How come my Asian cousins never had any problems in America?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How come my Asian cousins never had any problems in America?

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
April 9th, 2014, 1:01 pm
Hi all,
I was wondering why two people who grew up in the same environment and background could turn out so totally different. An example is me and my cousin Taylor. He's not a blood relative, but his parents and mine are very close, so he is like a cousin to me in that sense.
Taylor grew up under the same conditions and environment as me.
-----
How would you respond to that?
This is quite an easy question and an easy answer: This is normal. Children growing up even in the same environment, same living conditions, will develop differently.

This is the case even with brothers and sisters living very close together in a family.

The only exception I noticed is about identical twins, they have indeed very much in common, but still their way of life when getting older might turn out differently, because of their environment - despite there are even some rare situations known where identical male twins marry identical female twins...still not the same... even with their children...their children turning out to be rather differently, despite both couples are identical twins.

Simply said, the way of life of every human is different, regardless if the environment and background are the same or not....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Space Invaders wrote:
November 28th, 2023, 4:36 pm
"It could also be that they don't hate me, they are just indifferent to me and have nothing in common so they prefer not to talk to me at all as it would be pointless to them. That's what my cousin told me."

This is correct. You take yourself way too seriously, as usual.
Maybe so. However, you forget that they avoid me as if I'm a blazing sun that's too hot to be around, like vampires avoiding sunlight. That's kinda weird. If you were indifferent to someone, why would you need to avoid them or give them a cold shoulder and silent treatment like that? Wouldn't you at least be polite and talk about polite topics out of courtesy?

Also, keep in mind that we are all interconnected at the quantum level, so if someone dislikes you, can sense it in your gut. You can feel the energy of dislike from someone even if they don't show it. You know what I mean? We've all experienced that. Because thoughts are energy and if someone dislikes you, you can sense it. It's not imagination.

So again, why do many dislike me for no reason, even when I've done nothing wrong? I don't lie or cheat or make up stuff, like many do.

In the movie "Easy Rider" from 1969, Jack Nicholson said around the campfire, "Do you know why people hate us? Because we represent something that goes against everything they believe."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out my cousin's son's Work Experience and Resume. lol. Isn't this you guys' dream resume? lol. @MarcosZeitola and @publicduende wouldn't you love to have a resume like this too? lol. Do you guys see what I mean now when I say that Asians tend to be 100 percent materialistic and are only interested in making money? Only WHITE people are interested in Eastern spirituality/philosophy, but Asians are only interested in making money. This cousin is an example. Why am I the only one that sees the obvious?

@Pixel--Dude and @Lucas88 do you think you would vibe with this guy? lol. At least he's been in a Chinese Christian church before (see the last credit below) so at least he believes in something even though it's cliched.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-lai-420 ... xperience/
Head of Endurance Marketing, Financial Advisor ServicesHead of Endurance Marketing, Financial Advisor Services
Vanguard · Full-timeVanguard · Full-time
May 2023 - Present · 7 mosMay 2023 - Present · 7 mos
Malvern, Pennsylvania, United States · HybridMalvern, Pennsylvania, United States · Hybrid
TD logo
TDTD
4 yrs 3 mos4 yrs 3 mos
SVP, Merger Integration Lead, MarketingSVP, Merger Integration Lead, Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Jun 2022 - May 2023 · 1 yrJun 2022 - May 2023 · 1 yr
Selected to lead marketing integration for First Horizon Bank acquisition. Built strategic plan outlining key phases from deal close to brand conversion, across community engagement, sponsorship efforts, brand strategy, customer conversion and performance marketing. Specific focus in customer communications, growth/retention, data and marketing technology integration.Selected to lead marketing integration for First Horizon Bank acquisition. Built strategic plan outlining key phases from deal close to brand conversion, across community engagement, sponsorship efforts, brand strategy, customer conversion and performance marketing. Specific focus in customer communications, growth/retention, data and marketing technology integration.
SVP, Head of Customer and Retail MarketingSVP, Head of Customer and Retail Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Jun 2021 - Sep 2022 · 1 yr 4 mosJun 2021 - Sep 2022 · 1 yr 4 mos
Lead all retail channel marketing and customer initiatives. Led cross functional effort for launch of our new flagship branch in Manhattan, new integrated regional strategy for Florida market. Spearhead evolution of working models from centralized resource allocation models to pilot end to end marketing pods, accelerating the move towards full agile marketing teams.Lead all retail channel marketing and customer initiatives. Led cross functional effort for launch of our new flagship branch in Manhattan, new integrated regional strategy for Florida market. Spearhead evolution of working models from centralized resource allocation models to pilot end to end marketing pods, accelerating the move towards full agile marketing teams.
SVP, Head of Customer, Lending, & Wealth Product MarketingSVP, Head of Customer, Lending, & Wealth Product Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Jul 2020 - Jun 2021 · 1 yrJul 2020 - Jun 2021 · 1 yr
Led majority of all customer communications, across all lending, wealth, and customer, and emergency response initiatives. Team included product marketers, channel marketers, marketing technology leads, and customer marketers. Led launch of TD Double Up, our new flagship consumer credit card, with a cross functional effort to deliver the largest, fully integrated, full funnel marketing marketing campaign to date. Results to date have exceeded expectations by >25%, with additional brand lift study results showing 40% reduction in cost per lifted user. Led retention efforts after divestiture of TD Ameritrade business, leading to no significant attrition impacts. Led significant evolution of our customer marketing capabilities, launching a new Salesforce Marketing Cloud Instance, the first SFMC Journey Implementation for the enterprise, the first test of personalized 1:1 video in direct marketing, and first mutlivariate creative and copy test in the US. Results to date include 2.5x lift in email engagement, a 50% reduction in cost per funded unsecured loan, and double digit millions in contribution margin.Led majority of all customer communications, across all lending, wealth, and customer, and emergency response initiatives. Team included product marketers, channel marketers, marketing technology leads, and customer marketers. Led launch of TD Double Up, our new flagship consumer credit card, with a cross functional effort to deliver the largest, fully integrated, full funnel marketing marketing campaign to date. Results to date have exceeded expectations by >25%, with additional brand lift study results showing 40% reduction in cost per lifted user. Led retention efforts after divestiture of TD Ameritrade business, leading to no significant attrition impacts. Led significant evolution of our customer marketing capabilities, launching a new Salesforce Marketing Cloud Instance, the first SFMC Journey Implementation for the enterprise, the first test of personalized 1:1 video in direct marketing, and first mutlivariate creative and copy test in the US. Results to date include 2.5x lift in email engagement, a 50% reduction in cost per funded unsecured loan, and double digit millions in contribution margin.
SVP, Head of Customer MarketingSVP, Head of Customer Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Nov 2019 - Jul 2020 · 9 mosNov 2019 - Jul 2020 · 9 mos
End to end ownership of Customer Marketing across strategy and execution. Led cross functional COVID response team, developing customer insight strategies to respond to our customers' greatest needs, standing up new working models and routines to reduce execution time to days instead of months, and led strategy development for our eventual return to marketing plan. As interim Digital Marketing lead, hired new SVP and key senior managers to take assume leadership of team. Led cross functional employee engagement committee, leading to year over year improvement of engagement stats despite the pandemic.End to end ownership of Customer Marketing across strategy and execution. Led cross functional COVID response team, developing customer insight strategies to respond to our customers' greatest needs, standing up new working models and routines to reduce execution time to days instead of months, and led strategy development for our eventual return to marketing plan. As interim Digital Marketing lead, hired new SVP and key senior managers to take assume leadership of team. Led cross functional employee engagement committee, leading to year over year improvement of engagement stats despite the pandemic.
Head of Customer Marketing StrategyHead of Customer Marketing Strategy
Mar 2019 - Nov 2019 · 9 mosMar 2019 - Nov 2019 · 9 mos
Led roadmap and implementation of multichannel personalization strategy. Introduced Agile ways of working, launched multi touch, multi channel onboarding journey for retail checking.Led roadmap and implementation of multichannel personalization strategy. Introduced Agile ways of working, launched multi touch, multi channel onboarding journey for retail checking.
Neustar, Inc. logo
Principal, Marketing Advisory ServicesPrincipal, Marketing Advisory Services
Neustar, Inc.Neustar, Inc.
Aug 2017 - Feb 2019 · 1 yr 7 mosAug 2017 - Feb 2019 · 1 yr 7 mos
Greater Philadelphia AreaGreater Philadelphia Area
Engagement Lead for Neustar marketing solutions, across measurement and attribution (Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution), marketing technology (Data Management Platform, site customization solutions), and custom customer segmentation analysis for Fortune 500 clients. Drive alignment and discovery conversations, direct cross functional implementation teams, and deliver strategic insights and recommendations to client executive leadership.

• Identified significant overstatement of display marketing lift (70% client result vs 15% Neustar analysis) through multi touch attribution analysis for top 10 financial services company. Validated results via placebo testing and recommended budget shift to lower funnel performance marketing channels to improve marketing efficiency.
• Developed unified measurement solution (MMM + MTA) for multi banner retailer to uncover previous blind spots in traditional media effectiveness, connect offline and online conversions to calculate total marketing lift, and identify areas to renegotiate contracts such as Affiliate marketing, where last touch measurement vastly overstated conversion lift.
• Created strategic testing and change management roadmap for new marketing technology adoption for a large regional bank. Led implementation of Data Management Platform, development of customer segmentation analysis, and ran organizational best practices conversations with the CMO.
• Designed cross channel marketing tests and backward looking analyses to determine incremental lift of additional marketing touchpoints. Identified previous flaws in measurement framework and built new test strategy for clients to optimize across both channels and segments.
Engagement Lead for Neustar marketing solutions, across measurement and attribution (Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution), marketing technology (Data Management Platform, site customization solutions), and custom customer segmentation analysis for Fortune 500 clients. Drive alignment and discovery conversations, direct cross functional implementation teams, and deliver strategic insights and recommendations to client executive leadership. • Identified significant overstatement of display marketing lift (70% client result vs 15% Neustar analysis) through multi touch attribution analysis for top 10 financial services company. Validated results via placebo testing and recommended budget shift to lower funnel performance marketing channels to improve marketing efficiency. • Developed unified measurement solution (MMM + MTA) for multi banner retailer to uncover previous blind spots in traditional media effectiveness, connect offline and online conversions to calculate total marketing lift, and identify areas to renegotiate contracts such as Affiliate marketing, where last touch measurement vastly overstated conversion lift. • Created strategic testing and change management roadmap for new marketing technology adoption for a large regional bank. Led implementation of Data Management Platform, development of customer segmentation analysis, and ran organizational best practices conversations with the CMO. • Designed cross channel marketing tests and backward looking analyses to determine incremental lift of additional marketing touchpoints. Identified previous flaws in measurement framework and built new test strategy for clients to optimize across both channels and segments.
Capital One logo
Capital OneCapital One
3 yrs 10 mos3 yrs 10 mos
Director, Deposit Growth MarketingDirector, Deposit Growth Marketing
Oct 2015 - May 2017 · 1 yr 8 mosOct 2015 - May 2017 · 1 yr 8 mos
Lead integrated marketing strategy for nation's 8th largest bank and largest direct bank.

Manage $60M budget to drive deposit growth across all branch and direct products, via consumer led marketing initiatives in Mass Media, Digital, and Direct channels.

Lead cross functional team of passionate marketers, from data scientists to business analysts and brand strategists, delivering strategic initiatives from concept completely through execution.

Delivered 600% lift in marketing driven deposits growth since pivot back to deposits in 2015

Drive implementation of Agile/Scrum working methodology across two marketing pods, delivering step change business results while significantly increasing efficiency and generating leading employee engagement and adoption scores

Build relentless testing and innovation agenda across all aspects of marketing, including data segmentation automation and targeting, customer level creative testing, app fallout retargeting, and full funnel analytics implementationLead integrated marketing strategy for nation's 8th largest bank and largest direct bank. Manage $60M budget to drive deposit growth across all branch and direct products, via consumer led marketing initiatives in Mass Media, Digital, and Direct channels. Lead cross functional team of passionate marketers, from data scientists to business analysts and brand strategists, delivering strategic initiatives from concept completely through execution. Delivered 600% lift in marketing driven deposits growth since pivot back to deposits in 2015 Drive implementation of Agile/Scrum working methodology across two marketing pods, delivering step change business results while significantly increasing efficiency and generating leading employee engagement and adoption scores Build relentless testing and innovation agenda across all aspects of marketing, including data segmentation automation and targeting, customer level creative testing, app fallout retargeting, and full funnel analytics implementation
Director of Acquisitions and Digital Marketing, Consumer BankDirector of Acquisitions and Digital Marketing, Consumer Bank
Jan 2015 - Oct 2015 · 10 mosJan 2015 - Oct 2015 · 10 mos
Wilmington, DelawareWilmington, Delaware
• Own Consumer Bank marketing strategy for prospect acquisitions and card cross sell marketing, through the Onboarding of those customers, utilizing all digital and offline direct response channels
• Deliver 6X in new deposit growth via an aggressive test and learn strategy, balancing BAU NPV+ initiatives with continued investment in strategic initiatives and a robust innovation agenda.
• Led transformation of decision making criteria from a growth and account maximization to a profitability driven framework.
• Developed offer strategy learning agenda and framework to understand impacts to account growth and quality, testing across interest rates, cash incentives, and creative formats.
• Drove innovation in Digital Marketing efforts, through SEO improvements that drove organic search results to first page rankings, utilizing MCA/retargeting/pixel tracking to customize messaging in display and social network marketing, and optimizing our affiliate program to balance scalability with account quality.• Own Consumer Bank marketing strategy for prospect acquisitions and card cross sell marketing, through the Onboarding of those customers, utilizing all digital and offline direct response channels • Deliver 6X in new deposit growth via an aggressive test and learn strategy, balancing BAU NPV+ initiatives with continued investment in strategic initiatives and a robust innovation agenda. • Led transformation of decision making criteria from a growth and account maximization to a profitability driven framework. • Developed offer strategy learning agenda and framework to understand impacts to account growth and quality, testing across interest rates, cash incentives, and creative formats. • Drove innovation in Digital Marketing efforts, through SEO improvements that drove organic search results to first page rankings, utilizing MCA/retargeting/pixel tracking to customize messaging in display and social network marketing, and optimizing our affiliate program to balance scalability with account quality.
Director of Customer Marketing, Consumer BankDirector of Customer Marketing, Consumer Bank
Jun 2014 - Dec 2014 · 7 mosJun 2014 - Dec 2014 · 7 mos
Wilmington, DEWilmington, DE
• Led Customer Marketing Strategy for combined 9MM customers of Capital One 360 and legacy Capital One Bank.
• Managed $13MM budget and developed multi-channel integrated marketing plans to drive a 33% increase in self service/digital adoption, 20% of annual checking production in a 8 day period, and doubled cross sell response year over year.
• Initiated and launched campaigns for local branch marketing, including customer level offer development, branch collateral, and a brand new local Refer A Friend program across 800 branches that drove 15-20% of all new account bookings.
• Developed Integrated Mobile Deposit campaigns that lifted transactions 2X over previous run rates• Led Customer Marketing Strategy for combined 9MM customers of Capital One 360 and legacy Capital One Bank. • Managed $13MM budget and developed multi-channel integrated marketing plans to drive a 33% increase in self service/digital adoption, 20% of annual checking production in a 8 day period, and doubled cross sell response year over year. • Initiated and launched campaigns for local branch marketing, including customer level offer development, branch collateral, and a brand new local Refer A Friend program across 800 branches that drove 15-20% of all new account bookings. • Developed Integrated Mobile Deposit campaigns that lifted transactions 2X over previous run rates
Director of Customer Management, Capital One 360Director of Customer Management, Capital One 360
Aug 2013 - May 2014 · 10 mosAug 2013 - May 2014 · 10 mos
• Revamped new customer onboarding program, from data exploration and KPI identification, through developing our customer research agenda and leading to a holistic strategy governing early communications strategy with our customer base.
• Created a customer level segmentation to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability.
• Led our Black Friday Sale and Financial Independence Days Sale strategy, which produced 25% of our total annual account production over a 7 day period, produced 300MM PR impressions, and more than 140K entries in our Customer Love promotion.
• Built robust Customer Love program, ranging from surprise and delight moments in our social platforms and call center, to brand defining programmatic contests and sweepstakes.
• Improved Marketing efficiency and Net Promoter Score metrics 3x back to pre brand change levels after rebrand of ING Direct to Capital One 360.• Revamped new customer onboarding program, from data exploration and KPI identification, through developing our customer research agenda and leading to a holistic strategy governing early communications strategy with our customer base. • Created a customer level segmentation to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability. • Led our Black Friday Sale and Financial Independence Days Sale strategy, which produced 25% of our total annual account production over a 7 day period, produced 300MM PR impressions, and more than 140K entries in our Customer Love promotion. • Built robust Customer Love program, ranging from surprise and delight moments in our social platforms and call center, to brand defining programmatic contests and sweepstakes. • Improved Marketing efficiency and Net Promoter Score metrics 3x back to pre brand change levels after rebrand of ING Direct to Capital One 360.
ING DIRECTING DIRECT
5 yrs 10 mos5 yrs 10 mos
Senior Manager of Customer EngagementSenior Manager of Customer Engagement
Feb 2012 - Jul 2013 · 1 yr 6 mosFeb 2012 - Jul 2013 · 1 yr 6 mos
• Developed a data driven strategy to manage the engagement and profitability of 7.5M fiercely loyal customers that make up the largest digital bank in the country. Created a customer segmentation strategy to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability.
• Determined optimal marketing mix and optimized campaigns to drive the cross sell, upsell, and engagement strategy across digital, print, and mobile channels.
• Utilized SAS and various Business Intelligence tools to identify the key drivers of customer behavior, and subsequently developed a test and learn strategy to tease out the levers of engagement.
• Built individual level predictive models to forecast digital engagement, mobile adoption, and optimal channel mix.• Developed a data driven strategy to manage the engagement and profitability of 7.5M fiercely loyal customers that make up the largest digital bank in the country. Created a customer segmentation strategy to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability. • Determined optimal marketing mix and optimized campaigns to drive the cross sell, upsell, and engagement strategy across digital, print, and mobile channels. • Utilized SAS and various Business Intelligence tools to identify the key drivers of customer behavior, and subsequently developed a test and learn strategy to tease out the levers of engagement. • Built individual level predictive models to forecast digital engagement, mobile adoption, and optimal channel mix.
Database Marketing & Customer EngagementDatabase Marketing & Customer Engagement
Sep 2010 - Sep 2012 · 2 yrs 1 moSep 2010 - Sep 2012 · 2 yrs 1 mo
• Created detailed campaign reporting, customer lifetime value models, and other net present value models to evaluate past and future campaigns using both quantity and quality metrics.
• Utilize SAS and SQL to extract and analyze customer behavioral data.• Created detailed campaign reporting, customer lifetime value models, and other net present value models to evaluate past and future campaigns using both quantity and quality metrics. • Utilize SAS and SQL to extract and analyze customer behavioral data.
Senior Financial AnalystSenior Financial Analyst
Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 · 6 mosApr 2010 - Sep 2010 · 6 mos
• Responsible for providing key financial analysis and support for executive management and business leaders by creating advanced Excel models, utilizing IBM Cognos data warehouse applications, as well as comprehensive PowerPoint presentations.
• Developed detailed product and customer level profitability analyses. Led quarterly meetings with executive management to review outputs, outlining key variances to budget and identifying potential profitability improvements.
• Collaborated with Planning and Forecasting teams to create detailed monthly forecasting analysis.
• Created ad hoc reports and analyses as required, e.g. presentations for board meetings, comparative analysis of global ING Direct units.• Responsible for providing key financial analysis and support for executive management and business leaders by creating advanced Excel models, utilizing IBM Cognos data warehouse applications, as well as comprehensive PowerPoint presentations. • Developed detailed product and customer level profitability analyses. Led quarterly meetings with executive management to review outputs, outlining key variances to budget and identifying potential profitability improvements. • Collaborated with Planning and Forecasting teams to create detailed monthly forecasting analysis. • Created ad hoc reports and analyses as required, e.g. presentations for board meetings, comparative analysis of global ING Direct units.
AnalystAnalyst
Oct 2007 - Mar 2010 · 2 yrs 6 mosOct 2007 - Mar 2010 · 2 yrs 6 mos
• Created comprehensive quarterly industry analysis and board packages comparing ING Direct to all major competitors. Identified key metrics to measure success and strengths as well as areas for improvement.
• Developed RAROC, Embedded Value, and Product Profitability reporting for ING Direct Head Office.• Created comprehensive quarterly industry analysis and board packages comparing ING Direct to all major competitors. Identified key metrics to measure success and strengths as well as areas for improvement. • Developed RAROC, Embedded Value, and Product Profitability reporting for ING Direct Head Office.
ATX Communications logo
Manager of Corporate DevelopmentManager of Corporate Development
ATX CommunicationsATX Communications
May 2003 - Oct 2007 · 4 yrs 6 mosMay 2003 - Oct 2007 · 4 yrs 6 mos
• Led group responsible for cost reductions, profitability improvements and corporate strategy recommendations.
• Initiated and managed projects resulting in $6 million annualized cost savings and over $1 million in one time credits. Conducted initial analysis by creating financial and operational models, led vendor selection, and coordinated internal teams and external vendors to implement project.
• Developed detailed financial models and projects plans for potential mergers and acquisition targets, strategic scenario modeling to improve our unprofitable divisions, and operational plans to combat challenges in the regulatory environment.
• Identified opportunities for both revenue improvements and cost reductions by harnessing the power of our database and business intelligence solutions.• Led group responsible for cost reductions, profitability improvements and corporate strategy recommendations. • Initiated and managed projects resulting in $6 million annualized cost savings and over $1 million in one time credits. Conducted initial analysis by creating financial and operational models, led vendor selection, and coordinated internal teams and external vendors to implement project. • Developed detailed financial models and projects plans for potential mergers and acquisition targets, strategic scenario modeling to improve our unprofitable divisions, and operational plans to combat challenges in the regulatory environment. • Identified opportunities for both revenue improvements and cost reductions by harnessing the power of our database and business intelligence solutions.
After School Program CoordinatorAfter School Program Coordinator
Chinese Christian Church and CenterChinese Christian Church and Center
Sep 2002 - May 2003 · 9 mos
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

God dang. Isn't that resume the resume of a 1000 percent ideal role model corporate drone? lol. Don't you all envy that and wish you had that too? lol

Btw my cousin said that his son only had positive experiences in school. Everyone liked him in school. And he married his first girlfriend too. He was that clean and square. He only has positive experiences in life, no real problems. Now he has a lot of money, big house, career, great family and wife and kids, etc. Complete opposite of me. How do you guys explain that? How come we don't have a perfect life like that? Is my cousin exaggerating? It's as if her son is living in heaven on Earth and everything goes his way.

How do you explain that @MarcosZeitola and @publicduende and @Yohan? Is the universe just an asshole to some people like us, but totally kind and generous to people like him? Where is the tradeoff and ying and yang? Do you guys know anyone like this who has no problems and everything in their life goes nearly perfectly?

The same thing seems to be happening with my son in Las Vegas. No one is mean to him, no one bullies him, he only has positive experiences in school, etc. Is the universe taunting me and making fun of me deliberately? If so, that means the world and most people may not even be real right?

Or could it be that these cousins who have perfect square lives are NEUROTYPICAL and girls like people who are neurotypical, whereas we are not, so girls treat us like we are invisible? I heard that if you are not neurotypical then girls ignore you and you become invisible to them. Is that so? If so why? Does that mean we are aspies or just wired differently?

josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by josephty2 »

ladislav wrote:
April 10th, 2014, 6:36 am
This can be explained logically. He and his parents knew their place and knew what options were and were not available to him/them.

First- he went to private schools- that means, he was pretty much sheltered against the idiots and racists at public ones. In America, it is poor people who are racists, and just mean people period. The richer ones are at least more polite. This made all the difference from the outset.

Also, he adopted a policy of working towards a financial goal and did not pay attention to the rest of what went on. He met it. He also lived in a safe neighborhood. Most problems in the USA happen at lower levels; not at higher ones.

He knew his place and did not run after blond bombshells. He did not try to hang out with " all-American" kids. He married another Chinese. He probably also associated with other Chinese/TWese or simply put friendship on the back burner and concentrated on his studies. He chose a profession which was open to people like him.
He would've been arrested if he went to public school.
I once asked a Thai if his relatives in the US were having any problems living in Texas, etc. They said- No! Again, the reason was they were busy running their restaurants. I am sure they didn't go to redneck bars or tried to date blond girls. Too busy mixing noodles and counting dollars. Then sending money home to Thailand to buy a house. See no evil, hear no evil. Probably could not understand evil, either, because of limited English.

A mole underground is also happy with its life and sees no problems of any kind.

I also wondered why there were Westerners who were living in Asia among all these Oriental people and they never had any problems. Well, they knew their place. In Asia, there are also rules that they expect white people to follow:

1) be English teachers or be with some big multinational import/export company
2) talk English and not try to fit in. Do not learn the local language too much because you will make locals unhappy and uncomfortable
3) If marrying, get some woman that is out of circulation with local men- too old, too ugly, not a virgin, not very educated ( or too educated) with kids, divorced, etc., etc.,.
4) play a perennial foreigner and be a cultural bridge- that is your attractiveness
5) most important- do not come poor- come with a job already or connections in place and/or with money so that you can be at least in a comfortable middle class category.
6) do not understand and, thus, get mad at insults or gossip or see non-verbal scorn directed at you. And most do not and that's why they are happy.

Thus, many Orientals do not like people like me- the ones who learn the language fluently within 6 months and know what's going on, understand all the insults hurled my way and all the gossip behind my back and how racist ( and arrogant/ignorant) many of them really are.

Ignorance is bliss.

However, all these people have a place in society and are consumers, tax payers, and professionals to get work done. They contribute to society by keeping money at local banks and making it available to other people for borrowing purposes. They make the world work and create a great infrastructure for all of us.
These stereotypical Asian American people might remember the 1980s, 1990s, (younger generation the 00s), it's random much like organic chemistry, where people who fail complain of memorization. So if you see them, chances are they aren't in the correct emotional state.

Haven't been to Asia since 2011 so idk what white people are there.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
November 29th, 2023, 12:50 pm
Wow check out my cousin's son's Work Experience and Resume. lol. Isn't this you guys' dream resume? lol. @MarcosZeitola and @publicduende wouldn't you love to have a resume like this too? lol. Do you guys see what I mean now when I say that Asians tend to be 100 percent materialistic and are only interested in making money? Only WHITE people are interested in Eastern spirituality/philosophy, but Asians are only interested in making money. This cousin is an example. Why am I the only one that sees the obvious?
@Winston It's a pretty good and CV for someone who stuck to Customer Engagement, Sales and Marketing functions in large financial institutions, for all of their life.

Being an Asian-american probably makes you more goal-driven and materialistic than the average American citizen. This is well-known. However the same may be said about lots of other ethnicities, including the Jewish and the Italian, the Irish, etc. One could say the vast majority of those who migrated from poorer or more troubled countries since the early 1900s, were the strongest pursuers of the "American dream".

Like many in Southern Italy, we had so much family whose history is linked to the US. My maternal grandmother was born in the US. Her birth certificate says she was born in Wall Street, NYC. She was there until 4 years old, then her mother started to be unwell (the dirty, swampy and polluted climated of 20s NYC didn't help her) and expressed the desire of "wanting to die in her homeland". By then, her father managed to launch a successful business, an ice factory serving the bustling establishments of Little Italy, and served in WW1 alongside the US Army.

On my Dad's side, three of his 4 sisters migrated to the US, mainly New Jersey, and got blue collar jobs together with their husbands. Their children all went to prestigious colleges and became extremely successful people. One of the few who still visits Italy regularly is a top consultant on military radar technologies. Other are corporate accountant, a hepatologist (liver surgeon), a top medical technology sales, and more I don't remember. Again, typical blue collar middle class to upper class leap in the space of a generation...something that was quite common in the 70s and 80s America and infinitely harder to achieve right now.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
November 29th, 2023, 12:57 pm
How do you explain that @MarcosZeitola and @publicduende and @Yohan? Is the universe just an asshole to some people like us, but totally kind and generous to people like him? Where is the tradeoff and ying and yang? Do you guys know anyone like this who has no problems and everything in their life goes nearly perfectly?
It's like that, Winston...why are you so dissatisfied with your situation? Compare it not only with people who have more than you, but also with people who have less than you.

Some people are really lucky in their life, and some are just unlucky, never in a position even to improve their life.
Some people work hard, but achieve nothing, others are lazy and have everything and are still not satisfied and want more...

You cannot choose your parents, you cannot choose where you are born, you cannot choose your health, you don't know how long you will live etc. simply said you do not know your future...

Some people get a huge inheritance or win the lottery and get millions of USD without working anything in their life...others don't know what to eat tomorrow....

Some people die in war, some die early because of an accident or illness, others don't miss anything and die 100+ y/o old...

Everybody is different - what about myself? My time in Austria EU as a child was terrible, my life as a young man rather unpleasant, but better than being a child, my life in Japan was so and so up to my retirement, but not bad and no family problems - and now?

Now I am retired, doing only what I like, get money every month, have no debts, I am healthy, never divorced and no problems with my wife, grown up children and grandchildren, have two cars, motorcycle, owner of a nice condominium unit, have a second home in Thailand, health insurance for life, some savings in case something is going wrong....I am not really rich now, but by far better off than many others in this world.

I had so many wishes before - and now I am walking through department stores, see so many products, and don't know what to buy, as I really have everything what I need to be happy. Very satisfied with my present life. I never expected my future situation to become so nice as it is now...

As I said before, your life is somehow nothing but pure luck....
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
November 29th, 2023, 12:50 pm

@Pixel--Dude and @Lucas88 do you think you would vibe with this guy? lol. At least he's been in a Chinese Christian church before (see the last credit below) so at least he believes in something even though it's cliched.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-lai-420 ... xperience/
Head of Endurance Marketing, Financial Advisor ServicesHead of Endurance Marketing, Financial Advisor Services
Vanguard · Full-timeVanguard · Full-time
May 2023 - Present · 7 mosMay 2023 - Present · 7 mos
Malvern, Pennsylvania, United States · HybridMalvern, Pennsylvania, United States · Hybrid
TD logo
TDTD
4 yrs 3 mos4 yrs 3 mos
SVP, Merger Integration Lead, MarketingSVP, Merger Integration Lead, Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Jun 2022 - May 2023 · 1 yrJun 2022 - May 2023 · 1 yr
Selected to lead marketing integration for First Horizon Bank acquisition. Built strategic plan outlining key phases from deal close to brand conversion, across community engagement, sponsorship efforts, brand strategy, customer conversion and performance marketing. Specific focus in customer communications, growth/retention, data and marketing technology integration.Selected to lead marketing integration for First Horizon Bank acquisition. Built strategic plan outlining key phases from deal close to brand conversion, across community engagement, sponsorship efforts, brand strategy, customer conversion and performance marketing. Specific focus in customer communications, growth/retention, data and marketing technology integration.
SVP, Head of Customer and Retail MarketingSVP, Head of Customer and Retail Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Jun 2021 - Sep 2022 · 1 yr 4 mosJun 2021 - Sep 2022 · 1 yr 4 mos
Lead all retail channel marketing and customer initiatives. Led cross functional effort for launch of our new flagship branch in Manhattan, new integrated regional strategy for Florida market. Spearhead evolution of working models from centralized resource allocation models to pilot end to end marketing pods, accelerating the move towards full agile marketing teams.Lead all retail channel marketing and customer initiatives. Led cross functional effort for launch of our new flagship branch in Manhattan, new integrated regional strategy for Florida market. Spearhead evolution of working models from centralized resource allocation models to pilot end to end marketing pods, accelerating the move towards full agile marketing teams.
SVP, Head of Customer, Lending, & Wealth Product MarketingSVP, Head of Customer, Lending, & Wealth Product Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Jul 2020 - Jun 2021 · 1 yrJul 2020 - Jun 2021 · 1 yr
Led majority of all customer communications, across all lending, wealth, and customer, and emergency response initiatives. Team included product marketers, channel marketers, marketing technology leads, and customer marketers. Led launch of TD Double Up, our new flagship consumer credit card, with a cross functional effort to deliver the largest, fully integrated, full funnel marketing marketing campaign to date. Results to date have exceeded expectations by >25%, with additional brand lift study results showing 40% reduction in cost per lifted user. Led retention efforts after divestiture of TD Ameritrade business, leading to no significant attrition impacts. Led significant evolution of our customer marketing capabilities, launching a new Salesforce Marketing Cloud Instance, the first SFMC Journey Implementation for the enterprise, the first test of personalized 1:1 video in direct marketing, and first mutlivariate creative and copy test in the US. Results to date include 2.5x lift in email engagement, a 50% reduction in cost per funded unsecured loan, and double digit millions in contribution margin.Led majority of all customer communications, across all lending, wealth, and customer, and emergency response initiatives. Team included product marketers, channel marketers, marketing technology leads, and customer marketers. Led launch of TD Double Up, our new flagship consumer credit card, with a cross functional effort to deliver the largest, fully integrated, full funnel marketing marketing campaign to date. Results to date have exceeded expectations by >25%, with additional brand lift study results showing 40% reduction in cost per lifted user. Led retention efforts after divestiture of TD Ameritrade business, leading to no significant attrition impacts. Led significant evolution of our customer marketing capabilities, launching a new Salesforce Marketing Cloud Instance, the first SFMC Journey Implementation for the enterprise, the first test of personalized 1:1 video in direct marketing, and first mutlivariate creative and copy test in the US. Results to date include 2.5x lift in email engagement, a 50% reduction in cost per funded unsecured loan, and double digit millions in contribution margin.
SVP, Head of Customer MarketingSVP, Head of Customer Marketing
Full-timeFull-time
Nov 2019 - Jul 2020 · 9 mosNov 2019 - Jul 2020 · 9 mos
End to end ownership of Customer Marketing across strategy and execution. Led cross functional COVID response team, developing customer insight strategies to respond to our customers' greatest needs, standing up new working models and routines to reduce execution time to days instead of months, and led strategy development for our eventual return to marketing plan. As interim Digital Marketing lead, hired new SVP and key senior managers to take assume leadership of team. Led cross functional employee engagement committee, leading to year over year improvement of engagement stats despite the pandemic.End to end ownership of Customer Marketing across strategy and execution. Led cross functional COVID response team, developing customer insight strategies to respond to our customers' greatest needs, standing up new working models and routines to reduce execution time to days instead of months, and led strategy development for our eventual return to marketing plan. As interim Digital Marketing lead, hired new SVP and key senior managers to take assume leadership of team. Led cross functional employee engagement committee, leading to year over year improvement of engagement stats despite the pandemic.
Head of Customer Marketing StrategyHead of Customer Marketing Strategy
Mar 2019 - Nov 2019 · 9 mosMar 2019 - Nov 2019 · 9 mos
Led roadmap and implementation of multichannel personalization strategy. Introduced Agile ways of working, launched multi touch, multi channel onboarding journey for retail checking.Led roadmap and implementation of multichannel personalization strategy. Introduced Agile ways of working, launched multi touch, multi channel onboarding journey for retail checking.
Neustar, Inc. logo
Principal, Marketing Advisory ServicesPrincipal, Marketing Advisory Services
Neustar, Inc.Neustar, Inc.
Aug 2017 - Feb 2019 · 1 yr 7 mosAug 2017 - Feb 2019 · 1 yr 7 mos
Engagement Lead for Neustar marketing solutions, across measurement and attribution (Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution), marketing technology (Data Management Platform, site customization solutions), and custom customer segmentation analysis for Fortune 500 clients. Drive alignment and discovery conversations, direct cross functional implementation teams, and deliver strategic insights and recommendations to client executive leadership.

• Identified significant overstatement of display marketing lift (70% client result vs 15% Neustar analysis) through multi touch attribution analysis for top 10 financial services company. Validated results via placebo testing and recommended budget shift to lower funnel performance marketing channels to improve marketing efficiency.
• Developed unified measurement solution (MMM + MTA) for multi banner retailer to uncover previous blind spots in traditional media effectiveness, connect offline and online conversions to calculate total marketing lift, and identify areas to renegotiate contracts such as Affiliate marketing, where last touch measurement vastly overstated conversion lift.
• Created strategic testing and change management roadmap for new marketing technology adoption for a large regional bank. Led implementation of Data Management Platform, development of customer segmentation analysis, and ran organizational best practices conversations with the CMO.
• Designed cross channel marketing tests and backward looking analyses to determine incremental lift of additional marketing touchpoints. Identified previous flaws in measurement framework and built new test strategy for clients to optimize across both channels and segments.
Engagement Lead for Neustar marketing solutions, across measurement and attribution (Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution), marketing technology (Data Management Platform, site customization solutions), and custom customer segmentation analysis for Fortune 500 clients. Drive alignment and discovery conversations, direct cross functional implementation teams, and deliver strategic insights and recommendations to client executive leadership. • Identified significant overstatement of display marketing lift (70% client result vs 15% Neustar analysis) through multi touch attribution analysis for top 10 financial services company. Validated results via placebo testing and recommended budget shift to lower funnel performance marketing channels to improve marketing efficiency. • Developed unified measurement solution (MMM + MTA) for multi banner retailer to uncover previous blind spots in traditional media effectiveness, connect offline and online conversions to calculate total marketing lift, and identify areas to renegotiate contracts such as Affiliate marketing, where last touch measurement vastly overstated conversion lift. • Created strategic testing and change management roadmap for new marketing technology adoption for a large regional bank. Led implementation of Data Management Platform, development of customer segmentation analysis, and ran organizational best practices conversations with the CMO. • Designed cross channel marketing tests and backward looking analyses to determine incremental lift of additional marketing touchpoints. Identified previous flaws in measurement framework and built new test strategy for clients to optimize across both channels and segments.
Capital One logo
Capital OneCapital One
3 yrs 10 mos3 yrs 10 mos
Director, Deposit Growth MarketingDirector, Deposit Growth Marketing
Oct 2015 - May 2017 · 1 yr 8 mosOct 2015 - May 2017 · 1 yr 8 mos
Lead integrated marketing strategy for nation's 8th largest bank and largest direct bank.

Manage $60M budget to drive deposit growth across all branch and direct products, via consumer led marketing initiatives in Mass Media, Digital, and Direct channels.

Lead cross functional team of passionate marketers, from data scientists to business analysts and brand strategists, delivering strategic initiatives from concept completely through execution.

Delivered 600% lift in marketing driven deposits growth since pivot back to deposits in 2015

Drive implementation of Agile/Scrum working methodology across two marketing pods, delivering step change business results while significantly increasing efficiency and generating leading employee engagement and adoption scores

Build relentless testing and innovation agenda across all aspects of marketing, including data segmentation automation and targeting, customer level creative testing, app fallout retargeting, and full funnel analytics implementationLead integrated marketing strategy for nation's 8th largest bank and largest direct bank. Manage $60M budget to drive deposit growth across all branch and direct products, via consumer led marketing initiatives in Mass Media, Digital, and Direct channels. Lead cross functional team of passionate marketers, from data scientists to business analysts and brand strategists, delivering strategic initiatives from concept completely through execution. Delivered 600% lift in marketing driven deposits growth since pivot back to deposits in 2015 Drive implementation of Agile/Scrum working methodology across two marketing pods, delivering step change business results while significantly increasing efficiency and generating leading employee engagement and adoption scores Build relentless testing and innovation agenda across all aspects of marketing, including data segmentation automation and targeting, customer level creative testing, app fallout retargeting, and full funnel analytics implementation
Director of Acquisitions and Digital Marketing, Consumer BankDirector of Acquisitions and Digital Marketing, Consumer Bank
Jan 2015 - Oct 2015 · 10 mosJan 2015 - Oct 2015 · 10 mos
Wilmington, DelawareWilmington, Delaware
• Own Consumer Bank marketing strategy for prospect acquisitions and card cross sell marketing, through the Onboarding of those customers, utilizing all digital and offline direct response channels
• Deliver 6X in new deposit growth via an aggressive test and learn strategy, balancing BAU NPV+ initiatives with continued investment in strategic initiatives and a robust innovation agenda.
• Led transformation of decision making criteria from a growth and account maximization to a profitability driven framework.
• Developed offer strategy learning agenda and framework to understand impacts to account growth and quality, testing across interest rates, cash incentives, and creative formats.
• Drove innovation in Digital Marketing efforts, through SEO improvements that drove organic search results to first page rankings, utilizing MCA/retargeting/pixel tracking to customize messaging in display and social network marketing, and optimizing our affiliate program to balance scalability with account quality.• Own Consumer Bank marketing strategy for prospect acquisitions and card cross sell marketing, through the Onboarding of those customers, utilizing all digital and offline direct response channels • Deliver 6X in new deposit growth via an aggressive test and learn strategy, balancing BAU NPV+ initiatives with continued investment in strategic initiatives and a robust innovation agenda. • Led transformation of decision making criteria from a growth and account maximization to a profitability driven framework. • Developed offer strategy learning agenda and framework to understand impacts to account growth and quality, testing across interest rates, cash incentives, and creative formats. • Drove innovation in Digital Marketing efforts, through SEO improvements that drove organic search results to first page rankings, utilizing MCA/retargeting/pixel tracking to customize messaging in display and social network marketing, and optimizing our affiliate program to balance scalability with account quality.
Director of Customer Marketing, Consumer BankDirector of Customer Marketing, Consumer Bank
Jun 2014 - Dec 2014 · 7 mosJun 2014 - Dec 2014 · 7 mos
• Led Customer Marketing Strategy for combined 9MM customers of Capital One 360 and legacy Capital One Bank.
• Managed $13MM budget and developed multi-channel integrated marketing plans to drive a 33% increase in self service/digital adoption, 20% of annual checking production in a 8 day period, and doubled cross sell response year over year.
• Initiated and launched campaigns for local branch marketing, including customer level offer development, branch collateral, and a brand new local Refer A Friend program across 800 branches that drove 15-20% of all new account bookings.
• Developed Integrated Mobile Deposit campaigns that lifted transactions 2X over previous run rates• Led Customer Marketing Strategy for combined 9MM customers of Capital One 360 and legacy Capital One Bank. • Managed $13MM budget and developed multi-channel integrated marketing plans to drive a 33% increase in self service/digital adoption, 20% of annual checking production in a 8 day period, and doubled cross sell response year over year. • Initiated and launched campaigns for local branch marketing, including customer level offer development, branch collateral, and a brand new local Refer A Friend program across 800 branches that drove 15-20% of all new account bookings. • Developed Integrated Mobile Deposit campaigns that lifted transactions 2X over previous run rates
Director of Customer Management, Capital One 360Director of Customer Management, Capital One 360
Aug 2013 - May 2014 · 10 mosAug 2013 - May 2014 · 10 mos
• Revamped new customer onboarding program, from data exploration and KPI identification, through developing our customer research agenda and leading to a holistic strategy governing early communications strategy with our customer base.
• Created a customer level segmentation to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability.
• Led our Black Friday Sale and Financial Independence Days Sale strategy, which produced 25% of our total annual account production over a 7 day period, produced 300MM PR impressions, and more than 140K entries in our Customer Love promotion.
• Built robust Customer Love program, ranging from surprise and delight moments in our social platforms and call center, to brand defining programmatic contests and sweepstakes.
• Improved Marketing efficiency and Net Promoter Score metrics 3x back to pre brand change levels after rebrand of ING Direct to Capital One 360.• Revamped new customer onboarding program, from data exploration and KPI identification, through developing our customer research agenda and leading to a holistic strategy governing early communications strategy with our customer base. • Created a customer level segmentation to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability. • Led our Black Friday Sale and Financial Independence Days Sale strategy, which produced 25% of our total annual account production over a 7 day period, produced 300MM PR impressions, and more than 140K entries in our Customer Love promotion. • Built robust Customer Love program, ranging from surprise and delight moments in our social platforms and call center, to brand defining programmatic contests and sweepstakes. • Improved Marketing efficiency and Net Promoter Score metrics 3x back to pre brand change levels after rebrand of ING Direct to Capital One 360.
ING DIRECTING DIRECT
5 yrs 10 mos5 yrs 10 mos
Senior Manager of Customer EngagementSenior Manager of Customer Engagement
Feb 2012 - Jul 2013 · 1 yr 6 mosFeb 2012 - Jul 2013 · 1 yr 6 mos
• Developed a data driven strategy to manage the engagement and profitability of 7.5M fiercely loyal customers that make up the largest digital bank in the country. Created a customer segmentation strategy to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability.
• Determined optimal marketing mix and optimized campaigns to drive the cross sell, upsell, and engagement strategy across digital, print, and mobile channels.
• Utilized SAS and various Business Intelligence tools to identify the key drivers of customer behavior, and subsequently developed a test and learn strategy to tease out the levers of engagement.
• Built individual level predictive models to forecast digital engagement, mobile adoption, and optimal channel mix.• Developed a data driven strategy to manage the engagement and profitability of 7.5M fiercely loyal customers that make up the largest digital bank in the country. Created a customer segmentation strategy to drive our marketing efforts across customer life stages, engagement levels, and profitability. • Determined optimal marketing mix and optimized campaigns to drive the cross sell, upsell, and engagement strategy across digital, print, and mobile channels. • Utilized SAS and various Business Intelligence tools to identify the key drivers of customer behavior, and subsequently developed a test and learn strategy to tease out the levers of engagement. • Built individual level predictive models to forecast digital engagement, mobile adoption, and optimal channel mix.
Database Marketing & Customer EngagementDatabase Marketing & Customer Engagement
Sep 2010 - Sep 2012 · 2 yrs 1 moSep 2010 - Sep 2012 · 2 yrs 1 mo
• Created detailed campaign reporting, customer lifetime value models, and other net present value models to evaluate past and future campaigns using both quantity and quality metrics.
• Utilize SAS and SQL to extract and analyze customer behavioral data.• Created detailed campaign reporting, customer lifetime value models, and other net present value models to evaluate past and future campaigns using both quantity and quality metrics. • Utilize SAS and SQL to extract and analyze customer behavioral data.
Senior Financial AnalystSenior Financial Analyst
Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 · 6 mosApr 2010 - Sep 2010 · 6 mos
• Responsible for providing key financial analysis and support for executive management and business leaders by creating advanced Excel models, utilizing IBM Cognos data warehouse applications, as well as comprehensive PowerPoint presentations.
• Developed detailed product and customer level profitability analyses. Led quarterly meetings with executive management to review outputs, outlining key variances to budget and identifying potential profitability improvements.
• Collaborated with Planning and Forecasting teams to create detailed monthly forecasting analysis.
• Created ad hoc reports and analyses as required, e.g. presentations for board meetings, comparative analysis of global ING Direct units.• Responsible for providing key financial analysis and support for executive management and business leaders by creating advanced Excel models, utilizing IBM Cognos data warehouse applications, as well as comprehensive PowerPoint presentations. • Developed detailed product and customer level profitability analyses. Led quarterly meetings with executive management to review outputs, outlining key variances to budget and identifying potential profitability improvements. • Collaborated with Planning and Forecasting teams to create detailed monthly forecasting analysis. • Created ad hoc reports and analyses as required, e.g. presentations for board meetings, comparative analysis of global ING Direct units.
AnalystAnalyst
Oct 2007 - Mar 2010 · 2 yrs 6 mosOct 2007 - Mar 2010 · 2 yrs 6 mos
• Created comprehensive quarterly industry analysis and board packages comparing ING Direct to all major competitors. Identified key metrics to measure success and strengths as well as areas for improvement.
• Developed RAROC, Embedded Value, and Product Profitability reporting for ING Direct Head Office.• Created comprehensive quarterly industry analysis and board packages comparing ING Direct to all major competitors. Identified key metrics to measure success and strengths as well as areas for improvement. • Developed RAROC, Embedded Value, and Product Profitability reporting for ING Direct Head Office.
ATX Communications logo
Manager of Corporate DevelopmentManager of Corporate Development
ATX CommunicationsATX Communications
May 2003 - Oct 2007 · 4 yrs 6 mosMay 2003 - Oct 2007 · 4 yrs 6 mos
• Led group responsible for cost reductions, profitability improvements and corporate strategy recommendations.
• Initiated and managed projects resulting in $6 million annualized cost savings and over $1 million in one time credits. Conducted initial analysis by creating financial and operational models, led vendor selection, and coordinated internal teams and external vendors to implement project.
• Developed detailed financial models and projects plans for potential mergers and acquisition targets, strategic scenario modeling to improve our unprofitable divisions, and operational plans to combat challenges in the regulatory environment.
• Identified opportunities for both revenue improvements and cost reductions by harnessing the power of our database and business intelligence solutions.• Led group responsible for cost reductions, profitability improvements and corporate strategy recommendations. • Initiated and managed projects resulting in $6 million annualized cost savings and over $1 million in one time credits. Conducted initial analysis by creating financial and operational models, led vendor selection, and coordinated internal teams and external vendors to implement project. • Developed detailed financial models and projects plans for potential mergers and acquisition targets, strategic scenario modeling to improve our unprofitable divisions, and operational plans to combat challenges in the regulatory environment. • Identified opportunities for both revenue improvements and cost reductions by harnessing the power of our database and business intelligence solutions.
After School Program CoordinatorAfter School Program Coordinator
Chinese Christian Church and CenterChinese Christian Church and Center
Sep 2002 - May 2003 · 9 mos
You have to be of a certain mindset to write that f***ing pile of shite out. Not that it won't be effective because it most certainly is when it comes to finding work and making contacts amongst driven pillars of industry but how many people are driven to produce such a pile of crap for LinkedIn? :lol:

If you accept you are a one-off Winston and most people won't get you or are on your level then life is going to be lonely, even amongst your family, probably how they describe you behind your back is probably pretty harsh and horrible and their 'polite face' and polite form of social rejection says volumes about what they actually say and think about when you aren't in earshot.

I'd say someone of the OCD mindset who is compiled to write such a long tirade of achievements in some online pissing contest will have their own issues within their own headspace - I can't imagine they're massively happy and content - I certainly wouldn't want it.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
April 9th, 2014, 1:01 pm

But the thing is, he never had any major problems in America. In high school and college, he had good friends and went to parties and school dances. He did not have trouble fitting in, and got very good grades. After college, he went to medical school and became a Radiologist, because it pays well, almost as well as a doctor, but is a far easier job and requires less schooling. Now he works as a Radiologist in a hospital in Tucson, AZ, and has a family with two kids. Thus, he has a normal life with a good stable career and family, which is what a Taiwanese American person in the US is ideally supposed to have.

I was looking up radiologists for one of my daughters the other day. I thought it was a profession you got into with a bachelors, then I saw the 300K salaries. I told her about that, and she was interested. So I looked for a bachelors degree in it at the school we were considering. It turns out a radiologist is a medical doctor, like at the link you mentioned in your message: https://health.usnews.com/doctors/taylor-chen-257035

Radiology is a specialist for someone with an MD degree. I was confusing it with radiology tech. No wonder it said radiologists interpreted X-Rays. The techs refuse to interpret anything and say talk to the doctor.

As for the trauma issue in this old post. Maybe it's a combination of personality, individual temperment, etc. combined with the other variables. He went to a public school, so maybe your school was a more hostile environment. Or maybe it was because his parents were strict, he was used to that, and then when he went to the school environment with it's restrictions, they were so much looser than home, he felt like he was on summer vacation. It's hard to say.

I read a Facebook post from someone who said he was beat up in school for being Asian, called racial slurs, etc. Where I lived, I don't think I saw that happen much. I moved a lot. One school had a fair number of Asians and Hispanics. But I wasn't in some tough school on the west coast.

I did see one tall white kid was picking at a Vietnamese student, a quiet kid probably still learning English. He kept hitting his head or pulling his hair-- not sure... he was pestering him. That little Vietnamese kid turned around and they both stood up and the little kid started swinging. He nicked the eyeball of that tall white kid who was bullying him, and that kid started bleeding all over his place out of his eye. I never saw anything like it. I don't know if that was racially motivated bullying or not. The tall kid might have done that to a white kid if he'd had the chance. I didn't hear any racial slurs.

But I had a coach who called that kid 'Do New'. He had a weirdly spelled Vietnamese name that he told me was actually 'You Know.' I liked playing basketball with him because I was so bad at it, but I could still beat him at it. He was learning how to dribble. Good thing we weren't doing martial arts in gym class! That same coach, who called us all by our last names, called a kid named 'Hernandez', 'Mayonnaise.' Then other kids called him Mayonnaise. That just seemed ignorant and redneck to me. We had a lot of Hispanics at that school, and as far as Hispanic last names go, Hernandez is pretty common. Is that racism? I don't know. That coach may have had some nick names for the white kids, too.