The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post by globe-trotter »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Globe have you thought of getting in an arrangemed marriage in India? Im probably gonna go to india soemday. If you have the cash then pay up to the parents and get married then youll be good to go.
No, I have no interest at all in marriage. I headed to the Philippines, not to find a wife or a girlfriend, but to experience a fling with an attractive woman & then return home.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

You dont want marriage, but then you dont want bargirls. but you want cheap dating sluts who give it up right away. Yet you dont even feel comfortable with sex yourself but want those types of girls. Its a contradiction. You need a wife cause it will be more than sex. or just stay alone if that frightens you.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

How about alcohol? have you tried getting wasted and see if the takes the repulsion away?
Also, i thought you were gonna have a wingman when you were first planning to come to southamerica, what happened to that guy?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
are you saying only filipina women go for large age gaps compared to Indian? Most filipinas dont go for large age gaps either its just they been exposed to foreigners more so there is a few that will. Maybe as you see more foreigners in India the same will happen there.
Its just the beginning...get ready to be buried in equations :D ....

Not only large age gap but also your caste, creed, your astrological chart, your income, your height....if you want a good Indian girl which only come from good Indian family...get ready to pass all these tests....You have set standards too high for an Indian girl now...

Only a factor called Luck can get you Indian girl that easily...
Last edited by starchild5 on February 3rd, 2015, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

MrBlueLight wrote:OP: When I fail in the Philippines, it is definitely not my fault, it is the country's fault. And when I fail at anything, it is everyone else's fault!

There is a saying that if you can't get laid (for free) in the Philippines, you should shoot yourself.

A cute Pinay just left my place after a round of hot passion. I am in Manila btw.

High five to starchild5. That model girl looks good! I hope you didn't just befriend her, but that you actually managed to get inside that cute missus
True...Some people have unrealistic expectation from Philippines on a crazy level...Even I don't expect to become a millionaire, have a great life the moment I land in America...The so called American Dream....then why would people in first world countries expect a great deal from third world countries without even trying.

There is something seriously wrong with people in the west who blame Philippines for their shortcomings.

Yeah....I had a great time with both of them, I wouldn't be able to get a beauty like that in India in a day ,,,,,also get laid without any drama....The thing I love most about Philippines is...They are so down to earth, no attitude, no drama that I even feel ashamed sometime being from India.

We claim to have so much culture and history but have not learned what respect is, how to be decent and behave.....We Indians still have a lot of learning to do.
Last edited by starchild5 on February 3rd, 2015, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Indians have large age gaps too, sometimes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-son.html

This Indian dude here is 97 years old and has 2 sons with his 40-something wife. :o

Yeah That was a very odd case for India...which is the reason it made it to main stream papers....but it happens in remote places like winning a lottery in some parts but its not the norm that NewLife can expect when he lands in India :)
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:You dont want marriage, but then you dont want bargirls. but you want cheap dating sluts who give it up right away. Yet you dont even feel comfortable with sex yourself but want those types of girls. Its a contradiction. You need a wife cause it will be more than sex. or just stay alone if that frightens you.
Actually, the primary reason for going to the Philippines was to discover if I could or could not perform sexually. It was more about therapy than pleasure.
I did a similar experiment in D.R. back in 2006, and my conclusion at the time was that I didn't like sex. But lately, I have begun to question this conclusion because I felt that I had not really tried hard enough on that trip. I was only with a couple of girls, and made half-assed efforts. The purpose of this trip was to discover if I could perform sexually if I got really horny. Unfortunately, I didn't see anyone in the bars that aroused me. Lots of attractive girls, but none I was really attracted to.

I saw a grand total of 2 girls that I really wanted to have sex with in the Philippines. One girl was working in the mall. She showed no indication that she liked me, and even if she had, I am too awkward and anxious to approach anyone and perform 'game'. I've just never been good at this.
The second girl I saw from the balcony of my hotel in Angeles City. She was walking with an older white guy. She was most likely a working girl. I looked for her in the bars for the next couple of nights, but saw no sign of her. She was probably too busy screwing that guy. I wonder where the hell he found her.
Last edited by globe-trotter on February 3rd, 2015, 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

[quote="droid"]...
Last edited by globe-trotter on February 3rd, 2015, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

droid wrote:How about alcohol? have you tried getting wasted and see if the takes the repulsion away?
Also, i thought you were gonna have a wingman when you were first planning to come to southamerica, what happened to that guy?
It's funny that you mention alcohol. My brother told me the same thing when I spoke to him on the phone today. But the problem in the Philippines wasn't even about being repulsed. It never got that far to begin with. I wasn't naked with anyone during my entire stay.

As for the wingman, he bailed out on me, so I was forced to travel alone.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

starchild5 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
are you saying only filipina women go for large age gaps compared to Indian? Most filipinas dont go for large age gaps either its just they been exposed to foreigners more so there is a few that will. Maybe as you see more foreigners in India the same will happen there.
Its just the beginning...get ready to be buried in equations :D ....

Not only large age gap but also your caste, creed, your astrological chart, your income, your height....if you want a good Indian girl which only come from good Indian family...get ready to pass all these tests....You have set standards too high for an Indian girl now...

Only a factor called Luck can get you Indian girl that easily...

ouch. maybe i should skip india then. Sounds brutal. I mean women aren't my main focus but i dont want to go to a country where the women are nuts LOL. Do you think westernization or christian indians are different though? Id only pursue westernized/christian indians and i wont be traveling real soon either.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

Rock wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:OP: When I fail in the Philippines, it is definitely not my fault, it is the country's fault. And when I fail at anything, it is everyone else's fault!

There is a saying that if you can't get laid (for free) in the Philippines, you should shoot yourself.

A cute Pinay just left my place after a round of hot passion. I am in Manila btw.

High five to starchild5. That model girl looks good! I hope you didn't just befriend her, but that you actually managed to get inside that cute missus
Getting laid in the Philippines for free felt as distant to me as hitting Powerball-- in other words, it's felt like a remote dream. I didn't even consider the possibility.
- It takes me like a month just to start getting a remote sense of what makes a country tick if I go in cold (no online pipelining, connections from overseas locals, etc.). If you don't wanna do P4P or quasi P4P (think Africa, Haiti, other local much poorer than Phils), then it's very unlikely that you will hit the ground running with the ladies unless you have some kind of strong edge. You will need weeks if not months to figure out whether or not you can date attractive normal girls and if so, how you can go about it.

- I don't fully agree with Winston or Taco that Philippines is a country full of young women who smile, make eye contact with you, or even flirt. That may very well happen frequently in parts of Russia/CIS or areas of LatAm. But young Filipinas, especially when away from their comfortable group tend to be shy about interacting with strangers, especially foreign males who don't speak their first language. Even in Angeles City bars, girls are sometimes shy or even afraid of customers. In general service job roles, the local are very polite, patient, and extremely tolerant when dealing with irate complainers. They really have a sweet side to them. It's really very different from Thailand where the anger often just seethes below the surface. And yes, the really attractive guys may get lots of glances from girls here and there. But many of the good looking girls often still have bfs who are just average or worse and vice versa. Flirting does not equal dates does not equal intimacy. You may get one or more without the other(s).

- As for age, most couples you see about anywhere in the world are comprised of people of similar age. Tell me if you know any exceptions to this rule cus I have yet to witness or read about one. BUT, in some countries, high age gaps are a lot more achievable than in others. In Philippines, I do see the odd mismatched couple, much older guy with girl who is not only young but also cute to quite attractive. I've seen it with young Filipinas matched with local guys, Asian foreigners, middle eastern foreigners, and even white or black foreigners. Even more commonly, you will see a more 'native' looking young local girl with a very old white guy. The sense I get about Filipinas so far is that even if they are initially motivated for financial reasons to be with such a guy, they can develop genuine feelings for him over time. Many province girls seem very simple and easy to please. There focus is on the guy's attitude and how he treats her as a person. This contrasts sharply from the vibe I get in other areas where I've observed such age gap unions involving westerner guys and local women - Thailand, DR, Colombia, Brazil, etc.

- Personally, I have been able to genuinely attract women here who's mirror equivalents in USA would not have given me the time of day 10 years ago or more. Taiwan was my Happier Abroad watershed country and I am fluent in the language there. But now I believe I can do better here in Philippines if the components for comparison are the girls age, appearance, and genuine feelings for me. This belief is based on my long term experience living and traveling in all three countries.

- If you don't wanna invest any time, make any effort, or adapt yourself to special circumstances of a country AND you have no relevant edge AND you hope to get instant attention, dates, and/or sex from the local ladies then all I can tell you is that you are on the wrong planet!
Hi, Rock. I love the interviews you did with Winston. I've listened to them several times over. Very compelling and informative. I would love to hear more.

Yes, similar to what I stated in my original post, I agree that most couples [around the world] are comprised of people of similar age. It's just a fact of nature that young women like young men. Young men's sperm is superior, and young men are more 'fit for duty' to father a child than old men are. An older man would have to make a substantial offering to a young woman in order to offset his disadvantages. But even then, I question whether he could draw genuine feelings of attraction from a young woman. Maybe you're the rare exception, but that is the sad reality for the vast majority of men reaching a certain age. They will feel as if they are being punished for a crime that they never committed.
Last edited by globe-trotter on February 3rd, 2015, 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

starchild5 wrote:Image
They do look like aliens with the freak contacts I hate (or aren't they, starchild........... :shock: )
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

have you had sex with a girl you loved before? You know you kind of remind me of how i felt when i first started having sex but it was p4p i really didn't enjoy it at all. the first time i enjoyed sex was with a p4p girl but it was a bargirl in the philippines. because it felt different than an american hooker etc. as they say the girlfriend experience. To this day i still am turned off by hoes and even often the act of sex with them. part of it for moral reasons but part of it cause it just seems icky. now i was with a bargirl for over a year but it didn't seem like it cause i tried to turn into what i thought was a relationship or a girl who i thought had feelings. but she was later exposed but i kept it going cause i was attached at that point.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:have you had sex with a girl you loved before? You know you kind of remind me of how i felt when i first started having sex but it was p4p i really didn't enjoy it at all. the first time i enjoyed sex was with a p4p girl but it was a bargirl in the philippines. because it felt different than an american hooker etc. as they say the girlfriend experience. To this day i still am turned off by hoes and even often the act of sex with them. part of it for moral reasons but part of it cause it just seems icky. now i was with a bargirl for over a year but it didn't seem like it cause i tried to turn into what i thought was a relationship or a girl who i thought had feelings. but she was later exposed but i kept it going cause i was attached at that point.
Very, very good point.

No, I have never had sex with a girl I loved before. I've always wondered how this would feel compared to p4p. In fact, the whole reason why I chose to go to the Philippines over any other country was because of the promise of having 'the girlfriend experience' there. I was told by many that the Philippines was the optimal place for this, that if I didn't experience it there, I would not experience it anywhere. Alas.

I, too, am turned off by prostitutes. All my sexual experiences (aside from a couple of lame make out sessions and mild petting) have been with prostitutes. I don't even know what it's like to have sex with a regular girl. Is it better, especially if I have strong feelings for her? I'll probably never know.

I do know that being with a prostitute is a cold, businesslike experience, which is the exact opposite of the intimacy I should be getting. Subconsciously, it's troubling to be with a woman who doesn't really want you. It invalidates your manhood, making you feel inadequate and undesirable.
Part of the thrill of hooking up with a woman is knowing that she's genuinely into you. Take that away, and what you're left with is the nagging feeling that you're a pitiful sexual charity case.
But besides all this, there is something that physically puts me off to most prostitutes. Maybe it's that they look too 'fake' or 'perfect', like an android or Barbie doll (breast implants, too much make up, too symmetrical, etc.). I prefer a real woman, with all her physical flaws, uniqueness and imperfections. Actually, it's these imperfections that makes her look more human and desirable to me.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

i actually found the bargirl more satisfying for me than a regular girl(s) i had after that in philippines. basically you just need to find a girl that gives a damn and some prostitutes actually can give you a girlfriend experience or even develop feelings for you. Alot though wont and i found most bargirls in philippines a total turn off like american hoes. If you find a genuine nice girl in the philippines fro the bar she can make you bust so many nuts youll actually go mentally nuts for sex. I went from being turned off from hoes and having trouble getting hard (and to this day i still have trouble getting hard with one night stands or prostitutes) to literally screwing 5 times a day the very day we met for on. There was a bargirl i had befor her when i first went to the country and she was nice and all and was the first time i enjoyed sex cause it felt real but she was ugly and i flew down to cebu where i met the bargirl who i kept at for a very long time over 3 trips.

I think its cause you haven't had a girl love you.