Why do immigrants come to America if there's no happiness, freedom, social connection, romance, or real friendship?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Why do immigrants come to America if there's no happiness, freedom, social connection, romance, or real friendship?

Post by Winston »

Why do immigrants come to America if there's no happiness, freedom, social connection, romance, or real friendship? I've been wondering about this for a long time. Because it doesn't make sense if you think about it. So I made a video rant about it below with my deep thoughts and musings. I postulate that those that come to America are super practical and seeking opportunities to make money and buy a house and start a profitable business or career. They are not looking for the things that we are. Here is my video talk about it below. Let me know what you think.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Why do immigrants come to America if there's no happiness, freedom, social connection, romance, or real friendship?

Post by Lucas88 »

I've given this topic some thought before.

The countries of the geographical north are generally materially wealthy and prosperous and provide better opportunities for economic advancement but are at the same time socially and culturally poor and full of alienation.

The geographic south on the other hand is generally socially and culturally vibrant and provides good opportunities for a fulfilling social life and relationships but are at the same time less economically developed and often have high levels of unemployment and poverty.

In most cases the immigrants who come to the US and other economically powerful countries like the UK and Germany are simply in search of economic opportunities and material wealth. In a way, they're living their own Happier Abroad experience, the only difference is that they are doing it the opposite way around to how we do it. We make money in the US, UK, etc. and then relocate to a much cheaper region with greater opportunities for social life and relationships while they come here to make more money than they ever could in their own countries and at the same time bring their own vibrant culture with them.

Have you noticed how many immigrants don't even attempt to integrate into US society and instead form their own exclusive communities with their own kind? They're not here for American culture or its "social life". They just want to obtain money and material comfort while continuing to enjoy a vibrant social life with their own kind in their Little Mexico, Little Guatemala, Little Honduras or whatever.

Some other immigrants might come from countries that are small and insignificant and don't have much going on for them. For those immigrants the US might seem like a vibrant utopia in comparison. I knew a guy who grew up in Lithuania during the 90s just after the fall of communism. He absolutely hated his own country and loved everything about the US. Back then Lithuania was a rather bland country with little cultural development and a whole lot of melancholy and pessimism. I imagine that when he got to the US that guy will have been totally dazzled by the bright lights, bustling cities, extravagance, and glitz and glamour of American life.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Why do immigrants come to America if there's no happiness, freedom, social connection, romance, or real friendship?

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Lucas88 wrote:
February 18th, 2023, 10:37 pm
I've given this topic some thought before.

The countries of the geographical north are generally materially wealthy and prosperous and provide better opportunities for economic advancement but are at the same time socially and culturally poor and full of alienation.

The geographic south on the other hand is generally socially and culturally vibrant and provides good opportunities for a fulfilling social life and relationships but are at the same time less economically developed and often have high levels of unemployment and poverty.

In most cases the immigrants who come to the US and other economically powerful countries like the UK and Germany are simply in search of economic opportunities and material wealth. In a way, they're living their own Happier Abroad experience, the only difference is that they are doing it the opposite way around to how we do it. We make money in the US, UK, etc. and then relocate to a much cheaper region with greater opportunities for social life and relationships while they come here to make more money than they ever could in their own countries and at the same time bring their own vibrant culture with them.

Have you noticed how many immigrants don't even attempt to integrate into US society and instead form their own exclusive communities with their own kind? They're not here for American culture or its "social life". They just want to obtain money and material comfort while continuing to enjoy a vibrant social life with their own kind in their Little Mexico, Little Guatemala, Little Honduras or whatever.

Some other immigrants might come from countries that are small and insignificant and don't have much going on for them. For those immigrants the US might seem like a vibrant utopia in comparison. I knew a guy who grew up in Lithuania during the 90s just after the fall of communism. He absolutely hated his own country and loved everything about the US. Back then Lithuania was a rather bland country with little cultural development and a whole lot of melancholy and pessimism. I imagine that when he got to the US that guy will have been totally dazzled by the bright lights, bustling cities, extravagance, and glitz and glamour of American life.
And that's what I hate about America, immigrants come here and still act like they are in their own country. Yet it's the white people who are the ones behaving like dipshit dumbfucks acting like they have to bend over backwards for immigrants, make everyone else be tolerant and accepting of them, meanwhile the immigrants don't have to follow any rules or abide by any of that "diversity" shit either. If they want to just hire people of the same race as themselves they do that and discrimination laws completely go right out the window.

But if I want to make a white manager suffer for denying me a job, I could ruin the persons life. But an immigrant is 100% immune to it. In California you get told on some apps "Must speak Spanish." Talk about taking over. Trust me, I got discriminated against a lot by immigrants just because they knew they were able to get away with it. The white people would never do this due to their fears of being called out.Yet and still they are the only ones who get called racist the most when it's immigrants who will always choose their own 100% of the damn time and violate laws because the GOV is using them to replace everyone else.

I don't know why white people fall for that diversity bullshit. No one else in America tries to make everyone accept one another other than white people when they fail to do this, they simply blame their own race for it when clearly people don't give a f**k about mixing in with everyone, they still want to be around their own people. The thing is if I moved to another country I'm not bringing America with me. f**k America.
It's only paradise for immigrants because the GOV makes it seem that way for them while they constantly make the locals lives harder. To be fair I really don't want to live around a bunch of immigrants anyway, these people don't benefit me in any way shape or form by flooding into the country. If I could I'd move to a country with far less immigration. White countries are being converted into mixed arenas full of people that simply don't respect those nations, and then changing them to look more like the countries these immigrants fled from. If I moved to Italy then I clearly want to be around Italians or living in a country that feels like Italy, not Italy filled with Islamic mfers everywhere.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
February 18th, 2023, 10:43 pm
White countries are being converted into mixed arenas full of people that simply don't respect those nations, and then changing them to look more like the countries these immigrants fled from. If I moved to Italy then I clearly want to be around Italians or living in a country that feels like Italy, not Italy filled with Islamic mfers everywhere.
I think that at this point America is a non-nation full of different disconnected groups in pursuit of only their own self-interest. More specifically, America is a corporation in which business prevails above all and most people exist only to sell their labor and make the elites rich. There is no greater community or culture that unites the people as one, only fragmented groups in opposition to one another and resulting hostility, atomized cynics who distrust all others and pursue only gold and social status within a ruthless and unforgiving rat race. There's no real nation into which to integrate. It's already too fragmented and that is by design.

I agree with your perspective on immigration. Whenever I'm in Spain or Latin America or wherever, I always seek to integrate into that country, live among the people, speak the language and adopt the customs. I don't want to change those countries. I want Spain to remain Spain, Italy to remain Italy, Mexico to remain Mexico, Colombia to remain Colombia, etc. That's true diversity, a diversity of strong cultures with their own national identities and traditions intact, not the false diversity of multiculturalism which the subversive "progressives" are peddling and which only serves to fragment and destroy nations from within, turning them into rootless non-nations.

Latin American countries also received much immigration (primarily European) following their independence from Spain and Portugal. But things were done different to how they are done in America. Full integration was the norm. Many Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians, Germans, Swiss, Croatians, etc. immigrated to countries like Chile, Argentina and Brazil since they were needed for their knowledge of farming and their labor but within a generation their descendants were no longer Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians, Germans, etc. but rather Chileans, Argentinians or Brazilians. In many cases they spoke nothing but the language of the new country and thereby underwent complete integration. Even Japanese Brazilians and Peruvians tend to speak nothing but Portuguese or Spanish respectively and live just like any other Brazilian or Peruvian.

In Latin America different populations mixed together to varying degrees and so it was easier to bring everybody together and created a more or less unified national identity. But the US isn't like that. In the US, radically different and mutually incompatible people groups and cultures are made to coexist side by side. That simply doesn't work. It's a recipe for disaster. Indeed, the Jews are taking advantage of this unfavorable situation. They're intentionally exacerbating existing racial tensions through their dumb foot soldier groups like BLM and Antifa in order to create further strife and social chaos as we speak.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But why do immigrants in America clam up into their cliques and ignore outsiders and strangers? They aren't as social as in their own country. They become more closed in America. Do they do that in the UK too?

Btw check out the comments below my video above. There's been a lot of interesting feedback from my subscribers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Winston wrote:
February 19th, 2023, 12:11 am
But why do immigrants in America clam up into their cliques and ignore outsiders and strangers? They aren't as social as in their own country. They become more closed in America. Do they do that in the UK too?
Probably because in America those immigrants are now a minority group in direct competition against other groups in order to get ahead. The competitive environment and their newfound minority status could trigger a more tribalistic attitude.

In the UK some immigrant communities are quite cliquish too. Polish immigrants come to work in factories and warehouses and send the money that they earn to Poland but they hang around only with other Polish people for the most part and sometimes don't even bother to learn English. They didn't come for the culture or social life. The culture and social life here leave a lot to be desired. They're only hear for the economic opportunities and better pay. Lol!

But I'm sure that if you learned Polish they would open up to you and accept you into their friendship groups.

Just out of curiosity, what are the Mexican and other Hispanic immigrants like in America? Do they open up to you and become friendlier if you speak to them in Spanish?

Curiously, there are many Latin American immigrants in Spain too but they have always been perfectly friendly with me. I guess that the lack of a language barrier between the immigrant community and the host country makes integration much easier. Or maybe it's simply because Spanish culture is less cut-throat and competitive.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Lucas88

Most Spanish people in America are friendly. I heard some are criminals that are in a Latino Gang. Fortunately, I haven't encountered such people yet.. The ones I hang out with in the East Coast are Guatemalans, Venezuelans and Colombians. There are some Mexicans in mix too. Each have a stereotype such as the Guatemalans are hard workers, short, and stocky, The Venezuelans are friendly and clever people, the Colombians are hot tempered, have big butts, love to party and have sex all the time, and the Mexicans like to talk too much and loud mouthed.

Whatever countries they are from, the Spanish town feels more alive, vibrant, and colorful than any Korean town or Chinese town. And the food is pretty good too. People that say Korean Food is healthy is sadly mistaken.. All countries food have their healthy and unhealthy counterparts.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out what this dissident said under my video about immigrants coming to America. He claims America is better than other countries. Is he crazy or delusional? I put my comments under his below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Fg2LbleFU

Dennis Thomas • 14 hours ago (edited)
As the child of immigrants from a Third World country, I can tell you that America is a place with lots of opportunities to make a better man or woman of oneself. It is quite competitive, and happiness is not guaranteed (only its pursuit!), but most other countries are socially stagnant and financially strapped in comparison.

I visited my parents' home country and had zero interest in staying in what former President Trump crudely (but accurately) described as a "shithole".

As for the alleged social problems, well you do have to work at it and evolve, but I would say that any lifestyle one wants can be found somewhere in America if you chose to look. Moving is easy---the price of a bus ticket---and access to vastly different states mere hours away. And America is more accepting of minorities than many other cultures---on average. I'd rather be here than say China.

I don't really get your intense negativity---although I think that you are a smart and articulate guy.

Happier Abroad: Escape USA & Date Foreign Women!
• 10 hours ago
I've been to China. I felt freer there than America. I have a list of 36 reasons why in my forum, and a 3 hour podcast about it on my channel if you wanna hear it. China is NOT what the US media tells you at all. Far from it!

• 10 hours ago
I worked at it for 20 years. No real result. Only by going to Russia in 2002 did I find a dating and social paradise and cured myself of social anxiety. It was priceless. See the bio on my website at www.happierabroad.com and the photo collages too. You are spouting cliches that I tried in the 1990s which never worked. Always frustrated and unhappy because in America everything is against you.

• 23 minutes ago
Where are you from exactly? Care to say? So are you saying that America is for everyone and that everyone ought to fit into America? Isn't that narrow? Did you consider the fact that 99 percent of the comments here AGREE with me and resonate with what I said? How do you explain that? Are we all losers? Maybe it's your destiny to be happy in America, but it's not ours. Also how do you explain the fact that when you go out in America, most people look miserable, grouchy and dissatisfied? Yet in the Philippines people look warm and happy and relaxed and go with the flow and have a Zen like harmony with everything around them??? How do you explain that? What do you mean "socially stagnant"? In Russia I found a girlfriend on my 2nd day there. That would be impossible in America. See my Russia videos in St. Petersburg and you will see what i mean. Specifically see "Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind - Part 1".

Dennis Thomas • 7 hours ago (edited)
I know people who play sports, go dancing, smoke pot, read books, go hiking---what are these people missing out on, in your opinion? People do poetry slams, join book clubs. Gay people have clubs, etc. None of them are 'free'? Millionaire athletes aren't 'free'? Sexual swingers aren't free? Computer hackers aren't free? I came from a nowhere country, got accepted to a great college, met rich people, had a blast. Amerikka even loaned me the money for school! Those cruel bastards :P

Perhaps your social anxiety is fueling what I feel that is a rant based upon personal issues.
Perhaps America IS free, but the freedom means some responsibility for your outcome?
Another issue is that you are very one-way in that you want many things from America, but don't want to contribute. And have no patriotism or loyalty. I am grateful for this country and the great opportunities it provided me. And all of the chicks I banged when I was younger :P

• 18 minutes ago
So what? You do all those things anywhere in any country, even in China. What's so special about those ordinary activities? I know tons of people who are miserable and repressed and bored at home too. So what? You can find exceptions to every general rule. Tell me even ONE example of how America is freer than other countries. Just ONE. I keep asking but no one has any real examples that matter. America loaned you money for school? Aren't you in debt for life now?

• 18 minutes ago
Where are you from exactly? Care to say? So are you saying that America is for everyone and that everyone ought to fit into America? Isn't that narrow? Did you consider the fact that 99 percent of the comments here AGREE with me and resonate with what I said? How do you explain that? Are we all losers? Maybe it's your destiny to be happy in America, but it's not ours. Also how do you explain the fact that when you go out in America, most people look miserable, grouchy and dissatisfied? Yet in the Philippines people look warm and happy and relaxed and go with the flow and have a Zen like harmony with everything around them??? How do you explain that? What do you mean "socially stagnant"? In Russia I found a girlfriend on my 2nd day there. That would be impossible in America. See my Russia videos in St. Petersburg and you will see what i mean. Specifically see "Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind - Part 1".

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Winston

I think this Dennis Thomas guy is delusional. I don't know which third world country he is from.. but America no wonder land.
Everything in America is regressing downwards. Way worst than in 2012 when I first discovered Happierabroad.com.

I live in the East Coast and even people around me are mostly miserable with over 10k in debt, a family to take care of, expensive rent and cost of living, no work life balance, etc. Nobody is singing the American Dream tune anymore. Sh*t really slid downhill worst than 2012. No body is sane anymore and the system is F*cked up. America is the Third World. Look at all the ghettos in Detroit, Chicago areas, New Jersey Camden, etc. You would think the entire place has been hit by a nuclear bomb..

And I got news for you.. the rest of the world is catching up and has been caught up with America in development. This isn't the end of World War 2 where everywhere except America is demolished. Europe and Asia has all the amenities and services America has with better healthcare and infrastructure. America is no longer the beacon of civilization anymore. Instead America is barbaric and going backwards in development.
peregrino
Freshman Poster

Post by peregrino »

That Dennis guy sounds like a California tech bro or VC investor type.

I completely agree with what Reality Check wrote:
What I find is, regardless if liberal or conservative; Americans who never travelled don't like talking about other countries. Like it's against the law to talk about them.
"Like it's against the law", I couldn't say it better. It brings out this weird afraid and upset vibe in people, like you're talking about something illegal. Is there any other country in the world like that? Maybe North Korea?
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Winston wrote:
February 18th, 2023, 10:01 pm
Why do immigrants come to America if there's no happiness, freedom, social connection, romance, or real friendship? I've been wondering about this for a long time. Because it doesn't make sense if you think about it. So I made a video rant about it below with my deep thoughts and musings. I postulate that those that come to America are super practical and seeking opportunities to make money and buy a house and start a profitable business or career. They are not looking for the things that we are. Here is my video talk about it below. Let me know what you think.

Immigrants are so foolish coming to America. They are trading a happy social life for a boot camp live-to-work life.

That's right, I forgot, because Americans hate when word spreads worldwide that there is no social atmosphere in the USA and that all interactions are strictly business only. And how long do you reckon before America passes new laws stating that any man who complains about the lack of a social atmosphere in the USA gets immediately publicly executed for treason in front of a crowd of women, as they do in North Korea?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Welcome to USSA(United Socialist States of America) number # 316 million 521,231! :lol:
All your joy are belong to us!

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Mercury wrote:
February 22nd, 2023, 11:44 am
Winston wrote:

Immigrants are so foolish coming to America. They are trading a happy social life for a boot camp live-to-work life.

That's right, I forgot, because Americans hate when word spreads worldwide that there is no social atmosphere in the USA and that all interactions are strictly business only. And how long do you reckon before America passes new laws stating that any man who complains about the lack of a social atmosphere in the USA gets immediately publicly executed for treason in front of a crowd of women, as they do in North Korea?
They come here because the U.S. generally usually treats Immigrants much better than they treat their own citizens. They get access to services that citizens are out right denied. I live in California and I rarely ever see homeless immigrants from Asia, Latin America, etc. Most of the homeless are either black or white Americans. Those two get f***ed the hardest in the U.S. especially the males. The system will kiss your black ass when it's election day or whenever they feel they can exploit you against another race they believe to be in their way of whatever agenda they are trying to push like how that BLM crap got started. But when it comes down to finances and actually trying to help people survive they'll leave your negro ass on the street to rot alongside of the whites. That's the whole reason you see more of both of those two struggling to survive. But blacks will try to make it sound like poverty is a negro only problem.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

February 22nd, 2023, 11:56 am
Mercury wrote:
Winston wrote:

They come here because the U.S. generally usually treats Immigrants much better than they treat their own citizens. They get access to services that citizens are out right denied. I live in California and I rarely ever see homeless immigrants from Asia, Latin America, etc. Most of the homeless are either black or white Americans. Those two get f***ed the hardest in the U.S. especially the males. The system will kiss your black ass when it's election day or whenever they feel they can exploit you against another race they believe to be in their way of whatever agenda they are trying to push like how that BLM crap got started. But when it comes down to finances and actually trying to help people survive they'll leave your negro ass on the street to rot alongside of the whites. That's the whole reason you see more of both of those two struggling to survive. But blacks will try to make it sound like poverty is a negro only problem.
True that! I think being F*cked over applies to all types of male American citizens. Females on the other hands have it much easier time in America than their male counterparts. There are countless organizations that supports female rights, female employment, female advancements, female support groups, female this and female that. If your also homosexual or transgender there are lots of support groups. I don't see any extensive support groups or network for men.

Don't you notice it? Men are just told to put up or shut up, and they are on their own. That's why you see countless maladjusted male adults in America. Most of my male friends around me have been doing drugs, joined a gang, spent some time in jail, live like hikkikomoris, video game and porn all day, in a low level mediocre level jobs, etc. Most of the criminals you see on TV are males and most of the prisoners are males and nearly every school shooters are lone male psychopath sociopathic gunman. All men are being crapped on by America. You better off checking "Homosexual" or "Transgender" on your resume to get job interviews now.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 22nd, 2023, 12:33 pm
February 22nd, 2023, 11:56 am
Mercury wrote:
Winston wrote:

True that! I think being F*cked over applies to all types of male American citizens. Females on the other hands have it much easier time in America than their male counterparts. There are countless organizations that supports female rights, female employment, female advancements, female support groups, female this and female that. If your also homosexual or transgender there are lots of support groups. I don't see any extensive support groups or network for men.

Don't you notice it? Men are just told to put up or shut up, and they are on their own. That's why you see countless maladjusted male adults in America. Most of my male friends around me have been doing drugs, joined a gang, spent some time in jail, live like hikkikomoris, video game and porn all day, in a low level mediocre level jobs, etc. Most of the criminals you see on TV are males and most of the prisoners are males and nearly every school shooters are lone male psychopath sociopathic gunman. All men are being crapped on by America. You better off checking "Homosexual" or "Transgender" on your resume to get job interviews now.
I don't understand how or why society wants homosexuals and trans people to be running shit, or what the agenda is for even forcing these people on society so much. There have to be some reason behind why it's pushed so hard. A country doesn't just give a certain group of people a lot of power for nothing. But there have to be some sort of explanation as to why homosexuality and transgenderism as well as giving women a whole lot of perks and privileges. No one seems to ever have a thorough explanation behind why the West have this obsession with giving so much power to those people.