In America, you need to meet women through your friends!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

jamesbond wrote:
Enishi wrote:Yeah, in America you gotta build up your social network first. With all the women I've slept with over the past year, it was always with someone who already knew someone I know, kinda like having a reference sheet.

For several years prior to this, being friends with another guy who didnt really have any other friends in our immediate area (combined with poor social skills) resulted in us both being caught in an endless loop of not meeting ANYONE.
Yes, in America you need to have a social network of people that you can meet women through. Without that, it will be difficult to meet women on your own.

It's much easier being introduced to a woman, than it is doing "cold approaches." Trying to meet women at bars and clubs is very difficult as well.
Jamesbond, I think it's also important to point out the following: In America, it is next to impossible to make friends and build a social network after high school and college. If you don't have a secure social network by around age 22 (your typical college graduation age), you are going to have a difficult time getting friends to introduce you to women or even just to be able to hang out and talk with.

Do you agree with this?
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

This is true, but that is like EIGHT freaking years of your life that you can make friends in. EIGHT....not to mention middle school where i still have some honest bros.

Now if someone cant make at least SOME friends in EIGHT years, something is wrong there consdering how easy it is to meet people in school. If you add in grad school, where people become very close often depnding on the program, that could be 13 years.

8-13 years of routine where you meet people on daily basis....Sounds like a good opportunity for me.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Where's all this free time people always talk about? You won't have any in college if you're serious about getting a career.

Frosh week is pretty much your last opportunity.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

I had a deja vu. Well anyways, good luck on having friends set you up with women. Guys like me, my friends don't want to or their wives/girlfriends. I remember a sew years ago, asked if they knew any lady friends to hook me up. They said no, then a few weeks later. They talk about how they wanted to hook up so and so with some girls they know. Also, I swear when one of those days, I appear for a party or some sorts. These lady friends are there and they show interest in me, all of a sudden, my friends or their wives/girlfriends block me. Fucken swear they say bad shit about me when I just go.

But who cares, they think I'm a traitor cause I go overseas to find a woman and have fun. They even go so far as insulting these beautiful women. I just ask them if they know at least two languages, look like a model without trying and have anything intelligent to talk about(all they care is celebrities and shit). As for friends, just find people who ain't the types who drag you down, people who enhances you.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Dark_Sol wrote:I had a deja vu. Well anyways, good luck on having friends set you up with women. Guys like me, my friends don't want to or their wives/girlfriends. I remember a sew years ago, asked if they knew any lady friends to hook me up. They said no, then a few weeks later. They talk about how they wanted to hook up so and so with some girls they know. Also, I swear when one of those days, I appear for a party or some sorts. These lady friends are there and they show interest in me, all of a sudden, my friends or their wives/girlfriends block me. Fucken swear they say bad shit about me when I just go.

But who cares, they think I'm a traitor cause I go overseas to find a woman and have fun. They even go so far as insulting these beautiful women. I just ask them if they know at least two languages, look like a model without trying and have anything intelligent to talk about(all they care is celebrities and shit). As for friends, just find people who ain't the types who drag you down, people who enhances you.
My worst dating experiences were because of a "hook up" through friends. You start to learn why those people are their friends and not your friends.....
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

free time is in the time management. Im econ/cs major, varsity athlete at princeton and i still party once a week....i know guys in EE who have 3.8+ and party hard....

sucks to be one of those who has to go to every class/do every hw to get As though
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

mrmillersd wrote:free time is in the time management. Im econ/cs major, varsity athlete at princeton and i still party once a week....i know guys in EE who have 3.8+ and party hard....

sucks to be one of those who has to go to every class/do every hw to get As though
U.S. colleges, especially the Ivies, are notorious for grade inflation. No one in engineering at my uni was getting A's, outside of maybe intro classes. Much less someone who writes like a bro.

Keep living in fantasy land.
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

Yeah its true-ivies are inflation x10000

but the top companies, MBB, Big 4 accounting, etc. gobble up grads every year :) my roomate art history major is working as a goldman analyst
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

mrmillersd wrote:This is true, but that is like EIGHT freaking years of your life that you can make friends in. EIGHT....not to mention middle school where i still have some honest bros.

Now if someone cant make at least SOME friends in EIGHT years, something is wrong there consdering how easy it is to meet people in school. If you add in grad school, where people become very close often depnding on the program, that could be 13 years.

8-13 years of routine where you meet people on daily basis....Sounds like a good opportunity for me.
This is a pretty broad generalization.

In some cases, it is VERY difficult to keep friends after high school and college. For me, personally, I hung out with the popular jocks/pretty boys in high school. After high school, I went to college and had a difficult major. Most of my high school friends either got into drugs or did nothing with their lives.

My college friends are now dispersed all over the country since we all had different career paths. Eventually, we simply lost touch with each other.

I didn't vibe well with people in my grad school class (there was only about 40). And the ones that I did, well, I moved 3000 miles away because of the military.

You are still in college, my friend. It is quite difficult to maintain friends after college because of jobs, marriage, or something as simple as looking at life differently.

With that said, I don't find it particularly difficult to build social networks. I've only lived in California for 8 months and I have two (one military, which I get 0 girls from......and one civilian, which I get many girls from :D ).
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Jeremy wrote:
mrmillersd wrote:free time is in the time management. Im econ/cs major, varsity athlete at princeton and i still party once a week....i know guys in EE who have 3.8+ and party hard....

U.S. colleges, especially the Ivies, are notorious for grade inflation. No one in engineering at my uni was getting A's, outside of maybe intro classes. Much less someone who writes like a bro.

This statement is total nonsense.

I was a biochemistry major in undergrad and finished with a 3.6. I had friends that were BE majors that finished with 3.8+ and partied like crazy. Some of the smartest (well book smart) people I've met were huge partiers and you'd never know that they were smart unless you really got to know them.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Maverick wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

I was a biochemistry major in undergrad and finished with a 3.6. I had friends that were BE majors that finished with 3.8+ and partied like crazy. Some of the smartest (well book smart) people I've met were huge partiers and you'd never know that they were smart unless you really got to know them.
I didn't know anyone like that. The people who did well in engineering busted their asses. Whether they admitted it or not. It's a ton of work no matter what your iq is.

Then again, everyone online's a Good Will Hunting type with a photographic memory.
Last edited by Jeremy on July 31st, 2013, 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Jeremy wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

I didn't know anyone like that. The people who did well in engineering busted their asses. Whether they admitted it or not. It's a ton of work no matter what your iq is.

Then again, everyone online is a Good Will Hunting type with a photographic memory.
I don't have a photographic memory. I do have pretty good time management skills though.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Maverick wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

Then again, everyone online is a Good Will Hunting type with a photographic memory.
I don't have a photographic memory. I do have pretty good time management skills though.
But not every one's super high energy and can handle a decent social life on top of all their academic responsibilities and other chores. Even with a lot of "free time." Personally, I found M-F so exhausting (between going to class, doing problem sets, going to the gym, and career b.s.) that socializing was the last thing I wanted to do on the weekends.

Just different biology I guess. Like how my roommate only needed 5 hours of sleep a night, while I need 9.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Jeremy wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Jeremy wrote: U.S. colleges, especially the Ivies, are notorious for grade inflation. No one in engineering at my uni was getting A's, outside of maybe intro classes. Much less someone who writes like a bro.

But not every one's super high energy and can handle a decent social life on top of all their academic responsibilities and other chores. Even with a lot of "free time." Personally, I found M-F so exhausting (between going to class, doing problem sets, going to the gym, and career b.s.) that socializing was the last thing I wanted to do on the weekends.

Just different biology I guess. Like how my roommate only needed 5 hours of sleep a night, while I need 9.
Well, I lived at home and commuted so I didn't really have any chores. I made friends with a few guys in a dorm room and stayed over their place as the 5th roommate through most of my time in college.

I still slept a lot. So no, it's not really different biology lol. Though, for me at the time, I would have happily gone without sleep to get laid consistently. These days, I'm less willing to put that kind of work in to get AW.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Bane wrote:Jamesbond, I think it's also important to point out the following: In America, it is next to impossible to make friends and build a social network after high school and college. If you don't have a secure social network by around age 22 (your typical college graduation age), you are going to have a difficult time getting friends to introduce you to women or even just to be able to hang out and talk with.

Do you agree with this?
Yes Bane, I do agree with what you said, it is difficult to build a social network with people after you get out of school. After you are out of school, your friends either get married, move away or you simply lose touch with them.

After I graduated from college, my social life went into the toilet. It's difficult to make friends with people after you are out of school in America, because work takes up so much of your free time.

Most women in America prefer to meet guys through their friends, so it really helps if you have friends who can introduce you to women.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."