Just got back from Russia

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I see. Well I'm sorry if I underestimated her hardship.

Why would she have to work though? Usually the owner, who is at the top of the pyramid, works the least. CEO's do far less work than those at the bottom of their company, for example. Far less hardship for sure.

So you leave her $100 each time you see her. Usually Orientals are too ashamed to take such money. So she must really need it badly.

Questions for you:

- I would bet though that if she were a man, you would not leave her $100 each time. Correct?

- If I were in her position, you would not leave me $100, right?

- So if you can afford to leave $100 for someone you feel sorry for, how come when you own friend can't afford a $2 drink one night, you just say "Too bad"? Why?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Vinstonas wrote:I see. Well I'm sorry if I underestimated her hardship.

Why would she have to work though?

....who is at the top of the pyramid, works the least. CEO's do far less work than those at the bottom of their company, for example. Far less hardship for sure.
'Cause there ain't no pyramid. She' s got a few restaurants staffed by Filipino cooks and waitresses on who a$$ she has to be every minute of the day to make sure they do not slip and put sugar and mango in sushi and that they do not upset her Japanese customers.

Maybe she cannot afford too many employees and she always goes from place to place to supervise them
and make sure that things are running the Japanese way. Plus she is always making food herself as well. I guess her Filipino employees cannot be trusted with making Japanese quality food.
So you leave her $100 each time you see her. Usually Orientals are too ashamed to take such money. So she must really need it badly.
Not just when I see her. I stay/sleep at her house and she serves me food. She also asks her driver to take me to the airport and he does.

Questions for you:

- I would bet though that if she were a man, you would not leave her $100 each time. Correct?
If he were a 76 year old man, busting his balls 13-15 hours per day in a foreign country working like a dog and still not being able to make ends meet, and I stayed at his house and he served me food and let his driver drive me to the airport, I would.
- If I were in her position, you would not leave me $100, right?
If I stayed at your house and your served me food and let your driver drive me to the airport, I would. Why don't you invite me?
So if you can afford to leave $100 for someone you feel sorry for, how come when you own friend can't afford a $2 drink one night, you just say "Too bad"? Why?
Because my friends do not look needy ( facial expression-wise) and I do not spend nights in their house with them opening up their hearts and telling me how hard their lives are ( in spite of how hard they work) as this lady does. If they do and tell me that it is hard for them, I will. You have told me now, and next time the drink is on me.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sure I'll cook and feed you and house you and drive you to the airport if you come here. lol

I don't understand why you feel that your friends have to look poor, needy and suffering from hardship in order for you to treat them. That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Friends treat each other all the time regardless of how "needy" they are. But in my case, I told you that the drinks were getting too expensive for me and that I can't afford so many at a time like you can. Part of it was an emotional response at having spent so much lately, sometimes unnecessarily. Why wasn't that enough for you to say "Oh don't worry about it, I'll cover you then" as most guys would have done, especially since you had $24,000 extra cash? I mean, if a guy tells you he's short on cash and he's your friend, isn't that enough? In that case, usually you cover him, regardless of how needy or in hardship he looks. I cover my friends too in such situations and I did yesterday in fact.

How is it that you are way more spendy than me, but less generous than me toward his friends? Isn't that a bit of a paradox?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ladislav,

I don't understand something. Why does a friend of yours have to be "down on his luck" for you to treat him? You've seen TV shows and movies where guy buddies who haven't seen each other in a while say "Hey, how's it been? Let me go buy you a drink and we'll talk!" Or when they go out, they say "This one's on me". Or at the end of the episode, they will say "Come on, let's go. I'll buy you a drink." Right? It's common for friends to treat each other, even if they're not down on their luck. So how come you never do that?

starkeep
Freshman Poster

Post by starkeep »

8) I think you would have been better off spending that kind of money on a fiance or someone who appreciates it for life.
fed up
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 24000

Post by ladislav »

starkeep wrote:8) I think you would have been better off spending that kind of money on a fiance or someone who appreciates it for life.
All your eggs in one basket?Been there, done that. Then they do something that freaks me out or they get tired of me. Why not diversify?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!