Interracial marriage stats

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Interracial marriage stats

Post by momopi »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_ ... l_marriage

"Broken down by race, about 40 percent of U.S.-born Asians now marry whites — a figure unchanged since 1980. Their likelihood of marrying foreign-born Asians, meanwhile, multiplied 3 times for men and 5 times for women, to roughly 20 percent.

Among U.S.-born Hispanics, marriages with whites increased modestly from roughly 30 percent to 38 percent over the past three decades. But when it came to marriages with foreign-born Hispanics, the share doubled — to 12.5 percent for men, and 17.1 percent for women."

Donno about you guys, but if 40% of Asians and 30-38% of Hispanics born in the US are marrying "white", that looks like a pretty significant melting pot there.

The "likelihood of marrying foreign born Asians" stat is interesting. Does the article suggest that the % of US-Born Asian women marrying non-US born Asian men has increased by 5x from 1980 to 2010?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I'm also interested to know by which sex ratio is marrying to whom. I mean they say 40% Asian American marry to white ..but if anyone that lives in any city will tell you ..it's mostly Asian women with white men..although I do see more and more Asian men with white women.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Interracial marriage stats

Post by ladislav »

The "likelihood of marrying foreign born Asians" stat is interesting. Does the article suggest that the % of US-Born Asian women marrying non-US born Asian men has increased by 5x from 1980 to 2010?.
Or maybe it means that AAM are now marrying foreign born women.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!