Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

'Lost' Series Finale

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

'Lost' Series Finale

Postby globetrotter » Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

I don't watch TV. At all.

Last month I d/l'ed the YouTube 8 minute recap of the series.

I immediately wanted those 8 minutes of my life back and cannot imagine spending 100 hours watching such crap for 6+ years.

Spoiler to end the series:
They were all dead the entire time from the very first episode and created The Island to deal with accepting death.

Lame, Lame, Lame.

I d/l'ed the finale and watched 30 minutes of it. I want those 30 minutes back, also.

During one class today I mentioned during my intro that I don't like watching TV. To the conformist Chinese who are all buying 60" plasma screens this makes no sense.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Postby Think Different » Tue May 25, 2010 3:40 pm

My wife and I had been sucked into watching Lost, and we loved it for the first few years, until the plot lines got so convoluted and twisted and the stories so drawn out that you couldn't follow it anymore. We got rid of TV in our house 8 months ago, and we don't miss it. SO MUCH less noise and political BS to listen to every day. If I want government propaganda, I can find it online. Anyhow, the Lost finale (on Hulu) really slayed me. At first, I was sitting there thinking, what the hell just happened? That's it? It's over? I found myself trying to find deeper rationales for the ending, thinking that maybe I'd missed something. After all, there were people in the end (like Penny) who were supposedly dead, but were not on the plane and had never died in the plane crash (or any other time). What's that all about? They were all just in Purgatory or something? The whole ending seemed like a rushed, poorly thought out, cop-out, instead of closing the story and answering the questions properly. Anyhow, you're right, a waste of time. That's why we got rid of TV. All my neighbors can't understand it. They just keep boozing it up with cheap beer and mega TVs, watching fat guys chasing a pigskin around a playing field. Personally, I think that whole phenomenon is an escapism...a way to forget the hell they live in, in this socially inept society. And yes, I feel the same way about soccer overseas. I prefer to PLAY sports, and not watch someone else play them, while I get drunk. Just my 2 cents.
Think Different
Junior Poster

A Few Unanswered Questions about LOST (LOUSED)

Postby Think Different » Thu May 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby FuzzX » Thu May 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I read on wikipedia during the FIRST season that they actually never had any direction with the show to begin with... that's when I stopped watching it. Too funny...

Here is a really awesome 30 second recap of the finale of LOST re-enacted by LOLcats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DShnvNNv0
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions