What do you believe happens after death?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Death is one of the only certainties everyone has and what happens after is the greatest unknown.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: What do you believe happens after death?

Post by HouseMD »

I think that consciousness is an inherent property of matter, so you'll either continue to exist in some sort of odd dream/nightmare state or you'll experience blackness then reawaken with no memories of your past existence when your consciousness enters a new form. Maybe there's just nothing though, who knows
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

HouseMD wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 6:12 am
I think that consciousness is an inherent property of matter, so you'll either continue to exist in some sort of odd dream/nightmare state or you'll experience blackness then reawaken with no memories of your past existence when your consciousness enters a new form. Maybe there's just nothing though, who knows
And that materialist presupposition -- that matter precedes consciousness -- is the fundamental flaw in modern medicine. They've been trying to prove this for decades, with no luck. I think it's far more likely that matter is an emergent property of consciousness.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

gsjackson wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 6:23 am
HouseMD wrote:
And that materialist presupposition -- that matter precedes consciousness -- is the fundamental flaw in modern medicine. They've been trying to prove this for decades, with no luck. I think it's far more likely that matter is an emergent property of consciousness.
I wasn't as clear as I should have been- I think energy and consciousness are inseparable. Matter is crystalized energy, and therefore could be considered crystalized consciousness.

Medicine has very little to say on any of this, aside from that the belief that consciousness is a property of the brain's structure, which I disagree with
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's a law that says matter and energy can't be destroyed, only recycled or changed into another form. So maybe we reincarnate back here again on Earth? It would make sense since everything is recycled, including trees, plants, and grass. However, if that occurs then you lose your memories and personality too. Your personality resets again, like if you were born again, literally.

However, some people do have memories of past lives that do check out and are amazingly accurate and specific. Some children even speak foreign languages that they never learned before, as if those languages came from memories in a past life. So it could be that memory is stored somewhere in the spirit world or in the akashic records, and not in the brain. That's how some people, albeit a few, can remember past lives and even speak languages they never learned. Or it could be a form of telepathy or an entity inside them that is giving them these memories and skills that are coming from that other entity? Hard to say.

Eastern religions and Theosophy teach that our souls have several layers: Ego, spirit, and astral body. The ego and personality dies at death and is gone. The astral body lingers on for a while after death, like a ghost, before eventually dissipating. The higher spirit is what moves on either to heaven or hell or purgatory or another dimension, or reincarnates back on Earth. This sort of makes sense. Since we are each fragmented into layers, even in our mind between conscious and subconscious mind.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, even though there's some evidence and basis for life after death, there are some arguments that go against it too. For example:

1. When you sleep you lose consciousness and awareness, especially when you are not dreaming. Same when you are under anesthesia. You lose all awareness and time passes instantly without your knowing until you wake up. If you can lose awareness when you sleep or your brain shuts off, then that suggests that brain creates consciousness. Otherwise, if you were still conscious while sleeping then you would not lose that consciousness.

2. If there were an afterlife, there should be a clear communication channel to it. Like a direct and clear telephone line. Not random noises like in that spirit box you see on YouTube. Or electronic voice phenomenon (EVP). But we don't have it. I know some people talk to spirits, but most don't. There should be clear incontrovertible evidence by now.

3. Not everyone near death has an NDE. And most people have no past life memories. So even if reincarnation or the afterlife exists, it may be that only a few have it and not everyone. Maybe the controller of our simulation only saves those he likes and wants to use again? We tend to assume that an afterlife is either true for everyone or no one, but we never consider that it could be true only for a select few? Because we like to believe that God is fair and impartial and loves everyone equally of course, but what if that's not true? Looking at the world around us and at life in general, I see no evidence that the ruler of this world or matrix is fair or just or loves everyone equally. That's what everyone wants to believe, but what if it's just not so? There's no evidence for a just God and atheists are right to point out that the Christian concept of a 100 percent just and all good God is NOT compatible with what you see in this world at all. Not even a little. But just because a just God cannot exist doesn't mean there's no God or grand architect designer at all of course. Atheists always forget that.

4. You cannot remember your life or existence before birth usually. So it is possible your existence began at birth, since you have no memory prior to it. Now, if we didn't exist before we were born, then we are not eternal, since what has a beginning must have an end too. So if we had a non-existence before birth, we may have a non-existence after death. The logic follows.

5. If death were not the end, then we would not be trying to escape danger or death. Same with animals and even insects, they try to flee from danger or perceived threats. This means that we instinctively must know that death is the end of our existence, or else we would not be afraid of it. Atheists like to cite this argument. One Atheist woman cited this argument on CNN's Larry King Live once during a debate.

Not saying that these disprove life after death, they are just valid arguments against it, that should be considered in the big picture. Arguments exist on both sides of the issue, that's what makes this a very controversial and mysterious subject.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
One of my favorite parapsychologists and telepathy researchers, Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, said the same thing, that he believes the afterlife is like an eternal dream state or nightmare. See below.

Excerpted from a longer talk given at Hollyhock in 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxsNpMpPT3Q

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

All indicators are we live and die and are offered immortality through our blood lines. Since the planet is going to shit my line stops here but I have an inferior line anyway so it's for the best.

House MD is either a demon or a space monster or maybe both and more then likely immortal.
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
June 9th, 2021, 8:50 am
All indicators are we live and die and are offered immortality through our blood lines. Since the planet is going to shit my line stops here but I have an inferior line anyway so it's for the best.

House MD is either a demon or a space monster or maybe both and more then likely immortal.
I'm actually a sentient 2016 Challenger R/T with several bolt-on modifications and a custom tune. MOPAR unreliability means my days will soon be numbered.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
June 9th, 2021, 8:58 am
Moretorque wrote:

I'm actually a sentient 2016 Challenger R/T with several bolt-on modifications and a custom tune. MOPAR unreliability means my days will soon be numbered.
A Transformer is a type of space monster.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Note: I moved the threads about Tsar and his alleged illness to another Tsar thread. Tsar please don't divert a topic in another thread to one of your personal topics please. Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:

How do you know this? Have you studied this issue on both sides and heard what the NDE researchers have to say on the subject? If not, why do you jump to conclusions? I've never understood why some guys are sure they know there's no afterlife. How can they know that for sure? Why not be honest and admit that you just don't know? Why are so many men so arrogant?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dr. Raymond Moody explains on Gaia TV his thoughts on Near Death Experiences. Very beautiful and moving.

Dr. Raymond Moody explains on Gaia TV why he believes in Reincarnation.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:
June 9th, 2021, 12:49 pm
Moretorque wrote:

How do you know this? Have you studied this issue on both sides and heard what the NDE researchers have to say on the subject? If not, why do you jump to conclusions? I've never understood why some guys are sure they know there's no afterlife. How can they know that for sure? Why not be honest and admit that you just don't know? Why are so many men so arrogant?
Roughly 90% of religions focus on the after life, I don't know why man thinks he is any different than any other life form that has lived on earth. Could it be mortality is a tough pill to swallow, as stated our children are immortality in a sense.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That doesn't answer my question Moretorque. This isn't about religion. This is about the afterlife. How do you know there is none? Did you see the videos I posted above? If so, what's your comment on them? They are very interesting and worth considering.