Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Myth of Confidence

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby PrisonerOfLife » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 am

Competence and inner development begets confidence. It is NOT the other way around, like popular culture would have you believe.
Freshman Poster

Postby sushiman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 am

PrisonerOfLife wrote:Competence and inner development begets confidence.

Finally someone with common sense. The confidence and the *source* of the confidence is what women are attracted to. They can sense if.

Money and looking like a ken doll ain't it.
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Winston wrote:Here Steve Hoca debunks the myth of confidence and the "thoughts create reality" New Age belief with solid realistic examples that make sense. He basically makes the same argument as the OP, that confidence will not be effective unless it is based on something real, and has something real to back it up. You can't simply delude yourself to success with thoughts alone.

I pardon myself in advance for being one of the resident a-holes on this forum but my god continue to pimp Hoca and it's almost comical. I can watch about 2 minutes of the guy before I feel like jumping off a bridge. Difficult to take him seriously when he discusses the nuances of being confident when he himself can't even look into the camera for more than 5 seconds at a time.

I don't care if he ran a marathon or not. Hoca's a wet blanket and I have no interest in his point of view. He's depressing and he doesn't inspire me. Guess I'm tired of dateless guys who are seeking validation and sympathy for being alone. Atleast PUA dudes are trying to do something about it (whether they are successful or not is another topic).

Nevertheless, I don't agree with Hoca. Confidence doesn't have to based upon reality at all. Confidence is the way in which you carry yourself. It can be improved upon if you lack it. If you take any good actor and ask him him/her to portrait a confident character, most can pull it off. Is it artificial? Sure but who cares? Did you know that many actors are introverted and shy in real life? Look at Clint Eastwood. Does Clint come across as confident in his roles? Hell yes he does.

How do you portrait confidence? Be fearless. Walk up and ask that hot girl for her phone number. All she can say is no.

If you are out on a date, have the date planned out. Look good, smell good and sit up straight. Make sure and engage her in the conversation. Be confident to ask her questions about herself. Also, smile and look her in the eyes. It's not rocket science. Anybody can pull this off.

But this trait is VERY VERY important if you want to impress the ladies. Good to remember worms don't get first or second dates....just ask Hoca.
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions