Church of Satan

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Church of Satan

Post by The Wily Fox »

I would like to impart some of my knowledge upon the Church of Satan and some of my core beliefs as outlined by Anton LaVey. Please share your thoughts with me. I sincerely hope my ideas here will be well received.

Anton LaVey officially formed the church of Satan on the night of April 30-May 1, 1966. He published the Satanic Bible in 1969.

The Church of Satan admits that early rituals were mostly mockeries of Christian ritual and reenactments of Christian folklore concerning the supposed behavior of Satanists. For example, upside down crosses, reading the Lord’s Prayer backward, using a nude woman as an altar, etc.

However, as the Church of Satan evolved it solidified its own specific messages and tailored its rituals around those messages.

The Church of Satan promotes individuality and following your desires. At the core of the religion are three sets of principles which outline these beliefs.

The Nine Satanic Statements - Included in the opening of the Satanic Bible as written by LaVey. These statements outline the fundamental beliefs.

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth - Written two years prior to the Satanic Bible, LaVey wrote these rules for members of the Church of Satan.

The Nine Satanic Sins - From pretentiousness to herd conformity, LaVey outlined the unacceptable actions for members.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Church of Satan

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

I don't mind your Satanist beliefs at all.
I think it's interesting. I'm Korean American and the majority of Korean Americans are Christians with little bit of Buddhist and little bit of folk shamanism. I have never encountered any Korean American who is a Satanist. That would totally blow their f*cking minds. :lol:
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Post by The Wily Fox »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 2:07 pm
I think it's interesting. I'm Korean American and the majority of Korean Americans are Christians with little bit of Buddhist and little bit of folk shamanism. I have never encountered any Korean American who is a Satanist. That would totally blow their f*cking minds. :lol:
Thank you for your kindness and open mind. It's refreshing to not have someone making the sign of the cross at the mere mention of Satanism, as though we Satanists were all baby eating demon worshippers.

As a Satanist the only one I worship is myself. The pursuit of hedonistic pleasure is the only thing that truly matters. The rest is just background noise, so it's important to distinguish between the desires of the self and the strictly imposed desires of society. We must all find our inner power and strive for our own success.
vlkmo
Freshman Poster

Post by vlkmo »

I think it is stupid to even pretend to associate with evil itself (which Satanism comes off as), and is the "individuality and following your desires" thing only real in theory or subjective? Most Satanists today align with Marxism/globalism so it seems to contradict the idea, and they also are allegedly dabbling in the occult and doing baby killing rituals too.

I won't knock you for it, you can believe whatever you want.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Post by The Wily Fox »

vlkmo wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 1:51 pm
I think it is stupid to even pretend to associate with evil itself (which Satanism comes off as), and is the "individuality and following your desires" thing only real in theory or subjective? Most Satanists today align with Marxism/globalism so it seems to contradict the idea, and they also are allegedly dabbling in the occult and doing baby killing rituals too.

I won't knock you for it, you can believe whatever you want.
You think it's stupid, do you? That's the kind of response I've come to expect from the type of conformist masses of your ilk. Through your response here you've demonstrated your complete lack of knowledge on the subject and highlighted the narrow minded paradigm of thought which you subscribe to.

All this nonsense of Satanism representing evil is misguided bleating of the conformist sheep who can't think for themselves or investigate the CoS individually. The childish remark about baby killing rituals only made me laugh at your lack of knowledge outside of what you were bottle fed by the state and it appears your mental faculties haven't advanced much since then.

I pity you.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The Wily Fox wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 12:17 pm
As a Satanist the only one I worship is myself.
What is the Satanist strategy for the prisoner's dilemma?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Crap religion designed as a reaction to another religion, as opposed to having merit on its own.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
January 1st, 2024, 11:13 am
Crap religion designed as a reaction to another religion, as opposed to having merit on its own.
Are you talking about Satanism? Christianity has done all the things you've just mentioned. It's been proven on this forum time and time again that Christianity is just a plagiarism of older Pagan religions. It's just that yourself and other Christians around here ignore anything which highlights the fact that Christianity is NOT the one true religion.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
88jose88
Freshman Poster

Post by 88jose88 »

The Wily Fox wrote:
Thank you for your kindness and open mind. It's refreshing to not have someone making the sign of the cross at the mere mention of Satanism, as though we Satanists were all baby eating demon worshippers.

As a Satanist the only one I worship is myself. The pursuit of hedonistic pleasure is the only thing that truly matters. The rest is just background noise, so it's important to distinguish between the desires of the self and the strictly imposed desires of society. We must all find our inner power and strive for our own success.
Why is hedonism the highest good?Btw,I don't mind satanists,the jos types are good people.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Post by The Wily Fox »

88jose88 wrote:
January 1st, 2024, 6:32 pm
The Wily Fox wrote:

Why is hedonism the highest good?Btw,I don't mind satanists,the jos types are good people.
Hedonism is the highest good because it is the pursuit of pleasure. In this life it is part of our natural drive to seek pleasure and avoid pain. I made a thread about this somewhere which explains everything in great detail.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Post by The Wily Fox »

fschmidt wrote:
December 31st, 2023, 7:28 pm
The Wily Fox wrote:
As a Satanist the only one I worship is myself.
What is the Satanist strategy for the prisoner's dilemma?

Since we know most people are scum it makes most sense to steal. I think it is always best to look out for yourself. I don't subscribe to modern society and its herd mentality collectivism, I only care about myself because if this world has taught me anything it is that you should always look out for number one.

This is the essence of Satanism as I understand it. As I previously mentioned the term "Hail Satan" is just another phrase for "Hail Me" there is no reason to place yourself below others or equal to them. It makes much more sense to value yourself above all else.