Why many Christians are not TRUE Christians

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why many Christians are not TRUE Christians

Post by Yohan »

MrPeabody wrote:Here is my estimate for Christianity:
Genuine 1%
True Believers 5%
Anguished 10%
Conventional 84%
I wonder if this rating is the same for any religion, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc. etc.
This rating sound quite reasonable for any religion. 84 percent participate only out of tradition...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Adama YOU NEED TO SEE THIS! TIME TO UPDATE YOUR FALSE DOCTRINES!

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37308
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Michaelbot
Freshman Poster

Why many Christians are not TRUE Christians

Post by Michaelbot »

To answer my own question:

Why did god create so many idiots?

Answer: just to aggravate me.

However, I decided to pull a fast one on the almighty.

With both Alias and Jklint gone, it is no fun any more.
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Winston

I don't get this. I thought you were past Christianity given your article debunking its circular logic and inherent cruelty.It's basically a human sacrifice religion where you worship a dead guy's blood sacrifice, or get sent to hell. Not to mention the Christians think you must always submit to some God and either obey or go to hell. A real god would do their best to try to preserve people's lives, as far as they were reasonably able to, and if they were omnipotent, they would obviously be able to stop essentially all suffering in the world and the universe as a whole in a snap of their fingers.People might still choose to want to harm each other for some dumb reason, but those actions do not have to have effect, if I were magically an omnipotent God I would just use omnipotence set the universe so that choosing to kill/hurt/torture/whatever to other beings is 100% ineffective and is unable to do anything. Meanwhile, it would be easy for an omnipotent God to massively improve everybody's quality of life and prevent death.

Also even if you think hell is temporary that doesn't make it justified. Just like sending a guy to jail without the appropriate justification doesn't make sense, even if it's not a life sentence or the death penalty. God's logic wouldn't fly in court.

Christianity tends to basically say they will just be saved by someone else, Jesus or God, and their own efforts to be good only matter at most to the extent to which they gain God/Jesus's approval. Basically, it's a religion that takes all the power away from the individual, and makes them dependent on someone else as spiritual slaves essentially. Even prayer is oriented around this, send all power to God and ask him to fix your issues. However i will agree with you that other prominent examples like Buddhism which might seem good with meditation for example, have big issues, given how Buddhism advocates not having a self and literally seeking oblivion and non-existence/'Nirvana' at death. This does not make meditation bad though and if i had to say what kind of spirituality would be good it would be one that goes for self improvement rather than constant God worship with Islam/Judaism/Christianity or trying to not have a self in Buddhism.

"“I now realize God shows no favoritism, but He accepts from every nation the one who fears Him and DOES what is right” (Acts 10:34-35)"
Basically as your quote there shows Christians are all supposed to be afraid of this God. And love him no matter what, as if he has some self-esteem issues. If God was really that great, people wouldn't need to be commanded to love him, they'd feel so on their own. The key point here is that their works don't do anything on their own to assist them with survival, it's all God for some reason.

Also the Christian version of eternal life isn't all that compelling. It doesn't even include reincarnation. In other words, if you die, goodbye Earth, never to be seen again, now all you will do is constantly worship the extreme attention seeker God for all eternity according to the bible. This has been proven untrue by objective evidence showing reincarnation as you have listed in quite a bit of detail yourself.

I get it that you were indoctrinated into Evangelical Christianity from youth as you have said before in your site but it's been a long time and you've seen much objective evidence that shows it to not make much sense. I don't get why you still believe in Christianity or what is really so compelling about it to you, even if you have a non standard view of it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Aron
In this thread I was giving Christianity the benefit of the doubt and going by their standards. It's not about my beliefs. I have made my beliefs clear. I believe the Bible is a mix of good and bad teachings, truths and untruths. It's better to take it as allegory rather than literal. As an allegory, the Bible has a lot of archetypes and messages that are divine and meaningful. Study the works of Joseph Campbell and Huston Smith. They see meaning in religions but do not take them as literalists or fundamentalists.

You are right that Christianity has many internal contradictions and its theology makes no sense, in many ways. And yes it contains highly circular logic. However, that doesn't mean Christianity is totally false. It has value. For examples, there are many miracles and answered prayers in all of Christian history, from past til now. So there must be some power behind it. I've experienced answered prayers and miracles too. So I know they are real. But of course, that doesn't mean the Bible is perfect and literally true and all Christian doctrine is literally true.

So how do you reconcile that? It's not easy. The best way is not to take it literally but allegorically.

But the problem isn't just with Christianity. Religion in general has a lot of problems. So does Atheism and Scientism. And so do New Age movements. All of them have huge gaping holes and beliefs that don't make sense and don't match reality and don't fit all the data. You gotta be a true skeptic and go beyond all that if you want to be a real freethinker or truth seeker.

I don't agree though that if there was a real God, that he would fix all problems on Earth and end all suffering. That's assuming God is just like you. You don't know what he is or what his agenda is. You don't know if he's good or bad or a mix of both. A creator doesn't mean he must be good or perfect. A creator is just a designer, that's all. It doesn't mean he's good or perfect or thinks like us. The logic doesn't follow. That's like assuming that a video game designer or architect must be completely good and perfect. The logic doesn't follow. It's a false assumption by Christians and Muslims that God must be perfect and 100 percent good and just. God could be just like the powerful Q from Star Trek. Having great powers doesn't make you a moral person who is perfectly just and good. That's a false assumption without basis that everyone assumes just because they were told that. It's based on nothing but doctrine.

Also we could have been made by a race of gods, or a race of ET's, or computer programmers. After all, the word "elohim" in the Old Testament is plural and means "us". Monotheism is modern. The older religions were polytheistic and had female deities and goddesses too. So they could be more accurate. There are more possibilities than you've been told by both Christians and Atheists.

Reincarnation was part of Christianity for the first 500 years until Emperor Justinian outlawed it. Remember that Christianity evolved and changed many times throughout its history too.

I hope that helps you better understand my views.

For more reasons why the Bible can't be taken literally, see here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37307

For a list of extraordinary qualities about Christianity that cannot be explained away by Atheists, see here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22235
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Winston wrote:
November 1st, 2017, 7:27 pm
Also adama,
The Christianity in Europe i heard is different from America. They dont believe that the unsaved go to hell. They believe they go to purgatory. Even the protestants believe that in europe.

So this "believe or be damned" doctrine is mostly an American invention. That undermines its credibility greatly if only american culture has such a religion, because then it means its pretty modern. Most europeans have never heard of such a doctrine that says all non-believers go to hell. Thats only taught in America. Its an american style of Christianity. I was fascinated to learn about this difference.

Also European Christians also believe that God will balance your good works and bad works when you die to see if you go to heaven. Not on whether you were saved and accepted Christ or not. Their version is probably older and more traditional. The version we were taught by evangelicals in the US is more of a modern form of Christianity, probably dating from the 1800s.

This just goes to show that Americans love using FEAR to try to convert others and control others and persuade others. Seems to be the American way and style. Scare people to get your way. Very immature and unevolved.
This is because:
:twisted: Many Americans actually read the Bible and believe it. Whereas European Christians are basically worthless.

NEWSFLASH SIR WINSTON
THIS IS WHERE YOUR BELOVED FAGGOT EUROPEAN CHRISTAINS WILL GO... (if the Bible is True)...
Revelation 21:8
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Kind of describes European Christianity fully.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

The Bible is literally true. There literally was an Adam and an Eve. Adam is our father, the first one. Eve is our first mother; the mother of all living. All human life has sprang from them.

This life is a test. Every person is under a trial to see if they will choose godliness or ungodliness. If a person chooses godliness, then God will reveal His free gift of salvation, through faith in His Son Jesus Christ to that person. If a person commits himself to ungodliness, then God will not show that person the free gift of salvation through faith in Christ. These people will have their ability to believe in Christ removed, and they will never come to the conclusion that salvation really is as simple as believing.

Believers will dwell with God in person for eternity. God unites Himself with the believers. He lives inside them.

Now if a person has committed himself to ungodliness and things which God hates (or if they have insulted Him too many times by ascribing to Him negative characteristics, for example, twisting things upside down), then why would God want to personally unite Himself with that person to give them eternal life? Wouldn't it be the case that, if God loves righteousness, that He would deny those who are committed to unrighteousness entry into His Kingdom of everlasting life?
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Jonny Law wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 1:34 pm
This is because:
:twisted: Many Americans actually read the Bible and believe it.
People make much fuss about Catholic vs Protestant, but the majority of Protestant salvation doctrine can be described as "Catholic-lite." They may have removed lots of the idolatry, pomp and pageantry of Catholicism, but Protestant salvation doctrine is not so different from Catholicism.

Catholicism states salvation is by faith and by keeping the sacraments. Sacraments are works. And Paul (Galatians 2:16, Titus 3:5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:5-8, Galatians 5:4, and dozens more...), James (James 2:10, 2:23, 2:5), Peter (1 Peter 1:5, 1 Peter 1:9, 1 Peter 1:18-21, 1 Peter 2:7), and John (1 John 5:1, 1 John 5:4, 1 John 5:5, 1 John 5:10, 1 John 5:13) all make it clear, that salvation is by faith alone. Paul makes it clear that no flesh can be justified by keeping the law.

The Europeans may have left the Catholic church, but they are still ensnared and captured by the false salvation of salvation by works.

True Christianity is by faith alone in Christ. Then after that, everything else flows.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Winston

"or examples, there are many miracles and answered prayers in all of Christian history, from past til now. So there must be some power behind it. I've experienced answered prayers and miracles too. So I know they are real. But of course, that doesn't mean the Bible is perfect and literally true and all Christian doctrine is literally true.

So how do you reconcile that? It's not easy. The best way is not to take it literally but allegorically."

I basically agree that Christians can inadvertently create real 'miracles' for each other by their collective willpower even when the fundamental beliefs of the religion about God and Jesus existing are not true, but to me that doesn't mean the religion's actually true. Actually you basically said already that you believe religions create 'energy fields' so to speak where the power of mass belief makes these miracles able to happen, which i do not think is that unreasonable of an idea with what we know about paranormal phenomenon. But basically even if that happens it's not the virtue of the Bible and the religion itself, whether or not you take it literally or allegorically. So to summarize on this part, your views and mine seemed to mostly agree before, and still do for a significant portion, but I do not get why you still take it allegorically. My way would be to just mostly ignore it because it doesn't say a huge amount that to me is that influential on my world view or personal beliefs.

"But the problem isn't just with Christianity. Religion in general has a lot of problems. So does Atheism and Scientism. And so do New Age movements. All of them have huge gaping holes and beliefs that don't make sense and don't match reality and don't fit all the data. You gotta be a true skeptic and go beyond all that if you want to be a real freethinker or truth seeker."

I do to a good extent agree with this idea. But i don't get where your attachment to the allegory of the bible's coming from here.

"I don't agree though that if there was a real God, that he would fix all problems on Earth and end all suffering. That's assuming God is just like you. You don't know what he is or what his agenda is. You don't know if he's good or bad or a mix of both. A creator doesn't mean he must be good or perfect. A creator is just a designer, that's all. It doesn't mean he's good or perfect or thinks like us. The logic doesn't follow. That's like assuming that a video game designer or architect must be completely good and perfect. The logic doesn't follow. It's a false assumption by Christians and Muslims that God must be perfect and 100 percent good and just. God could be just like the powerful Q from Star Trek. Having great powers doesn't make you a moral person who is perfectly just and good. That's a false assumption without basis that everyone assumes just because they were told that. It's based on nothing but doctrine. "

If you want to know my personal opinion on this it's that there is no such thing as an Omnipotent God with no limits to their powers. There may be aliens who are capable of destroying the planet with their technology, but they are not in a position where benevolent aliens can just save the earth with a snap of their fingers. There may even be immortal aliens who have figured out the science to stop their DNA from aging and also attained many psychic powers, but i do not think anyone is 'Omnipotent'. To me omnipotence doesn't really make any sense.

A video game doesn't have real people in it so that's not the best analogy IMO. Now could there be malevolent people or aliens in the universe? I agree, it makes sense as a possibility. But 'malevolent God' does not fit for me because the concept of God does not seem that logical. The reason having a lot of power should normally lead to being 'moral' is because of self-preservation. Let's say some species in the universe achieves space travel and also gets far enough in science to figure out how to stop aging of the DNA so their species is essentially immortal. Why make a ton of enemies? Unless you're naturally psychopathic or something like that, as David Icke claims is the case with the idea of Reptilian aliens, there's little benefit to it. For the case of that kind of alien though it would actually make sense as even with advanced science they would not want to change their nature if it seemed totally normal to them and for some reason they saw no flaw with it.

Why do people start wars on earth? Sometimes religion, but more often motivated by lack of resources. Now if there was a threat of a civilization you help develop instead using your tech to be a threat to you or your allies rather than developing in the way you want then maybe it's a good reason to not help them. But overall, you gain more than you lose if you find a way to avoid that and they become your ally. In the real world there are always upsides and downsides to ever helping someone since nobody is immune to harm and usually they have threats. Like if aliens who were ultra benevolent had other issues to worry about rather than help humanity, preserving their own safety first as the main priority. So basically I don't think your idea of varying morality of gods would normally be impossible except for the way Christianity treats its 'God' idea.

Let's talk about Q since you were using the example of an omnipotent God being malevolent or hostile. There isn't really much reason to be malevolent when omnipotent. It just increases the risk of others attacking you. And if someone was an omnipotent God, it's easy to make people basically eternally grateful to you by fixing their huge issues, and nobody can ever threaten you if you're omnipotent. Could a 'Q' play around with the universe's inhabitants easily if it somehow magically existed? I guess so, but I don't think there would really be a point.

"Also we could have been made by a race of gods, or a race of ET's, or computer programmers. After all, the word "elohim" in the Old Testament is plural and means "us". Monotheism is modern. The older religions were polytheistic and had female deities and goddesses too. So they could be more accurate. There are more possibilities than you've been told by both Christians and Atheists."

Well I have to differentiate between lower case gods and the idea of an omnipotent God. The first one seems less ridiculous as it doesn't require the 'gods' to be able to break the laws of physics on a whim, they would just have very advanced psychic powers or something along those lines, and psychic powers have already been demonstrated to exist. Polytheism makes more sense by a lot to me since it could be actually logically explained. Why would there be many gods? Well, new ones would emerge from normal mortals. Through advanced science beyond our current capabilities, or something along those lines, they would be able to scientifically analyze how psychic powers work and figure out how to effectively acquire them. Eventually, if they were both immortal and had many psychic abilities, it wouldn't be long before they had such dramatic powers that normal people thought of them as 'gods' on seeing them. Although obviously the mythology surrounding polytheism makes much less sense than this, it was made by normal humans anyways, so if they really did see any 'gods', they probably just made up whatever story could explain these beings the best at the time.

"Reincarnation was part of Christianity for the first 500 years until Emperor Justinian outlawed it. Remember that Christianity evolved and changed many times throughout its history too."

I've heard of that theory although i'm not sure if it's really true. But overall what i was saying about Christians mostly orienting their activities around giving power to God seems true. Their afterlife depends on getting God's approval and i'm not sure how you would explain God fitting in with reincarnation. And Christianity doesn't mix well with polytheism, its first commandment is to not have any other gods before God so while i get it that you may pick and choose what ideas make sense to you from any religion, the religion itself doesn't exactly approve of it.

I skimmed a bit of your 4 extraordinary points article. I haven't researched Christian history enough to address some of the details of point 4 although my initial reaction is i don't feel it was just 'meant to be' that Christianity took over. I agree with Christianity being able to change people's lives or create 'miracles' but you've basically already argued against this being a Christian-unique point, it's because a lot of people believe in Christianity and depend on it to have any spirituality in their lives and not be materialists and feel hopeless on the inside waiting for death which they think is non-existence making their whole life meaningless. IMO this probably explains the Christian glow you mentioned in point 2.

I also read your "Why the Bible can only be taken allegorically" article and this was the point that stood out for me, where you seem to say what the story of Jesus gives as a positive message. "Jesus is a symbol of our soul's need to die to its ego consciousness so it can be reborn into higher states of consciousness. So a myth contains a timeless truth, whereas a historical event just happens once. "

I can't really agree with the need to die. Metaphorically there are parts of our beliefs or thoughts that are incorrect and need to 'die' and be replaced by facts but to me Jesus seems far more symbolic of a human blood sacrifice. As that is what Christianity basically says he is, that he had to physically die for Christians souls to be saved, as if they are vampires harvesting his life force. Basically it tells Christians that blood sacrifice is OK as is also said in the Old Testament which i find very disturbing. For example the old testament has Abraham willing to kill his son just for God because God said so, and that is good in Christianity, people are supposed to value God over their own family and even kill each other if God says so. Now I'm sure you've questioned plenty of parts of the bible including that famous story in the old testament but I think my point that Jesus's story of self sacrifice is eerily similar to human blood sacrifice has something of a point here. Christianity is also a major force responsible for actual physical mutilation of children, AKA circumcision, which is very common in America, beyond just Christianity's indoctrination of people into worshipping God all the time. I agree that Atheists have major issues such as being indoctrinated to not believe in free will and thus believe everything is fated and they have no control over their lives, but Christians also promote this with the idea of an Omniscient God, where Puritans specifically went all the way saying everything's predestined but many Christians overall, even non puritans/non calvinists, would be very confused and think possibly they have no real free will due to the contradictions with God in Christianity.

Overall, you seem like a very smart guy, and actually your article debunking PseudoSkeptics was basically the reason I woke up from Atheism, so I think you've gotten a lot of things right, but i just don't get what is so convincing to you that you need to allegorically believe in Christianity in some way. Or what parts of Christianity to you are the biggest influence on your personal philosophy/ethics/belief system.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi @Aron,
I don't understand what you mean. No one has a problem with taking the Bible allegorically. Not even atheists do. That's not something people usually challenge unless they are Christian fundamentalists. Are you trying to say that the Bible ought to be seen as 100 percent false? No book is 100 percent false. Every book contains a variety of good and bad, truths and untruths, as you should know.

Sure there are great spiritual archetypes in the Bible. For example, the death and resurrection of Jesus represents spiritual transformation, how we can die to our egoic self and rise to higher consciousness, etc. That's been the timeless quest of all mystery religions. It's also part of the hero's journey that is represented in all stories, myths and even movies too. See my thread about the hero's journey here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37430

As you can see, the life of Jesus fits all 12 stages of the hero's journey. We all go through that in some sense when we are on an adventure. So it's a timeless archetype. Remember a myth represents a timeless truth, while a historic event is something that only happens once. So myths are far more meaningful. Please look up the teachings of Joseph Campbell, Huston Smith, and Manly P Hall. Those are the best comparative religion scholars.

Sure the Bible can be divinely inspired, but that doesn't mean divinely dictated by God. Many books can be inspired by God but not be infallible. Even great works of art and great classical music pieces can be divinely inspired.

Listen to what the great Zen teacher Alan Watts said about Jesus here in this lecture below. He explains who Jesus most likely was, and what he was trying to convey to everyone, but wasn't allowed to. I think this best represents what the true historical Jesus (if he existed) was about. It makes a lot of sense and is worth listening to. Alan Watts was also very witty, funny and had a unique original way of explaining things. You just know when you hear him that he's on a very high wavelength and consciousness that's different than everyone else.

I love the part in the lecture where he says that "People on Earth cannot accept a mere mortal man on Earth being the Son of God, so they had to kick Jesus upstairs in order to deify him." LOL. The audience laughed at that. It's so true. Men cannot accept a mere mortal human on Earth being God or the Son of God, so they had to crucify him and deify him and put him on a pedestal in the heavens. Because people can only accept a God that's up there in the heavens, but not amongst them on Earth. That's so funny, witty and true about human nature. lol

I'll address your other statements later.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Aron,
Ok now as to your other questions. I am not sure if there is an omnipotent God or not. Perhaps as New Agers and Hindus say, we are all part of this God or cosmic consciousness and having a dream or great drama cycle. As they say "All the world's a stage" (Shakespeare). But most likely the human race was created by ET's or higher beings, and I mean plural, not singular. So a higher race of some sort made us. That's why we have junk DNA and 250 genes that no other life on Earth share. Because we are a hybrid of primate and alien DNA.

As to a computer simulation having no consciousness. Yes but that's only true with the video games we have on Earth. The characters in our video games may not have consciousness. But when we talk about the matrix being a computer simulation, we mean like in the movie Tron or the Matrix Trilogy, where a user from outside puts their soul or consciousness into the program and becomes a character or avatar. Kind of like in the movie Avatar where the main character puts his consciousness and mind into that blue avatar creature. And how in the Tron movies, the person entering the matrix is called "User". So it's a type of simulation where your consciousness can enter through a portal. Do you understand? Kind of like a TV signal entering a TV or a radio signal entering a radio, or a wifi signal entering your laptop.

Here is my theory on God. I don't know if anyone else has come up with it or not. Suppose the universe is a giant organism or life form. And our planet is merely an atom or cell inside that organism. Suppose God is the organism of the universe. Then he would not even know about us, let alone be in a position to help us. Think about it. There are 40 trillion cells in your body. Do you know each and every one of them by name? Do you have a personal relationship with each one of them? Of course not. So in the same way, perhaps God is just the organism of the universe and cannot know us individually. That may make sense in a way. Our planet could just be like an atom or electron in this organism, or a biological cell. Either way, God does not know us personally so he cannot help us. And even if he did, there's a limit on what he can do. Just like there's a limit on what you can do to help the cells in your own body. A lot is out of your control. Now there may be higher beings or advanced races in this universe that could help us, who are also part of this organism of the universe, but that's another matter. That's my hypothesis anyway.

Yes I agree with you that a highly advanced race with super technology would not need to be evil, and would not need to enslave us or feed off our energy. They should be able to generate their own energy and leave us alone. But according to the research I've read, we are enslaved by an insane being named Lucifer. He has a legion of archons/parasites/demons that do his bidding. They feed off us, like batteries. They love fear, anger and negative emotion. Many sci fi movies show this too. So we are in a prison matrix. See my thread about that here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37392

I'll address the rest of your statements later.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Aron,
To continue on...

Well I never said the Q character in Star Trek was malevolent. He is not. Have you seen any Star Trek episodes with Q? He is not good or evil. He is just a being with super powers, able to control matter, time and space, who is bored of his immortality and likes to toy around with humans and other lower races. He is not good or bad. He is just bored and treats people like toys and playthings. But sometimes he does nice things too. And his personality is more humorous and funny than anything else. He's entertaining. That's why he's on the show.

The point with Q that I'm saying is that a super powerful being doesn't have to be perfect and have no moral defects or character flaws like Christians and Atheists falsely assume. Both of them are stupid and represent a false dichotomy. But the elite and establishment seem to want us to choose between them, between tweetle dee and tweetle dum, rather than think for ourselves. That's why they always hold debates between both these flawed camps, as though you gotta choose between them because those are the only possible paradigms you have to choose from - scientism/atheism vs. religious fundamentalism/dogma. It's a stupid dichotomy and designed for low IQ people only, but we are suppose to be stupid, only the elite are supposed to be smart, not us.

If you wanna know more about alien gods and ET's that lord over us, I suggest you read the book "The Gods of Eden" by William Bramley. It's the best book about the subject and makes a lot of sense and presents a compelling case. There's a free PDF copy of it online.

http://whale.to/c/Gods_of_Eden_Bramley.pdf
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/godsofeden/

As to polytheism, I think it makes more sense than monotheism, not just because it's older and more original, but also because if you think about it, every species of living creatures that we know of has more than one member, so why can't the gods have more than one member as well? The logic follows. I wrote a long list of reasons why polytheism makes more sense than monotheism in another thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27283

I don't know that much about reincarnation in early Christianity either. I just heard about it. Perhaps you can Google it sometime and do more research on it.

Well I believe everything happens for a reason. So Christianity becoming the dominant religion of the Western world wasn't just a coincidence. I think it had a purpose. Religion is necessary. A lot of people need it. It's like a necessary evil. Socrates said myths are necessary for lower people to have something noble to believe in. You have to give people something to believe in, not nothing. It's part of managing a society. Of course, Christianity was used as a tool for social and political control too. Because the Roman Emperors like Constantine realized that religion was a more effective and cheaper control system than having to maintain a standing army everywhere and paying all the troops in it. Also the Roman Empire was falling apart and needed a new stabilizing influence, like Christianity, to help unite it. So it was a useful tool for the Roman government.

You misunderstood what I said about Jesus and the need to die. I wasn't talking about physical death. I was talking about the death of egoic consciousness. The move from ego consciousness to cosmic consciousness. That's the goal of all religion. Obadiah Harris of the Philosophical Research Society in Los Angeles said that.

Yes human sacrifice and animal sacrifice is gruesome. But that was part of the ancient world, and probably it's part of the modern world as well, only it's done in secret because it would outrage the public if done openly, since modern civilized culture has allegedly outlawed it and grown past it. In fact, that's likely the true reason why so many unnecessary wars happened during the last 150 years that made no sense. (so no, wars are not just about lack of resources or profits, though at the lower and mid levels those are part of the game as well) And many of the mass shootings on TV are human sacrifice rituals too. And Satanic human sacrifices are done in secret among cults too. Google "Satanic Panic". Also listen to interviews, lectures and podcasts by men such as Ted Gunderson, Chris Everard, Jordan Maxwell and Michael Tsarion. They talk a lot about Illuminati occult rituals of human sacrifice. It's a very unpleasant subject, but if you want to make sense out of history and unnecessary big wars, and why they make no sense since they are easily avoidable, you should take this aspect into consideration.

Wow you sure are intellectual too and like talking about deep topics too. That's cool. I like that. You can't talk about this stuff with most people, especially in the mainstream. So it's refreshing to meet people that do.

Where are you from anyway? How did you find this site and my other site? Are you interested in HA stuff or only theology and philosophy? Are you white or asian?

Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Winston
Winston wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 4:12 am
Hi @Aron,
I don't understand what you mean. No one has a problem with taking the Bible allegorically. Not even atheists do. That's not something people usually challenge unless they are Christian fundamentalists. Are you trying to say that the Bible ought to be seen as 100 percent false? No book is 100 percent false. Every book contains a variety of good and bad, truths and untruths, as you should know.

Sure there are great spiritual archetypes in the Bible. For example, the death and resurrection of Jesus represents spiritual transformation, how we can die to our egoic self and rise to higher consciousness, etc. That's been the timeless quest of all mystery religions. It's also part of the hero's journey that is represented in all stories, myths and even movies too. See my thread about the hero's journey here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37430
I think you're interpreting the idea of 'taking something allegorically' different than me. What i think when i hear that is Christians who believe mostly in the ideas of the bible but don't treat it literally because they know that doesn't logically make sense. Since i don't mostly believe in the ideas of the new testament i don't see myself as taking it allegorically.

I'm not so sure Jesus's death really was intended to represent what you think it does. To me that just seems like people reshaping the bible so that it's more rational and more reasonable to them. The bible says many times that Jesus's death was supposed to be necessary to save everyone else's souls. Basically, Christians are worshipping death when they are indoctrinated to believe that Jesus had to die for them to be saved, and at the same time put all the power in someone else's hands to save them.

I watched that documentary you linked in that link but it doesn't say much but just that everyone should follow their bliss and passion. And it doesn't really say anything about christianity either. I'm not so sure Jesus fits the archetype of the Hero's Journey, he does not struggle much due to his superpowers. The closest you could get to him leaving his home is him being the son of god and becoming a human, but so what, that doesn't really fit the theme of the hero's journey where the hero goes into an unknown land and takes risks. Christianity doesn't show Jesus making any real effort to get his powers and in the end he takes the bizzare step of choosing to die as a 'sacrifice' when he could have easily avoided it with his powers. Basically he might as well be giving up on his hero's journey here where a normal hero would try using these vast healing abilities to heal more people and possibly fight the people who were trying to execute him.
As you can see, the life of Jesus fits all 12 stages of the hero's journey. We all go through that in some sense when we are on an adventure. So it's a timeless archetype. Remember a myth represents a timeless truth, while a historic event is something that only happens once. So myths are far more meaningful. Please look up the teachings of Joseph Campbell, Huston Smith, and Manly P Hall. Those are the best comparative religion scholars.

Sure the Bible can be divinely inspired, but that doesn't mean divinely dictated by God. Many books can be inspired by God but not be infallible. Even great works of art and great classical music pieces can be divinely inspired.

Listen to what the great Zen teacher Alan Watts said about Jesus here in this lecture below. He explains who Jesus most likely was, and what he was trying to convey to everyone, but wasn't allowed to. I think this best represents what the true historical Jesus (if he existed) was about. It makes a lot of sense and is worth listening to. Alan Watts was also very witty, funny and had a unique original way of explaining things. You just know when you hear him that he's on a very high wavelength and consciousness that's different than everyone else.

I love the part in the lecture where he says that "People on Earth cannot accept a mere mortal man on Earth being the Son of God, so they had to kick Jesus upstairs in order to deify him." LOL. The audience laughed at that. It's so true. Men cannot accept a mere mortal human on Earth being God or the Son of God, so they had to crucify him and deify him and put him on a pedestal in the heavens. Because people can only accept a God that's up there in the heavens, but not amongst them on Earth. That's so funny, witty and true about human nature. lol

I'll address your other statements later.
I watched this video and he made a few main points. The first one was 4 minutes in or so where he for some reason thought that it would be bad if people could perform miracles as Jesus supposedly did since then they would be dissatisfied somehow. Which doesn't really make any sense. Most people including the christians try to use modern medicine and science to fix their issues and if somebody had magic healing powers they would obviously be happy to use those. Same with most other theoretical powers.

Another point he makes way later at maybe 30 something minutes in is that Christianity basically is a religion of guilt that makes everyone feel guilty all the time, this is totally true, but he just thinks it's because Jesus was supposed to mean "Nobody can reach the father but through the divine within them" when him making this statement was literally the exact opposite reason in the bible to indoctrinate people into thinking they have to worship Christianity and Jesus to be saved. And always as usual the saving is done by God and nobody can do anything about their own fate. Seems like he was just reshaping Christianity to be more fair and work in a way that would work for him when Christianity didn't fit his ideas.
But when we talk about the matrix being a computer simulation, we mean like in the movie Tron or the Matrix Trilogy, where a user from outside puts their soul or consciousness into the program and becomes a character or avatar.
Yeah but i said that because you mentioned deletion which seems like something most people would not do to other real living beings on a whim, but they'd do it to computer characters that aren't real.
Here is my theory on God. I don't know if anyone else has come up with it or not. Suppose the universe is a giant organism or life form. And our planet is merely an atom or cell inside that organism. Suppose God is the organism of the universe. Then he would not even know about us, let alone be in a position to help us. Think about it. There are 40 trillion cells in your body. Do you know each and every one of them by name? Do you have a personal relationship with each one of them? Of course not. So in the same way, perhaps God is just the organism of the universe and cannot know us individually. That may make sense in a way. Our planet could just be like an atom or electron in this organism, or a biological cell. Either way, God does not know us personally so he cannot help us. And even if he did, there's a limit on what he can do. Just like there's a limit on what you can do to help the cells in your own body. A lot is out of your control. Now there may be higher beings or advanced races in this universe that could help us, who are also part of this organism of the universe, but that's another matter. That's my hypothesis anyway.
Well that theory would explain God not being able to do anything a lot better than Christians usually try to justify it. I'm just not sure why a cosmic consciousness would create an actual being with thoughts though. I guess in your theory more benevolent civilizations in the universe would be like white blood cells. It's an alright idea i just don't get how the bigger being would arise, scientists HAVE found the universe's structure to be oddly similar to the shape of the human brain but there may be other explanations, like the limits of human brain's perception of reality right now. I definitely agree with the idea of a collective unconscious though.
But according to the research I've read, we are enslaved by an insane being named Lucifer. He has a legion of archons/parasites/demons that do his bidding. They feed off us, like batteries. They love fear, anger and negative emotion. Many sci fi movies show this too. So we are in a prison matrix. See my thread about that here
Well I heard of the idea but there is a lot of stuff you just linked. It'd take me a really long while to read it all. Is there any 1 or 2 examples of the prison matrix idea that prove it to you the most? Like for me, some of the most convincing proofs of life after death are some NDEs like Eben Alexander's and that the materialist model for NDEs actually got fully debunked point by point. I don't think we are living in a computer simulation at all but the possibility that alien entities may be trying to manipulate the afterlife on earth does kind of make sense if they are trying to control the world.

Yeah the Q character isn't exactly 'evil' but I just think it's weird how the author of star trek thought he became that way because the Q entities somehow ran out of things to do. I'll read the Gods of Eden thing a bit later since it seems like that's the main proof you wanted to use.

Yeah the polytheism idea kind of makes sense i read some of the thread you made.
Well I believe everything happens for a reason. So Christianity becoming the dominant religion of the Western world wasn't just a coincidence. I think it had a purpose. Religion is necessary. A lot of people need it. It's like a necessary evil. Socrates said myths are necessary for lower people to have something noble to believe in. You have to give people something to believe in, not nothing. It's part of managing a society. Of course, Christianity was used as a tool for social and political control too. Because the Roman Emperors like Constantine realized that religion was a more effective and cheaper control system than having to maintain a standing army everywhere and paying all the troops in it. Also the Roman Empire was falling apart and needed a new stabilizing influence, like Christianity, to help unite it. So it was a useful tool for the Roman government.
I can't agree about everything happening for a reason, some things that happen in the world are definitely just bad. I think karma exists but it doesn't always work. Like some guy could have been a mass murderer in one life, but that doesn't inevitably mean that the karma will come back on them no matter what, people could fail to stop them from messing things up again. Even if some people would have instinctual memory of that guy killing them in their past life and realize he's dangerous at a subconscious level.
You misunderstood what I said about Jesus and the need to die. I wasn't talking about physical death. I was talking about the death of egoic consciousness. The move from ego consciousness to cosmic consciousness. That's the goal of all religion. Obadiah Harris of the Philosophical Research Society in Los Angeles said that.
Well I half agree half disagree. Sometimes people need to put aside their attachment to some dumb belief or conviction that is tying them down, that they identify with. So that's a time when the egoic mind is bad. But Buddhists sometimes say that people should be utterly self-less, or even try to lose their self, and achieve 'nirvana' after death, which is basically nothingness as far as i can tell from what Buddhists say Nirvana is supposed to be.
Yes human sacrifice and animal sacrifice is gruesome. But that was part of the ancient world, and probably it's part of the modern world as well, only it's done in secret because it would outrage the public if done openly, since modern civilized culture has allegedly outlawed it and grown past it. In fact, that's likely the true reason why so many unnecessary wars happened during the last 150 years that made no sense. (so no, wars are not just about lack of resources or profits, though at the lower and mid levels those are part of the game as well) And many of the mass shootings on TV are human sacrifice rituals too. And Satanic human sacrifices are done in secret among cults too. Google "Satanic Panic". Also listen to interviews, lectures and podcasts by men such as Ted Gunderson, Chris Everard, Jordan Maxwell and Michael Tsarion. They talk a lot about Illuminati occult rituals of human sacrifice. It's a very unpleasant subject, but if you want to make sense out of history and unnecessary big wars, and why they make no sense since they are easily avoidable, you should take this aspect into consideration.
Well idk if it was always a thing everywhere in the ancient world. Christianity seems to have had quite the negative influence, like with the Dark Ages where the Catholic Church essentially dominated the society and hunted down anyone thought to be a heretic or a 'witch'. At least the Roman Empire had running water and aqueducts as oppressive as it was. IMO Christianity basically makes people believe in it at a subconscious level though. I mean they believe Jesus died to save their souls, key word died, the key ingredient is his death, so what are Christians doing when they believe that they are saved by the death of Jesus? Basically, they support what their religion says is a blood sacrifice in pretty much every way, and Jesus is the role model who is willingly blood sacrificed by God who tells him to let himself be executed. And there doesn't seem to be a way around it, it's the mainstream view in christianity of 'died for humanity's sins'. Not to mention that christians often believe sins can be carried on just by being a descendant of someone who sinned like with Adam and Eve in the bible. The reason i mention the new testament is that christians often think the New Testament is free of this stuff when it really isn't and it's got a lot of problems too.

It seems like you don't believe in that 'died for your sins' stuff anyways but I'm saying it because it's just the mainstream Christianity that has the most effect on society and it's a key point of the new testament. Are there good things in Christianity? Well yeah, there are, most people agree with Christian ideas like the golden rule. Just seems like the feel good love elements can get mixed with other stuff like believing the 'dying for your sins' is 'love' when it's actually pretty creepy, and then people might think the only way to be good and loving as Christianity says is to do what Jesus said, to give up all your possessions so you can meet his standards to get into heaven. And that kind of deprives people and isn't very healthy for them if they end up out on the streets or out of money which in the modern world facilitates them becoming debt slaves. Or if because of Christianity they believe that trying to become wealthy is a bad thing even if a lot of people would use wealth and success for good unlike a lot of the greedy billionares today who just hoard massive wealth when just a few of the richest billionares could probably solve poverty easily. So while the love part is often a good thing I just think there's a lot of bad stuff in Christianity that might mess people up even if some elements can be good and good natured people might easily ignore all the bad elements.
Wow you sure are intellectual too and like talking about deep topics too. That's cool. I like that. You can't talk about this stuff with most people, especially in the mainstream. So it's refreshing to meet people that do.

Where are you from anyway? How did you find this site and my other site? Are you interested in HA stuff or only theology and philosophy? Are you white or asian?
Yeah sometimes people don't want to talk about this stuff so it's nice that there are forums like these out there, originally i was going to post in that SCEPCOP forum but it seems like it's totally inactive now so i found out about this one. I'm white and I live in the US and i'm probably not going to ever permanently move somewhere else. I like that this site covers a lot of topics though.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Aron,
Of course the Jesus story fits the stages of the hero's journey. Come on it's obvious. Even movies do. You are being too literal. Look deeper and look at the symbolism. The dying and rising savior motif has been around long before Jesus. See the first part of the Zeitgeist movie or Google "Astrotheology". You got a lot of studying to do. You are asking me to explain obvious things you should be able to see for yourself. The answers to your questions are out there.

Yes of course Christianity was subverted and turned into a control system to make people feel guilty. That is obvious. As they say, "Jesus was not a Christian and Buddha was not a Buddhist." The original founders of those religions never intended for their teachings to become an institutional religion created by man. Awakening to higher consciousness is not something that can be organized into an institution with money and politics.

I posted a lot of info about the new Prison Matrix and False Light Trap theory in another thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37392

Also, check out Wayne Bush's website which has a lot of info on that too. His website is:

http://www.trickedbythelight.com

Christianity is not a negative influence. It has helped a lot of people but it's been turned into a control system. Also a lot of stuff you read about the Inquisition and Dark Ages and Crusades is greatly exaggerated by Protestants to make the Catholic Church look bad. Not everything you heard and know about history is true. It's often exaggerated or contains lies. Be skeptical. Don't believe everything you hear, not from me or from the establishment.

Yes of course Christianity can sound creepy if you take it too literally. That's why I said to try to take it symbolically. You seem to take a lot of things literally.

I told you, go study the teachings of Joseph Campbell, Huston Smith, Manly P Hall, Carl Jung, etc. They have explained this stuff long ago and how you can view religion allegorically. Words can only point to higher truth, it cannot define higher truth. Words are meant for understanding the physical plane of reality only, or the material world. Higher truth has to be experienced through consciousness and through being born again.

If you want to learn things, you gotta invest time to learn them. Let me give you some stuff to watch and learn from. See the links below.

Here is the first part of Zeitgeist that explains Astrotheology and the solar myth that Jesus is based on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-qYDb7UcI

Here is a must hear lecture by Jordan Maxwell about Astrotheology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCz_WQ92w20

Here is a playlist of clips by Joseph Campbell. Some of them are from his talks with Bill Boyers on PBS about "The Power of Myth".

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _W24zIphmU

Also see this CBC documentary about the Pagan Christ, which explains how the story of Jesus Christ can be meaningful as allegory or metaphor even if he never existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYsYD52OAok

Hope you learn something from all that.

Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

Winston wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 6:57 am
Of course the Jesus story fits the stages of the hero's journey. Come on it's obvious. Even movies do. You are being too literal. Look deeper and look at the symbolism. The dying and rising savior motif has been around long before Jesus. See the first part of the Zeitgeist movie or Google "Astrotheology". You got a lot of studying to do. You are asking me to explain obvious things you should be able to see for yourself. The answers to your questions are out there.
Yeah, I saw that movie, I know that Christianity very much ripped off pagan myths based on astrology. But so what....Doesn't really show Christianity to be that special.

Yes of course Christianity was subverted and turned into a control system to make people feel guilty. That is obvious. As they say, "Jesus was not a Christian and Buddha was not a Buddhist." The original founders of those religions never intended for their teachings to become an institutional religion created by man. Awakening to higher consciousness is not something that can be organized into an institution with money and politics.

I posted a lot of info about the new Prison Matrix and False Light Trap theory in another thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37392

Also, check out Wayne Bush's website which has a lot of info on that too. His website is:

http://www.trickedbythelight.com

Christianity is not a negative influence. It has helped a lot of people but it's been turned into a control system. Also a lot of stuff you read about the Inquisition and Dark Ages and Crusades is greatly exaggerated by Protestants to make the Catholic Church look bad. Not everything you heard and know about history is true. It's often exaggerated or contains lies. Be skeptical. Don't believe everything you hear, not from me or from the establishment.

Yes of course Christianity can sound creepy if you take it too literally. That's why I said to try to take it symbolically. You seem to take a lot of things literally.
It seems like you are just ignoring parts of Christianity that don't seem right. Christianity is definitely filled with the idea of human sacrifice as i said. Not just with Jesus but also all over the place in the Old Testament which Jesus says is still a thing in the new testament. Symbolically eating someone's flesh and blood is hard to mis-interpret. Sometimes Christianity does help people but i personally think that's more due to the people being good natured than the religion itself.

So what's your best top 5 or top 10 proofs of this false light matrix idea?

I told you, go study the teachings of Joseph Campbell, Huston Smith, Manly P Hall, Carl Jung, etc. They have explained this stuff long ago and how you can view religion allegorically. Words can only point to higher truth, it cannot define higher truth. Words are meant for understanding the physical plane of reality only, or the material world. Higher truth has to be experienced through consciousness and through being born again.

If you want to learn things, you gotta invest time to learn them. Let me give you some stuff to watch and learn from. See the links below.

Here is the first part of Zeitgeist that explains Astrotheology and the solar myth that Jesus is based on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-qYDb7UcI

Here is a must hear lecture by Jordan Maxwell about Astrotheology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCz_WQ92w20

Here is a playlist of clips by Joseph Campbell. Some of them are from his talks with Bill Boyers on PBS about "The Power of Myth".

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _W24zIphmU

Also see this CBC documentary about the Pagan Christ, which explains how the story of Jesus Christ can be meaningful as allegory or metaphor even if he never existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYsYD52OAok

Hope you learn something from all that.
The CBC documentary link doesn't work right now. That playlist is 200 videos long and i already watched the main documentary in it on joseph campbell. I re-watched the zeitgeist astrotheology video. The jordan maxwell video is 2 hours long, maybe i'll watch it later, i don't have infinite time. But you seem to just brush off most of Christianity's problems by saying i'm interpreting Christianity too literally. It's not just about it being literal though, a lot of the core messages of the religion are wrong, with what i said already about the blood sacrifice issue, Christian Communism, and other things. So if instead of just sending more and more things for me to read or watch you responded to some of those things more that'd be nice.