Becoming self-sufficient,requires sacrifice.My advice on how to do so coming from literally nothing!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Becoming self-sufficient,requires sacrifice.My advice on how to do so coming from literally nothing!

Post by Kalinago »

A positive post in contrast to the negativity on this forum.

Backround:

I grew up in abject poverty.my mother was Ill with kidney failure and couldn't work.My father was not in the picture,and he had squandered whatever income he ,mad from his card-shop on prostitutes and gambling I believe,so I had a bad start.

I have a diagnosed mental disability called dyscalculia,it means my math level is 2nd grade and it cannot go higher than this according to a IQ doctor I was tested under.

I can never graduate the equivelant of highschool or go to college.

So I have looked into alternatives to become independant within my means and what is realistic.

I think this can help people in a desperate situation,who want to go abroad but simply lack the funds.

I think the start of this is to get a minimum wage job.

Then,save the most of what you can and buy cheap land in a warm but resourceful area.

buying land in the middle of the desert or mountains makes little sense.

You need water,and ideally be able to grow things year round.

You can find land for 8k-15k in southern florida.

then you build a two person sized Adobe house for maybe 12k but it can be cheaper if you want a very small place,the size of a studio.

Now you never have to pay rent ever again,and can focus your money on your goals.

my personal goal is to repeat what I just said,and rent out the property for tenants.

at this point you don't have to work ever again,and you can sit idly and get money,instead of forever doing shitty jobs where the capitalist boss steals from you,and can become a capitalist yourself.

Yes,(private not personal)property IS THEFT.but unlike moral idealists,you have to think about yourslf and adapt to the current system you're in.

Don' let idealism or moralism stop you from success.

Adobe homes keep cool in heat,and warm in cold.they're fire proof.

you can install solar panels and other amenities if you're smart,and not even have to pay utilities.

but chk your local county zoning and building laws,because we all know the system doesn't want people to be independant of being slaves to the capitalists.

you can grow food on your small pot of land aswell.

with the money you get from your tenant(s)you can repeat number 2 and keep growing as much as you want to until you become as independant as you need or desire with a passive income to travel and fulfill your dreams.

this is way better and smarter than being a wage slave.

But takes patience and perseverance.

Also be mindful of where you live,and learn some basic homesteading skills.

Adobe houses are very goodlooking and cheap,and also half of the world still lives in adobe houses of some kind.

If you desire independance,this is a good way to get it.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Re: Becoming self-sufficient,requires sacrifice.My advice on how to do so coming from literally nothing!

Post by Kalinago »

if you can and did pass highschool,you can get a federal GRANT in america ands use that money to fund this.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Becoming self-sufficient,requires sacrifice.My advice on how to do so coming from literally nothing!

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Hmm yeah.. that sucks. It's hard isn't it? to live in America with cost of living rising like crazy.
I don't think min wage will cover your living expenses and won't get you any savings.

You better off getting more welfare and taking advantage of local food banks and charity events.

You can also get your GED(equals to High school Diploma) by studying and passing test online now.
University is a waste of time and too expensive. You should study in your local community college instead.

Or if your a fighter.. you better off joining the army to get paid and get benefits but the downside is the army consists of SJW weaklings and
you have to swallow lot of bullsh*t. You should join the Navy because they don't have to fight anyone. You will get deployed in a ship...
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Kalinago wrote:
February 27th, 2023, 9:41 am
If that is the start it sounds like a long road.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
February 27th, 2023, 10:11 am
Kalinago wrote:
Minimum wage will not get you really far in the U.S. You better off being on welfare and take advantage of local food banks and charity.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 27th, 2023, 10:07 am
Hmm yeah.. that sucks. It's hard isn't it? to live in America with cost of living rising like crazy.
I don't think min wage will cover your living expenses and won't get you any savings.
it will,I can work and live off SSI,as I do right now
You better off getting more welfare and taking advantage of local food banks and charity events.
SSI pays my needs
You can also get your GED(equals to High school Diploma) by studying and passing test online now.
University is a waste of time and too expensive. You should study in your local community college instead.
I can't,I have dyscalculia(please read the beginning)
Or if your a fighter.. you better off joining the army to get paid and get benefits but the downside is the army consists of SJW weaklings and
you have to swallow lot of bullsh*t. You should join the Navy because they don't have to fight anyone. You will get deployed in a ship...

I'm a communist and also will never fight for the enemy and opressor
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Kalinago wrote:
February 27th, 2023, 10:13 am
February 27th, 2023, 10:07 am
it will,I can work and live off SSI,as I do right now
SSI pays my needs
I can't,I have dyscalculia(please read the beginning)

I'm a communist and also will never fight for the enemy and opressor
I was just trying to help.. well I wish you luck. :-)
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

February 27th, 2023, 10:12 am
Cornfed wrote:
Kalinago wrote:
Minimum wage will not get you really far in the U.S. You better off being on welfare and take advantage of local food banks and charity.
Living on SSI like I do,you can also work part-time and save to make this possible.

you surely can build extra properties cheaply when you don't pay rent and are self-sufficient,working minimum wage.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Kalinago wrote:
February 27th, 2023, 10:15 am
February 27th, 2023, 10:12 am
Cornfed wrote:
Kalinago wrote:
Living on SSI like I do,you can also work part-time and save to make this possible.

you surely can build extra properties cheaply when you don't pay rent and are self-sufficient,working minimum wage.
Well that's great. I wish you luck!