Harassed, interrogated, searched by US customs for being a lonely male travelling

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Harassed, interrogated, searched by US customs for being a lonely male travelling

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

kangarunner wrote:
January 9th, 2024, 12:13 pm
@Natural_Born_Cynic Let me tell you a story. One time this dumb country white boy came up to me randomly at a shitty factory job I was unlucky to work at, and said "HEY, do you need me to take YOU HOME and JERK YOU OFF TOO?" That was 14 years ago. I still want to kill him. I have his name and photo and facebook page. I'm thinking about knifeing him.
:lol:
LOL WTF! That's funny as hell.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Harassed, interrogated, searched by US customs for being a lonely male travelling

Post by kangarunner »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 9th, 2024, 12:17 pm
Well forgive me, I'm a Northerner from New Jersey. We Northerners think Southerners have the "Southern Hospitality" and people are more laid back and sh*t. I guess not. I hear yeah. Vietnam must've been an eye opening experience for you. So as Colombia.

Same here up North and New York City. New York City is sh*t now because the city accepted too many illegal immigrants and third worlders.
New Yorkers are total assholes at the subway and at the streets and they don't give a sh*t about you.

This short video from 2006, demonstrate the famous New York City Welcome. Still same today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WggbJDMD-QM
LOL, there is zero southern hospitality. That does not exist. At all. I'll explain something. It may seem slower and more peaceful coming from the North to the South. But live down there for over 2 years, and you'll see that people have the same attitude as Northerners, it's just they hide it behind a fakeness a little bit better.

I watched that video above. Obviously Borat does not exist in real life, and he was pestering other people on purpose which made them angry. Someone who has a sense of culture wouldn't go up to strangers randomly and do that.

I was in Manhattan for 1 day and it seemed very anonymous. Like people didn't even notice that I existed when I was walking. I was also in Chicago and that city is similar.

The whole of America sucks. I've had so many awful experiences. You basically find a close friend group and stick with them. The thing I love about Vietnam is that they're very friendly here.

There's something called "reverse culture shock". It's when you return to your home country after living abroad. In 2022, when I came back to America it was the most depressing thing getting off the plane into the Memphis airport. I literally felt my happy spirit from Asia just sink away and this black dark energy hit me when I saw the cold grey sky of Memphis. I looked down from the plane window at all the cars driving around and thought I'm about to go back into hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

January 9th, 2024, 12:26 pm
kangarunner wrote:
@Natural_Born_Cynic Let me tell you a story. One time this dumb country white boy came up to me randomly at a shitty factory job I was unlucky to work at, and said "HEY, do you need me to take YOU HOME and JERK YOU OFF TOO?" That was 14 years ago. I still want to kill him. I have his name and photo and facebook page. I'm thinking about knifeing him.
@Natural_Born_Cynic Serious question. Why is that funny? I have ongoing PTSD from that guy bullying/abusing me at that shitty factory job.

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

kangarunner wrote:
January 9th, 2024, 12:30 pm
January 9th, 2024, 12:26 pm
kangarunner wrote:
@Natural_Born_Cynic Serious question. Why is that funny? I have ongoing PTSD from that guy bullying/abusing me at that shitty factory job.
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. Forget what I said. He is one nasty son of a b*tch.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

kangarunner wrote:
January 9th, 2024, 12:29 pm
January 9th, 2024, 12:17 pm
Well forgive me, I'm a Northerner from New Jersey. We Northerners think Southerners have the "Southern Hospitality" and people are more laid back and sh*t. I guess not. I hear yeah. Vietnam must've been an eye opening experience for you. So as Colombia.

Same here up North and New York City. New York City is sh*t now because the city accepted too many illegal immigrants and third worlders.
New Yorkers are total assholes at the subway and at the streets and they don't give a sh*t about you.

This short video from 2006, demonstrate the famous New York City Welcome. Still same today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WggbJDMD-QM
LOL, there is zero southern hospitality. That does not exist. At all. I'll explain something. It may seem slower and more peaceful coming from the North to the South. But live down there for over 2 years, and you'll see that people have the same attitude as Northerners, it's just they hide it behind a fakeness a little bit better.

I watched that video above. Obviously Borat does not exist in real life, and he was pestering other people on purpose which made them angry. Someone who has a sense of culture wouldn't go up to strangers randomly and do that.

I was in Manhattan for 1 day and it seemed very anonymous. Like people didn't even notice that I existed when I was walking. I was also in Chicago and that city is similar.

The whole of America sucks. I've had so many awful experiences. You basically find a close friend group and stick with them. The thing I love about Vietnam is that they're very friendly here.

There's something called "reverse culture shock". It's when you return to your home country after living abroad. In 2022, when I came back to America it was the most depressing thing getting off the plane into the Memphis airport. I literally felt my happy spirit from Asia just sink away and this black dark energy hit me when I saw the cold grey sky of Memphis. I looked down from the plane window at all the cars driving around and thought I'm about to go back into hell.
I agree with you. At least on northern New Jersey you get to make more money than the South. Other than that.. the people, the atmosphere,
the grey, brown, prefabricated architecture, the gloomy gray, cold weather, the loneliness, fake friends, high cost of living really drains your energy and soul from your body.

But it seems thank to your recent travels, I might try Vietnam and Colombia in the future.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

January 9th, 2024, 12:31 pm
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. Forget what I said. He is one nasty son of a b*tch.
Ahh. Thanks.

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

kangarunner wrote:
January 9th, 2024, 12:36 pm
January 9th, 2024, 12:31 pm
Ahh. Thanks.
Looking forward to your travel reports again. Because it's more inspiring than Winston's conspiracy Junk threads.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
Was he your supervisor trying to imply you were being lazy, or was this some kind of weird gay pick up line or what?