Scum vs. Modern Scum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Scum vs. Modern Scum

Post by fschmidt »

All decaying societies are populated by scum. What makes modern scum unique is that we have advanced so far technologically that society has not yet collapsed in spite of being populated by useless scum. Previously a decaying culture would have collapsed long before becoming as scummy as modern scum are.

Yes some people will always be scum. That's okay as long as they don't dominate.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

What does Nietzsche have to say about scum?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Modern_Scum wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 4:18 am
Nietzsche, the great philosopher of the Übermensch, would undoubtedly have strong and unapologetic opinions about those he deemed as "scum".
And what would Nietzsche (not via ChatGPT or similar this time) say about moderators who ban all the interesting posters?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Modern_Scum wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 2:32 pm
Shemp wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 8:10 am
And what would Nietzsche (not via ChatGPT or similar this time) say about moderators who ban all the interesting posters?
...already answered your question
Ah yes, forgot about that person. He no longer visits the forum unfortunately.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Nah, it's good to complain. It's not a loser thing. Complain, complain, complain away until you get what you want. Apparently Nietzsche wasn't smart enough to understand the "happier abroad" concept.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/people/f ... matrimony.
Friedrich Nietzsche never walked down the aisle himself, though he proposed marriage multiple times, to the same woman, who rejected each of his overtures.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 8:13 pm
Nah, it's good to complain. It's not a loser thing. Complain, complain, complain away until you get what you want. Apparently Nietzsche wasn't smart enough to understand the "happier abroad" concept.
Actually, Nietzsche was a HA'er in the fullest sense of the word. Although an ethnic German from the town of Röcken near Leipzig, Nietzsche despised German culture, which he saw as decadent, and lived for extended periods in Switzerland, France and Italy. He was a big fan of Romance and particularly French culture and spoke French and Italian fluently.

Nietzsche never married because he was socially awkward and didn't know how to act around women. He proposed to the Russian-born psychoanalyst Lou Salomé but was rejected. Nietzsche made a habit of visiting prostitutes but it is also possible that he had a love affair with an Italian peasant girl during one of his stays in Northern Italy.

Nietzsche was a great philosopher too. His whole philosophy is about self-overcoming and forging oneself into one's highest possible form.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 8:53 pm
Nietzsche was a great philosopher too. His whole philosophy is about self-overcoming and forging oneself into one's highest possible form.
A great example of the "do as I say, not as I do" kind of man. I loved him when we studied his work in high school, then kind of tempered my judgment when I read about his life.
MarcosZeitola

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Oh look its this tiresome faggot again. 😂
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

publicduende wrote:
November 16th, 2023, 7:28 am
A great example of the "do as I say, not as I do" kind of man. I loved him when we studied his work in high school, then kind of tempered my judgment when I read about his life.
I'm not exactly sure why you would say that about Nietzsche. I assume that you mean to say that he didn't live up to his own ideal of the Will to Power, but I've read various biographies on Nietzsche and, from what is publicly known about his life, I think that he did quite well for a man who was, by all accounts, extremely awkward around people (possibly autistic) and suffered from various health conditions including severe migraines, gastric disorders, psychiatric disturbances, and a congenital stroke disorder that would ultimately kill him.

Nietzsche was a brilliant and highly unusual individual. Despite all of his handicaps, he never contented himself with mediocrity. After retiring from his position of professor of philology at the University of Basel, the philosopher created an intellectual and literary legacy which would offer many novel insights into subjects as diverse as truth, power, morality and aesthetics and exert a lasting influence on Western philosophy for at least a century. That's no small feat.

I'm sure that Nietzsche would have rather been an aristocratic ruler and magnate in the Renaissance or Classical Antiquity, somebody like Lorenzo de Medici, had he had a choice, but alas he lived the existence of a common and somewhat sickly man in a time when the nobility was already a relic of the past and democratic values were taking hold of Europe. I think that Nietzsche did something extraordinary with the cards he was dealt. 8)

Wow, you got to study Nietzsche in high school. We never even touched philosophy in high school. I've always said that Mediterraneans are far more cultured than Anglos. :)
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 16th, 2023, 4:02 pm
publicduende wrote:
November 16th, 2023, 7:28 am
I'm not exactly sure why you would say that about Nietzsche. I assume that you mean to say that he didn't live up to his own ideal of the Will to Power, but I've read various biographies on Nietzsche and, from what is publicly known about his life, I think that he did quite well for a man who was, by all accounts, extremely awkward around people (possibly autistic) and suffered from various health conditions including severe migraines, gastric disorders, psychiatric disturbances, and a congenital stroke disorder that would ultimately kill him.

Nietzsche was a brilliant and highly unusual individual. Despite all of his handicaps, he never contented himself with mediocrity. After retiring from his position of professor of philology at the University of Basel, the philosopher created an intellectual and literary legacy which would offer many novel insights into subjects as diverse as truth, power, morality and aesthetics and exert a lasting influence on Western philosophy for at least a century. That's no small feat.

I'm sure that Nietzsche would have rather been an aristocratic ruler and magnate in the Renaissance or Classical Antiquity, somebody like Lorenzo de Medici, had he had a choice, but alas he lived the existence of a common and somewhat sickly man in a time when the nobility was already a relic of the past and democratic values were taking hold of Europe. I think that Nietzsche did something extraordinary with the cards he was dealt. 8)

Wow, you got to study Nietzsche in high school. We never even touched philosophy in high school. I've always said that Mediterraneans are far more cultured than Anglos. :)
Wish I was driven and as motivated like that, my handicaps and disabilities generally hold me back. I have limitations, but guys like that don't know the meaning of limitations because they don't believe in them even if they do have them to some extent. They still figure out how to make use of whatever ability they have to make up for any defects they were cursed/born with.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

This is how you test it I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jhf1zhdg-ZY
Impress your girl's dad