Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ishwri » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello people. Im going to be travelling overseas to many third world countries. Im not sure if many parts of some countries have internet or phone access. Does anyone know of any way I can get internet access on my laptop? Also what do travellers do for cell phone access overseas to talk with people in the U.S.? What services do they use? thanks
Freshman Poster

Postby Jackal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Er, could you be more specific which region you're interested in? The world's pretty big, ya know... and there are different systems and companies in different places.

Just as a random example, I've been to a hotel in a remote fairly remote part of Romania where they had wireless internet access. Almost any country will have local companies which are internet service providers. In Hungary, the cable TV companies are the biggest internet service providers. I pay less than 20 USD per month for high-speed internet access and about 15 TV channels (who needs more? I've got the internet).

In order to get internet access, you probably need some kind of residence permit which proves that you live in the country at a certain address.
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions