Which religion do you prefer?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Which religion do you prefer?

Post by fschmidt »

Modern Christianity is pathetic.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Which religion do you prefer?

Post by Adama »

The Catholic Church is not Christian. It is Constantine's reformed cult: the merging of Roman mythology with Christianity. That makes it something very different. The true Christians are the ones everyone hates. You know, the ones people make fun of, because they believe modern music is from the devil; the ones who believe their Bible; the ones who know men should rule the home; the ones who do not support the poffs.

The Catholic church supports abortion; having your relatives give the church money to remove your soul from hell earlier (aka buying souls out of purgatory); homosexuality; the implementation of a one world financial system and other abominations.

Can we really say the Catholic church is from God, if it supports all those things which God hates? No, we can not. The catholic church isnt Christian. It is pagan. That's why they pray to Mary and the "saints" instead of to Jesus and God, pretending as if those saints can receive their prayers and in turn intercede with our Lord on their behalf. That is idolatry, which Catholics practice everyday.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Adama wrote:The true Christians are the ones everyone hates. You know, the ones people make fun of, because they believe modern music is from the devil; the ones who believe their Bible; the ones who know men should rule the home; the ones who do not support the poffs.
And where are these true Christians? I would like to visit their church.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

fschmidt wrote:
Adama wrote:The true Christians are the ones everyone hates. You know, the ones people make fun of, because they believe modern music is from the devil; the ones who believe their Bible; the ones who know men should rule the home; the ones who do not support the poffs.
And where are these true Christians? I would like to visit their church.
This man is in Texas. http://stedfastbaptistkjv.org/
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Adama wrote:This man is in Texas. http://stedfastbaptistkjv.org/
Where is the evidence of positive action? All I see is talk. Actually, I also see that the congregation isn't segregated by sex (as Islam and Orthodox Judaism does) which is a bad sign. What do these people do? Do they keep the sabbath? Do they enforce standards of modesty? Do they ban TVs at home? Do they do anything?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 21st, 2020, 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

fschmidt wrote:
Adama wrote:This man is in Texas. http://stedfastbaptistkjv.org/
Where is the evidence of positive action? All I see is talk. Actually, I also see that the congregation isn't segregated by sex (as Islam and Orthodox Judaism does) which is a bad sign. What do these people do? Do they keep the sabbath? Do they enforce standards of modesty? Do they ban TVs at home? Do they do anything?
You can find Seventh Day Adventist churches that do all these things.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

All religions are man-made. The best is not to have anything to do with religion, the world would be better without all these religious fightings going on over centuries.

Religions like Christianity and Islam are based on fear - I think, the best is still Buddhism, Mahayana Buddhism like Zen or Nichiren.

About the videos of the OP, these are crazy women and they should be in jail - while I am not religious, I would never disturb people in their religious meetings.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I have had a lot of positive experiences with Catholicism. When it comes to religion, however, I am fairly laid back. I doubt a lot and my beliefs have never been particularly strong, they go back and forth. Culturally speaking, I am probably Christian. Part of my moral belief stems from it. But there are also elements in it, such as the philosophy of "turning the other cheek" that I am less fond of or feel are less desirable.

Sometimes I pray. When an elderly relative or a good friend is sick and in need of some kindness, I will pray for their well being. I will also try to help out to the best of my abilities, when someone I care about is in trouble. Love thy neighbor is a beautiful concept. So is the hospitality I have experienced in many Catholic families. What I dislike is people who would say "X church is not truly Christian because they believe so and so, they are pagan" - BULLSHIT. What matter most is whether or not someone is Christian in spirit, in practice. You can be the most pious of men, go to Church every sunday (or saturday, or whenever your priest tells you), and yet someone belonging to what you consider a "cult" may be far kinder and far more generous then you. So who is the righteous man in that scenario?

I always keep in mind the story of the Good Samaritan. I float in and out of belief, my faith is often tested. I cannot blindly follow doctrine, never have, and likely never will. I suspect I'm too critical for organized religion... but that does not mean I am without morals. If we can derive morals from Islam, Judaism, Protestantism, Buddhism or Catholicism, and these morals make us better people, who am I to judge their source?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Fschmidt:

While some do not consider Mormons Christian, they do support a lot of aspects of a more traditional lifestyle.

Standards of modesty for women are established and enforced.

Most active Mormon girls remain virgins until marriage. Those who don't face ecclesiastical consequences. Unmarried girls who have sex at Mormon schools like BYU will be expelled. BYU has both an "honor code" and a strict "dress code" that are enforced.

Active Mormons are very careful about the media they consume. LDS church leadership forbids 'R' rated movies.

The LDS church fought hard and spent a lot of money to prevent gay marriage, and Mormons do not accept gay marriage or gay relationships. They consider homosexual relations to be a serious sin.

Mormon fundamentalists are even more opposed than LDS Mormons to trends in popular culture.

Historically, many Mormons have died for their religious beliefs, suggesting they take them seriously.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Yohan wrote:All religions are man-made. The best is not to have anything to do with religion
All of the internet is man-made. The best is not to have anything to do with the internet. Same logic.
Religions like Christianity and Islam are based on fear - I think, the best is still Buddhism, Mahayana Buddhism like Zen or Nichiren.
Fear is the best way to make average human morons behave.
About the videos of the OP, these are crazy women and they should be in jail - while I am not religious, I would never disturb people in their religious meetings.
Putting them in jail would require government cooperation, so that is a bigger fantasy than anything in any religion. Beating the shit out of these women is the practical response.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

gnosis wrote:While some do not consider Mormons Christian, they do support a lot of aspects of a more traditional lifestyle.
You may have a point, I don't know enough about Mormons to judge. I did visit their church but my wife really hated it, so I gave up on it. If anyone has personal experience with the Mormons, I would be interested to hear about it.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Ghost wrote:If the morality and beliefs of a religion were sound, then that's the religion I would prefer. But it just seems to be an ideal, nothing more.
Obviously my preferred religion is Biblic Judaism. What do you think is unsound about this religion?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

fschmidt wrote:
Yohan wrote:All religions are man-made. The best is not to have anything to do with religion
All of the internet is man-made. The best is not to have anything to do with the internet. Same logic.
Fear is the best way to make average human morons behave.
Putting them in jail would require government cooperation, so that is a bigger fantasy than anything in any religion. Beating the shit out of these women is the practical response.
Well, the internet exists, but to have nothing to do with it might save you time and troubles in some cases.

However no God exists, there is no afterlife either - therefore religion is good for what? Without religion - a product out of human fantasy to control people - many wars and crimes would not have taken place.

Religious fear does not teach anything, see the Islamic State.

In Western countries, with strong feminism, women get away with everything they do. It is not only about FEMEN which tries to disturb some meetings, regardless if religious or other gatherings like trading fairs etc. with nudity.

The question which religion do you prefer, is easy to answer for me - 'no religion' is the best choice.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I would say the best religion currently in the world would be Russian Orthodox Christianity. The Russian Orthodox Church is the only branch of Christianity that is still outspoken on important issues.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑