Yes, the airports are the worst. I had to go in the full body scanner and get x-rayed. I will never forget that.

I see why guys lose it and just lash out also. Imagine, you have no hope for a wife and kids so what is the point? Many guys get made fun of and feel completely inadequate. How many of these guys were made fun of and publicly humiliated? I can imagine the outrage, but it really isn't right to shoot up the joint and kill innocent people. Although, I get where they are coming from.

I think a lot of foreigners do get lured into the false American dream. They get here and the disconnect between the dream sold and reality is quite stark. This creates a lot of mental instability. These guys then lash out. Not to mention if they get doped up on SSRI meds or other pharma products that warp the mind.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@OutcastedPhilosopher

Oh no.. I do not condone mass murder, but I get where his coming from.
The yellow tribe which is Asian Americans are mostly invisible to the public eye. There are five tribes of America which is White, Yellow, Black, Brown, Red(Native Americans).

America is a nice Venus Fly Trap for Foreigners. Foreigners still believe America is a land of opportunities. My Korean relatives is still dying to come and live in the states! Despite all it's problems!

Guys do lash out. It seems that American society doesn't give a sh*t about men. It's always about women and minorities.
Pay to play is illegal, all the education system is feminized and run by female teachers, universities tout that 60% of the women graduate while 40% of men graduate in their institutions, companies prioritize in hiring women and unqualified minorities instead of men via their HR department, women can do false rape accusation and the men goes to jail, etc. There are also hundreds of empowerment programs for women and minorities, but none for men in general. You see it every where... in the media, men are portrayed as Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin character, and women are praised for having high body counts in media and movies.. They call them liberated, empowered women. I call them whores. Divorce court always side with the women 100% and what ever women said holds more weight than man's words. it's total madness! It's a mental alyssum run by the insane!
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

January 26th, 2023, 3:18 pm
@OutcastedPhilosopher

Oh no.. I do not condone mass murder, but I get where his coming from.
The yellow tribe which is Asian Americans are mostly invisible to the public eye. There are five tribes of America which is White, Yellow, Black, Brown, Red(Native Americans).

America is a nice Venus Fly Trap for Foreigners. Foreigners still believe America is a land of opportunities. My Korean relatives is still dying to come and live in the states! Despite all it's problems!

Guys do lash out. It seems that American society doesn't give a sh*t about men. It's always about women and minorities.
Pay to play is illegal, all the education system is feminized and run by female teachers, universities tout that 60% of the women graduate while 40% of men graduate in their institutions, companies prioritize in hiring women and unqualified minorities instead of men via their HR department, women can do false rape accusation and the men goes to jail, etc. There are also hundreds of empowerment programs for women and minorities, but none for men in general. You see it every where... in the media, men are portrayed as Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin character, and women are praised for having high body counts in media and movies.. They call them liberated, empowered women. I call them whores.

Granted that the Asians doesn't get any special concessions from American society. All the Ivy league universities do affirmative action for blacks and brown people but not for Asians and white people.
Well, I completely agree with everything you said. Once you are able to grasp the entirety of the situation then you realize just how screwed up everything is and people wonder why America is screwed up. I think the best thing that a person could do is to tell Foreigners NOT to come to America. LOL....the funny thing is people will call that person racist no matter the reasoning for why they are telling foreigners not to come. The average american has been brainwashed with "racial" programming from an early age. The whole world is upside down and inside out.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@OutcastedPhilosopher

Sadly foreigners still come to America thinking it's a land of milk and honey despite all the warnings. They will soon realize that's not true.
Their life will be like the Movie "American Beauty" starting Kevin Spacy. All sterilized and joyless. It's a good movie. They will end up getting F*cked up or going back to their homeland..
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

If I remember correctly, Argentinian soccer player Carlos Tevez also really disliked the UK too. I imagine that the UK would feel completely alien to a Latino or Mediterranean immigrant. Most wouldn't be able to cope with the unpleasant climate, the gloomy sky, the drab dystopian architecture, or the cold and unsociable people. In fact, I don't need to imagine. I used to know an Ecuadorian woman who went to London for work and then came back to Spain after just one month. She said that the country was so cold and depressing and that the people were just unfriendly and horrible. She couldn't take it anymore. I feel exactly the same way as a native here. The country just doesn't agree with my spiritual constitution. I feel much more at home in warm-blooded and soulful Latin cultures.

US cities don't look particularly nice but I think that they're still a little nicer than UK cities. I've checked out some US cities on Google Maps with the street view function and they seem a little more vibrant and more palatable than the likes of London, Manchester, Leeds, etc. I think that the UK's overall aesthetic is extremely grimy and ugly in comparison to most other places. Ugliness just seems to be a core quality of the British national soul. British people as a whole don't seem to give much value to beauty, only utility, and that shows in almost everything they build. So public buildings and housing usually look quite drab here. Even the energy or "vibe" here is ugly. I feel it as soon as I arrive at the airport. I get off the plane and immediately I perceive a really dense, dark, low-vibrational and "reptilian" energy which plunges everybody in negative thoughts and behaviors and creates a collective mental landscape of melancholy and despair.

I believe that the US is worse than the UK from a material and governmental perspective (the US seems draconian as hell) but the UK is even worse than the US in terms of its aesthetic qualities.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
January 26th, 2023, 5:50 pm
If I remember correctly, Argentinian soccer player Carlos Tevez also really disliked the UK too. I imagine that the UK would feel completely alien to a Latino or Mediterranean immigrant. Most wouldn't be able to cope with the unpleasant climate, the gloomy sky, the drab dystopian architecture, or the cold and unsociable people. In fact, I don't need to imagine. I used to know an Ecuadorian woman who went to London for work and then came back to Spain after just one month. She said that the country was so cold and depressing and that the people were just unfriendly and horrible. She couldn't take it anymore. I feel exactly the same way as a native here. The country just doesn't agree with my spiritual constitution. I feel much more at home in warm-blooded and soulful Latin cultures.

US cities don't look particularly nice but I think that they're still a little nicer than UK cities. I've checked out some US cities on Google Maps with the street view function and they seem a little more vibrant and more palatable than the likes of London, Manchester, Leeds, etc. I think that the UK's overall aesthetic is extremely grimy and ugly in comparison to most other places. Ugliness just seems to be a core quality of the British national soul. British people as a whole don't seem to give much value to beauty, only utility, and that shows in almost everything they build. So public buildings and housing usually look quite drab here. Even the energy or "vibe" here is ugly. I feel it as soon as I arrive at the airport. I get off the plane and immediately I perceive a really dense, dark, low-vibrational and "reptilian" energy which plunges everybody in negative thoughts and behaviors and creates a collective mental landscape of melancholy and despair.

I believe that the US is worse than the UK from a material and governmental perspective (the US seems draconian as hell) but the UK is even worse than the US in terms of its aesthetic qualities.
At least UK has universal healthcare even though it's declining in quality. U.S healthcare is just super expensive and medieval madness.
Trust me.. the US architecture is just as bland and cookie cutter as UK's architecture. Everything is either black, gray, brown, tan, red rectangular glass, brick & steel framed boxes! Americans only care about utility rather than beauty. I believe Winston Wu covered this topic comparing U.S suburban Architecture with those in Poland and other European countries. The U.S is not to far behind being reptilian and dystopian as the ones in the UK. After all the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

It's funny, the British people I met were much more caring and intelligent than the Americans. I guess they are the exception because
they all worked in Morgan Stanley, Barclays, and Wall Street in America either a bankers or programmers.

However, I have no plans to live in the UK anyway based on what you and others are saying about the UK. Rather live some where else.
I also have some latin soul. I feel that I was born in the wrong country which is South Korea. They are just as bad as the UK and America.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Lucas88 wrote:
January 26th, 2023, 11:24 am
I absolutely do.

I've always felt like a foreigner in my own country and was never particularly well-integrated into British society. I don't like the culture, language, aesthetics or even the people. British people seem like an alien race to me. I don't connect with them at all.

Whenever I come back from Spain or Latin America, I find this place extremely alien. I become melancholic and anxious and my soul feels like it is being oppressed.

I remember when I had just arrived at Manchester Airport and was taking the train to my hometown. I was seated with my luggage in a carriage full of British people and I found everything about them so foreign. Even the sound of their language was agitating me. I had been used to speaking and hearing the beautiful Romance language of Spanish for months and then all of a sudden I was being exposed to the ugly dissonant Germanic language of (Northern) British English and it was producing strong feelings of revulsion.

I remember having to speak English for the first time in months when I bought the train ticket. The words that came out of my mouth felt so ugly and foreign as I struggled to articulate them. I was still thinking in Spanish. My soul felt dirty as I uttered a few words in the bizarre non-Romance tongue.

Then, after switching from one train to another, I once again listened to the conversations of the British passengers around me. I noticed that the people mostly talked nonsense. The level of conversation was much lower than that of the typical Spaniard. British people are for the most part cretinous barbarians without culture.

Once the train set off, I looked outside the window and saw the depressing grey concrete dystopia that the British call "city". I just became completely miserable and longed to be back in Valencia with its beautiful soulful architecture. Then I started to lose myself in more metaphysical thoughts. Why did I have to be born in this country and as part of this people? Why was fate so cruel to me? I don't belong here! I can't stand this barbarian race! I'm a Mediterranean soul! I shouldn't be here! I hate the circumstances of my life! Why on Earth did I incarnate in this godforsaken country? The UK actually makes me lose my mind at times.

Finally, I got off the train in my hometown and proceeded to make my way through the snow with my suitcase and bag. The temperature was freezing and my body couldn't hack it. I was once again overcome with misery as I remembered that just a few hours earlier I was in a still relatively warm Mediterranean environment with a beautiful beach just three streets away from where I was staying and a constant feeling of being enveloped by cosmic love and a profound sense of wellbeing.

Needless to say, it always takes a while for me to adjust to the UK. I go through at least a few weeks of full-blown culture shock.
I really like your writing style, if you wrote a book I would buy it. There really are angels and one lives in the UK, I listen to Lucy Thomas and watch here video's, she makes me believe God is female.. The UK can't be all bad and she is proof of that!
Time to Hide!