In Brazil and loving it!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Congrats Stephen!Really happy to hear that. Where in Brasil are you? I'm sure you'll love Brasil as Brasil and Brasilians are truly special. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Parabens cara e muita sorte pra vc!!!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Jacaré wrote:Congrats Stephen!Really happy to hear that. Where in Brasil are you? I'm sure you'll love Brasil as Brasil and Brasilians are truly special. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Threadjackin moment: i remember how you said that "white" Brasilians are catching onto WASP pride and making it their own version. So you are two faced.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

djfourmoney wrote:Thread is worthless without pictures...
i will have some soon
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Jacaré wrote:Congrats Stephen!Really happy to hear that. Where in Brasil are you? I'm sure you'll love Brasil as Brasil and Brasilians are truly special. Keep us updated on how it goes.

i'm in salvador.Thanks dude.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 14th, 2013, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Advantages of Latin America over the Philippines- in the Philippines while people treat you nice, if you are a white guy, strangers ( and even people who know you) will always treat you as a foreigner ( not necessarily meaning in a bad way, but still...)- they will not talk to you in Tagalog even if you talk to them in it- they will just answer in English.

They will not ask you for directions. As in never. In Latin America they will.

Like now for example, I wrote a letter in Tagalog to a translation agency in Manila and they immediately replied in English ( although if I were a Filipino, they would reply in Tagalog, I am sure). They do not mean anything bad; they want to accommodate you, but deep inside it is discriminatory because they do not treat you as an equal.

When seeing a white guy many become tense like they are standing at attention at school or something and then they are shocked that you speak Tagalog, some react in weird ways and eventually they relax and start talking to you normally. It is a process and a wall that you need to break through all the time.

This would not happen in Latin America- people just speak whatever language is the language of the country to you because THIS. IS. SPARTA! There is no wall or a person feeling tense while looking at you. People kind of expect you to fit in.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 14th, 2013, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:Advantages of Latin America over the Philippines- in the Philippines while people treat you nice, if you are a white guy, strangers ( and even people who know you) will always treat you as a foreigner ( not necessarily meaning in a bad way, but still...)- they will not talk to you in Tagalog even if you talk to them in it- they will just answer in English.

They will not ask you for directions. As in never. In Latin America they will.

Like now for example, I wrote a letter in Tagalog to a translation agency in Manila and they immediately replied in English ( although if I were a Filipino, they would reply in Tagalog, I am sure). They do not mean anything bad; they want to accommodate you, but deep inside it is discriminatory because they do not treat you as an equal.

When seeing a white guy many become tense like they are standing at attention at school or something and then they are shocked that you speak Tagalog, some react in weird ways and eventually they relax and start talking to you normally. It is a process and a wall that you need to break through all the time.

This would not happen in Latin America- people just speak whatever language is the language of the country to you because THIS. IS. SPARTA! There is no wall or a person feeling tense while looking at you. People kind of expect you to fit in.
Okay I can see why Phil's are great in the beginning (women, English), but LA is a better long term fit (integration, feeling truly a part of the country).

So is LA your next venue? If so, where?

Or are you hopelessly addicted to the Phil's... and just warning the rest of us?

Comment on dit en francais, "Sauve qui peut!"
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Dragon wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Thread is worthless without pictures...
Pictures must include boobies.
And pictures of that Brazilian Bunda!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

TRUE. No matter how Philippinized a foreigner is, he/she IS and WILL ALWAYS be, an OUTSIDER.

I'm also often considered an outsider in my own country, but that is because I have foreign wavelength for the most part.
The good thing is that it will not affect a man's life too much as most people will still hang out with you and you can make friends, date girls with no major problems, rent apartments and even get a job where they will pay you more money than they do to a local. In 90% of cases the discrimination is seeing you as being superior to them. In 10% of cases it is hostility and mistrust. And it is natural if you look different from the majority. Integration is not hard in the Philippines, assimilation is. But again, how much will all these affect your daily life? Not much. You just get used to it.

I also have to give credit to some Filipinos who called me a Tagalog or a Visayan and they meant it. Because I spoke the languages. They were talking to other people about me and saying-" that man is a Visayan". The problem is usually with strangers, people who do not know you. But it is still very good comparatively speaking. So the above annoyances such as people talking to you in English should be taken as what they are- they do not mean anything bad really. In the deep provinces such as in Bulacan, they only talked to me in Tagalog. There were no white people there so they did not really single me out much. Umupo ka, magkafe tayo!

In a lot of other countries in Asia, you will just be excluded from everything and they will not even rent to you. Let alone date you or want to hang out with you.

Still, it is not as good as say mixed Latin American countries where you will just be treated as a local most of the time. Argentina comes to mind. They all thought I was a local, same in Uruguay.

But, the girls are not as pretty. So, I am not sure where I will end up. It is best to always go out of where you are and experience yourself being seen through different eyes. Like now I am out of the Philippines and in OH and it is nice not being seen as a foreigner by strangers.

But if you have to be a foreigner, the Philippines is the kindest country to foreigners there is.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Fallouts
Freshman Poster

Post by Fallouts »

I plan on going to Brazil in 2013, I'll be going in March or April and want to stay as long as humanly possible. I'd like to stay in Rio for a month, then head up to Salvador as the atmosphere I'm told is right up my alley. I really need a break from the US, been living in NY all my life and find myself so jaded towards people here. I've been talking to a nice Brazilian girl from Juazeiro on Facebook for a few months now, and she's one of the nicest and most pleasant women I have ever spoken to. All of her pictures are tasteful and pretty much 75% of them are of her family, she has yet to ask me how much money I make, which is just mindblowing for me.

Can you tell me how much the average 1 bedroom apartment costs in Salvador?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

@#$##!!

Post by E_Irizarry »

Fallouts wrote:I plan on going to Brazil in 2013, I'll be going in March or April and want to stay as long as humanly possible. I'd like to stay in Rio for a month, then head up to Salvador as the atmosphere I'm told is right up my alley. I really need a break from the US, been living in NY all my life and find myself so jaded towards people here. I've been talking to a nice Brazilian girl from Juazeiro on Facebook for a few months now, and she's one of the nicest and most pleasant women I have ever spoken to. All of her pictures are tasteful and pretty much 75% of them are of her family, she has yet to ask me how much money I make, which is just mindblowing for me.

YOU UNMITIGATED FOOL. CAN YOU TAKE THIS REVEALING POST DOWN? ALOT OF PEOPLE READ THIS AND WANT TO TRAVEL THERE AND CORRUPT THE CULTURE!!!!! SEE WHAT I MEAN NOW SKATEBOARD STEPHEN This idiot fallouts lips are trying to sink ships!!!

1. DON'T YOU GET IT? YOU NAMED A SMALL CITY IN BRASIL THAT CAN BE CORRUPTED BECAUSE YOU MENTIONED IT!!!!! KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF AND DON'T TELL THE REST OF THE ONLINE WORLD THAT SHIT U IDIOT.

YOU ARE FROM NY..A FEMINIST HELLHOLE
...BY CREATING THIS POST U IDIOT U ARE GOING TO MAKE A BRASILIAN SMALL CITY PLACE OF NICE PEOPLE BECOME FLUENT IN ENGLISH AND FLUENT AND ACCEPTING OF FEMINISM. AMERICAN MEN LIKE U R TOO DAMN MATRIARCHAL FOR OUR OWN GOOD.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Fallouts
Freshman Poster

Re: @#$##!!

Post by Fallouts »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Fallouts wrote:I plan on going to Brazil in 2013, I'll be going in March or April and want to stay as long as humanly possible. I'd like to stay in Rio for a month, then head up to Salvador as the atmosphere I'm told is right up my alley. I really need a break from the US, been living in NY all my life and find myself so jaded towards people here. I've been talking to a nice Brazilian girl from Juazeiro on Facebook for a few months now, and she's one of the nicest and most pleasant women I have ever spoken to. All of her pictures are tasteful and pretty much 75% of them are of her family, she has yet to ask me how much money I make, which is just mindblowing for me.

YOU UNMITIGATED FOOL. CAN YOU TAKE THIS REVEALING POST DOWN? ALOT OF PEOPLE READ THIS AND WANT TO TRAVEL THERE AND CORRUPT THE CULTURE!!!!! SEE WHAT I MEAN NOW SKATEBOARD STEPHEN This idiot fallouts lips are trying to sink ships!!!

1. DON'T YOU GET IT? YOU NAMED A SMALL CITY IN BRASIL THAT CAN BE CORRUPTED BECAUSE YOU MENTIONED IT!!!!! KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF AND DON'T TELL THE REST OF THE ONLINE WORLD THAT SHIT U IDIOT.

YOU ARE FROM NY..A FEMINIST HELLHOLE
...BY CREATING THIS POST U IDIOT U ARE GOING TO MAKE A BRASILIAN SMALL CITY PLACE OF NICE PEOPLE BECOME FLUENT IN ENGLISH AND FLUENT AND ACCEPTING OF FEMINISM. AMERICAN MEN LIKE U R TOO DAMN MATRIARCHAL FOR OUR OWN GOOD.
You've discovered my plot, my goal for going to Brazil is to bring about it's downfall and make it more like the place I hate living in.
Chad114
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad114 »

Thanks for the tip on Juazeiro me and my boys will check it out.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Wassup homey! Im in the forums now thanks to you.

Guys this guy made it work and is an awesome guy offline. Good job dude!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?