Updated Observations in Vancouver

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Updated Observations in Vancouver

Post by Bao3niang »

Yesterday I was on the bus ride from Burnaby back to Richmond. An old woman came on sitting in an electric wheelchair and she was extremely obese. I guess that she needs her wheelchair to go everywhere. I am not surprised by the rate of obesity I see in Anglo countries but having lived the last six years in Asia, it still takes time getting used to such a high frequency of encountering heavy pounders.

The only street food I have seen in Vancouver so far are hot dogs. Chips / crisps, chocolate bars, candies, so many drinks containing HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Welcome to the West.

I saw a white guy with an Asian female on the Skytrain yesterday. I could tell from the woman's looks and non-accented English that she was born and raised in the Anglosphere. I could not tell her ethnicity. She and her boyfriend were listing out different types of Asians. The guy talked about eating Pho (Vietnamese rice noodles) and surprisingly he pronounced it correctly. Yes, Asian-American / Canadian / British / Australian females are the most desired in these Anglo countries. The males want Asian looks but a very Westernized or completely Westernized (in ways we do not like) personality.

Something interesting I have noticed is that many second generation Asians start having skin that's more tan in color. Does anyone else have the same observations?

Canada is a police state. You need at least one piece of ID to do many things and go to many places. Unlike in China where I can just talk my way through or if I look old enough I will be allowed to pass / enter, here in Canada they simply won't back off.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Canada is slowly starting to embrace the police-state tactics seen everywhere in the U.S.A.

Canada is too Anglo for my tastes, but I like the fact that the country is clean and less-populated than the United States. Also, there's less crime there, and generally, the people are a bit friendlier than Americans.

I also like that Canada has a universal health-care system--as opposed to our corporate, suck-the-money-till-your-dry medical system in the United States.

If I were forced to choose one developed country to live in...it would probably be Canada, but only as a last option, as I absolutely can't stand the Anglo-sphere...
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Vancouver is more strict on documents. I used to travel to Canada for work and the immigration/customs officer at Vancouver airport was way more strict than airports in Alberta or Manitoba.

At Vancouver they expect me to produce all the required letters (invitation for work) and explain in detail what I'm doing, why they cannot have someone local do it, how long I'm staying, what am I carrying, etc.

In Alberta and Manitoba it was like um... OMG you want to come work here??!?! Come inside and have a seat. Do you need any assistance filing for work permit? How can we assist you? What, you're only staying for a week? <STAMP> <STAMP>
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Bao3niang wrote:Yesterday I was on the bus ride from Burnaby back to Richmond. An old woman came on sitting in an electric wheelchair and she was extremely obese. I guess that she needs her wheelchair to go everywhere. I am not surprised by the rate of obesity I see in Anglo countries but having lived the last six years in Asia, it still takes time getting used to such a high frequency of encountering heavy pounders.

The only street food I have seen in Vancouver so far are hot dogs. Chips / crisps, chocolate bars, candies, so many drinks containing HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Welcome to the West.

I saw a white guy with an Asian female on the Skytrain yesterday. I could tell from the woman's looks and non-accented English that she was born and raised in the Anglosphere. I could not tell her ethnicity. She and her boyfriend were listing out different types of Asians. The guy talked about eating Pho (Vietnamese rice noodles) and surprisingly he pronounced it correctly. Yes, Asian-American / Canadian / British / Australian females are the most desired in these Anglo countries. The males want Asian looks but a very Westernized or completely Westernized (in ways we do not like) personality.

Something interesting I have noticed is that many second generation Asians start having skin that's more tan in color. Does anyone else have the same observations?

Canada is a police state. You need at least one piece of ID to do many things and go to many places. Unlike in China where I can just talk my way through or if I look old enough I will be allowed to pass / enter, here in Canada they simply won't back off.
Hello,

A lot of delusions in the stories.

[~} ALL Westernised nations are basically the same. Canada, U.S.A., Australia, Europe and South Africa have minor differences only. The biggest differences are cheap health-care and public transportation {(both are unavailable in U.S.A.)}. Other than this, NO DIFFERENCE at all!

[~} 99% of 'Chinese' and 'Indian' men in these nations are westernised. This doesn't mean that they accept the local culture {(accepting the local culture is perfectly fine)} but that they accept VIOLATIONS of their own beliefs. Women's rights, da*ing, fast-food, etc. Women's rights is the highest enemy, followed by da*ing and lastly, fast-food.

[~} Chinese men and Indian men are too open to new ideas. That is why women's rights and p**-marital re*ations have become a part of Chinese and Indian cultures now.

[~} What makes you think that high-fructose corn-syrup isn't in China now?? Coca-Cola and all soft-drinks are very popular in China {(and in India)}. So is unhealthy fast-food. All these contain extremely bad ingredients and within 20 years, China will be showing all sorts of health problems in its populace. So will India. But that's right, you stupid dog-looking Chinese and dark-skinned, short Indians ~ Keep thinking you are progressing!! {(And yes, the root-cause of your inferiority complex is your looks ~ that's why you stupid Chinese are obsessed with eyelid-surgery and the Indians want skin-whitening creams so badly)}. The modern Western man is LAUGHING at you idiots because he knows all these problems which he has in his society are the best way to SLOW DOWN the progress of China and India.

THE ONLY MEN WITH ANY SENSE OF WHAT'S GOOD FOR THEM ARE MUSLIM MEN. And unfortunately, so far their governments are in collusion with U.S.A.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Re: Updated Observations in Vancouver

Post by Bao3niang »

Vancouver is in the Pacific Northwest which means it rains a lot. When it rained back in Beijing I was like: "Umm, okay, it is raining." When it rains in Vancouver, it is downright depressing. During the week I live on Burnaby Mountain (which to me is more like a hill, only 500m high), where there's a lot of fog before, during, and after the rain. Just adds to my misery. Yesterday I stayed in my apartment the entire day because it was so darn foggy outside that I could hardly see the big trees right outside the window.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Bao3niang wrote: The only street food I have seen in Vancouver so far are hot dogs. Chips / crisps, chocolate bars, candies, so many drinks containing HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Welcome to the West.
...you guys have 2 night markets during Summer, Richmond Night Market and International Summer Night Market.

Amaziah
Freshman Poster

Post by Amaziah »

That is basically about staying updated for a region which does matter the most and that is quite a fine thing.At the moment if we see how things goes for us staying in touch with this all have a way that helps us and have a value big time.Good post you have written.
For me the most reasonable source of traveling is kissimmee to boca raton transportation and i find it useful every time.
The Un-American
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by The Un-American »

momopi wrote:Vancouver is more strict on documents. I used to travel to Canada for work and the immigration/customs officer at Vancouver airport was way more strict than airports in Alberta or Manitoba.

At Vancouver they expect me to produce all the required letters (invitation for work) and explain in detail what I'm doing, why they cannot have someone local do it, how long I'm staying, what am I carrying, etc.

In Alberta and Manitoba it was like um... OMG you want to come work here??!?! Come inside and have a seat. Do you need any assistance filing for work permit? How can we assist you? What, you're only staying for a week? <STAMP> <STAMP>

Did you go through the Peace Arch? They're pretty much Nazis up there. NEVER cross through the Peace Arch, they absolutely despise Americans.