Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Winston »

This is what Gabriel Erb has written on his website...

https://10lovecommandments.com/salvatio ... uld-boast/

“Not of works lest any man should boast” is a phrase the Apostle Paul wrote that is spoken ubiquitously in today’s church world. I mean it’s everywhere! And it’s being used incorrectly to make people believe they don’t have to live by God’s 10LC [ten commendments] to make heaven. This is DEAD wrong. And Paul would be livid at this lie! But today’s preachers don’t care. They’re happy to twist his words around to everyone’s destruction. Unbelievable! So what’s it REALLY about? What REALLY made Paul write “not of works” in some of his letters?

Paul wrote “not of works” because of two main issues of his day — circumcision and food abstinence. That’s right, the Old Testament Jewish laws of circumcision and abstaining from eating certain foods, and whether or not those laws needed to be followed for salvation, was the issue at hand that led Paul to write, “it’s not of works, lest you should boast!”
[...]
Let me put all of this to you in a different way, can you imagine a man walking up to Paul and saying “Paul, I’m struggling with the sin of adultery. I’ve been married 10 years now, but I have a mistress on the side, and I just can’t let her go”. And Paul leans over, pats the guy on the back and says, “Oh, brother, its ok, salvation is not of works of the law”. Can you imagine? Or how about a thief, or a murderer, or someone full of hatred and unforgiveness, or a greedy person? And Paul just comforts them and says, “Aww … it’s ok, friend, it’s not of works. Don’t worry about it.” Do you see how stupid that is? Paul would NEVER say that to those people! And yet, that is what preachers today are doing when they use the phrase “not of works” in their salvation pitch. You know they’re referring to the 10LC! They’re saying you don’t have to repent and live by the 10LC to make heaven. It’s not of works! You can go some other way. Just say this prayer with me. How tragic!
[...]
Satan has done as Peter said, he has twisted Paul’s words to their own destruction. It’s sick. And I promise you, these preachers will PAY dearly for their deception. For their lies are helping to send people to hell. As for Paul, do you know how many times he said we should be DOING GOOD WORKS to make heaven, meaning keep the 10LC? Oh, over and over again! Why don’t preachers grab these phrases out of Paul’s letters and parrot them continually during their salvation pitch?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne