People REJECT MISFITS yet support them in Films/Music? (Great Paradox)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

People REJECT MISFITS yet support them in Films/Music? (Great Paradox)

Post by ArchibaultNew »

I'm sure Winston has noticed this thought. I notice many musicians always try to be "Misfits" even though they aren't. In Films as well the main characters are supposed to be "Misfits" and get criticized if they are "too perfect."
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: People REJECT MISFITS yet support them in Films/Music Spiderman?(Great Paradox)

Post by Lucas88 »

There seems to be a double standard when it comes to misfits. Misfits who are visibly successful and show great creativity in a respected field such as filmmakers and musicians tend to be viewed as "eccentric geniuses" and therefore celebrated together with all of their idiosyncrasies while those who are not visibly successful tend to be dismissed as "cranks" and "weirdos".

I think that this double standard is the result of a culture which values conformity and doesn't take too kindly to eccentricity yet at the same time exalts material success and fame above all else.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: People REJECT MISFITS yet support them in Films/Music Spiderman?(Great Paradox)

Post by publicduende »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 4:15 am
I'm sure Winston has noticed this thought. I notice many musicians always try to be "Misfits" even though they aren't. In Films as well the main characters are supposed to be "Misfits" and get criticized if they are "too perfect."
A very profound argument. Societies who are pushed hard towards conformity need outlets for their secret desires to rebel, to think different. Art has been considered one such outlet. It used to be theatre and opera music, more recently it's been cinema and rock.

Make no mistake, the music industry is an industry, all producers are interested in is channeling the impulsion towards rebellion, or maybe even the desire to conform ("fit in"), of a new generation into puppets who can represent them well. One "cursed" Italian popstar of yesteryear, Marco Masini, said it loud and clear in one of his most controversial songs, aptly named "Vaffanculo" ("f**k off")
Who knows what's true, in a world full of liars,
You can't sing the darkness of rage, with your millions in the bank,
We're all conformists, posing as rebels,
We're all press wolves, and the kids are our sheep
Same thing for "misfits" represented in movies. Adore them, glorify them, secretly yearn to be like them. But God forbid you even try saying that out loud, let alone be like them for real.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
The meaning of MISFIT is something that fits badly. Therefore, you are not a misfit if you uncover a field, such as film or music, where you belong. There is something wrong with you if you cannot find an area where you belong.
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

publicduende wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 4:50 pm
ArchibaultNew wrote:
A very profound argument. Societies who are pushed hard towards conformity need outlets for their secret desires to rebel, to think different. Art has been considered one such outlet. It used to be theatre and opera music, more recently it's been cinema and rock.

Make no mistake, the music industry is an industry, all producers are interested in is channeling the impulsion towards rebellion, or maybe even the desire to conform ("fit in"), of a new generation into puppets who can represent them well. One "cursed" Italian popstar of yesteryear, Marco Masini, said it loud and clear in one of his most controversial songs, aptly named "Vaffanculo" ("f**k off")
Who knows what's true, in a world full of liars,
You can't sing the darkness of rage, with your millions in the bank,
We're all conformists, posing as rebels,
We're all press wolves, and the kids are our sheep
Same thing for "misfits" represented in movies. Adore them, glorify them, secretly yearn to be like them. But God forbid you even try saying that out loud, let alone be like them for real.
Thanks for the comment man. I spend a lot of time thinking about this topic. So its interesting when other people, "get it." I will check out Masini. To be honest, most of the "Hollywood" industry is the fakest and superficial. And the Anglosphere at large it seems that there's less emphasis on showing emotion. To show emotion is "bad" for "losers." You are meant to "consume" and don't feel sad if everything else goes bad. The Italian Adriana Caetano was sad that they destroyed his hometown to build new construction, and he protested. You'll rarely hear a song like that in English, unless from a very indie band. In general most songs are superficial.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: People REJECT MISFITS yet support them in Films/Music? (Great Paradox)

Post by Winston »

I was thinking about this recently too. We do have something in common with rock stars and movie stars. They also claim to be misfits and do not fit into mainstream society as slave workers and they also claim to be nonconformists. Movies also glorify nonconformists. Maybe we and them are the same breed? When I was an extra on a movie set I noticed the people there were friendly like me because they were misfits too. So we have more in common with actors and entertainers and musicians than we realize.

It seems that if you are a misfit you are either loved or hated, not seen as neutral. Because you don't just perform your duties like an automaton like most normal people do. Normal people just do their job or duty and don't complain or think much at all. They go through the motions and don't make an issue out of life or cause trouble. They just to do their duty and perform their role that the matrix assigns to them, like ants and bees do. Neither us nor movie stars/rock stars fit into that.

So I guess when you are a misfit, you are loved if successful or despised/ostracized if you are not, like we are. I guess in a dualistic matrix of polarity, there has to be winners and losers among misfits. So I guess it's a compliment to us that we are on the same polarity as movie stars and rock stars, just on the opposite end of the polarity. lol. The loser end that is. lol. The question is, how do we get on the winning end?

Keep in mind that some famous rock stars and singers started out as losers and bums. Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac said when she first went to Hollywood she was penniless and homeless and had to beg for money on the street.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also, those type of misfits who reject society altogether and live on the road and are too free, and who are shown in movies, usually get killed at the end of the movie. For example "Into the Wild" or "Easy Rider" are movies that portray free hippies rejecting society altogether and living on the road with little or no money, and show them having fun and freedom. But at the end they all die. It's as if Hollywood can't give truly free hippies a happy ending.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Winston wrote:
April 7th, 2023, 5:12 pm
Also, those type of misfits who reject society altogether and live on the road and are too free, and who are shown in movies, usually get killed at the end of the movie. For example "Into the Wild" or "Easy Rider" are movies that portray free hippies rejecting society altogether and living on the road with little or no money, and show them having fun and freedom. But at the end they all die. It's as if Hollywood can't give truly free hippies a happy ending.
There seems to be a lot of "envy" and "jealousy" in Hollywood. Mostly because its entertainment geared towards the masses. So for instance, I have noticed they "killed off" many pretty girls in films, primarily slasher films. It seems to be motivated by "envy" from non-attractive girls who want to get paypack from pretty girls.

The reason why "hippies" get punished is because its a underlying message to the "automons" of society keep living "inside box" and you are safe if you venture outside you'll suffer a bad fate.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Winston wrote:
April 7th, 2023, 5:07 pm
I was thinking about this recently too. We do have something in common with rock stars and movie stars. They also claim to be misfits and do not fit into mainstream society as slave workers and they also claim to be nonconformists. Movies also glorify nonconformists. Maybe we and them are the same breed? When I was an extra on a movie set I noticed the people there were friendly like me because they were misfits too. So we have more in common with actors and entertainers and musicians than we realize.

It seems that if you are a misfit you are either loved or hated, not seen as neutral. Because you don't just perform your duties like an automaton like most normal people do. Normal people just do their job or duty and don't complain or think much at all. They go through the motions and don't make an issue out of life or cause trouble. They just to do their duty and perform their role that the matrix assigns to them, like ants and bees do. Neither us nor movie stars/rock stars fit into that.

So I guess when you are a misfit, you are loved if successful or despised/ostracized if you are not, like we are. I guess in a dualistic matrix of polarity, there has to be winners and losers among misfits. So I guess it's a compliment to us that we are on the same polarity as movie stars and rock stars, just on the opposite end of the polarity. lol. The loser end that is. lol. The question is, how do we get on the winning end?

Keep in mind that some famous rock stars and singers started out as losers and bums. Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac said when she first went to Hollywood she was penniless and homeless and had to beg for money on the street.
Winston, you're not a rich man. Don't compare yourself to Hollywood famous people, you have nothing in common with them. Were they "misfits" back in high school? So what if they are?

Misfits in movies/films/music? Come on, its like a different parallel universe.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Because even normies need an outlet. Misfits in films/music enable normies to live vicariously through them. Misfits do what normies can't do which is rebelling and taking risks and doing crazy things. Normies on the other hand have lot to lose which is their family, friends, job, status, reputation, etc.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!