all these retarded westerners saying mexico/colombia are 'super safe'

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: all these retarded westerners saying mexico/colombia are 'super safe'

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

publicduende wrote:
December 31st, 2023, 9:58 pm
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
December 31st, 2023, 9:38 pm
Colombians are crazy man! All of the Colombians I met in America have common traits such as hot tempered, greedy, money hungry, selfish, individualistic bastards. :lol: But I kind of love them.
LOL yes, they have a "far west" mentality. They are individualistic, greedy, money hungry but, on the pro side, they also tend to be creative, focused, and hard working. Whether they're illegals just landed in Texas or rich kids studying for an MBA in NYC, they know that their shot at the American Dream.

I wish Filipinos were this driven. Some of those who migrate abroad do embrace this sort of mindset. Most don't, though...
Yes. Also Colombians are quite "mercenary" too and most has no sense of honor or loyalty. They work hard when they think they can make good money, but they move to a greener pasture and doesn't care about their fellow men.

However Colombians are cordial, friendly, creative, hard working, fun loving people to hang out with. I tend to picture Sofia Vergara. I have met many Colombians who has the same accent as her and act like her. Personally I like Colombian women. They are fun to hang out with and have good bodies, but I get turned off by their common trait of greed and money hungry mindset because you know my "frugality is best" mindset. So it's a mixed bag for me. I met couple of them in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiMDQqhwxF4
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

January 1st, 2024, 6:43 pm
Yes. Also Colombians are quite "mercenary" too and most has no sense of honor or loyalty. They work hard when they think they can make good money, but they move to a greener pasture and doesn't care about their fellow men.

However Colombians are cordial, friendly, creative, hard working, fun loving people to hang out with. I tend to picture Sofia Vergara. I have met many Colombians who has the same accent as her and act like her.

Like in any society, there are also differences between Colombians. You mentioned Sofia Vergara, from Barranquilla. Colombians from the northern "Caribe" regions are by far the most genuine, approachable and friendly.

Paisas (from Medellin) are quite frendly if you get to belong to their inner circle, but also of the the industrious/determined type. Many of them have careers, life plans, ambitions, and they forge ahead without much attention to trampling on other people's feelings.

I think the worst, on the friendly scale, are the Bogotans. They tend to have the "we're from the capital city" kind of attitude. Also, since Bogota is where the government seats are, they tend to also be of the corruptible/corrupted types.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
January 1st, 2024, 6:49 pm
January 1st, 2024, 6:43 pm

However Colombians are cordial, friendly, creative, hard working, fun loving people to hang out with. I tend to picture Sofia Vergara. I have met many Colombians who has the same accent as her and act like her.

Like in any society, there are also differences between Colombians. You mentioned Sofia Vergara, from Barranquilla. Colombians from the northern "Caribe" regions are by far the most genuine, approachable and friendly.

Paisas (from Medellin) are quite frendly if you get to belong to their inner circle, but also of the the industrious/determined type. Many of them have careers, life plans, ambitions, and they forge ahead without much attention to trampling on other people's feelings.

I think the worst, on the friendly scale, are the Bogotans. They tend to have the "we're from the capital city" kind of attitude. Also, since Bogota is where the government seats are, they tend to also be of the corruptible/corrupted types.
Well, I am just telling you my experience with Colombians living in the U.S.
I don't know what regions are they from anyway.. I never asked them. There is a sizable Colombian population in New Jersey and New York.
Based on their common trait I guess most of them are from Medellin region?

Colombians are pretty wild motherf*ckers.. :lol:
I'm not sure if I can handle their women. I know you did have a Colombian ex-girlfriend or something like that..
I am curious about that experience.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

January 1st, 2024, 6:55 pm
I don't know what regions are they from anyway.. I never asked them. There is a sizable Colombian population in New Jersey and New York.

I'm not sure if I can handle their women. I know you did have a Colombian ex-girlfriend or something like that..
Assuming you didn't meet anyone involved in crime and/or illegal activities, you might have met the "cream of the crop" of the Colombians. Together with Panama, Colombia is pretty much the only South American (Mexico is North America) country that consistenly looks up to the US as a benchmark for success. Rich kids get their Dads to send them to the US to study, smart and hard-working kids get scholarships to study in the US, those who can get work Visas to work in the US and then settle and never look back.

Hard to say where these Colombians might be from. They certainly belong to the upper class, probably from families with roots in Bogota, Medellin and other major cities.

My ex-wife is from Colombia and belongs to that smaller cohort of poor yet smart kids who build themselves from scratch. She went to a very good praivate high school thanks to a rare scholarship and got loans to pay herself a Mechanical Enginering degree at one of the best universities in Medellin, up to Masters level. Whilst I never thought she lacks intelligence, she definitely shines more for her determination and hard work.

Unfortunately, she also had quite a few traumatic childhood and teenage years and those demons surfaced and bit back during our relationship. She became obsessed with her new career in the UK and lost most of that Latino zest and warmth that I loved her for. All of that, plus some personal problems I had to unexpectedly go through, led to the end of our relationship. We are still (more and more sporadically) in touch and still have mutual, respect for each other. Ironically enough, her current bf is an another Italian guy living in the UK, a musician.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
January 1st, 2024, 7:14 pm
January 1st, 2024, 6:55 pm

Assuming you didn't meet anyone involved in crime and/or illegal activities, you might have met the "cream of the crop" of the Colombians. Together with Panama, Colombia is pretty much the only South American (Mexico is North America) country that consistenly looks up to the US as a benchmark for success. Rich kids get their Dads to send them to the US to study, smart and hard-working kids get scholarships to study in the US, those who can get work Visas to work in the US and then settle and never look back.

Hard to say where these Colombians might be from. They certainly belong to the upper class, probably from families with roots in Bogota, Medellin and other major cities.

My ex-wife is from Colombia and belongs to that smaller cohort of poor yet smart kids who build themselves from scratch. She went to a very good praivate high school thanks to a rare scholarship and got loans to pay herself a Mechanical Enginering degree at one of the best universities in Medellin, up to Masters level. Whilst I never thought she lacks intelligence, she definitely shines more for her determination and hard work.

Unfortunately, she also had quite a few traumatic childhood and teenage years and those demons surfaced and bit back during our relationship. She became obsessed with her new career in the UK and lost most of that Latino zest and warmth that I loved her for. All of that, plus some personal problems I had to unexpectedly go through, led to the end of our relationship. We are still (more and more sporadically) in touch and still have mutual, respect for each other. Ironically enough, her current bf is an another Italian guy living in the UK, a musician.
No I don't think the Colombians in America are "cream of the crop" upper class types.. :(
I met whole mixed bag of Colombians. One guy who owns a small party rental warehouse, the other guy who came to the U.S and married a Colombian American spouse and got a green card, the other guy attended my university as student(he was finance major and always wore suits in class), one "Morena" Colombian girl at my business class, One guy who was a cop in Colombia but immigrated to the U.S, other guy who came to America to make some summer cash and go back to Colombia to pay for his university tuition, etc.
I don't think those people are upper class.

That's very sad with what happened with your girlfriend :(
I guess the UK sucked the soul right out of her and turned her into something she is not.
I guess she misses you and date another similar guy or something. I don't know, women can be a mystery sometimes.