Why is the Bible Called "God's Word" When Everyone Knows MEN Wrote It? 8 Key Points to Consider.

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Gali
Junior Poster

Re: Why is the Bible Called "God's Word" When Everyone Knows MEN Wrote It? 8 Key Points to Consider.

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
December 22nd, 2021, 1:03 am
Some new thoughts and revelations of mine:

Last week I met a new Italian friend and some Taiwanese Christians from Taipei at a restaurant. I noticed that when I asked them how they know the Bible is God's word they can't think of any answer. It simply is and thats that. I don't understand that. Can anyone explain why?

How is it that Christians don't even know why they believe the Bible is God's word? They just believe it and thats that. No reason. It simply is. They see it as a given and default fact, like fire is hot and ice is cold. Am i missing something? Its as if everyone is just a program and follows their program, same as computer characters in a simulation or matrix.

Even in America Christians cannot answer this simple question. I once debated two American Christian missionaries in Moscow and they could not answer such simple questions either. They just wanted me to believe in Jesus and accept him as my savior. The Christians in my forum are similar and cannot answer these simple questions either. The Taiwanese Christians I talked to said the same thing. They said that i shouldn't think too much and just believe and accept Jesus as savior. Why? Shouldn't everything have a logical and valid basis?

If not then why do Christian apologist authors in America like Lee Strobel and Josh McDowell and William Lane Craig claim that Christianity is a reasonable faith that is rational? Even CS Lewis in his book Mere Christianity said that Christianity is a rational faith. So western Christian authors do claim that it is rational to be Christian. If that's so then how come they cant answer a simple question such as: Why is the Bible God's true and sacred word when we all know that men wrote it?

That makes no sense. I wonder if this is a smoking gun that most people are just programs who never think or questions, like NPCs? How else can u explain this? Especially since many Christians are intelligent and educated, like the authors i mentioned above, and not stupid people at all? Any explanation? Have any of you wondered about this too?

Btw I also came to a new realization after talking to intelligent Christians like the Italian expat here. I don't think Christians are brainwashed like atheists claim and that i assumed too. It cannot be that simple. Because if u are brainwashed or hypnotized the effect is only short term and temporary. Eventually u shake it off and realize you were manipulated and then u return to normal. Plus most Christians are not great orators or skilled hypnotists. They are simple humble people who desire to share their Gospel. They do not utilize hypnosis or mind control like atheists assume.

Brainwashing and hypnosis do not result in long term beliefs or lifetime beliefs, such as the case with many Christians. So something deeper must be going on right? Like some metaphysical force at work. Of course Christians will claim that it is God working through the holy spirit. However that doesnt explain why other religions like Mormonism and Islam are able to win long term converts just by sharing their gospel without using any mind control or hypnosis. Thats what they never take into account. Nor does it explain why many people resonate with other religions such as Buddhism. For example famous actors like Richard Gere and Keanu Reeves claim that Buddhism fulfills their soul and makes the most sense to them. So if Christianity is the only truth then why doesnt it resonate or connect with most people? This is a key point that fundamentalist Christians dont take into account and refuse to consider.

So my theory is this........

My theory is that the real reason Christians are Christians is not because of free will or reason or logic or brainwashing or mind control. Its simply their destiny to be Christian so when they hear the gospel it instantly resonates and connects with them. Just like it did for me in 1983 when i first accepted Christ at a Christian summer school. I always assumed that i was brainwashed but now i realize its not that simple. I was simply meant to become a Christian at the time so it felt right and true to me. But when i graduated high school it no longer resonated with me so i started fishing for excuses and reasons to justify leaving the faith and why it is not true.

If you think about it this makes sense and fits everything you see around you. People are essentially actors in life playing a role that the matrix or simulation or God or whatever assigns to them. Thats why people usually look like what they are. For example Bill Gates looks like a computer geek, because he IS a computer geek. Football players look like football players, cops look like cops, military men look like military men, computer nerds look like computer nerds, etc. When u are happy or sad u look happy or sad. So people tend to look like what they really are. Christians also have a Christian face. Even my mom noticed this. When she saw Dr. William Lane Craig and Dr. Kent Hovind on TV she said they have Christian faces so they must be Christian people. Thats true. I also notice that when Christians are eating at a restaurant that i can identify them too from their faces and appearance alone. They have that devout Christian look.

Buddhists have a certain look too. Look at Richard Gere or Jack Kornfield or Eckhart Tolle or other Buddhist authors and u will notice that they have a Buddhist look which is different from Christian looks. Or an eastern spirituality look. You know what i mean. So people look like what they are. They are what they are because it is meant to be. There is a hidden order in the matrix that assigns different roles and functions to everyone. Thats why people fit their stereotype usually and why cliques in high school are arranged by stereotypes - jocks, nerds, preps, etc. And people tend to fit their stereotypes. But if u are a healthy balance between extremes and stereotypes like me then u are a misfit and u dont fit anywhere.

I know this sounds fatalistic but its true. Im not saying theres no free will. There probably is some free will but u have to be really awakened to utilize it, not just follow your program. Even science says that most things u do are part of a programmed routine in your subconscious mind. That is obvious. So no most people do not have much free will if any. That's obvious. So free will is only for a few and is a small factor for most. It is not all encompassing like Americans like to believe.

What do u think of my theory? Does it make sense and fit reality and common experience? Any flaws in it? Do you have a better theory?

For example David Wood is an intelligent Christian that u like. Dr. William Lane Craig is very intelligent too. So they cannot be brainwashed or mind controlled, like Roberto assumes. They are simply meant to be Christians so they are. Thats why it connects with them but not with everyone. Do u see what i mean?

The mistake that David Wood makes is that he assumes that just because Christianity resonated with him, that it ought to resonate with everyone. Thats where his core fallacy is and its based on the belief that there can only be one truth and one way, which is a big mistake.

I forgot to mention something significant in my Christian deconversion story of 1992. One time i was reading this big book called "Intangible Evidence". I had just gotten out of high school and was enjoying my newfound freedom and exploration. The book contained a lot of interesting info on psychic phenomenon, astrology, the occult, etc. My mind was fascinated and excited and blown away by it. However part of me felt scared and guilty too. Because i had been a Christian since 1983 and was not supposed to be interested in this stuff. It was condemned by Christianity and considered demonic and satanic. So i was inviting the wrath of God by reading this book. This gave me mixed feelings. Something didnt seem right about all this conflict. Why couldn't i pursue my intellectual hobbies and interests without feeling fear and guilt, I wondered. Something didn't seem right.

I think at that point subconsciously I started fishing for reasons and excuses why my Christian faith was not what i was told, in order to resolve such conflicts, and give myself more intellectual freedom to pursue my interests. It was at that point I started reading stuff that was aimed at debunking Christianity. In the mid 1990s when the internet came out, I started reading articles by Robert Ingersoll, a 19th century author who heavily criticized the Bible and Christian church with powerful eloquent writings. They were very persuasive and i began to be sure that Christianity was not what i had believed. It was only then that my fear of condemnation from God began to subside. I also read articles from the secular web, which contained an archive of atheist articles debunking Christianity. They made many good points. I realized that Christianity was not as unassailable as i thought it was.

The main lesson here is that not everyone is meant to be a Christian. If u have a strong desire to study the occult or astrology or psychic phenomenon for example, like i did, then Christianity is not right for you. Just like if u have a strong desire to eat meat then vegetarianism is not right for you. Because it will restrict your freedom to be yourself and pursue what you love. The typical devout Christian for example, usually has no desire to study the occult or astrology. So they do not feel restricted from doing what they want. But if u do then obviously Christianity isnt right for you. This is what fundamentalists dont get. They assume Christianity is right for everyone and that everyone is meant to be a Christian and that that is God's will. It just isnt so.

For example, I have no desire to eat meat, so being a vegetarian is easy and natural to me. Likewise a devout Christian usually has no desire to study the occult. So its easy for them to be a Christian. You see what i mean? Someone into the occult is better suited for Paganism or Wicca or the mystery schools or ancient esoteric alchemy like ancient Egyptian spirituality, etc. So it's a mistake and fallacy to assume everyone is meant to be a Christian. Do you see what i mean? Do you agree?

What's a bit disturbing is that if Christian fundamentalists had their way, in their ideal world, everyone would be a Christian and all religious non-Christian books would be burned and destroyed. There would be no religious diversity at all. That would be a terrible thing. Don't you agree? Of course it would be, but in the ideal world of the Christian fundamentalists that would be the case. If you think about it thats pretty disturbing and sad and demented isnt it? Do Christians ever think or realize this? Even intelligent Christians like David Wood or William Lane Craig?

One more point. When Christians use arguments such as fulfilled Bible prophecies or evidence for the resurrection of Jesus to support their faith, the thing is those arent the real reasons for their belief or faith. The real reason is that the faith connects with their soul at some deeper level. And those arguments used to justify their faith are just that, reasons used to try to justify a PRE-existing belief.

This is human nature and cuts both ways though. Because if u are seeking to leave the Christian faith then u will justify it with reasons why fulfilled prophecies and resurrection arguments are flawed arguments and don't hold water, like atheists do. I have experienced this on both sides, when i was trying to justify my Christian faith and when i was trying to detach from it. So all the reasons and arguments that Christian authors and apologists give are there to justify a PRE-existing belief. They aren't the actual core reasons for or causes of their belief or faith. Do you see what I mean? Have any of you realized this too?

To use a simpler analogy, if you like someone and resonate with them, you will find reasons to justify it, such as see qualities in them that you like and find admirable. Conversely if u dislike someone you will fish for reasons to justify your dislike of them. Women especially do this and thats why they focus on trivial things when they like or dislike people, things that don't matter but they use them to justify their like or dislike of others. I've seen this countless times with women. For example, Dianne likes the core essence of who i am. So everything about me including my quirks and eccentricities, are seen in a positive light by her, even if they are weird to most people. You see what I mean?
Freethinkers and truthseekers are funny NPCs. Like Elon said if irony could kill they would be dead.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why is the Bible Called "God's Word" When Everyone Knows MEN Wrote It? 8 Key Points to Consider.

Post by Winston »

Gali, if you can't post anything of substance or address any of my questions, then don't bother posting please. Otherwise you lower the quality of the threads when you post irrelevant nonsense. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"Most Biblical scholars will claim that Moses was the first person to write portions of Scripture while John, the disciple of Jesus, was the last. That said, the King James Bible of 1611 remains the most popular translation in history, emerging at a high point in the English Renaissance, compiled by six groups, comprised of some 54 translators, of which we know very little about.

The revised translation of the Bible was undertaken as a national work, carried out under the personal supervision of the King, but every record of the proceedings has disappeared. The British Museum does not contain any manuscript connected with the proceedings of the translators. Who edited the final translated manuscript of the King James Authorized Version of the Bible?"

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne