I wasn't ready...Manila

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
BigDug
Freshman Poster

I wasn't ready...Manila

Post by BigDug »

Despite all the reports about the extreme overcrowding and poverty, I wasn't ready. I've been to Tijuana many times and the level of filth is comparable IMO. But it is not all that way. There are nice Hotels, malls, and establishments that I've seen so far.

It's basically my first night since I arrived late last night and went straight to hotel. Today I changed hotels and the trip was 2 hours. In Manila. 25 km. 2 hours. Not sure if it's coincidence but I'm getting sick. Only seems to flare up in air conditioning. Extreme sinus pressure and drippage.

But all and all, I wasn't ready for the extreme poverty. I can handle it, but I feel like I need to be careful. There's a difference in the desire to rob when it moves from "I want stuff" to "I need stuff to survive".

Haven't made my way to any of the campuses yet. Right now I'm enjoying some overpriced beer at the hobbit house. Guess it costs a lot to import beers.

Local beers are decent. I've had and hated Sam
Mig premium so it was nice to see that I like the pale pils. Still can't find the negra.

I'll post more later. Haven't made my way to any of the action. Not really as gun ho on it like Thailand for some reason.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

BigDug
Freshman Poster

Post by BigDug »

Oh and any of you living nearby, I'd like to meet up. Let me know! I'm buyin!