Are we considered Sigma Males? I thought everyone was either Alpha or Beta?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Are we considered Sigma Males? I thought everyone was either Alpha or Beta?

Post by Winston »

Check out this definition of Sigma males. Is this us? Are we considered Sigma since we are intellectual and aware, but freethinkers and misfits too? I never heard this term before. How come it's not more common? I thought everyone was either Alpha or Beta and that there were only two groups?

https://www.wikihow.com/Sigma-Male

https://www.wikihow.com/Sigma-Male-vs-Alpha-Male

I always thought that everyone was either alpha or beta. I didn't know there were more categories. But all this seems too black and white though. Aren't many people between categories? For example, could we be on the spectrum between Sigma and Gamma rather than squarely in one category? Especially since reality is nuanced and not black and white?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are we considered Sigma Males? I thought everyone was either Alpha or Beta?

Post by Winston »

Wow check out Filipina Pea, the most popular Filipina on YouTube, talking about how Sigma Males do best in the Philippines and why. Her caricature of the Alpha male is a bit of a straw man though, but everyone on YouTube does that and exaggerates for some reason.

She says you can take this quiz to find out what type you are here:

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/13975168/Wh ... -vs-Others

My comments below Pea's video:

@happierabroad
11 minutes ago (edited)
Pea, your caricature of the alpha male is a bit of a straw man. Sorry. But it seems everyone on YouTube uses such straw mans that no one claims to be. Also that quiz you linked above isn't legit. No matter how you answer the questions, it tells you you are a beta male. Hence it's a joke quiz, not serious.

@happierabroad
1 minute ago (edited)
How come most Americans won't consider leaving America? Everyone thinks you have to stay in America and fix all the problems and "make America great again". But why stay on a sinking Titanic? It makes no sense. Isn't it more logical to get off a sinking ship? I've been telling people to leave America since 2002, but most won't listen or consider it and see my solution as taboo and not worth even discussing. Very strange. Anyone else notice the same?

@happierabroad
20 minutes ago (edited)
Misfits tend to do well in the Philippines, because they feel accepted there. But some think we sigmas are gamma males, which are losers. What do you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Winston wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 6:38 pm
Check out this definition of Sigma males. Is this us? Are we considered Sigma since we are intellectual and aware, but freethinkers and misfits too? I never heard this term before. How come it's not more common? I thought everyone was either Alpha or Beta and that there were only two groups?

https://www.wikihow.com/Sigma-Male

https://www.wikihow.com/Sigma-Male-vs-Alpha-Male

I always thought that everyone was either alpha or beta. I didn't know there were more categories. But all this seems too black and white though. Aren't many people between categories? For example, could we be on the spectrum between Sigma and Gamma rather than squarely in one category? Especially since reality is nuanced and not black and white?
The idea of the Sigma Male was popularized by Manosphere author Vox Day's "Socio-Sexual Hierarchy".

The Socio-Sexual Hierarchy postulates that there are five main categories of males. These include:

Alphas – Natural leaders and highly masculine/dimorphic males who tend to dominate in hierarchies.

Betas – High-ranking males who rise to the position just below the leaders and become sort of like a right-hand man to the Alphas.

Deltas – Average rank-and-file guys.

Gammas – Misfits who are below average or considered undesirable yet believe that they should rank much higher than what they actually do. Often have a huge ego, a delusional self-concept, frustration with their low actual status in the Socio-Sexual Hierarchy, and a "secret king complex".

Omegas – The lowest-of-the-low neckbeard types that no girl wants.

Please note that under this classification scheme the term "Beta" is used differently. Here a Beta is just one step below the Alpha and therefore occupies a relatively high rank, while a Delta represents what most people think of as "Beta".

This five-tier classification scheme includes more nuance than the simplistic alpha-beta dichotomy.

Then, in addition to these five main types, there is the Sigma, a highly desirable yet independent-minded type of male who is equal to the Alpha yet exists outside of the confines of the hierarchy and simply does his own thing.

Now, as for your question: Are most people at HA Sigma males?

The answer is no.

From what I've observed in my 2 years as an active member, most people here would fall into the categories of Delta and Gamma.

Sigmas are highly desirable to women (on par with Alphas) and get sex with ease. Sigmas are freethinking and march to the beat of their own drum but at the same time they're highly capable, worldly and sexually successful.

The typical HA forum member today however isn't a Sigma at all. He's more likely to be awkward with women if not an outright incel. I could probably count the Sigmas here on one hand.

Remember that here we're talking about the Socio-Sexual Hierarchy—it isn't a ranking of how unique or freethinking you are; it's all about where you place in terms of sexual desirability and success.

You can be as freethinking and independent-minded as you like but if you're not highly desirable to women you're not a Sigma.

As a final note, the theory's author explicitly states that the categories are fluid and that it's possible to move from one to another in light of circumstances or through conscious effort. You can, for example, be a Gamma and move up to a higher position.
Last edited by Lucas88 on May 6th, 2024, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Now how does all of this tie in with the HA thing?

Remember that your position in the Socio-Sexual Hierarchy is a reflection of how sexually desirable you are in a particular environment.

You might be able to elevate yourself to a higher position in some foreign countries.

For example, an American could be a mostly dateless Gamma male in the US but then become a Delta or Beta in the Philippines where his sexual desirability will be inflated due to his US nationality, Caucasian phenotype, height, superior socio-economic level, etc.

This is how guys who are considered "losers" or "undesirables" in the US can often do well elsewhere—it's all to do with status inflation.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But if most of us are Gamma that means we are below the average Delta males who are the masses? Lol. Geez.

I heard that in the spiritual world the hierarchy is like a diamond in that the lower you go out the bottom, the higher you begin to ascend in the spirit world. Howdie Mickoski made an insightful video about this. See below.

https://youtu.be/R71F8iQFkB8?si=OejgYZ0D9vdYUi82

https://youtu.be/QZM9iKYXHVo?si=IEv4Sou_joy8Fe5w

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This channel is all about Sigma Males ...

https://youtu.be/pCfp9StbPH0?si=t1BVvSWqBem2Kle3
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs