Entheogens and Spiritual Experiences

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Entheogens and Spiritual Experiences

Post by MrMan »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 4:10 am
And you know something, cocaine was once in Coca Cola. Why did they take all these drugs found in nature out if they can be helpful to human health? Was it because of the drug companies?
Some people in the mountains in South America chew coca leaves, which gives them a bit more energy in the thin air. But to sell it as a street drug, it is processed to make it many, many times more powerful.

I read they used to put about 3 grams of cocaine in a coca cola, along with a lot of caffeine from kola beans. I don''t know if that is right. Soft drinks evolved from fountain drinks that they used to mix up at pharmacies. Back in the 1800s and early 1900s, doctors and pharmacists would give out morphine and cocaine. Baby won't sleep? Give him this elixir with morphine in it? He'll be very calm. I read Sigmund Freud recommended cocaine to cure addiction to morphine.

From a modern perspective, the medical industry had a lot of quackery back then.

The UK also fought a war to protect the opium trade. The emperor of China wanted to outlaw it.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 4:10 am
I am not against using mushrooms or anything in nature that can improve your health, for instance marijuana. (Though I don't use.)

John Lennon was said to have been using 'shrooms when he composed this song:

Across the Universe

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me
Jai guru deva, om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes
They call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letterbox they
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe
Jai guru deva, om
Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing
Through my open ears inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe
Jai guru deva, om
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva

And you know something, cocaine was once in Coca Cola. Why did they take all these drugs found in nature out if they can be helpful to human health? Was it because of the drug companies?
I don't usually dabble in other drugs. I used to smoke a lot of weed back in the day and in the past I've tried stuff like cocaine and ecstasy. Interestingly, when making the comparison between alcohol and marinuana and which of them is actually a gateway drug I find that I've always experimented with other drugs when influenced by alcohol, not marijuana.

When it comes to mushrooms I wasn't under the influence of either alcohol or marijuana. I was researching treatments for depression other than becoming a lifelong customer of Big Pharma. I read that small studies had been conducted which show that psilocybin actually cures depression rather than alleviating symptoms. Also, studies show that it has cured PTSD in soldiers. So these entehogens have fantastic healing qualities.

As for myself, mushrooms have always acted like a spiritual enema that flush my soul of all the stress and negativity accumulated through every day life.

As an added bonus when I take them I have all these really deep philosophical insights, which are a really enjoyable experience for me. In all the time I've taken shrooms I've never once had a bad trip. I respect the substance and only take them for health benefits and for the deep philosophical insights I have when I take a higher dose.

I'm not against other drugs, though I personally see no value in them. I believe each individual should have the freedom to choose what they want to take. Everyone should be the sovereign of their own body. Its because of this personal belief that I was so opposed to the covid vaccine and how they tried to force people to take it even if they didn't want to.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I'll be having some more shrooms tomorrow. A strong dose of a potent strain! So I'm hoping to have some more deep and philosophical insights! @gsjackson I was told that you were interested in psychedelics and wanted to ask about the true nature of the earth or something? If I see anything of that nature I will inform you!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.