What would you do if you could go back to your school days but with all the knowledge that you currently possess?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

What would you do if you could go back to your school days but with all the knowledge that you currently possess?

Post by Lucas88 »

The other day, while chatting over coffee, @Pixel--Dude and I discussed a hypothetical scenario:

What sort of things would we do if we were supernaturally teleported back to our days at secondary school except with all of the knowledge and understanding of the world as well as learned skills that we possess today?

Just to be clear, in this scenario we would once again have the body and physical attributes of our school-aged selves but at the same time our current adult mind and level of life experience.

As for myself, I would do the following:

1. Use my current knowledge of MMA to be the cock of the school

Not to sound like a PAG-like conceited braggart, but my combat skills are quite developed. After my time at secondary school I trained extensively in Brazilian Jiujitsu and No-Gi grappling and then took up MMA, adding freestyle wrestling and Muay Thai to my arsenal. I'm a formidable grappler and have a decent level of striking.

With all of this martial knowledge, I would thoroughly kick the shit out of any bullies and wannabe tough guys that tried to start on me. Back at school (real timeline) I only knew how to swing wildly and use a few basic grappling techniques, but in the hypothetical timeline I'd whoop my opponents with much more sophisticated techniques such as crisp Muay Thai combinations including low-kicks, elbows and knees, double-leg and high-crotch takedowns, armbars and rear-naked chokes, and even elaborate submissions like heel-hooks and twisters!

Twister submission – This is one helluva baddass spine lock!

I'd be fuckin' feared bro, because back then even the worst bullies at my school only knew very basic stuff or maybe some kickboxing at most, nothing like MMA or advanced grappling. I'd be the cock of the school, dudes would wanna be my buddy and girls would love me. 😎

2. Improve my physical training and supplements

I began lifting weights when I was 13. But in the hypothetical timeline, I would have a much more precise knowledge of training methods, nutrition and supplements and would therefore develop an ever better physique. I could even order Anavar from online suppliers. Melanotan wasn't well-known in the early 2000s but maybe I would be able to locate an international supplier and order it to my house. The purpose would be to get jacked and tanned and become a complete teenage sex god! 🔥

3. Game girls

Back at school I was socially awkward and suffered from crippling social anxiety and therefore didn't get very far with girls even when they took an interest in me, but with my current adult social skills and understanding of social interaction I would hit on all of the hot girls (those who were tanned or brown and had good titties and ass) and bang many of them. I'd even try to bang some of the Milf teachers like a little Chadlet! 🍑🔥🌮🍆

4. Be a total smartass

Most of the stuff that I've learned comes from self-study long after school. Today I have quite decent knowledge of subjects like history, philosophy, foreign languages, certain areas of science, and the occult.

In the hypothetical timeline, I'd just ace exams and probably know more than my teachers. I'd speak Spanish better than my language teachers. I'd be considered a little Leonardo Da Vinci! 😂😂😂

5. Make money by unconventional means

In the hypothetical timeline, I'd have foreknowledge of the results of famous sporting events and so I'd bet money on the winning teams and rake it in. 😎

I'd also have some idea of what companies were doing well at that time and try to maximize my income with the stock market. 🤑

Bonus – Make a prophetic hoax

Since in the hypothetical timeline I'd know much of the future up until 2024, I would write a document titled "Visions of the Future from a Modern Prophet" and include detailed descriptions of inventions and cultural developments from the late 2000s to the early 2020s including things like the generative AI, geopolitics, elections and other significant world events. I'd distribute printed copies of the document and upload versions of it to various places on the internet just before returning to our current timeline after graduation. In time people would come to genuinely believe that I was a prophet. Or my prophetic hoax would at least become an urban legend. I'd do this just for the shits and giggles! Lmao! 🤣

All of the above if what I would do if I went back to my school days with all of my adult knowledge intact. What about you guys?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: What would you do if you could go back to your school days but with all the knowledge that you currently possess?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Lucas88

What a great question.
I would definitely turn my life around because my real life in my High School totally sucked, nobody gave a sh*t about me and it was the darkest period of my life. I was quite directionless and object of ridicule and ostracized.

1) I would drop out of my High School as soon as I turn 16(sophomore year), take and pass the GED test to get the "HS diploma equivalent" and go straight to "college" or the Americans call it "Community College" and major in IT and get a IT programming job. American High School lasts up to 18 years old. I don't have to waste two more years being in that hell hole. I'll go to community college when I'm 17 years old and not even take the SAT(UK's equivalent of the A levels).

OR

2) I would drop out of high school in 10th grade, get my GED and join the U.S Navy or air force and work in IT, Logistics, Electronic warfare, Cyber Security or other cushy rear line support roles. The U.S military at that time has stellar benefits even for most Americans such as free healthcare, free university education, veterans discount, good salary and more.

3) I would save up lot of money from my various jobs, invest most of it and make lots of money with the stock market because I have the foreknowledge up to 2024.

4) Stop being a loner outcast nerd who played video games and work in various jobs in the summer. Get internships and connections.

5) Stop being a social outcast and go to parties, meet girls and go on dates.

6) Work on my physique because I was quite obese when I was in High School. And work on my fighting, combat skills like Lucas88 is doing. No motherf*ckers would mess with me. :lol: 8)

7) Build a network of reliable friends with Facebook and other social media. I didn't used Social Media at all in my High School days because I was a social outcast loser.

8. Save up money and travel to Vietnam, Parts of Europe, Balkans, etc. Meet lot of interesting people and women there.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What would you do if you could go back to your school days but with all the knowledge that you currently possess?

Post by MrMan »

Try to influence students in a more positive way. I might to to Indonesia earlier and find my wife sooner. But she's a little younger than me.

Probably scrape up some cash and invest in Apple and talk my parents into doing so. A $2000 investment in Apple back then would make one a millionaire now. That's probably less than $6000 in today's dollars.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Lucas88 wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 6:17 pm
The other day, while chatting over coffee, @Pixel--Dude and I discussed a hypothetical scenario:

What sort of things would we do if we were supernaturally teleported back to our days at secondary school except with all of the knowledge and understanding of the world as well as learned skills that we possess today?

Just to be clear, in this scenario we would once again have the body and physical attributes of our school-aged selves but at the same time our current adult mind and level of life experience.

As for myself, I would do the following:

Not to sound like a PAG-like conceited braggart, but my combat skills are quite developed. After my time at secondary school I trained extensively in Brazilian Jiujitsu and No-Gi grappling and then took up MMA, adding freestyle wrestling and Muay Thai to my arsenal. I'm a formidable grappler and have a decent level of striking.

With all of this martial knowledge, I would thoroughly kick the shit out of any bullies and wannabe tough guys that tried to start on me. Back at school (real timeline) I only knew how to swing wildly and use a few basic grappling techniques, but in the hypothetical timeline I'd whoop my opponents with much more sophisticated techniques such as crisp Muay Thai combinations including low-kicks, elbows and knees, double-leg and high-crotch takedowns, armbars and rear-naked chokes, and even elaborate submissions like heel-hooks and twisters!

Twister submission – This is one helluva baddass spine lock!

I'd be fuckin' feared bro, because back then even the worst bullies at my school only knew very basic stuff or maybe some kickboxing at most, nothing like MMA or advanced grappling. I'd be the cock of the school, dudes would wanna be my buddy and girls would love me. 😎

2. Improve my physical training and supplements

I began lifting weights when I was 13. But in the hypothetical timeline, I would have a much more precise knowledge of training methods, nutrition and supplements and would therefore develop an ever better physique. I could even order Anavar from online suppliers. Melanotan wasn't well-known in the early 2000s but maybe I would be able to locate an international supplier and order it to my house. The purpose would be to get jacked and tanned and become a complete teenage sex god! 🔥

3. Game girls

Back at school I was socially awkward and suffered from crippling social anxiety and therefore didn't get very far with girls even when they took an interest in me, but with my current adult social skills and understanding of social interaction I would hit on all of the hot girls (those who were tanned or brown and had good titties and ass) and bang many of them. I'd even try to bang some of the Milf teachers like a little Chadlet! 🍑🔥🌮🍆

4. Be a total smartass

Most of the stuff that I've learned comes from self-study long after school. Today I have quite decent knowledge of subjects like history, philosophy, foreign languages, certain areas of science, and the occult.

In the hypothetical timeline, I'd just ace exams and probably know more than my teachers. I'd speak Spanish better than my language teachers. I'd be considered a little Leonardo Da Vinci! 😂😂😂

5. Make money by unconventional means

In the hypothetical timeline, I'd have foreknowledge of the results of famous sporting events and so I'd bet money on the winning teams and rake it in. 😎

I'd also have some idea of what companies were doing well at that time and try to maximize my income with the stock market. 🤑

Bonus – Make a prophetic hoax

Since in the hypothetical timeline I'd know much of the future up until 2024, I would write a document titled "Visions of the Future from a Modern Prophet" and include detailed descriptions of inventions and cultural developments from the late 2000s to the early 2020s including things like the generative AI, geopolitics, elections and other significant world events. I'd distribute printed copies of the document and upload versions of it to various places on the internet just before returning to our current timeline after graduation. In time people would come to genuinely believe that I was a prophet. Or my prophetic hoax would at least become an urban legend. I'd do this just for the shits and giggles! Lmao! 🤣

All of the above if what I would do if I went back to my school days with all of my adult knowledge intact. What about you guys?
I do like this as a hypothetical question. I think i agree with most of your points and the bonus point of becoming a weird prophet who could predict things like the internet and even specifics of the pandemic and the war between Russia and Ukraine! That would be hilarious! :lol: I wish I thought of that first hahaha.

Fighting Skills: I'd get jacked! I'd work out more and learn more mma skills to add to my knowledge. I don't have the same level of training as Lucas, but I'm still pretty decent at Thai boxing and kick boxing I think. So I'd kick the asses of all these bully dickheads at school and become like a king!

Girls: There's a few girls at school I wouldn't minded have minded banging. There's one girl who looked like an Egyptian princess. Lucas88 nearly bagged her a few times! :mrgreen: she's pretty hot and worth a f**k. Maybe not now, but when I was at school I would've done her lol. I wouldn't waste time or energy dating some of the twats I dated after school. I'd give them a hard pass.

Erudition: Like what Lucas88 said, I'd be a philosophical little smart ass. I was a smart ass at school anyway, but I think at least in this hypothetical I'd actually have the knowledge to back it up :lol:

My behaviour: I wouldn't have been such a little ungrateful shit and made my parents lives so difficult. I'd have been more grateful for the help and support they've always offered me. I'd be more confident. I'd realise there isn't actually something wrong with me, that I wasn't a social outcast because I am a weirdo or a freak, rather that others are unnecessarily cruel and tribalistic. In any case, these shits would get their just desserts. :lol:

Savings: I'd save money and I think I'd invest more of it into travelling and seeing some of the world instead of going through a phase of drinking and experimenting with drugs alongside people I thought were friends but it turned out they don't actually give a shit about me at all. So savings I'd invest my money and time more wisely. I'd see some of the world and what it has to offer, this is one of my biggest regrets as now I feel like I'm heavily restricted because of parental and other obligations.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

I would drop out of my old High School, get a GED and go into the trades such as Welding, Plumbing, Electrician and others.

Screw High School and University, they are waste of time and money. High school is where my life turned for the worst. I was happy in middle school.

Even in UK, I know people prioritizes on University instead of the trades.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:06 am
Girls: There's a few girls at school I wouldn't minded have minded banging. There's one girl who looked like an Egyptian princess. Lucas88 nearly bagged her a few times! :mrgreen: she's pretty hot and worth a f**k. Maybe not now, but when I was at school I would've done her lol. I wouldn't waste time or energy dating some of the twats I dated after school. I'd give them a hard pass.
Since we attended secondary school in the early to mid 2000s, the quality of girls even in our hometown in the North of England was still decent—certainly much more decent than it is today—and there were a few girls and teachers at our school that were more than bangable.

The girl in question who you described as an "Egyptian princess" was indeed one of the hottest girls at our school and she's even hotter today now that she's thickened out a little and has the body of a total mamasota. 🥰 I always wondered about the origin of her unique phenotype, whether she's simply a genetic outlier or has some exotic admixture like Romani blood or something. Definitely a fine woman in every sense.

It's true that I had various chances to get with her. She flirted with me on several occasions but I blew it each time due to my social anxiety. The level of regret is high. I didn't begin to approach even a minimum of competence with girls until much later. Still, I feel like I have to compensate for missed opportunities. I barely had any success with girls at school and so today I am a sex addict who feels the urge to sleep with hundreds of exotic babes, mostly Latinas.

There were some hot teachers at our school too. A few hot PE teachers with tight banging bodies, some cute French teachers who were actually from France, and that blonde science teacher with big titties. Oh, and that RE teacher who had massive knockers wasn't bad either but she was a lesbo. Lol! 😂

Secondary school was awesome. It was the last period of happiness in my life before everything became shit. I didn't reencounter any similar semblance of happiness again until I moved abroad in my early 20s.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 6:12 pm
I would drop out of my old High School, get a GED and go into the trades such as Welding, Plumbing, Electrician and others.

Screw High School and University, they are waste of time and money. High school is where my life turned for the worst. I was happy in middle school.

In the UK, what we call "high school" is actually secondary school and lasts from ages 11 to 15. After that there is sixthform college which consists of two academic years and offers A Levels.

So for my hypothetical question I meant what would you do if you were transported back to age 11 and had to relive all of secondary school again but with all of the knowledge and life experience that you currently have as an adult. A pretty fun hypothetical if you ask me. 😂

As for the real world, trades such as plumbing are among the best avenues for making decent money in this day and age. They will be the most resistant to automation. ChatGPT and then soon much more sophisticated AGI programs will be writing code far better than any human and putting all of the smart people with fancy degrees out of work, but humble plumbers will still be charging hundreds for fixing broken toilets or fitting boilers. 😂
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

1) They're assholes and it doesn't matter what they think or say.

That would have stood me in good stead in school

2) Most of the teachers had been nowhere and done nothing.

That also would have stood me in good stead - of course there were good teachers and good kids at the school I wen to

3) Took up long distance running.

That would have done so much for me mentally as well as physically

4) Mars bars, twixes and monster munch aren't good for you

But I would have still ate them anyway.

5) Took up discus throwing, javelin or shot put and took it seriously

Because I think I might have done something with it

6) I would still be listening to the same music 40 years later

And laughed...

7) I would have probably should have gone to South America instead of going in the army at 18.

That was the right thing for me to do in reality but my mum had a bug up her arse about us 'making it' before going there and meeting her family so that that wasn't part of the plan then - I should have just ignored her.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Lucas88 wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 6:17 pm

Funny, the 'cock' of my year and eventually the cock of the school is now dead - he took his 'fighting' ability out of the school gates and into the wide world and got badly hurt more than once - he was a hard case but got smashed about with a hammer, stabbed etc - maybe if he didn't think he was Segal and went around trying to prove it he would be alive today.

What you want to be is the kid nobody wants to f**k around with which of course with your skills you would be that person - would you want the hassle of the other hard kids from the other schools challenging you etc? And none of the girls at my old school fancied the cock of the school - maybe if he was better looking? :lol: outside his inner circle (who were also all 'hard' but were actually all right) - the people who wanted to befriend him were scared of him - I never did, I thought he was a prick :lol: there you go, he was in the paper the year before he died being done for assault so yeah... I don't know how he went but it was a sad, angry and violent life and he died young whilst achieving absolutely nothing. :(
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

And finally, girls - when I was a teenager - I was a fat and smelly kid with a massive Afro so nobody fancied me but if I had took up the long distance running which I love doing now I would have looked like the crooner of the time Glenn Medeiros who loads of girls fancied so I would have got laid if I sorted out my weight, hygiene and other factors like got my hair more like Glenn Medeiros and even if I had the knowledge I had now - I would have got some of the hotties cluelessly pregnant :lol: I am glad that didn't happen and teenage romances and crushes weren't part of my life but if I had more of a clue about how to present myself and be more attractive to teenage girls then I would have done really well because I had it going for me - I was a tall, better looking version of Glenn Medeiros and was 16 when he had his massive hit and loads of girls loved him but if that did happen, I would now be a grandfather and the child support would have been astromical. Glad I swerved it!
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

yick wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 4:19 am
Funny, the 'cock' of my year and eventually the cock of the school is now dead - he took his 'fighting' ability out of the school gates and into the wide world and got badly hurt more than once - he was a hard case but got smashed about with a hammer, stabbed etc - maybe if he didn't think he was Segal and went around trying to prove it he would be alive today.

What you want to be is the kid nobody wants to f**k around with which of course with your skills you would be that person - would you want the hassle of the other hard kids from the other schools challenging you etc? And none of the girls at my old school fancied the cock of the school - maybe if he was better looking? :lol: outside his inner circle (who were also all 'hard' but were actually all right) - the people who wanted to befriend him were scared of him - I never did, I thought he was a prick :lol: there you go, he was in the paper the year before he died being done for assault so yeah... I don't know how he went but it was a sad, angry and violent life and he died young whilst achieving absolutely nothing. :(
Oh no, I wouldn't want to be like that guy. ☹️ That guy sounds like he had a criminal mentality. I on the other hand have a much more agreeable nature, tend to keep a low profile and only ever fought bullies who tried to pick on me.

I'm of the view that it's usually better to influence others through persuasion and respect rather than coercion or intimidation. In my hypothetical scenario, I would teach other students some of my combat techniques and maybe even impart formal classes to a select group. Thus I would make many valuable allies and ensure that I would always have a loyal entourage looking out for me and prepared to have my back. 👍
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:09 pm
March 14th, 2024, 6:12 pm

In the UK, what we call "high school" is actually secondary school and lasts from ages 11 to 15. After that there is sixthform college which consists of two academic years and offers A Levels.

So for my hypothetical question I meant what would you do if you were transported back to age 11 and had to relive all of secondary school again but with all of the knowledge and life experience that you currently have as an adult. A pretty fun hypothetical if you ask me. 😂

As for the real world, trades such as plumbing are among the best avenues for making decent money in this day and age. They will be the most resistant to automation. ChatGPT and then soon much more sophisticated AGI programs will be writing code far better than any human and putting all of the smart people with fancy degrees out of work, but humble plumbers will still be charging hundreds for fixing broken toilets or fitting boilers. 😂
Interesting.. UK's education system is different from America's
America
Elementary School: 1st to 6th grade (age 6 to 12)
Middle School: 7th to 8th grade (age 13 to 14)
High School: 9th to 12th grade (age 15 to 18)
College or community college( age 18 to 20)
or
University(age 18 to 22)

Well if I transported back to age 11, then I wouldn't have moved to sh*thole suburban town called "Oradell". I should've stayed in predominately
Spanish town of "Fairview". Moving to Oradell was the worst choice in my life because it was filled with dumbass American handegg "football" obsessed whites and nerdy selfish cold hearted Asians instead of fun Latinos.

At age of 11, I don't have lot of control of my life and what I did doesn't make an impact.
I was too young to have a brokerage account since the age for setting up one was 18 years old, so I couldn't trade stocks and internet back then was not developed as of now. Nothing I can do to change at age of 11.

However, I was happier in Elementary and Middle school because I had friends despite being bullied by dumbass American Handegg Clique at the same time. Then everything turned to sh*t in High school when I got betrayed and excluded by my own clique and left to fend off myself...

Yeah.. I should've quit High school and learn a trade such as Welding, Plumbing, Electrician, Carpentry etc. They make up to 100k USD when your experienced and you can take your skills to Austrailia and Saudi Arabia(also pays well).

The irony is that all those fancy schmency Master degreed jobs are going to be replaced by Generative A.I instead of all the blue collar trades jobs.
:lol: 8)
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Especially in high school I was very concerned what popular kids thought. This was the jocks in my small school. I was stupid enough to care what other people thought and I didn't date many cute girls that the jocks had not already pre-approved as being good looking. By the time the jocks had decided a girl was good looking, one of them was already dating her. Many cute girls I spotted before the jocks did, I could have dated them. Instead I didn't. If I went back to do it again, I would not have cared what other people thought, I would have dated the girls I found attractive from the start. It was a big waste of time, ever caring what other people thought about me, who I dated, or who my friends were. Anything. Once I got to college I never gave a shit what anyone else thought. Caring what people think, no matter how old you are, is a stupid waste of time. It is your life, live it.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Probably catch a venereal disease taking advantage of all the lost opportunities.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

March 15th, 2024, 8:22 am
Yeah.. I should've quit High school and learn a trade such as Welding, Plumbing, Electrician, Carpentry etc. They make up to 100k USD when your experienced and you can take your skills to Austrailia and Saudi Arabia(also pays well).
Where is this. The last I heard, union electricians were making about what they did 30 years ago in one city, without wage increases for inflation, so I'm thinking it was $40 an hour.

But this would be going out to the union hall, going to a job site and working for that hourly wage. I am not talking about house calls. Maybe these tradesmen who companies that do home visits for repairs a living can make that much if they manage their business well. It's a hassle and a lot of the ones in the union would rather just do the commercial and industrial. Having to pay dues, if they follow the rules, for wildcat work for houses makes doing houses undesirable for union electricians in some parts of the US that have weaker unions, at least. I don't know about the northeast.