Is "1+1=2" a math hoax?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Is "1+1=2" a math hoax?

Post by fschmidt »

By the reasoning of this forum, "1+1=2", must be a math hoax. I mean Jews / the global elite / the lizard people all promote the idea that "1+1=2", so there must be a conspiracy to make people believe this, right? That is how people here think. They is why they believe that the moon landings, the Holocaust, the round Earth, and other such things are hoaxes.

I realize that most here don't have the intelligence to understand anything on their own. So I will give you a simple rule of thumb about what to believe. Most popular beliefs that began before 2000 are true, and most popular beliefs that began after 2000 are false. There are exceptions, particularly in medicine and diet where there was corruption much earlier, but generally this rule works. Stop watching long YouTube videos of modern morons. Learn some useful skill so that you aren't completely useless. Following my simple rule of thumb will save you a lot of time and will give you mostly correct beliefs.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Is "1+1=2" a math hoax?

Post by Falcon »

Read the Principia Mathematica by Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell for a very long proof of 1+1=2.

https://blog.plover.com/math/PM.html
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Falcon wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 1:11 am
Read the Principia Mathematica by Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell for a very long proof of 1+1=2.

https://blog.plover.com/math/PM.html
I learned the modern version of this proof in college. I was a math major and I thought this kind of math is bullshit, but I was very good at it, by far the best in my class. Whitehead and Russell were arrogant shits trying to create a perfect mathematical system until Godel ended this delusion. Godel's proof that this is impossible is a joy to read.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The foundations of mathematics have never ceased to fascinate me. It's basically delving in to what actually makes up Platonic forms, which in turn make it possible for the universe to generate a kind of cosmic code for us to exist in.

Did you get a graduate education in theoretical mathematics? I didn't, but I keep studying these topics in my spare time as a personal hobby.

I'm pretty sure that you are also quite familiar with Peano's axioms, ZFC, and Cantor's theory?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Falcon wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 1:53 am
The foundations of mathematics have never ceased to fascinate me. It's basically delving in to what actually makes up Platonic forms, which in turn make it possible for the universe to generate a kind of cosmic code for us to exist in.

Did you get a graduate education in theoretical mathematics? I didn't, but I keep studying these topics in my spare time as a personal hobby.

I'm pretty sure that you are also quite familiar with Peano's axioms, ZFC, and Cantor's theory?
I just got a BA in math. My interest was programming, not math. I am older, so this was long ago and I forgot most of it. I vaguely remember Cantor sets, but not the other stuff. I hate Plato and reject the idea of Platonic forms. Fundamentally I like practical things and good design.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Falcon wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 1:53 am

Falcon can you chime in on a flat earth thread and explore the math side of it? I am not great but doing ok but many here are allergic against math. Maybe you could motivate us guys a bit.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

So you set the date as 2000? Most of the ideas for our cultural rot came in the 1960s.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrPeabody wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 9:53 am
So you set the date as 2000? Most of the ideas for our cultural rot came in the 1960s.
http://www.mikraite.org/Who-to-blame-fo ... p2004.html
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Before the 1960s, the culture was much more healthy as witnessed by a baby boom. The poisonous ideas of the 1960s were all created by secular Jews. The downward slide continues with the forcing of the trans cult onto school children. Of course, Christian tolerance allowed the cancer to spread. The Muslims would have just cut off their heads. Oh by the way, the obvious distinction of man/woman is now being destroyed. I predict that in the near future if you say “1+1=2” in a public forum, you will be arrested for hate speech. It’s coming.
Epsilon99
Freshman Poster

Post by Epsilon99 »

1 x 1 = 1 is a hoax. 1 x 1 really equals 2. How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be.

This is the last century that people will have to be taught that one times one is one.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Epsilon99 wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 2:36 pm
1 x 1 = 1 is a hoax. 1 x 1 really equals 2. How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be.

This is the last century that people will have to be taught that one times one is one.
It is increasingly difficult to distinguish satire from stupidity.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

fschmidt wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 3:22 pm
Epsilon99 wrote:

It is increasingly difficult to distinguish satire from stupidity.
Once the gaslighting magicians take over, your life will get really simple and certainty will reappear. Your only option will be to obey.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Epsilon99 wrote:
Circular reasoning.

Let's try it out. Punch yourself in the face one time with one fist (1x1.) How many punches did you receive?

Now, punch yourself in the face once with one fist. Punch yourself in the face with the same fist. Add those together 1+1=2.
Epsilon99
Freshman Poster

Post by Epsilon99 »

MrMan wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 6:03 pm
Epsilon99 wrote:
Circular reasoning.

Let's try it out. Punch yourself in the face one time with one fist (1x1.) How many punches did you receive?

Now, punch yourself in the face once with one fist. Punch yourself in the face with the same fist. Add those together 1+1=2.
I'll explain it in a way that you'll understand. MrMan is lonely and horny so he goes to Angeles City and pays for one whore and multiplies it by paying for one ladyboy. If you take one whore and multiply it by one ladyboy you have two people (1 whore x 1 ladyboy = 2) for MrMan to spend time with. 1 x 1 = 2.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Epsilon99 wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 8:20 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 6:03 pm
Epsilon99 wrote:
Circular reasoning.

From AI bard:

The person who wrote the statement that 1 x 1 = 2 is wrong. One times one equals one, and that's a fact. Here's a simple example to help you understand:

Imagine you have one square meter of land. You can divide that square meter into four equal squares. Each of those squares is one-fourth of a square meter. If you multiply one-fourth by four, you get one, which is the original square meter.

Here's another example:

Imagine you have a box with one apple in it. If you multiply the number of apples in the box by itself, you still have one apple.

The square root of four is two, but that doesn't mean that one times one equals two. The square root of a number is the number that, when multiplied by itself, equals the original number. So, the square root of four is two because two times two equals four.