Differences of Catholicism vs Christianity

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Differences of Catholicism vs Christianity

Post by Neo »

Catholics believe you are not truly Christian too so it's a tie score.
I've won some Catholics to Christ. Many Catholics are simply Catholics because their parents were, not because they fully agree with its doctrine. In other words, they don't even know much of anything about it.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Differences Catholicism vs Christianity

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 2:04 pm
I don't think karma or the universe will send him to hell for saying that.
You don't acknowledge a lot of things but that does not make them any less true. Evildoers, under the guise of religiosity or righteousness, go right to hell where they belong.
Winston wrote: People like Neo don't wish people to go to hell.
Wrong. They consider anyone who does not fall in line with the dictates of their faith as deserving of hell. Ironically, they will be there before anyone.
Winston wrote: They are trying to prevent you from going to hell, that's why they warn you about it. So it's out of good intention.
Not even close. They are trying to bully people into compliance with their agenda. They have the VENEER of good intention, but they are in fact evil, controlling, psychopaths who want to manipulate you under their program.
Winston wrote: In this case, Neo is simply brainwashed. He doesn't know better.
This we can somewhat agree upon, although there is nothing "simple" about being brainwashed.
Winston wrote: He's just brainwashed and a fanatic. Karma isn't gonna punish you for saying what you believe. And he's not saying it out of malice either. It's simply what he believes. So no bad karma there as there's no ill intent. You have to knowingly do wrong to get bad karma.
Knowingly placing people in fear of eternal hell to manipulate them into your orbit is malicious. There are weak people and young people who commit suicide over such faith-bullying. He knows what he is doing.....
Winston wrote: How do you know whether Catholicism or Evangelical Christianity came first?
Read up on the history of The Great Schism and the Protestant Reformation. They both spun out of Roman Catholicism which is the original Christian faith. We don't have to actually be somewhere to know that something is true. :roll:
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 2:04 pm

How do you know whether Catholicism or Evangelical Christianity came first? If you weren't there in the First Century, how do you know which was the original religion that Jesus taught? Since Jesus wrote nothing, all we have is hearsay and anonymous sources.
This is an easy one. For those who can believe in Christ, God gives them the gift of the Holy Ghost in their hearts, which interprets the truth of the gospel. In other words, if a person is saved, then the truth of the gospel has been revealed to them. Then they will know which salvation doctrine is true and which is false.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 4:15 pm
They both spun out of Roman Catholicism which is the original Christian faith.
Arguably Orthodoxy is the original Christian faith, with Catholicism splitting off in the time of Charlemagne.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 6:20 pm
Arguably Orthodoxy is the original Christian faith, with Catholicism splitting off in the time of Charlemagne.
Eastern Orthodox Catholicism IS Catholicism dumbass. Catholicism just bifurcated during the Great Schism and now there are two Catholic faiths sprung directly from Jesus and St. Peter (who took over leadership of the faith from Jesus.)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

July 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Eastern Orthodox Catholicism IS Catholicism dumbass. Catholicism just bifurcated during the Great Schism and now there are two Catholic faiths sprung directly from Jesus and St. Peter (who took over leadership of the faith from Jesus.)
Obviously there are differences between Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic theology and ritual. For several centuries after the fall of the Western Roman Empire the appointment of a Pope would require the Byzantine Emperor’s approval, indicating that the Eastern Church was the parent franchise the Western Church split from rather than the other way round.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 6:43 pm
July 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Obviously there are differences between Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic theology and ritual. For several centuries after the fall of the Western Roman Empire the appointment of a Pope would require the Byzantine Emperor’s approval, indicating that the Eastern Church was the parent franchise the Western Church split from rather than the other way round.
Typical oversimplification with an illogical twist emblematic of a low-IQ individual like yourself.

The split was hundreds of years in the making and far more complex than a mental midget like yourself could comprehend. Suffice it to say, the central authority of the Pope was questioned and later rejected by the Eastern Orthodoxy and later by the Reformist Protestants. But you can spin it all you like. It will never make you correct....
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on July 22nd, 2020, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

July 22nd, 2020, 7:27 pm
Suffice it to say, the central authority of the Pope was questioned and later rejected by the Eastern Orthodoxy and later by the Reformist Protestants.
It had never been accepted in the East in the first place. The fact that the Byzantine Emperor had to approve the appointment of the Pope and not the other way round suggests that the seat of the Church was Constantinople which the Roman Church then split from.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Suffice it to say, the central authority of the Pope was questioned and later rejected by the Eastern Orthodoxy and later by the Reformist Protestants.
Cornfed wrote: It had never been accepted in the East in the first place.
Absolutely wrong and here you go again with your historical revisionism. It's like that's your hobby or something.
It was accepted for centuries. But as doctrine and practice drifted apart, the Orthodox wanted to decentralize into regional fiefdoms.
Cornfed wrote: The fact that the Byzantine Emperor had to approve the appointment of the Pope and not the other way round suggests that the seat of the Church was Constantinople which the Roman Church then split from.
There was no "single seat" of the church as you call it. They were two traditions that forged a united front until they excommunicated each others' leaders in 1054.

But the important point, since you like to focus on the irrelevant, is that BOTH east and west are considered Catholic churches which sprung from the authority of Jesus and his successor St. Peter. That point does not change as much as you'd like to expand this into a useless debate.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

The split was hundreds of years in the making and far more complex than a mental midget like yourself could comprehend. Suffice it to say, the central authority of the Pope was questioned and later rejected by the Eastern Orthodoxy and later by the Reformist Protestants. But you can spin it all you like. It will never make you correct....
Actually both of you are right. After the fall of the Western Roman Empire the seat of the Empire and the Church became Constantinople. It remained that way until the appointment of Charlemagne as Emperor, a good 300 years later.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 10:02 pm
Actually both of you are right. After the fall of the Western Roman Empire the seat of the Empire and the Church became Constantinople. It remained that way until the appointment of Charlemagne as Emperor, a good 300 years later.
Wait a minute... Are you STILL reading my contributions on the various threads here? That's very surprising because I have to say I don't feel the compulsion to be interested in yours. That's a bit weird from the guy who claims to not believe anything I write about myself here.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 22nd, 2020, 11:34 pm
Wait a minute... Are you STILL reading my contributions on the various threads here? That's very surprising because I have to say I don't feel the compulsion to be interested in yours. That's a bit weird from the guy who claims to not believe anything I write about myself here.
If they are part of a serious thread and don't sound like the delirium of a deluded mind then yes, I read them like anything else.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

hypermak wrote:
Contarian this poster obsesion on you obsesion on wiseton obsesion on happy aboard and same you have no life only post post post so how can you belief busy kitchenman lies are you so dumwit and he need you for feel importance you contarian important to this public duende so very sad it is
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Spencer wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 1:17 am
hypermak wrote:
Contarian this poster obsesion on you obsesion on wiseton obsesion on happy aboard and same you have no life only post post post so how can you belief busy kitchenman lies are you so dumwit and he need you for feel importance you contarian important to this public duende so very sad it is
Well, I guess I have to begrudgingly agree with you on that one PAG.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

July 23rd, 2020, 1:58 am
Spencer wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 1:17 am
hypermak wrote:
Well, I guess I have to begrudgingly agree with you on that one PAG.
If you think i have same id to stanfordguy that is complimentary for me 100%
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen