effort means nothing today-stardusk video

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

effort means nothing today-stardusk video

Post by willymonfrete »

vlkmo
Freshman Poster

Re: effort means nothing today-stardusk video

Post by vlkmo »

What irks me is that a lot of people still expect others to put in as much effort which is valid, but they don't openly acknowledge that we also live in the most regulated, anti-white/western, anti-God, and anti-male time in history.

And I still concede that if in current times more effort is needed to attain the same results than it would have been 40 years ago, it is sort of a form of oppression.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

vlkmo wrote:
September 4th, 2023, 10:32 am
What irks me is that a lot of people still expect others to put in as much effort which is valid, but they don't openly acknowledge that we also live in the most regulated, anti-white/western, anti-God, and anti-male time in history.

And I still concede that if in current times more effort is needed to attain the same results than it would have been 40 years ago, it is sort of a form of oppression.
I agree. For the last 40-50 years, the masses didn't know the nation's wealth has been quietly transferred from the middle class to the elite class.
Not enough money, and resources to go around for the 99% of Americans. Effort means nothing because too much competition for few resources.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
vlkmo
Freshman Poster

Post by vlkmo »

That is a great answer.

Not that effort isn't entirely without merit either. Because the only other alternative to effort is fatalism. I still like to improve as a person on "small things".

And it's not just financial competition, but also social and cultural and seems to be disproportionately worse for men than women. That's one of the reasons why this forum exists. If things weren't so worse off you wouldn't see as many people talking about it online or the so-called "manosphere" won't be growing as popular as it has.

I blame a large part of the modern competition and perceived failure woes on social engineering.