Tsar do not go to Odessa

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Tsar do not go to Odessa

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 7:28 am
Voyager1 wrote:
March 18th, 2024, 5:57 am
Leave him alone, I think he already made up his mind.
Hey I never wrote that. That was NBC. You intentionally or hopefully unintentionally misquoted me. @Pixel--Dude Please put a warning on Yohan's account. It is a clear violation of forum rules to misquote another user.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

There's no way this could be an honest mistake. Yohan deliberately misquoted me. What could be his motivation? I've never had trouble with him before.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

One of the mods edited Yohan's post. I have it screenshoted. @Winston can you check this?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 3:57 pm
One of the mods edited Yohan's post. I have it screenshoted. @Winston can you check this?
I edited it. You were upset that Yohan quoted something NBC said as you so I corrected his mistake. Isn't that what you wanted? Do you want it editing back to how it was?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Still I want Yohan warned. It's a very serious matter to misquote someone. It compromises the integrity of the forum.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

How does Yohan's misquote cause any damage to your reputation? I honestly think he just made a mistake and thought you said that. I don't see any harm in what was said. If it was something that would cause damage to your reputation then maybe I'd give him a warning. As it stands right now I don't think this warrants a warning at all. Besides, the post has been corrected.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 3:10 pm
There's no way this could be an honest mistake. Yohan deliberately misquoted me. What could be his motivation? I've never had trouble with him before.
@Voyager1
@Pixel--Dude

Yes, correct, the quote was written by Natural_Born_Cynic and it was my answer to him (using the quote option) and not to Voyager1.

I have absolutely no idea, how Voyager1's name got into my reply instead of Natural_Born_Cynic.
Voyager1's name is nowhere even mentioned in the original comment from Natural_Born_Cynic.

Sorry for inconvenience, but I have no explanation for that, never had any intention to misquote anybody.

Also I never had any dispute with both members, Voyager1 and Natural_Born_Cynic (despite we have a rather different opinion about various topics).

Yohan
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Yohan wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 10:35 pm
Voyager1 wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 3:10 pm
@Voyager1
@Pixel--Dude

Yes, correct, the quote was written by Natural_Born_Cynic and it was my answer to him (using the quote option) and not to Voyager1.

I have absolutely no idea, how Voyager1's name got into my reply instead of Natural_Born_Cynic.
Voyager1's name is nowhere even mentioned in the original comment from Natural_Born_Cynic.

Sorry for inconvenience, but I have no explanation for that, never had any intention to misquote anybody.

Also I never had any dispute with both members, Voyager1 and Natural_Born_Cynic (despite we have a rather different opinion about various topics).

Yohan
I believe you. There you have it, @Voyager1. Yohan doesn't know how that happened and I've amended the comment anyway. So there's no need to take this any further. We're all good.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

There must be some malfunction of the software then. @Yohan I did not mean to (falsely) accuse you of anything.

Have a good day sir and thank you for your contribution to this forum.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 2:35 am
There must be some malfunction of the software then. @Yohan I did not mean to (falsely) accuse you of anything.
Have a good day sir and thank you for your contribution to this forum.
@Voyager1
@Pixel--Dude

Thank for your replies,

There is for sure something wrong with the software or settings etc. with this forum. I cannot believe that the fault is with the provider.

Something within this HA database is broken, no idea how to fix this. I have no access to Winston's forum.
Server software like for a forum should have a database repair option, in general it will operate only correctly and fast if at least 20 % are empty disk space, further old data after updating sometimes are broken and I suggested to remove everything which is older than 10 or 15 years, and also to remove profiles of a huge number of 'members' /and/or sockpuppets who created a profile 10 years ago, never came back, never wrote a single comment etc.

I have very often now trouble to log in, comments sometimes after trying to post them disappear, some edited pages were showing up again with the old text and so on. Sometimes I use the refresh command 10 times or more to connect to this forum or to send or edit a posting etc.

Natural_Born_Cynic and I also share the same observation, also posted in the shoutbox, but my last shoutbox posting disappeared and I wrote it several times until I could see it on the screen etc.

However it is my first time that obviously in a quote even names of members are mixed up.

Question to both of you: Do you also observe trouble with this forum, like long response time, unable to login, refresh or even rewrite your comments which do not appear after sending them etc..???
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

For me the forum is occasionally lightning fast. Other times it lags or freezes. My philosophy is just keep trying in order to make a post.

Some have suggested @Winston delete x number of posts going back to this year or that year. My impression is he wants to keep it all. Every post from the inception of the forum. These hold some sentimental value to him. The database itself may be corrupt and probably is. So Winston will have to make a choice - keep all the posts from the beginning or sacrifice them for the sake of speed and functionality. Should we take a vote on this? For me I couldn't care less about posts made 10 years ago. They hold no relevance for today.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Yohan
@Pixel--Dude

Uh oh.. Better not piss off Mr Voyager1. He will report on people for the slightest insult. :lol: Winston should make him a moderator now because he thinks he is the new sheriff in town.

But this entire website is very dodgy. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow as hell and I need tor refresh 3-5 times to just to access to the page or just to post anything on the shoutbox or at the forum. I think, this is the reason for the recent lack of participation of some of the members here...
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 18th, 2024, 1:41 pm
Tsar wrote:
March 18th, 2024, 1:33 pm
March 18th, 2024, 12:14 pm
Too bad all of your "Young Virgin girls" will be conscripted or they will volunteer into the Ukrainian military anyway and come back as charred hamburger corpse. I'm just sayin. Be careful what your getting into. The Russians are known to do "double tap" artillery strike to also destroy the emergency workers and rescuers too.
Youthful girls don't get conscripted and females rarely volunteer or get conscripted.

The Ukrainians also use "double tap" artillery strikes.
They do now. Check this out. The witch is kinda hot... I don't know if she still lives or not.

So the question is whether the cameramen were careful to only choose hot or at least cute Ukrainian women solders or are just about all the young women in Ukraine attractive, and they were just filming random soldiers. I saw only one face that wasn't particularly attractive, just scanning through the clips.

Maybe they could use these clips to recruit whatever young Ukranian men are left hiding, so they'd want to fight alongside Ukranian beauties.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MrMan wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 6:30 pm
March 18th, 2024, 1:41 pm
Tsar wrote:
March 18th, 2024, 1:33 pm
March 18th, 2024, 12:14 pm
Too bad all of your "Young Virgin girls" will be conscripted or they will volunteer into the Ukrainian military anyway and come back as charred hamburger corpse. I'm just sayin. Be careful what your getting into. The Russians are known to do "double tap" artillery strike to also destroy the emergency workers and rescuers too.
Youthful girls don't get conscripted and females rarely volunteer or get conscripted.

The Ukrainians also use "double tap" artillery strikes.
They do now. Check this out. The witch is kinda hot... I don't know if she still lives or not.

So the question is whether the cameramen were careful to only choose hot or at least cute Ukrainian women solders or are just about all the young women in Ukraine attractive, and they were just filming random soldiers. I saw only one face that wasn't particularly attractive, just scanning through the clips.

Maybe they could use these clips to recruit whatever young Ukranian men are left hiding, so they'd want to fight alongside Ukranian beauties.
I don't know maybe.. Beautiful "Shield Maiden" Hot warrior women can be used as last ditch "recruiting tools" for the battered Ukrainian military.
However, They are not going to make any difference in defending against tide of Russian Tanks, Artillery, Glide Bombs, FSP drones, hypersonic missiles, etc. Whether your John Rambo or average conscripted Ukrainian territorial guard, you will be equally vaporized in matter of minutes.

I don't want to comment further about Ukraine anymore because just had a "merry go round of sh*t" with all the pro Ukrainian members here. :lol: I'm bit burned out and had to declare a truce not to talk about Ukraine with one of the guys. :lol: Now I don't give a f*ck about Ukraine anymore....
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!