Guess who's in China now

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Don't worry about the language barrier - I went to central China only knowing how to say hello and good bye. I even got a couple of taxis round Wuhan by myself (and didn't get overcharged lol).

English speakers soon make themselves known to you when you're in Asia!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

xiongmao wrote:Nice! Have you been to Guangzhou? I've done more crazy stuff there than anywhere else on the planet.
Yes I have. I plan to spend more time in Guangzhou soon.

I'll be back in the US in September, since I am in China just during my summer vacation. Costs in China are generally quite low, so passive income or huge savings aren't necessary.

I've met some girls from Guangzhou here in Kunming who were here on vacation. They're pretty, classy, and plenty of fun to be around with. We had dinner together (yup, just me with all of them), took the bus around, and shopped around.

Believe it or not, white American women here are incredbly friendly, intelligent, and approachable. The ones who are open-minded and motivated enough to get out of the USA are not your typical US women.

Thanks to my Spanish skills, I also got to talk to some Spanish women here too. They were tourists from northern Spain who spoke very little English and almost no Chinese, so they were absolutely delighted to talk to me. I was probably the first Mexican-sounding Asian guy they had ever encountered.

Most whites in Kunming are French, Germans, Australians, and Americans. There's a large expat community here too. If you ask some of them where they're from, they'll just say, "Here [in Yunnan].'

There's a large Chinese Muslim (Hui) community in Kunming. They have absolutely mouth-watering food. Some of the local mosques are pretty much just colossal food markets. O__O

That's it for now. More to come.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Very very nice Falcon!!! I'll be following your exploits very closely as I'm also about to embark on my first China trip next month to Hong Kong/Guangzhou, Shenzen and Zhuai. Btw, Kunming is also a place I've been looking at seriously along Chengdu and Guangzhou, Shenzen and Zuhai.

Hey xiongmao, you intrigued me with your comment that you've had some of the most fun in GZ in all of the world. Woudl LOVE to hear about your exploits there specially as Im about to go there next month, first for a short 2-3 week reconnaissance trip and then for a few months in January. So please do tell about your experiences in GZ.

Cheers. ;)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

green1976 wrote:
chanta76 wrote:pete98146,

Not to be a party pooper. I think the biggest reason why guys don't travel is income and maybe time. I mean if you work for a company they sometimes only give you 2 week vacation per year .
Also it's because many of these guys are in the matrix and cannot see behind it.
They can feel ashamed to recognize that they have to travel around the world to find some p***y because the society stigmatize them.

The common crowd say:"Oh you need to go to bang some poor third world submissive female as you are not fit for a real indepedent women"!
"Your are a f***ing looser and no chick in your home country want you,so you need to go abroad".

That are the most common reaction when a guy say that he is going abroad because he feels something regarding women is wrong at home.

If i waited to have the perfect economical situation,to have a stable job whom i could no go abroad more than 1 month per year,i would have never been to Thailand.

I could have ended up by struggling for many years,continuing to have a zero sexual and affective life to hear the common mantra:"It's your fault,man up,look this guy..how he get a girlfriend and not you"?

My strategy is clear:I spend the minimum money at home.
No girlfriend,no party,no going to bars,no buying expensive clothes or consumerism,no futile sociabilization who is not related to my coming to Thailand.

The job i look has always to be short mission duration.
Working for 2 to 4 months,and going abroad for half the time of work.

My home place is just a mean to reach my goal who is to have a more stable situation in Thailand,find a good girlfriend and build something there.
I go to places in Thailand,in the countryside where i can have a good quality of life for half or one third of what it will cost me in BKK or Pattaya.

For me it's Thailand but it can be replaced by the Phillipinnes or wathewer..the commitment is essential to make the move.

If these guys are in relative good health,have a minimum of 1.5k euro to spend for a discovering trip...nothing,beside a special occurence,should stop them to go abroad.
I they decide to stay at home seeking the perfect timing to go..is because their mind are still trapped in their everyday environment life.
Green1976,
A friend of mine who saw your post wanted me to post this to you on his behalf:

"hey Green1976,

1. Practice this response:

If, by "independent" you mean a woman who's been conditioned
to believe she's just the same as (equivalent to) a man; a woman who has a
competitive, combative, and adversarial stance towards men;
who emasculates men by her attitudes, words, actions and energy, and who thinks men are "the problem"....

And, if by "submissive" you mean a woman who revels
in being female, who enjoys the inherent gender differences between
the sexes, who exudes a distinct feminine energy that appeals
to my inherent masculinity, and who thinks men are "the solution..."

...hmmm., then, um, yes, I'd have to agree. You're absolutely right!
I'm glad I'm not fit to deal with that, and I would travel to the ends of the
world to get away from the former to bang the latter!

2. Also, don't be mislead by that concept of "home country." A home country
is nothing more than an accident of birth.
There's a line in this book (see below) that says:

: just because you were born within the borders of a particular country,
does not mean you are suited, wired, best served, destined or obligated to
seek and find dating and mating bliss in that country.

Want more? Check out
"If you want to be my girlfriend...": a man's guide to setting standards, living & loving true to your self, getting & satisfying the women you want, all without EVER compromising your masculinity!
at http://www.dexterstyle.com
or on Amazon.com"

He then decided to write this article in response to you:

"Surely you want me to be happy, don't you?

As I was perusing the happierabroad.com forum, I encountered a man who was finding happiness abroad and who posted on the forum
to share his new life. Another member of the forum shared his congratulations and expressed some of the feedback that can often come
when discussing this topic. He wrote:

The common crowd say: "Oh, you need to go to bang some poor third world submissive
female as you are not fit for a real indepedent women"!
"You are a _______ loser and no chick in your home country wants you,
so you need to go abroad."

Now, whether or not this fellow actually heard this response from his female friends, it nevertheless represents the real fears of judgement some men have when they contemplate or discuss their decision to move abroad to find love and happiness.

First, I have to say that there's so much that I see wrong with that sentiment, that I'd have to write a book to address them all. Waitaminit! I have written a book about it! But, rather than re-write the book here, I'll just address a few of the points covered.

SUBMISSIVE?
"There's nothing inherently wrong with being submissive. In fact, many satisfying relationships have been built based on both partner's acceptance of and indulgence in their
innate sexual wiring and orientation. There's no better partner for a DOMinant man than a subMISSIVE woman!" I can have whoever I want as a girlfriend. I decide
that, not you." I embrace my dominance!

POOR?
"Surely you're not implying that being poor makes a woman less feminine, less loving, or less worthy to be my girlfriend. So, perhaps you're implying
that by her being poor (and there are many countries in which "they" are richer than we are), that my money is what is appealing to her. Well, the truth is, that's fine. In a capitalistic society, money represents my ability to care for and protect my woman; my ability to be the knight in shining armor and slay the dragon
of poverty. Imagine being able to live my entire life as the fulfillment of my girl's fantasy and MINE TOO all at the same time just by being born
in "first world" country! Where do I sign up?!!" I want to be a damsel's knight!

HOME COUNTRY?
"Fortunately, I haven't been misled or bamboozled by that concept of "home country." A home country is nothing more than an accident of birth.
I didn't consciously choose to be born here. [As I say in the book: "...just because you were born within the borders of a particular country,
does not mean you are suited, wired, best served, destined or obligated to seek and find dating and mating bliss in that country." ]
I live in a world without these arbitrary borders.

SUMMARY:
So, when confronted by that original sentiment when discussing being happier abroad, I suggest you practice this response:

"If, by "independent" you mean a woman who's been conditioned to believe she's just the same as (equivalent to) a man; a woman who has a
competitive, combative, and adversarial stance towards men; who emasculates men by her attitudes, words, actions and energy, and who thinks men are "the problem"....
And, if by "submissive" you mean a woman who revels in being female, who enjoys the inherent gender differences between
the sexes, who exudes a distinct feminine energy that appeals to my inherent masculinity, and who thinks men are "the solution..."
...hmmm., then, um, yes, I'd have to agree. You're absolutely right! I'm glad I'm not fit to deal with that, and I would travel to the ends of the
world to escape from the former to bang the latter!"

Me
"I am a man. My job is to make you feel like a woman!"

Want more tips on how to accept and assert your masculinity without apology? Check out
"If you want to be my girlfriend...": a man's guide to setting standards, living & loving true to your self, getting & satisfying the women you want, all without EVER compromising your masculinity! at http://www.dexterstyle.com
or on Amazon.com"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:
green1976 wrote:
chanta76 wrote:pete98146,

Not to be a party pooper. I think the biggest reason why guys don't travel is income and maybe time. I mean if you work for a company they sometimes only give you 2 week vacation per year .
Also it's because many of these guys are in the matrix and cannot see behind it.
They can feel ashamed to recognize that they have to travel around the world to find some p***y because the society stigmatize them.

The common crowd say:"Oh you need to go to bang some poor third world submissive female as you are not fit for a real indepedent women"!
"Your are a f***ing looser and no chick in your home country want you,so you need to go abroad".

That are the most common reaction when a guy say that he is going abroad because he feels something regarding women is wrong at home.

If i waited to have the perfect economical situation,to have a stable job whom i could no go abroad more than 1 month per year,i would have never been to Thailand.

I could have ended up by struggling for many years,continuing to have a zero sexual and affective life to hear the common mantra:"It's your fault,man up,look this guy..how he get a girlfriend and not you"?

My strategy is clear:I spend the minimum money at home.
No girlfriend,no party,no going to bars,no buying expensive clothes or consumerism,no futile sociabilization who is not related to my coming to Thailand.

The job i look has always to be short mission duration.
Working for 2 to 4 months,and going abroad for half the time of work.

My home place is just a mean to reach my goal who is to have a more stable situation in Thailand,find a good girlfriend and build something there.
I go to places in Thailand,in the countryside where i can have a good quality of life for half or one third of what it will cost me in BKK or Pattaya.

For me it's Thailand but it can be replaced by the Phillipinnes or wathewer..the commitment is essential to make the move.

If these guys are in relative good health,have a minimum of 1.5k euro to spend for a discovering trip...nothing,beside a special occurence,should stop them to go abroad.
I they decide to stay at home seeking the perfect timing to go..is because their mind are still trapped in their everyday environment life.
Green1976,
A friend of mine who saw your post wanted me to post this to you on his behalf:

"hey Green1976,

1. Practice this response:

If, by "independent" you mean a woman who's been conditioned
to believe she's just the same as (equivalent to) a man; a woman who has a
competitive, combative, and adversarial stance towards men;
who emasculates men by her attitudes, words, actions and energy, and who thinks men are "the problem"....

And, if by "submissive" you mean a woman who revels
in being female, who enjoys the inherent gender differences between
the sexes, who exudes a distinct feminine energy that appeals
to my inherent masculinity, and who thinks men are "the solution..."

...hmmm., then, um, yes, I'd have to agree. You're absolutely right!
I'm glad I'm not fit to deal with that, and I would travel to the ends of the
world to get away from the former to bang the latter!

2. Also, don't be mislead by that concept of "home country." A home country
is nothing more than an accident of birth.
There's a line in this book (see below) that says:

: just because you were born within the borders of a particular country,
does not mean you are suited, wired, best served, destined or obligated to
seek and find dating and mating bliss in that country.

Want more? Check out
"If you want to be my girlfriend...": a man's guide to setting standards, living & loving true to your self, getting & satisfying the women you want, all without EVER compromising your masculinity!
at http://www.dexterstyle.com
or on Amazon.com"

He then decided to write this article in response to you:

"Surely you want me to be happy, don't you?

As I was perusing the happierabroad.com forum, I encountered a man who was finding happiness abroad and who posted on the forum
to share his new life. Another member of the forum shared his congratulations and expressed some of the feedback that can often come
when discussing this topic. He wrote:

The common crowd say: "Oh, you need to go to bang some poor third world submissive
female as you are not fit for a real indepedent women"!
"You are a _______ loser and no chick in your home country wants you,
so you need to go abroad."

Now, whether or not this fellow actually heard this response from his female friends, it nevertheless represents the real fears of judgement some men have when they contemplate or discuss their decision to move abroad to find love and happiness.

First, I have to say that there's so much that I see wrong with that sentiment, that I'd have to write a book to address them all. Waitaminit! I have written a book about it! But, rather than re-write the book here, I'll just address a few of the points covered.

SUBMISSIVE?
"There's nothing inherently wrong with being submissive. In fact, many satisfying relationships have been built based on both partner's acceptance of and indulgence in their
innate sexual wiring and orientation. There's no better partner for a DOMinant man than a subMISSIVE woman!" I can have whoever I want as a girlfriend. I decide
that, not you." I embrace my dominance!

POOR?
"Surely you're not implying that being poor makes a woman less feminine, less loving, or less worthy to be my girlfriend. So, perhaps you're implying
that by her being poor (and there are many countries in which "they" are richer than we are), that my money is what is appealing to her. Well, the truth is, that's fine. In a capitalistic society, money represents my ability to care for and protect my woman; my ability to be the knight in shining armor and slay the dragon
of poverty. Imagine being able to live my entire life as the fulfillment of my girl's fantasy and MINE TOO all at the same time just by being born
in "first world" country! Where do I sign up?!!" I want to be a damsel's knight!

HOME COUNTRY?
"Fortunately, I haven't been misled or bamboozled by that concept of "home country." A home country is nothing more than an accident of birth.
I didn't consciously choose to be born here. [As I say in the book: "...just because you were born within the borders of a particular country,
does not mean you are suited, wired, best served, destined or obligated to seek and find dating and mating bliss in that country." ]
I live in a world without these arbitrary borders.

SUMMARY:
So, when confronted by that original sentiment when discussing being happier abroad, I suggest you practice this response:

"If, by "independent" you mean a woman who's been conditioned to believe she's just the same as (equivalent to) a man; a woman who has a
competitive, combative, and adversarial stance towards men; who emasculates men by her attitudes, words, actions and energy, and who thinks men are "the problem"....
And, if by "submissive" you mean a woman who revels in being female, who enjoys the inherent gender differences between
the sexes, who exudes a distinct feminine energy that appeals to my inherent masculinity, and who thinks men are "the solution..."
...hmmm., then, um, yes, I'd have to agree. You're absolutely right! I'm glad I'm not fit to deal with that, and I would travel to the ends of the
world to escape from the former to bang the latter!"

Me
"I am a man. My job is to make you feel like a woman!"

Want more tips on how to accept and assert your masculinity without apology? Check out
"If you want to be my girlfriend...": a man's guide to setting standards, living & loving true to your self, getting & satisfying the women you want, all without EVER compromising your masculinity! at http://www.dexterstyle.com
or on Amazon.com"
Winston, thanks for posting this. One of the best explanations for dating foreign women I have read!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I'm in Guangzhou now. Super cool place to hang around, just like what Xiongmao had said all along.

Will post details later. :D