Our Trip to Baguio and Sagada (with pics)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some pics of girls in Baguio from my album. As you can see, their faces look much more wholesome and innocent than the pics I showed in Angeles City. Do you see what I mean?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1014688293 ... directlink

Here also is that hot Chinese girl we met. She's so pretty huh? She grew up in Australia though, so she's Westernized. But very bold and isn't afraid to travel alone to places without reservations or plans and just winging it. She was so composed and intelligent too.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi, here are pictures of food for you :)

From Bliss Cafe in Baguio

Vegetarian pasta from Yogurt House in Sagada

All natural yogurt with granola and bananas at Yogurt House in Sagada

My vegetarian combo meal from Bodhi in the food court of SM Baguio mall

Does any of that make you hungry? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote: My vegetarian combo meal from Bodhi in the food court of SM Baguio mall

Does any of that make you hungry? lol

Not this. You eat this shit? Do you ever cook your own meals instead of eating at the mall all the time, Winston? Honestly, for someone who bitches about shitty food in Filipino restaurants, you sure are a loyal customer to those places. Come to think of it, I don't recall you ever talking about buying ingredients at the local supermarket, or preparing your own vegetarian dishes. You know, cooking is not only a lot healthier, it's a lot cheaper too -- something I would have thought a stingy miser like you would have figured out. But then, cooking requires effort, so I guess it's not surprising that pinching pennies takes a back seat.
Last edited by swincor on July 13th, 2011, 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Winston, why have you've been recently saying here on the forum that you've been losing weight?

I guess being vegetarian does have it's advantages.... looking like a greek god :D
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Image
What is in that container on the table with a blue lid?

p.s. Is this the same Bliss Cafe that you ate at:
http://triportreats.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... aguio.html
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Momopi, here are pictures of food for you :)

Winston, that small statue at the top right of Buddai or the Laughing Buddha is your likeness and what I have in mind when I call you "Buddha Dude".
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor__ wrote: Not this. You eat this shit? Do you ever cook your own meals instead of eating at the mall all the time, Winston? Honestly, for someone who bitches about shitty food in Filipino restaurants, you sure are a loyal customer to those places. Come to think of it, I don't recall you ever talking about buying ingredients at the local supermarket, or preparing your own vegetarian dishes. You know, cooking is not only a lot healthier, it's a lot cheaper too -- something I would have thought a stingy miser like you would have figured out. But then, cooking requires effort, so I guess it's not surprising that pinching pennies takes a back seat.
What are you talking about? Bodhi is the ONLY thing in the mall food court that is decent enough to eat here. Remember, PI has the worst food in all of Asia. Hands down. Every traveler here agrees unanimously with that.

Of course I cook, but I don't like it at all. Cooking requires a lot of concentration and is tedious to me. I usually just let Dianne cook. I'm not good at organizing practical things, as my mind is too attuned to intellectual and philosophical matters. Cooking feels tedious to me. I don't derive joy in it. Also, cooking here is not cheaper than eating out. If you get decent food at SM Hypermart, just a few snacks will run you 2000p, and it won't even last you that long. The cost of eating out is about the same. Either way, you have to spend more if you want decent food by foreigner's standards.

It's ridiculous I know. But true. I often spend more when buying at supermarkets than from eating out. You ought to see my receipts. 2000p or 3000p of groceries only lasts a few days. I would have saved more money sometimes, if I had just eaten out. It's crazy I know. But the PI is a crazy place.

In the US, cooking is cheaper though, most of the time. But it depends on where you eat out at. If you eat at Taco Bell everyday, you can eat dirt cheap for example. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:Winston, why have you've been recently saying here on the forum that you've been losing weight?

I guess being vegetarian does have it's advantages.... looking like a greek god :D
Huh? I have been losing weight. But sometimes I gain it back. Your mind is stupid and simple. You think that once I lose weight, it's gone forever. Reality doesn't work that way.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote: What is in that container on the table with a blue lid?

p.s. Is this the same Bliss Cafe that you ate at:
http://triportreats.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... aguio.html
It's a container of brown sugar, for the mountain tea that I ordered.

But isn't that hot Chinese girl better to look at than the food? :)

Yes that is the Bliss Cafe that we ate at several times. It's very good with a nice atmosphere.

That blog has some nice shots of the food there.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ouch!

Ever since we got back to Angeles, Dianne and I have been sick with headaches and fatigue. What's going on? Why are we so sensitive, especially since Dianne grew up here?

How come when Rock was here, his health wasn't affected?

I've been screaming out all day, cause I have these weird tension headaches where behind my ears on the rear side of my head, I keep feeling a sharp pain that pulsates on and off like a blinking light. When it hurts, I yell out "OWWW! COME ON!" Plus I feel lightheaded and lethargic, with no energy to move, cook or do errands. What's wrong?

How come other people don't get such strange tension headaches? Most people I ask say they've never had sharp pains behind the ears like I do. I've had these type of headaches all my life. Even when I'm underwater and water gets through my nose, the back of my head immediately has these sharp pains.

How come other people don't have them?

I've taken Tylenol but it doesn't seem to help much, so I put an ice cube on it which helps temporarily.

Also, how come I'm the only one who yells out when I'm in pain? Other people just tolerate them and don't yell out. Why am I different from everyone? Why?!

What do you all do when you are in public and your body has sudden sharp aches and pains? Do you make any noises or keep quiet? How do you keep quiet?

Another example. How come on an airplane, when there is bad turbulence, everyone reads or sleeps or sits tight like nothing is happening, whereas I'm the only one that yells out "Holy shit!" Why am I the only one that reacts to things? Am I oversensitive or overdramatic? How do other people not react to things?

On TV, the characters react to everything that happens. How come I do that, but people in real life don't? What's going on? Why am I so different from everyone, from normal people? What's going on? How come no one has any answers?
Last edited by Winston on July 16th, 2011, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Don't be jealous of the lobotamized.

It could be EMF/electro-smog/dirty electricity. Get lead paint for your walls or build a faraday cage in the room you sleep. Use wired headsets when you're on the cellphone, and use normal cellphones for calls only, not mini-computers with 3 and 4G! Connect to the net using cat5 cables instead of wi-fi when possible. Sit far away from the laptop, use external keyboard and mouse. A desktop would be best but that's probably not possible. These new laptops are real nasty, especially their internal wireless cards. G was fast enough, now they're N and really powerful. I'm electrosensative and get a migraine right away.

Anyways if you make an attempt I'm sure that will cut out one source of your heachaches. Don't worry about lead paint being unhealthy, that's pure propaganda funded by the US government. They wanted to make houses "transparent" and came up with an excuse.

Also drink plenty of water. Best time to drink a lot is before breakfast. It will help you lose weight too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That sounds so complicated. Why don't I just wear a tin foil hat? How do I make one?

It would be interesting to see if that alleviates my head pains.

What about just putting a cooking pot made of metal over my head?

The pain just started again. It's agonizing. Sheesh. How come other people don't have them? It won't f***ing stop! Come on!!!!!!!!!

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

The professional stuff isn't cheap!

http://www.yshield.com/

It has to be grounded as well. But regular leaded paint is already a big improvement.
A tin-foil hat would help block out wi-fi but it won't cover the rest of your body. Unless you want to look like tin-man or C3PO from Starwars. :D
Sleep in as close to an organic environment as possible is what is most important. Your body can handle stress and even damage but you'll always have migraines if you're exposed to all this E-M as well as air pollution during sleep.

Don't sleep on a metal matress (on a daily basis). The springs act like tesla coils and the increaselikely hood of cancer in the abdominal region. Also they're loud and uncomfortable..
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston look what they have, better than a tin-foil hat!
http://www.yshield.com/en/clothing/headscarf

Or you can buy a canopy that will protect and not only from mosquitos
$1000+ http://www.yshield.com/en/canopies/new- ... -doublebed
targetguy
Freshman Poster

happy couple

Post by targetguy »

8) i am glad there are a few happy couples out there i have been divorced for a few years now and would like to get remarried soon myself.
no scammers