Which Apocalypse Is Preferable?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Which apocalypse would you prefer if you HAD to pick one?

Zombie Apocalypse.
67%
Meteor.
33%
Nuclear Winter.
No votes
Alien Invasion.
No votes
Biblical Rapture.
No votes

Total votes: 3
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Which Apocalypse Is Preferable?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 19th, 2024, 4:45 pm
vlkmo wrote:
January 19th, 2024, 3:02 pm
Meteor, yellowstone caldera erupting, or some other mega-scale natural catastrophe. At least space rocks or volcanoes don't have any ideological agenda against you.
They could have. If a rock smashed into Earth and wiped us all out I would definitely take it personally! :lol:
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 19th, 2024, 6:30 am
The zombie apocalypse. At least you have a fighting chance to survive if you used your head.
It would be like the Walking dead, and we get to fight "the governor".

If there is no other alternative then I choose the Alien invasion. However, I would side with the Aliens and become one of them because I am sick of humanity anyway. If the Aliens would let me join their side...
For me I think the fantasy vs reality would be hilarious. The fantasy is me riding around on a motorcycle with a spiked baseball bat taking out zombies, picking up chicks and starting a gated community somewhere. The reality would be me hiding in my house and shitting my pants while eating left over pizza and whatever food I can find down the side of the couch. The minute I set foot outside I'd get eaten lol.
MrMan wrote:
January 19th, 2024, 7:18 am
Apocalypse comes from a word that means unveiling or revelation. It is another name for the Book of Revelation. Armageddon means Megiddo, a valley in Israel.

As far as these scenarios go, I'd choose the last one, but I do not think that describes the "Biblical rapture." I believe resurrection of the dead in Christ then the rapture ('catching up' to meet the Lord in he air) occurs after a time of tribulation and suffering (as opposed to before it) according to the Bible. After this judgements will still be poured down on the rebellious.

None of this rules out, IMO, the possibility that there could be some nuclear war, meteorites falling. I am surprised you left out a tacopocalypes, which I suppose would involve lots of tacos falling from the sky.
I obviously wouldn't like the last scenario. I'd have to accept that I was wrong and prepare to burn in fire and brimstone. None of the situations are ideal, but the zombie apocalypse scenario would be a chance to live out a survival situation which would be life or death. I think that scenario would really make me feel alive. The current society we live in is already like a zombie apocalypse, but a placid one where the zombies don't try to eat you. They just want to get drunk and talk about football etc.
Shiitt.. look at the bright side. In the zombie apocalypse, you have no more debt, no annoying feminists, no annoying LGBT, social justice warrior people. No annoying spam calls, no annoying door to door sales man, no nanny state government, you don't have to work 9-5 in some cubicle, you don't have to pay bills, no blue pilled beta cucks and you get to steal as much food, groceries, clothes and others from Tesco or whatever the British people shop in(In America, we shop at Walmart). It's you and others vs the undead. The Undead doesn't care about your f*cking human rights and your capitalism which you hate. :lol: 8)
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!