Are you content?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are you content?

Post by yick »

I was going to title it 'are you happy?' but no-one is 'happy' all the time, that's basically impossible but I truly believe you can have a state of contentment with life where everything is going well, all engines are running and you don't need medication or drugs to get your through the day.

I have a great life, I don't work much but save most of my income - I have future retirement plans which are realistic and achievable, I am fit and healthy, don't smoke nor drink, not on any medication, still have all my own hair (albeit it's greying slightly...) could life be 'better' as in be richer, more women, more whatever - I suppose it could but I understand as a middle aged man with a few miles around the block that chasing things to be 'better' is also a trap - that what I have now is good, I am content with what I have - I don't know what those people have to do or work at to have those things but I know for me I am doing fine and it isn't a torture or a bugbear or anything like that. I am very lucky to live the way I do.

So, are you content with your life? If not, what would make you content? Is it something in your power to change? Now, if it is something silly like 'get rid of black people' or 'every women should want to f**k me' well, it aint happening so let's make this a sensible, adult conversation about men and how to improve their lives, cheers! :D
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Are you content?

Post by kangarunner »

Have a good plan and stick with it. The basics. Health, Wealth, Relationships.

Other than that, getting rid of things that hold you back so you CAN DO things that you were meant to.

Less is more. Minimalism is freeing.

The more I get older, the more I see that most expats out here are selfish assholes and I don't want nothing to do with them. I refuse to engage with the most of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

kangarunner wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 1:34 am
Have a good plan and stick with it. The basics. Health, Wealth, Relationships.

Other than that, getting rid of things that hold you back so you CAN DO things that you were meant to.

Less is more. Minimalism is freeing.

The more I get older, the more I see that most expats out here are selfish assholes and I don't want nothing to do with them. I refuse to engage with the most of them.
Indeed! I agree with you on expats - everyone has their reasons for being where you are. If someone wants to talk to me then I am OK with it but do I need them to be happy or to get rid of 'loneliness' and the answer is no. I met a young American chap on my travels in Mexico and had a very pleasant evening talking to him so I am personally not against it but you know... expats aren't part of any picture wherever I go.
Roccia
Freshman Poster

Post by Roccia »

The stress I feel on a day to day basis is is physical and mental torture.
MarcosZeitola

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I've had better days. The cold weather and bleak skies of Western Europe depress me. I need sunshine to be truly content. But I know there are sunny places in this world and that I may go there again eventually, and this gives me hope. And hope is all a man needs, really.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 12:07 am
I've had better days. The cold weather and bleak skies of Western Europe depress me. I need sunshine to be truly content. But I know there are sunny places in this world and that I may go there again eventually, and this gives me hope. And hope is all a man needs, really.
There was this Italian dude in the Ph he drawed comics professionally. He loved it when it rained. I could not understand that but now I get it. I am ok with rain and no sunshine too. If one is busy with interesting stuff there is not much need for external stuff.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 12:07 am
It's not for me either but I feel what you're saying because you have at least another five months of that shit. Whats the plan next? Where are you planning on going? Is the Philippines over?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I am content but restless, but there is nothing i can do about restlessness anymore than i could stop being hungry once a day or sleepy each evening. I have more money than i know what to do with and zero responsibilities and excellent health. So all my time is free and i occupy all that time by moving from one place to another on this planet. Right now, i am bicycle touring the desert of the southwest USA. Later this year, I will walk around Europe. Totally pointless movement to take care of the restlessness. Eventually I'll die and my pointless existence will quickly be forgotten by this world. In fact, it's almost entirely forgotten already given how few friends, acquaintances and relatives keep contact with me.