Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Post by OutWest »

Voyager1 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbQQBzXAQ1Q[/youtube]

Filled with errors!

For a clear view, go here: clear pics and intelligent discussion.
https://www.metabunk.org/views-of-toron ... ure.t8149/
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Look at that, almost 26,000 views. Winston, I think you should cut me a check for increasing web traffic.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:
Voyager1 wrote:
Winston wrote:On a flat surface, if you can see a light from half of the surface, then you can from the other half too. There's no way around this. It doesn't matter how far away the Sun is, whether it's 300 miles away or 93 million. What this means is that if the Sun is visible during the daytime - and we all know how bright the Sun is - then it MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST, be visible at nighttime too. There's no way around this. Even if for some odd reason the Sun was not visible to the naked eye at night, then it would have to be visible from a telescope at least, if the Earth were flat.
Winston, you lack understanding. During the time of "sunset" the sun is getting less and less bright. That's because it's getting further away from our vantage point. The light of the sun also is travelling horizontally through a gas (the atmosphere) to reach us. Eventually it gets far enough away we no longer see it's light and it becomes "night" where we are. The sun is closest to us at mid day where it is hottest and brightest and it's rays are travelling vertically towards us. Make sense?
Adama wrote:Winston has apparently never heard of the artist's perspective. A simple search will reveal how the sun disappears via perspective, not because of the roundness of the earth.
That doesn't explain anything. The Sun is a VERY bright object. If you don't believe it then try staring at it in the daytime and see how long you can gaze at it. Enough said.

If at night the Sun is too far away to see, then how can you see the stars at night? The stars are thousands of times LESS bright than the Sun. If you can see the stars, and the Sun is on the other side of a flat earth surface, then WHY can't you see the Sun at all? That's the big question here that you can't get around. There's no way around this. You guys cannot possibly explain this away. It's a lost cause. So you might as well give it up. Think about it.

Again, get a flat dish plate out and a ball out, as I described above, and play with it and see what I mean. There is no way around this.
Nice to see you really have some common sense.
Winston wrote:To Droid:

You still haven't answered one question. If Earth is moving at 67,000 mph around the Sun, and our solar system is moving at 500,000 mph around the galaxy, then how come the North Star, Polaris, is ALWAYS above the North Pole in the exact same place and never moves an inch? How can that be? I asked you many times. But you keep dodging this question. Why?
Like I stated, the groups of nearby stars are travelling in more or less the same direction, all orbiting the galaxy. The distances involved are enormous, yet as I've repeatedly referenced, there are proven parallax and even motion measurements, showing displacement throughout the year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_parallax
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.38 ... hPage=true

Those distances are hard to imagine, but the observations match and this is still more believable than a 'firmament' that, magically, doesn't collapse under the weight of the water it's holding, and one which doesn't show its walls' flatness as we move around the pancake earth and so on.
Winston wrote: Also, can you explain why, if the Earth is 93 million miles away, then how come a slight tilt forward or backward makes a huge difference in temperature, such as the difference between Winter and Summer? At 93 million miles away, a tilt should make no difference right?
Trigonometry explains this Winston. When a surface is facing a light upfront it gets 100% of the energy on its area. If you tilt it you get a reduced amount of photons per unit area, proportional to the cosine of the angle.
The earth's tilt is not small, 26 degrees means that you get only 90% of the energy. At the very least you would expect a drop in temperature of 10%, but from absolute zero, not from "zero" on the thermometer.

But it gets more extreme than that, for places that face the sun head on during the summer, they have a surface tilt of 52 degrees six months later, meaning they get just 61% of the energy. If it wasn't for the atmosphere those places would get really cold, similarly to, ahem, the moon surface at night :wink:
Add to this that, 'assuming the earth is round' lol, you also get longer nights in winter and longer days in summer.

Just take a small solar cell and a lamp and do this experiment yourself, see how tilting the cell dramatically reduces the voltage and current.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

You can't out think a computer, give it up Winston......
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Droid,
How do you explain this? Why do stars look like transparent plasma balls when you zoom in on them?

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLf52DQjPc[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

^They're giant luminescent unicellular organisms splattered on the "dome". They're 1000 feet across each, but only 5000 miles or so away.
So parallax is explained because they move when the scientists attempt to do the measurements, it's all a giant joke they're playing.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Just curious if any FEers have an answer to the question: What about the Qantas direct flight between Sydney and Santiago, Chile? It takes about 12.5 to 14.5 hours, depending on the direction. According to the flat earth map you usually see, these locales are just too far apart to be connected by a direct flight because the airliners can't carry enough fuel to go 17K miles.

The only answer I've seen from FE people is that this flat earth map was put forward by the globalists, and flat earthers have not settled on their own version of a map of the world, so maybe these locations are much closer than appear on the FE map we usually see. Anyone know any other responses to this argument?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

droid wrote:^They're giant luminescent unicellular organisms splattered on the "dome". They're 1000 feet across each, but only 5000 miles or so away.
So parallax is explained because they move when the scientists attempt to do the measurements, it's all a giant joke they're playing.
Why didnt you answer the serious question? Do you ever wonder about it?

So its all based on parallax? Is parallax an ironclad proven science that is objective and error free?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:Just curious if any FEers have an answer to the question: What about the Qantas direct flight between Sydney and Santiago, Chile? It takes about 12.5 to 14.5 hours, depending on the direction. According to the flat earth map you usually see, these locales are just too far apart to be connected by a direct flight because the airliners can't carry enough fuel to go 17K miles.

The only answer I've seen from FE people is that this flat earth map was put forward by the globalists, and flat earthers have not settled on their own version of a map of the world, so maybe these locations are much closer than appear on the FE map we usually see. Anyone know any other responses to this argument?
Their claim is that such flights are a hoax and dont exist. Or they do exist but that they take long detours and make refueling stops so they arent really direct flights.

See videos by Mark Sargent on YouTube. He has videos about southern flights and is a flat earther.

However, El_caudillo is from New Zealand and he told me that be has flown such a route and indeed it was about 14 hours, and that this is common knowledge in NZ. So many NZers have flown it. Thus only Americans are fooled by the flat earth map. Americans such as Adama. Lol. No offense Adama. Lol.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Just curious if any FEers have an answer to the question: What about the Qantas direct flight between Sydney and Santiago, Chile? It takes about 12.5 to 14.5 hours, depending on the direction. According to the flat earth map you usually see, these locales are just too far apart to be connected by a direct flight because the airliners can't carry enough fuel to go 17K miles.

Their claim is that such flights are a hoax and dont exist. Or they do exist but that they take long detours and make refueling stops so they arent really direct flights.

See videos by Mark Sargent on YouTube. He has videos about southern flights and is a flat earther.

However, El_caudillo is from New Zealand and he told me that be has flown such a route and indeed it was about 14 hours, and that this is common knowledge in NZ. So many NZers have flown it. Thus only Americans are fooled by the flat earth map. Americans such as Adama. Lol. No offense Adama. Lol.

It's evident that the earth is flat. All a person has to do is TRUST THEIR OWN EYES and stop listening to "scientists" who are either just brainwashed themselves or outright deceivers.

But although this topic is a good one, I have my attention focused on more important things, like memorization of the Bible and singing praise to the Lord. So I'm not watching hundreds of Youtube videos to dispel disbelief or to try to convince someone of what's right in front of their eyes. Either you can accept it or you can't. It's not really hard to believe at all. It's just that they don't want to accept it or they're unable to. In either case, I can't help them. Besides, I don't expect other people to care what I think, and neither do I really care about what most other people believe. It's moot. Think what you want. Believe what you want.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:

No, the prevailing view in the movement seems to be that the FE map currently used is distorted, and that the locations are not that far apart when taking the most direct route not too great a distance off the shores of North and South America.

One guy took the flight from Santiago to Sydney and took along his compass. It pointed southwest virtually the entire flight, and the argument was that if they had been flying over a globe the last third or so of the flight it would have pointed NW. They implied that on a flat earth map, with the compassed magnetized toward a north pole in the center, the SW readings make sense.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Heres a disturbing question for you all:

What if the sun and moon are flat discs and not balls or spheres? And there is a dome above us? And the stars are just points of lights or plasma balls and not far away suns? Lol. Suppose all that turned out to be true. Wouldnt that totally f**k up your view of reality, the universe and life itself? Lol. Wouldnt it traumatize you? Lol. It sure would to me.

If you think about it, you never see the moon rotate like a spinning ball. So you cant be sure its sphere shaped. You never see its back side. But it does rotate like a wheel it seems, according to images Ive seen. And some have even detected a period blip running across the moon too, which has been shown on YouTube. So perhaps the moon is a video projection? I dont know. But its interesting to ponder and wonder about, because if true, it will totally f**k up our view of reality completely. Lol

Do you ever dare to wonder or think about this stuff? Lol. Or does it make you uncomfortable so you avoid it or dismiss it with no second thought? Lol.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Knowledge and truth bounce off the mind like a stone. They rarely are able to enter. That's why they can't come to a solid conclusion.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:Heres a disturbing question for you all:

What if the sun and moon are flat discs and not balls or spheres? And there is a dome above us? And the stars are just points of lights or plasma balls and not far away suns? Lol. Suppose all that turned out to be true. Wouldnt that totally f**k up your view of reality, the universe and life itself? Lol. Wouldnt it traumatize you? Lol. It sure would to me.

If you think about it, you never see the moon rotate like a spinning ball. So you cant be sure its sphere shaped. You never see its back side. But it does rotate like a wheel it seems, according to images Ive seen. And some have even detected a period blip running across the moon too, which has been shown on YouTube. So perhaps the moon is a video projection? I dont know. But its interesting to ponder and wonder about, because if true, it will totally f**k up our view of reality completely. Lol

Do you ever dare to wonder or think about this stuff? Lol. Or does it make you uncomfortable so you avoid it or dismiss it with no second thought? Lol.
The point of this deception is to turn reality upside down. They want you to believe in the opposite of reality. This is called beguiling unstable souls. We already know the stars are right above our heads inside the firmament of heaven. We know the sun and the moon are inside the firmament.

People are just willfully blind. The sun and the moon are the same size in the sky, yet through the lies of science, the sun is supposed to be the size of one million earths and is 93 million miles away, and the moon is smaller than the earth and 200,000 miles away, yet in the sky they are the same size. See, people do not even believe their very own eyes. They trust in lies.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

See, they desperately want you convince you that what you see with your eyes is an illusion. But that is delusion. They want to instill this false belief into you, that you should not trust your own eyes. They want to get you to believe the delusion that your eyes are deceived by illusions. No, trust your eyes, not their delusions. They are lying about almost everything there is to know of any consequence. They are deceiving the world for their god.