Just got back from Puerto Rico

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Just got back from Puerto Rico

Post by statnerd »

I just got back from 10 wonderful days in Puerto Rico. I don't believe I've been anywhere with such laid back, nice people. They seemed chill and relaxed. Puerto Rico is absolutely beautiful - hilly tropical island with many fantastic beaches, turquoise water, and not overrun with tourists with the exception of old San Juan. I recommend visiting Vieques as well. There are many secluded beaches, horses wandering around the island, and friendly people. I could spend a week or more there just chilling out on the beach.

Almost all of the buildings are made out of concrete and although there are nice areas, there are also many run down areas. A lot of the houses have bars on the doors and windows. If it weren't for the many American chain businesses, it would look like a different country. The cities don't look like anything I've seen in the states.

Also, even though Spanish is the primary language, most of the people can speak English fairly well. It is pricy though. Gas, food, hotels are not cheap. Gas was around $4 per gallon. I stayed at hotels that were on the low end, around $80 per night, but there were many hotels that were around $200 per night.

The younger women are attractive but many of the older ones are fat. They kind of remind me of Mexicans in that regard.

Anyway, I enjoyed my time there and would love to go back.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Re: Just got back from Puerto Rico

Post by willymonfrete »

my sis went to puerto rico and she liked it but said transportation was unreliable and you needed a car?is that correct?
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Re: Just got back from Puerto Rico

Post by statnerd »

Unless you plan on staying in San Juan, I'd recommend getting a car. The main attractions in San Juan can be seen in about a day - the forts and old San Juan.