How many of you steal?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

How many of you steal?

Post by MrMan »

A few decades ago, I was sitting in a Sociology class where the professor liked to say stuff to provoke students, then give tests just based on the book that had little to do with his lecture. One time he said there was a crime he knew all of us had committed-- shoplifting. That irritated me. Unless I took something as a baby and didn't remember it, I had never shoplifted. So he said it again later, and I said, "I haven't.' The future runner up for the state beauty pagent also said she hadn't either. The rest of the class was silent. Maybe some of them hadn't and didn't speak up.

This was back when music was on CDs and cassette tapes, not available for free on YouTube or for 99 cents on other platforms. So maybe that was why he thought the class was full of thieves. He probably had seen some stats.

A couple of posters, one a former poster, have confessed to stealing from grocery stores. One poster justified himself that he was stealing from corporate ---holes.

I guess he considers those little grandma's and grandpas with stock in the grocery stores to be ---holes.

I am curious who else here is a thief and wants to admit it.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: How many of you steal?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:37 am
A few decades ago, I was sitting in a Sociology class where the professor liked to say stuff to provoke students, then give tests just based on the book that had little to do with his lecture. One time he said there was a crime he knew all of us had committed-- shoplifting. That irritated me. Unless I took something as a baby and didn't remember it, I had never shoplifted. So he said it again later, and I said, "I haven't.' The future runner up for the state beauty pagent also said she hadn't either. The rest of the class was silent. Maybe some of them hadn't and didn't speak up.

This was back when music was on CDs and cassette tapes, not available for free on YouTube or for 99 cents on other platforms. So maybe that was why he thought the class was full of thieves. He probably had seen some stats.

A couple of posters, one a former poster, have confessed to stealing from grocery stores. One poster justified himself that he was stealing from corporate ---holes.

I guess he considers those little grandma's and grandpas with stock in the grocery stores to be ---holes.

I admit it. :lol: I steal from big corporate supermarkets and I don't give a shit about it. I have no issue with it on a moral level at all.

The main reason is that most of these big supermarkets are raking in billions in profit anyway whilst at the same time charging unreasonably expensive prices for their stuff.

Why are you an NPC who wants to protect corporate profit? Walmart made something like $160 billion last year. Do you think they're really going to miss a couple of bits going missing here and there? If they don't want people to steal from them then they should stop artificially raising their prices for profit.

This isn't the same as stealing from a private, family owned business, something I would never do. But as for these big corporations? f**k them!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 1:00 pm
MrMan wrote:

I admit it. :lol: I steal from big corporate supermarkets and I don't give a shit about it. I have no issue with it on a moral level at all.

The main reason is that most of these big supermarkets are raking in billions in profit anyway whilst at the same time charging unreasonably expensive prices for their stuff.

Why are you an NPC who wants to protect corporate profit? Walmart made something like $160 billion last year. Do you think they're really going to miss a couple of bits going missing here and there? If they don't want people to steal from them then they should stop artificially raising their prices for profit.

This isn't the same as stealing from a private, family owned business, something I would never do. But as for these big corporations? f**k them!
I hate corporations too, but I still couldn't walk into a store like Walmart even with lax theft laws in California and just take something off the shelf. First off it would make me look like everyone else who is doing it, and those very same people who are doing it to big corporations are also attacking family owned businesses too. The only time I've stolen something is through piracy online like downloading something digital. But going into a store and just grabbing something like a flat screen or a bunch of clothing off shelves..I just can't see myself ever doing that not even to a POS corporation like Walmart. I would have to be hungry and unwilling to collect bottles and cans to steal out of a store, and if I were to steal from a store it would be either food, water, or just something important I desperately need but can't afford because of my situation got that bad.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

When I was 9 or 10 I used to steal small things from the local supermarket, just for the thrill of it, and was never caught. Candies, the occasional small chocolate bar.

Fortunately for me, it was a phase and it ended pretty soon. Back in the day, local supermarkets were small and packed with merchandise, with small corridors between aisles. There was no such thing as CCTV. They were also family run, so the few people working there were usually either behind a counter or at the cash register.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 3:59 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:

I hate corporations too, but I still couldn't walk into a store like Walmart even with lax theft laws in California and just take something off the shelf. First off it would make me look like everyone else who is doing it, and those very same people who are doing it to big corporations are also attacking family owned businesses too. The only time I've stolen something is through piracy online like downloading something digital. But going into a store and just grabbing something like a flat screen or a bunch of clothing off shelves..I just can't see myself ever doing that not even to a POS corporation like Walmart. I would have to be hungry and unwilling to collect bottles and cans to steal out of a store, and if I were to steal from a store it would be either food, water, or just something important I desperately need but can't afford because of my situation got that bad.
I don't have limits when it comes to stealing from big corporations. I simply don't give a f**k about them and see nothing morally wrong with stealing from them. The other day I was in Asda and I saw some books I liked the look of, so instead of paying their price of £10 per book I just shoved both books under my pile of bags in the trolley.

I "steal" movies through online piracy and also steal television by not paying a TV licence :lol: I haven't had a TV licence since I moved into my new home 6 months ago :lol: the BBC have become my penpals! They write to me every now and again and keep promising to visit, but they never do :mrgreen:

So yes, I'll steal and defraud big corporations any chance I get. I've stolen loads of stuff from the place where I work, including actual product and then I've defrauded the company by taking longer than I should for breaks etc.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Everyone in a large enough city and if they were anonymous would steal. Only people who would not steal are people who live in small towns or tribes where there's a sense of honor in the community.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 5:09 pm
WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 3:59 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:

I don't have limits when it comes to stealing from big corporations. I simply don't give a f**k about them and see nothing morally wrong with stealing from them. The other day I was in Asda and I saw some books I liked the look of, so instead of paying their price of £10 per book I just shoved both books under my pile of bags in the trolley.

I "steal" movies through online piracy and also steal television by not paying a TV licence :lol: I haven't had a TV licence since I moved into my new home 6 months ago :lol: the BBC have become my penpals! They write to me every now and again and keep promising to visit, but they never do :mrgreen:

So yes, I'll steal and defraud big corporations any chance I get. I've stolen loads of stuff from the place where I work, including actual product and then I've defrauded the company by taking longer than I should for breaks etc.
So would it be fair to say that this forum is moderated by a man who is a thief and proud of it?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:18 pm
So would it be fair to say that this forum is moderated by a man who is a thief and proud of it?
@Pixel--Dude has demonstrated that he's a very good moderator with upright and fair judgment. The purpose of this forum is about building a community of truth seekers and for providing a safe place for the truth to be found out. He's doing a fine job at upholding and supporting that purpose.

As a liberal progressive Democrat myself, I'm all for this forum being directed in a more liberal manner with liberal values. That's what makes us Democrats the most popular party because we welcome everyone. Come to our table and we'll generously share what we have. Go to the other table and they'll tell you that you're not good enough to be at their table. Cheers.
Last edited by kangarunner on January 15th, 2024, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:

I believe stealing is a sin against God, so it doesn't matter if the company has bad values, makes a lot of money, etc.

Walmart has at least thousands of shareholders. One of the reasons they have to raise their prices is because of 'shrinkage'--thieves stealing their goods. That raises their costs, and their 'every day low prices.'

When I was really, really poor and didn't have a job, I didn't go steal stuff from Walmart. I bought what I could and prayed for God to provide. I managed to scrape up rent one way or another until we got out of it. I've also spent a lot of my life like that as a grad student with kids.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 5:58 pm
Everyone in a large enough city and if they were anonymous would steal. Only people who would not steal are people who live in small towns or tribes where there's a sense of honor in the community.
Not stealing is a matter of personal integrity. If one needs social pressure or consequences to abstain from it, one lacks personal integrity in this area.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 5:58 pm
Not stealing is a matter of personal integrity. If one needs social pressure or consequences to abstain from it, one lacks personal integrity in this area.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:32 pm
I believe stealing is a sin against God, so it doesn't matter if the company has bad values, makes a lot of money, etc.

Walmart has at least thousands of shareholders. One of the reasons they have to raise their prices is because of 'shrinkage'--thieves stealing their goods. That raises their costs, and their 'every day low prices.'

When I was really, really poor and didn't have a job, I didn't go steal stuff from Walmart. I bought what I could and prayed for God to provide. I managed to scrape up rent one way or another until we got out of it. I've also spent a lot of my life like that as a grad student with kids.
Walmart is a corporation that would sell you and probably does sell you crap that is harmful to your health for their profit. Walmart doesn't care about their shoppers or people in general. As a liberal progressive, I believe Walmart should freely give food to those who are in need. They should have a place in their stores where water, vegetables, chicken, beef, and fresh food should be given out to those who need meals. That would be the honorable Christian thing to do.

Secondly, as a proud Democrat, I believe in equality for all where no man is higher another.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:49 pm
MrMan wrote:

Walmart is a corporation that would sell you and probably does sell you crap that is harmful to your health for their profit. Walmart doesn't care about their shoppers or people in general. As a liberal progressive, I believe Walmart should freely give food to those who are in need. They should have a place in their stores where water, vegetables, chicken, beef, and fresh food should be given out to those who need meals. That would be the honorable Christian thing to do.

Secondly, as a proud Democrat, I believe in equality for all where no man is higher another.
You can ask them to set up an area like that, and pay for the food yourself.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:

You can call me whatever you want, I don't give a f**k! I never stole from a person in my life. A fictitious corporate entity is not a person.
MrMan wrote:

You believe stealing is a sin against God? I believe your God is a psychopathic bloodthirsty murderer, so I tend not to give a shit about what he thinks. Here's my Cosmic Murder Trial thread: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=15&t=48243 you should give it a read, as well as the Bible itself and all the evil Yahweh is guilty of. His Sins are way greater than my own.

Well kudos to you for managing to scrape by on a meagre living. Do you think that's any way to live? Scraping by and barely being able to eat or pay your bills when these big corporations like Walmart are raking in billions in profit?

While we're talking about profit. You blame people stealing bits here and there from supermarkets for rising costs but if that is the case then how are these same corporations making so much profit and more and more every single year whilst people like us are struggling to pay rent and eat? You need to take the blinkers off, mate.

MrMan wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 7:55 pm
kangarunner wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:49 pm

You can ask them to set up an area like that, and pay for the food yourself.
Well, @MrMan... That isn't a very Christian attitude now, is it? Where is your sense of charity and good will towards others? I thought as a Christian you would be all for giving away food to those who need it the most. But in one thread you even said that people who don't work don't even deserve to eat. :roll:
MrMan wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:39 pm

Hahaha! :lol: seriously?! This is coming from someone who believes we need the Bible to serve as a compass when it comes to morality?! Maybe this says more about Christians who need the Bible to stop them committing agregious actions out of fear of the consequences.

I don't need the Bible or the law to prevent me committing transgressions against others. I don't steal from friends or neighbours. I don't steal from some guy who opened his own little shop on the corner of the street. I have a sense of moral integrity. My ethics and values are outlined here: viewtopic.php?style=11&p=384181#p384181 At least my sense of ethics and moral values are my own and not what I've been told is moral by the system or a slave religion.

I don't give a shit about supermarkets who make billions in profit by artificially raising their prices to make more and more profit for greedy CEOs under some bullshit reason like people stealing bits here and there or inflation. If this was the case we wouldn't see an increase in their profits so all your senile waffling about "Errrrmaaaaguuuuuurd! Teeeefs are raising costs!" Is well and truly a moot point! Besides, these same supermarkets throw away tons and tons of food every month because they are past their shelf life and they put padlocks on their dumpsters because they would literally prefer homeless and poor to starve to death than let them take their products without paying for them!

So yeah, f**k these corporate assholes! People should steal from these cunts since they have monopolised the food industry and all these supermarkets with their illusion of competition are all owned by the same people anyway.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kangarunner wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:27 pm
MrMan wrote:
@Pixel--Dude has demonstrated that he's a very good moderator with upright and fair judgment. The purpose of this forum is about building a community of truth seekers and for providing a safe place for the truth to be found out. He's doing a fine job at upholding and supporting that purpose.
Thank you, I appreciate that.