Some evils of Jehova

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Some evils of Jehova

Post by Cornfed »

Kalinago wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 12:30 pm
as for myself,all i need in life is a nice blonde girl with a good heart,living in nature,and a decent income.aswell as spirituality and spiritual knowledge,then I'm very happy.
I hope you get to wander off in nature away from all the technology invented by Christian men and see how that works out.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

Cornfed wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 12:36 pm
Kalinago wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 12:30 pm
as for myself,all i need in life is a nice blonde girl with a good heart,living in nature,and a decent income.aswell as spirituality and spiritual knowledge,then I'm very happy.
I hope you get to wander off in nature away from all the technology invented by Christian men and see how that works out.
if we were in the middle ages,I could say the same to you about islamic arab men.

that doesn't make christianity or islam,coherent and true.

they're not.

there's a difference between inner and revealed wisdom and intellect.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Kalinago wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 1:10 pm
if we were in the middle ages,I could say the same to you about islamic arab men.
Historically Islam is a heretical branch of Christianity and a lot of the reasonably modest advances they made were on account of Christian dhimmis. Science is downstream from Christianity, and the fact that Christianity works attests to its superiority.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Kalinago wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 9:15 pm
In jeremiah 19:9 Jehova as punishment will instill cannibalism!
Israel worshipped other gods, contrary to their covenant with YHWH, so YHWH justly had their enemies lay siege to them, and they ate one another' flesh.

The earth is the YHWH's and everything in it. What was formally allocated to these spirit beings is their no longer. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus the Messiah. All people are obligated to obey Him and follow His teachings. Repent and be baptized, and escape the wrath of Yahweh.
in Leviticus 27,Jehova says a consecrated man must be put to death if it's consecrated to him.the verse twenty nine technically can be read in two ways in the Hebrew but both would mean a man should be killed if consecrated to Yahweh.
This is talking about 'herem'. I don't believe anyone would say it is about a descendent of Aaron being consecrated as a priest or a Nazarite being consecrated. It is talking about an enemy. You could look at king Agag in I Samuel 15 to get an idea.
The bible also says a daughter can be sold into slavery,
That's sad, but if it violates men's contemporary mores, why would that make it unjust.
that a slave killed by his master should not be avenged if he dies but survives a day or two because the slave is his master's property
Well, it is his property.

A slave would probably have been much better off among the Jews than living among the pagans. Even in the Roman era, the male slave of pagans might have ended up with some serious hemorrhoids and VD, and the female saves with pregnancies and VD. Canaanite paganism was brutal with human sacrifice. Indian paganism had some human sacrifice to Kali if you go back far enough, and it was under Christian missionary influence that they got rid of burning living widows on their husbands funeral pyres. The Norse also practiced human sacrifice and other forms of brutality. Christianity is a civilizing influence. Judaism was to some degree before Christ.
that a slave family of both gentiles and Hebrews can be passed as an eternal inheritance because they are property.
Female only for Hebrews. Males had a maximum of 7 years service. Slavery was also almost quasi-voluntary since it was illegal to return a slave who fled from his master.
however the Torah contradict itself on the Hebrew slave aspect with Jehovah giving two conflicting laws after changing his feeble mind.
You'd have to point out what you have a problem with. Interpreters can have feeble minds as well.
Jesus also lied and was tempted in every way by the flesh and by Satan in the bible.he lied that the cock would crow only after peter denied him three times,yet he crowed the first time.
Jesus overcame temptation. Quotes from individuals in the Bible are not always to be taken as exact quotes like the newspaper, and that probably was not an expectation in the ancient world. Some passages just give more detail than others. That doesn't mean they are contradictory, just differ in detail.
He was tempted despite rhe bible saying god doesn't tempt or is tempted even though this is contradicted by other verses.
Jesus is the express image of God's person, the divine Logos. There is a distinction between Jesus and the Father. In Matthew, it is the the Devil that tempts Jesus.
To be tempted is a sin in ones heart and thus a sin.
No it does not. Maybe some usages of it __in English__ but not in the context of the relevant passages of scripture. Jesus was tempted in all points like as we are, and yet without sin.

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”