Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

China expat report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Paloaltoguy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Seeker wrote: I have a girlfriend and 2 year old baby son whom I stay with every weekend, my girlfriend works at another school in a nearby city. Chinese people assume my girlfriend is Chinese but my son looks very different, with his large eyes, curly hair and thick, long eyelashes even longer than mine he doesn't look Asian at all despite being mixed. The attention that this little man gets is far beyond any other baby that I've ever seen. In department stores he gets mobbed by women getting right in his face, wherever I take him I keep overhearing "piao liang" (beautiful) over and over again, when I take him on the school campus a small crowd of girls gather around, one time I took him on a night out with us and all the girls there lined up to kiss him on the lips (I never should have allowed that). All this goes to show just how much Chinese women are enthralled by a cute, beautiful, exotic look. If he wasn't mine I would be jealous, but as it is I can live vicariously through him! :lol:

Aww, how cute

Freshman Poster

Postby Seeker » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:38 am

KokujinKrusader wrote:I got the same thing (to a lesser degree, I get the same here in the States too though), although I wasn't lifting as much being a smaller guy. I guess being a little guy putting up reasonable weight is an attention getter (and in the case of China, being the only foreigner at the gym).

Are you the guy in that blog? Unless you're another black guy who's recently returned from a trip to China and Taiwan. :lol:
Freshman Poster

Re: China expat report

Postby MitchelJames » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Just visited Beijing a month ago and Internet is such a big problem. China has a firm restrictions on their internet connections. I asked a friend who have been in China and suggested to use a VPN connection like
Freshman Poster

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories